• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh vs Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Gliscor got his development off screen

-Torterra was developed from a speed into a tank

-Infernape obviously has the best development

-Buizel developed from a contest mon into a fighter

-All ash's strategy came from his companion = Best girl confirmed

-He also perfectly baited paul into almost knocking infernape out to activate blaze. Seems like a pretty good tactic to me.

-Paul also switched his developed team for new pokemons because he was afraid ash might counter him and brought out 5 completely unseen pokemons to beat ash ( good preperation )

Well share what you think is good about this series and Sinnoh. Honestly though its hard to point out good things about this league other then animation and the series as a whole was brought down by it

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sinnoh is my favorite so far but Kalos would be my new one if Ash wins it. I feel Ash developed his team more but he used his reserves instead of his Sinnoh team.

Nothingjustgo.

They're close. I liked Sinnoh a lot because that is when I feel the battles got REALLY amazing. Though Kalos isn't as amazing as Sinnoh's battle choreography, the animation is a TON better so it's hard for me to decide which series is better.

Ofrea123

This type of discussion again... Why do so many people like to bring sinnoh up?

And you quoted some of the worst examples

-Gliscor got his development off screen

-All ash's strategy came from his companion = Best girl confirmed

-He also perfectly baited paul into almost knocking infernape out to activate blaze. Seems like a pretty good tactic to me.

-Paul also switched his developed team for new pokemons because he was afraid ash might counter him and brought out 5 completely unseen pokemons to beat ash ( good preperation )

The part about paul switching his team was ok but seriously they brought out 5 pokemon we didnt even know he had.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Despite some nostalgia coming into play, I have to agree DP did a lot of things right (despite also doing some "questionable" things). I feel like Dawn is to this day the best written female protagonist, because she didn't feel inferior to Ash in terms of spotlight and arguably had better development than Ash even. The Ash and Paul rivalry was executed pretty well, especially during the tag team tournament. Heck, Ash himself started to show signs of development as he used past battles and advice to create recurring movements and strategies.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but the reason I like DP more than XY is because the strategy used in the battles were really unique and technical. Although I do like some of the battles in XY (vs Olympia I feel like is the best battle in XY so far), most of the battles felt like "Use this! Dodge! Now use this! Alright I win!", as in it was just trading commands without much depth involved. Also switching pokemons help make full battles interesting (both Ash vs Paul battles had numerous switches, especially the lake one which I think had 12). The final Ash vs Paul battle was spectacular in terms of using different strategy and mentioning past moments, as well as Type:Wild! (I was also like the only one that kinda wanted both Ash and Paul to win the league if possible, but maybe there are other people who felt like this out there). I will say though the animation in XY is great, but I don't value animation too highly.

I could keep going, but I'll just stop here. XY hype is big right now so I feel like people will hate me for saying this, but whatever. I guess this is a good place to express my love for DP?

Lionel_B

Hoenn :D !

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sinnoh, the best developed Pokemon in my opinion, Piplup, Chimchar/Infernape, Croagunk, Sudowoodo, Happiny, Buneary, Pachirisu, Aipom/Ambipom, Staraptor, Mamoswine, Buizel, Gliscor and Turtwig/Grotle are all stand out pokemon to me, they felt like a nice group of pokemon too and really blended well together. Best developed female companion who didn't seem like she was in Ash's shadow, she felt like his equal, best developed rival in Paul and some very interesting rivals like Barry, Zoey and Ursula. Best evil team story arc, although Team Flare is shaping up nicely, the villians in DP were awesome like Galactic and Hunter J. Heck I even loved Team Rocket's team of Wobbufett, Seviper, Carnivine, Mime. Jr, and Yanmega.
It had some very memorable stories which developed over the series, Ash/Paul, Chimchar's developmet, Dawn's contest arc.
Even had some memorable filler episodes like when the gang and Barry get split up at Canalave City, the Togepi episode, the older woman using Pikachu (her Pikachu Sugar evolved into Raichu and ran away), the Lonely Snover, these are some of the episodes that just popped into my head.

