• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sir Chris' Pokemon moveset guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryuu

movesets

Very nice job, Sir Chris. The list is too long for me to view but I'm just viewing those Pokemon that are/were in my team. This list is GIGANTIC. Bet it took ages to type that.................

Anyway, I find a lot of things to criticise:

1. Why does Espeon need HP Water? He can't use it to destroy those pesky Bug/Dark types. He could use something else.
2. That Umbreon moveset is extremely cheap. Why use such pathetic moves on a great tank like Umbreon? He doesn't have any offensive attacks either! He needs Moonlight and Psychic/Faint Attack.
3. Feraligatr doesn't need Roar. He'd be better off with Surf.
4. Typhlosion is better suited to Flamethrower: Fire Blast is unreliable because of its low PP and inaccuracy.
5. Skarmory should have Toxic instead of Curse. That way, it can switch out several enemies with Whirlwind and poison them.
6. Lovely Kiss on the Nidos? No, no........that move's not very good.

Most movesets were just awesome. Congratulations again on a great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guest3

SirChris, how can Nidoqueen and Nidoking learn Lovely Kiss?

bme™

"Could it be... the legend...?"
||Flaming Phoenix|| said:
Very nice job, Sir Chris. The list is too long for me to view but I'm just viewing those Pokemon that are/were in my team. This list is GIGANTIC. Bet it took ages to type that.................

Anyway, I find a lot of things to criticise:

1. Why does Espeon need HP Water? He can't use it to destroy those pesky Bug/Dark types. He could use something else.
I think he has that for countering Tyranitar.
2. That Umbreon moveset is extremely cheap. Why use such pathetic moves on a great tank like Umbreon? He doesn't have any offensive attacks either! He needs Moonlight and Psychic/Faint Attack.
Its stats aren't really good enough for offense, and it's high defenses allow it to survive while inflicting status effects.
3. Feraligatr doesn't need Roar. He'd be better off with Surf.
Roar keeps other Roar users from Roar'ing it out, and will do overall more damage using Curse than Surf.
4. Typhlosion is better suited to Flamethrower: Fire Blast is unreliable because of its low PP and inaccuracy.
Low PP isn't an issue with Pokémon that won't survive many turns.
5. Skarmory should have Toxic instead of Curse. That way, it can switch out several enemies with Whirlwind and poison them.
Toxic is can be good on Skarmory, but trying to combo with Whirlwind will more than likely lead to Raikou switching in.
6. Lovely Kiss on the Nidos? No, no........that move's not very good.
It's not a move you would rely soley on, but putting something to sleep is one of the best things you can do. Bar Sleep Talk or Mint Berry, it can break any advantage your opponent has on you.

Y

Your_Flaming_Demise

I'm sorry if someone else posted this or if I'm missing the point but you smeargle set:

Semargle@Leftovers
Agility
Spore
**Spikes**
**Baton Pass**

Why would you use Spikes with Baton Pass???

S

Sir Chris

Spikes is... spikes. I believe it is the fastest spiker, well, I think Qwilfish is faster but its faster than forry and cloyster. Baton Pass passes agility

Lovely Kiss is through NYPC.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Hey this is pretty good, i printed it out *(Alongside with the Houenn movesets) Um one question thought some attacks aren't TM's right (In neither of the games) and some can't learn the attacks only by breeding right? Then how the hell do we get a pokemon like Lugia to learn Curse? i am just wondering how that could be unless if all genderless not able to breed pokemon can learn these attacks with Move tutor or whatever or naturally

K

Kevinphet

I would've dashed out curse on Lugia for ice beam. If the opponent sent out a Lugia, you could Ice beam it. Or you could KILL Aerodactyl, or flying types such as that. You could also use it against a Dragonite with Blizzard or Thunder. The 10% chance of freezing is also pretty sweet. Yours works, but just having two attacks isn't such a sweet deal. You probably wouldn't have much of a chance of winning against another Lugia. Explosion or Destiny Bond is also not out of the question. That could be a HUGE weakness for Lugia. Cursing up also reduces SPEED, which also could give Lugia a weak spot. A Gengar might be able to fit in a Destiny Bond there. Zapdos could kill Lugia, but if Lugia has Ice beam, that could be a differance maker. Aerodactyl can be a pain in the neck for Lugia to withstand, since flying doesn't do much to rock, and earthquake is ineffective to It's flying type. Ice beam should be added, because it may benefit Lugia greatly. Reducing speed for attack and defense isn't always a bright idea... Oh, here's what it should look like. I'm not asking you to change it, I just wanted to give a second opinion on your Lugia set.

Lugia

Aeroblast
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Recover @ Leftovers

That's my set. Lvl 100. Your set works too, but I think I'll stick with mine. It must've taken LOOONNGG to write that moveset. I'll give you credit for that. It's cool enough you took the time to write it. Oh yeah, Curse is a TM(TM03). It can be found behind Celadon mansion, from this old woman. There is a secret entrance behind Celadon Mansion. Enter and keep going up the stairs.

T

Thomas

Sir Chris said:
Beedrill@Mint Berry
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power Bug
Rest

Weaknesses: Can't hit physically strong or steel types well at all, Has no special attack to speak of. Lacks any sort of real defense

Strengths: Strong physically. Can knock pokemon out real easily once its on a roll. swords dance minty rest and go go go.

An odd pokemon to say the least, with swords dance boosting its hefty attack its good, but its still kind of slow and with all its weaknesses its just a time bomb ready to explode. Sludge bomb and HP Bug are both excellent stabbed moves for the set. Minty rest gives it a chance to recover then go for the sweep. In the right situation beedrill can be very deadly, but its hard to find the situation.

How can you make your Pokémon's Hidden Power the Bug Type?

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
On online battling simulars you can choose your pokemon stats Thomas, and that's what this guide is intended for.

Kevinphet, ice beaming lugia actually loses to Aerodactyl due to CRAP DEFENCE and LOUSY SPEED mixed with SUBSTITUTE this is NOT GOOD. Lugia's earthquake sucks without curse anyway and Zapdos just owns lugia end of story.

M

~-=Mewtwo=-~

Espeon's hidden power should be fighting x4 on tyranitar

Tyranitar @Charcoal/Nevermeltice
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Crunch

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
4x on Ttar with espeons attack is like 2x effective on ttar with machamps attack - ****

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I think that this ms works well with sunflora

Syntheiesis
Solarbeam
Sunny day
HP water - fire
HP fire - grass
HP grass - water

P

People suck

I am the best.

Leon-IH said:
Kevinphet, ice beaming lugia actually loses to Aerodactyl due to CRAP DEFENCE and LOUSY SPEED mixed with SUBSTITUTE this is NOT GOOD. Lugia's earthquake sucks without curse anyway and Zapdos just owns lugia end of story.
1. The most powerful attack aerodactyl can use against lugia is HP rock. And that can't 3HKO a lugia with leftovers.
2. Lugia's 358 defense and 318 speed are "crap" and "lousy"? I guess mewtwo's special attack is average, eh?
3. Substitute will only delay aerodactyl's death.
4. Lugia's earthquake can actually be good if you don't waste it against things like snorlax. It works fine against stuff like nidoking, electabuzz, gengar and tentacruel.
5. Ice beam lugia can actually beat zapdos.
Kevinphet said:
Lugia

Aeroblast
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Recover @ Leftovers
Aeroblast ends out of PP fast. It's not really that good unless you combine it with curse. Use thunderbolt instead. It works much better.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
People suck said:
3. Substitute will only delay aerodactyl's death.
5. Ice beam lugia can actually beat zapdos.

Zapdos usually packs para, therefore it is very much a _CAN_ not will.

Substitute can give you enough time to get off the four required hits if you have a little luck with lugia's ice beam damage. Don't forget Aero IS faster.

And Lugia's earthquake can't even beat tentacruel or muk before they kill it without curse (As I recall anyway, haven't been n00b enough to battle 00bers in a while).

P

People suck

I am the best.

Leon-OH said:
Zapdos usually packs para, therefore it is very much a _CAN_ not will.
Zapdos can 3HKO lugia with thunderbolt. Lugia can 3HKO zapdos with ice beam. Lugia is faster.
And no, zapdos does not usually have thunder wave, if you're thinking of that.

Leon-IH said:
Substitute can give you enough time to get off the four required hits if you have a little luck with lugia's ice beam damage. Don't forget Aero IS faster.
OK, explain how an aerodactyl with substitute can beat a lugia.

Leon-IH said:
And Lugia's earthquake can't even beat tentacruel or muk before they kill it without curse (As I recall anyway, haven't been n00b enough to battle 00bers in a while).
Do you even know how much damage lugia's earthquake does to tentacruel and muk? And do you know how much damage muk's and tentacruel's attacks do to lugia?
And battling with "00bers" isn't "n00b". This is what idiots say.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
hows this for venusaur:

Solarbeam/sunny day/Hp water (fire types)/sleep/stun spore

P

People suck

I am the best.

Sunny day and HP water in the same moveset is a bad idea. Use HP fire instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.