• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sitting Psyduck (417)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Sitting Psyduck

Enroute to Saffron City, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who's Psyduck has been attacked by a Machop, Machoke & Machamp. Psyduck is trying to return something to it's trainer but is being stopped by it's trainers fighting Pokémon. Will it get the item back to it's trainer and defend itself against the bullies?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

JazzJazz

I'm predicting that this episode was little more than a lame filler, with the possibility that the psyduck showed some out-of-character strength towards the end in order to thwart either Team Rocket or the machop gang.

B

Blaziken master

I can't wait to see what Machamp does,it seems to be getting more roles like machoke

L

Little_Munkki

I thought the Psyduck in this ep was Misty's. That explains the bow around it's neck. Apparently this wasn't that great of an ep, because recently people post alot about an ep the day it's aired if the ep is really good...the very first BF ep for instance.

G

Geki

Little_Munkki said:
I thought the Psyduck in this ep was Misty's. That explains the bow around it's neck. Apparently this wasn't that great of an ep, because recently people post alot about an ep the day it's aired if the ep is really good...the very first BF ep for instance.

Or it could be that the episode just aired yesterday and no one has any epi pics or guides yet, so it's hard to tell if the episode was good or not.

greatfire

Rainbow Trainer
This episode is a lame filler.
A brief summary: The psyduck is depressed because its trainer (a young girl) doesn't use it for battles. The machop, machoke and machamp also belong to that girl (or her family) and were sent to retrieve the psyduck.
In the end the girl use it in a battle against Team Rocket and Psyduck is happy again.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
This episode was crazy, but in a good way ^^
The animation was pretty good, only the Pokémon looked a bit off sometimes. The music was awesome. More awesome than usual that is. They used the Regi music when the Machop, Machoke, Machamp trio appeared in front of the gang and a remix of Smile that sounded quite pretty.

The Psyduck somehow reminded me of Madam Muchmoney's Snubbull. It was spoilt too much and quite unhappy with the circumstances. Only difference is, it's much cuter and less bothering than Snubbull in my opinion.

Azumi was a bit annoying, saying "Mai Suwiito Hannii Kodakku-chan!" over and over. If I had a trainer like that, I'd probably bunk, but whatever.

Phanpy battled twice, once against the Machop and Co. and once against May's Squirtle. It also helped a bit fighting against Team Rocket. Plus, it was often playing with that Psyduck, so it had much screentime today.

Team Rocket was crazy today. First, Meowth's boss fantasy was hilarious. Psyduck as something like medicine. Yanno, it alleviated pain and so on. Freaky. And there always was a creepy voice in the background saying the same thing for each scene (there were three, first one had Giovanni hitting his finger with a hammer, in the second one he hit his toe on his desk and in the third one he had a headache while eating ice-cream). Bwah, I'm so bad at explaining XD
I also liked how they tricked the twerps. Turning the lawn into a Pinball "field" and letting them bounce off in all directions looked pretty funny.

I actually thought this episode was much more enjoyable than the Arcanine one but that's probably just me o_O

Last edited:
W

Waveblaster

Seems kinda boring if you ask me...I myself am sick and tired of Wanriki and its evolved forms. Especially Goriki who has had its share of screentime and more.

JazzJazz

Sushi said:
Phanpy battled twice, once against the Machop and Co. and once against May's Squirtle. It also helped a bit fighting against Team Rocket. Plus, it was often playing with that Psyduck, so it had much screentime today.

Quiet, not too loud. Too much talk like that and people will start to go nuts about a possible evolution for the little guy.

Seriously though, it's good to hear that phanpy is getting a bit more exposure now... I guess it's required to make up for the neglect (from the writers, not Ash) it suffered in Johto.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Oi. The biggest enoyable part about the episode was, surprisingly enough, the Giovanni fantasy. Just for the simple reason that it's Psyduck curing Gio MAGICALLY from all his aches and giving him that goofy look at the same time.

The rest was blah... It feels like they're trying to recapture the spirit of Kanto in the first season, but only half succeeding. If I was watching this back in the day as a noble and naive youth, then was commenting about it up to this point on these boards, I'd probably have more respect for it. But I don't. We've seen Psyduck. We've seen the Machop trio (rarely altogether like this, so it was a special treat).

I swear though, Phanpy must have a "Make Friends with every Damn Pokemon you see" personality. Either that or the writers are just unimaginative. Say, how's about we have it in an important battle or two?! That could work (providing we actually GET to a plot-engulfed area soon, uggh).

I haven't looked at the next episode's thread, so I'm crossing my fingers for that.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
JazzJazz said:
Quiet, not too loud. Too much talk like that and people will start to go nuts about a possible evolution for the little guy.

Seriously though, it's good to hear that phanpy is getting a bit more exposure now... I guess it's required to make up for the neglect (from the writers, not Ash) it suffered in Johto.

It's their fault if they jump into conclusions, I couldn't care less about that.
The reason I mentioned it was that, as you said, it's a pleasant surprise :)

Team Rocket Admin, no, they didn't mention Misty's Psyduck. I don't see why they should either, since it's not a terribly rare Pokémon =)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Another cookie cutter flller complete with one of the strangest Gio daydreams yet. Team Bagwork was funny though.

This is another epiode that doesn't stand out too much. Even with the human pinball scene. Psyduck who has been shown enough times for people to know it on sight is the guest star. Is it just me, or is Phanpy making up fr lost time in being the center of the episodes now.

G

Geki

I didn't like this episode that much, it was pretty boring. At least Ash got some training in with Phanpy though, it needs it since it was with Oak for a long time. I'm hoping next week's episode will be better. This episode also reminded me of ''Snubbull Snobbery'' a lot.

4/10

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Herrrmmm...why hasn't anyone said anything about the CHIMECHO Balloon?

That's the second time we've seen it in just a few episodes. Anyone thinking TR is maybe going to take down Ol' Meowthy? God knows how many times they've had to mend the damn thing :p And the Chimecho Balloon is so CUTE ^0^!

Anywhays, haven't seen the episode yet, so I only have pictures to work with. Looks pretty decent though. The Psyduck in this epi is unbelievably cute at times. Something [IMO] we've never seen in Misty's Psyduck...I guess it was too busy being dumb to be cute.

JazzJazz

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Herrrmmm...why hasn't anyone said anything about the CHIMECHO Balloon?

That's the second time we've seen it in just a few episodes. Anyone thinking TR is maybe going to take down Ol' Meowthy? God knows how many times they've had to mend the damn thing :p And the Chimecho Balloon is so CUTE ^0^!

Haven't we seen them in a wobbuffet balloon a couple of times as well? I'm sure that we'll see them revert to the old meowth number as they have before.

Thriller

Its almost time
Saw Pics time for comments

-Okay What was this girl doing with a Machop, Machoke and a Machamp? Thats like with Misty and her Star's which is why they shel'ved one of them. But meh, this was just a filler character that was written off the same moment she was thought of.

-Psyduck and Phanpy somewhere in page 3 (in SPP pics) is so adorable. They were hugging and everything.

-On the topic of it I was amazed at the screentime Phanpy had, it was even joining the gang in a meal. I sure wish they'd do things like that more often, I mean, do the Pokemon HAVE to be in the Pokeballs all the time? *Looks at Pikachu*

-The more I see these retarded "Boss Dreams" Meowth has, the more I want to give him a Cat scan (no pun intended). Whats next? The Boss has insomnia and he eats a Mushroom off a Paras TR stole for hm, knocking him out?

Overall-Ok, better then what I thought it would be.

Geodude

Retro Runpapa said:
-Okay What was this girl doing with a Machop, Machoke and a Machamp? Thats like with Misty and her Star's which is why they shel'ved one of them. But meh, this was just a filler character that was written off the same moment she was thought of.
She's quite rich, and I'm guessing those Fighters were given to her, probably by her parents. (Someone who knows more Japanese will have to confirm/clarify this.) In any case, she certainly didn't work with them since they were all young Machop, as most trainers would, because she was very distant with her Pokemon, which is what the Psyduck in this ep had a problem with. She knew what attacks they could use and was capable of using them in battle, she just rarely/never was actually there with them. She had to be taught how to work and play directly with her Pokemon, and learned how much joy that could bring to both of them. I liked how Max helped her along with suggesting attacks and stuff.

I was also impressed that Phanpy bravely stood up to that Machop/choke/champ, all at once.