That said, Kalos took a long long time to actually get interesting for me, yes storywise it was good, but the development for Serena took too long, and only now am I seeing personalities in the gangs pokemon that didn't exist much in early XY, I feel like Ash-Greninja came out of nowhere, I never really sensed a strong bond between the 2 before, but that said, now things are happening, its sparking an interest more in me, and I have actually watched every episode when it airs like I did with DP, but didn't do with BW.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I liked Sinnoh, yet I think the usage of older Pokémon in the League was a bad idea. Torterra would''ve needed the wins, not monsters which already participated in a League. I would've understood it if Ash used an All Star Team against Tobias (Not that one in my signature^^), and that would've been really amazing.

Overall, I like XY better, Ash's more mature, he has his best regional team so far and the TF arc will probably be the most epic arc in the history of the Anime

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I like both but I give the edge to sinnoh since I like Dawn more than Serena and Bonnie and i like Paul more than any XY rival.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Gotta give the edge to Kalos. I like the maturity and the story. DP is good, but I remember getting bored at one point with it. But I will hand it to them when it comes to Paul because he is the best rival we'll ever get.

Breeloom

The part about paul switching his team was ok but seriously they brought out 5 pokemon we didnt even know he had.

We saw Paul catch Ninjask and knew he already had Electabuzz and Lairon which evolved before the battle against Ash. So with Paul bringing out 3 brand new Pokémon, that isn't that bad.

Epicocity

At the moment, I give the edge to Sinnoh. However, I feel on the whole, XY was paced better to the extent that we didn't have to sit through too many pointless fillers. Depending on how the League ends and the Flare arc, this may change. However, nothing can beat Paul, and that gives Sinnoh far more of an edge. He was the real reason DP worked so well.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I will say the XY series because as I was watching the DP series, I got really bored with the fillers. For the XY fillers, I did not feel as bored. That made the difference for me. I'll admit, Paul is possibly the best rival Ash ever encountered. And you cannot have a better rival than Paul. Heck, he pushed Ash over his limits and Ash had to work to prove he can be a worthy trainer. In XY, Ash proved to us that he really turned things around after the lackluster performance in Unova. We got great battles in XY. Don't get me wrong though, the battles in DP were awesome too! Ash having the fully-evolved water starter is great too, as that has never happened before. On top of that, Greninja has a cool transformation that works similarly to Mega Evolution. Ash's XY team is a fully evolved team, but Sinnoh has like two Pokemon that did not evolve (Gible, but he was caught late, and Buizel, but he still looks cool though). The maturity and the story in XY got me back to watching the Pokemon anime again and will always hold a place in my memory.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sinnoh had just about development for everyone. Who can forget Byron's creepy obsession with holes, the Lake Trio connecting with every main character, every rival getting a hell lot of screen time each, the two times they used Lucario and actually portrayed them well and never got in our nerves unlike now, Gible trying to eradicate Piplup from the face of the earth, sneaky Lyra, Paul's ultra jerkass rivalry with Ash clashing constantly, Chimchar, Ash and Dawn constantly complementing each other, Brock's big bro love cementing itself the moment he arrived in a truck and hot damn that broken Happiny for league material, zany plots, Hunter J, Conway raising the rating from PG to PG-13... I could go all day.

Kalos is technically the Ash, Alain, latecomer SSS, and TF's show.

Red and Blue

This thread seems a bit premature. Shouldnt we at least wait until kalos ends

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This thread seems a bit premature. Shouldnt we at least wait until kalos ends

I doubt TF's big finish or Ash's victory or - pray tell - defeat at the league are enough to topple down all the good things that happened in Sinnoh AND fix the glaring flaws Kalos has.

Remember that being entertained is the main draw.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Sinnoh has Dawn

/thread

This as well as Paul and better plots. Kalos focused too much on Ash, Team Rocket, and fillers over the characters that actually needed it imo.
the first year of xy is actually worse than BW: season 2 DA! Iris at least got some episodes during DA! while Serena hardly got **** in the first 40 episodes of XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.