• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Is this a balanced team because I'm making a Sinnoh themed team for pokemon White.

The three starters
Lucario
Staraptor
Toegkiss

Are there any weaknesses that I need to work out or replace members.

EDIT: Also what should there moves be?

EDIT: Okay so for Infernape I want it to have Close Combat,Flamethower,Undiced for the rest.
Empolean Surf,Waterfall,Metal Claw and if it can learn it Swords dance.
Torterra Earthquake rest undiced.
Lucario Aura Sphere,Shadow ball,Extreme Speed Undiced.
Staraptor Close Combat,Return,Fly,and Undiced.
Togekiss Aura Sphere, and if it can learn it Slam or Take down.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Couldn't you post moves, please? I'm afraid this thread will got locked, as it infringing some rules =(

Anyway, Staraptor should run Brave Bird, Close Combat, Quick Attack and Return. Brave Bird & Close Combat pretty much deals with most things that might harm him, while Return provides a nice STAB and Quick Attack has priority to help taking out faster foes. Slap a Life Orb on him to max out damage! It's pretty much suicide, though, as Life Orb & Brave Bird has some nasty recoil. Don't be afraid, though, it's in-game and you have access to a plenty of recovery items, including revives ^^
Lucario have plenty of options. A mixed one should be a better option. Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Rock Slide/Stone Edge and Extreme Speed can help you deal with...EVERYTHING!
I'll help more later when you post some of YOUR ideas. Right now I can't. And again, edit the OP with your ideas for yours pokemons, that is: their movesets.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Is this a balanced team because I'm making a Sinnoh themed team for pokemon White.

The three starters
Lucario
Staraptor
Toegkiss

Are there any weaknesses that I need to work out or replace members.

EDIT: Also what should there moves be?

Like said, edit this with full team, too.

Empoleon
Brine/Surf
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Drill Peck/Grass Knot/Aqua Jet
Moves are up to you, I prefer Brine but Surf is good too.
Drill Peck and Aqua Jet are physical, but Grass Knot requires some effort to get, IIRC.

Infernape
Earthquake
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Flare Blitz

Torterra
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Wood Hammer
Crunch

Lucario
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon/Extremespeed/Bullet Punch
Last Move is up to choice, Flash Cannon doesn't cover anything it already covers, but uses it's STAB and slightly better Sp. Attack. Extremespeed and Bullet Punch would likely require to go mixed with this, though.

Staraptor
Close Combat
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Return

Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Ancientpower/Psychic
Shadow Ball
Not too sure on this one...

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hum, good point on Bullet Punch. Indeed, I forgot that. But... I mean, while BP got STAB, it's have lower base power than Extreme Speed. It actually hits some types for S-E damage, but Aura Sphere is way superior and it already cover most things BP would. For that reasons I found Extreme Speed a better option, as it have a higher base power and a better priority. And, why Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball? I want to know your reasons. It's good we exchange reasons, both the OP and us can learn from it, don't take this the wrong way.
Oh, and I also want to know your reasons over U-Turn. Wouldn't Quick Attack be better? It's a realiable STAB; have priority. I don't see enough reasons to use U-Turn, specially in-game.

chap196

Togekiss
Item: King's Rock/ Leftovers
Nature: Modest/Timid
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed or HP/ 4 HP or Speed
Moveset
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Roost/ other coverage move

Air Slash can easily flinch your opponent thanks to Serene Grace and Aura Sphere to cover most type Air Slash can't. Thunder Wave will make Togekiss outspeed your opponent and has 25% chance for the opponent to be unable to attack plus another 60% from Air Slash. Roost is for healing Togekiss, but is not always necessary, so you can use other coverage move.

Hope this help

Aura Sensei™

User Title
This is a really sad state of affairs. First off, to the OP, read the rules before posting a Team, you need to post moves.

Some of dirkac's suggestions should be ignored, as they're plain stupid in some cases.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Electric]
- Grass Knot

Never use Brine. Surf has much more consitent damage than it.

Infenape @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Seed Bomb > Wood Hammer on Torterra, if you're able to breed, as the recoil can be quite annoying when paired with Torterra's low Speed.

Lucario @ Leftovers / Muscle Band
Trait: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Ice Punch / Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

if you want mixape rather than physical ape:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower