• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SJWs and Extreme Feminism

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
What's your point though? Isn't that equally a problem for feminists who want to change or ban certain words? Actually, even the definition of feminism is pretty disputed socially. Are you telling them to give up?

I'm saying people who complain about the name more instead of actually doing something productive are some of equality's worst enemies.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
No offense, but this "red pill" thing sounds like a terrible excuse to say awful stuff, and not instantly get thown the **** out of the web-site instantly. It honestly comes as a bunch of burned dudes being bitter.

^Pretty much this.

I stopped reading after you defended "All lives matter" Seriously, if you can't get why that's offensive and completely detracting from the original message behind black lives matter, you're being hella obstinate.

I'll add more to this later, off to get some drinks.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
I'm saying people who complain about the name more instead of actually doing something productive are some of equality's worst enemies.
...So with the same logic, feminists who complain about semantics are equality's worst enemies, then?

Then you've got the red pill, which is what I like to call myself. Red-pilled or politically incorrect means you accept the uncomfortable truth about the world, but you intend on trying to shape a better one as well. However, the difference is that blue-pilled people often call out the red-pilled with buzzwords like racist, fascist, homophobic or anti-semitic. Now it is a different debate entirely, but unfortunately for most promoting anti-racism and accepting multiculturalism isn't the way to go. But again, that's a different debate.

by chance do you browse /pol/ and actually take the stuff they say there seriously

bobjr

Staff member
...So with the same logic, feminists who complain about semantics are equality's worst enemies, then?

No, because they're reacting to the "I'm not a feminist, I'm for gender equality" people who are starting the damn thing.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
No, because they're reacting to the "I'm not a feminist, I'm for gender equality" people who are starting the damn thing.
There would be no need to discuss feminist definitions if they hadn't set them up in the first place, so the causal chain goes back there. You can't deny being a feminist before the term has been invented, for crying out loud.

But more importantly, you can't have the stance that semantics is irrelevant while insisting that everyone use your definitions, which is semantics by definition. It's just ridiculous.

In case you haven't noticed, much of what the feminist movement does involves semantics. They analyze power structures or literally want to ban specific words. There are examples in this very thread. So either they are "enemies of equality," as you call it, or you are invoking special pleading.

If you are seriously advocating red pill "philosophy" then you need to get off these forums because they believe some seriously ****ed up things. reddit.com/r/thebluepill is a satire sub that details a lot of their drivel so you can see for yourself what garbage gets posted in redpill areas. Highly nsfw content in the link obviously

So you're telling me I need to get off these forums because I just so happen to hold these entrenched views which, oh I'm sorry, 99% of the forum isn't going to agree with them. Well too bad. Seeing how your username is blue, I just want to say I will be speaking my mind in all truth and honesty, because I strongly believe in the concept of free speech and this is not a communist state.

So... somehow not agreeing with racism and accepting people for who they are is... bad?

It really depends on how you define racism. Or to be more precise, how you use the term. I will agree that uncalled racism is dumb - you don't disregard someone for who they are for no reason. But, at the same time, it's about what they do, not who they are. Unfortunately however, who they are tends to be the backbone of what they do. And trust me, there is far more to racism than just skin colour or ethnicity alone. In fact, that applies to sexism as well, considering the current topic.

And "pro-semetic"? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Well if you think of anti-semitism and reverse it, it's basically that.

I haven't seen a whole lot of "Yeah Jewish people are the best!"

Not in that context, no. Though you will have people tolerating and paying respects to said Jewish people thanks to their oppressive history and the holocaust.

Or is this one of those "The Jews control everything!" things. If it is there's no need to reply. I'm not debating conspiracy theories.

Your call, but zionists make up quite a chunk of mass media's biggest corporation CEO's and managers. I'm too tired to go fetch any actual evidence, but I will leave it at this: how nations die.

When is not adopting racism and actually accepting people not the way to go?

It is up to the people whether they want to adopt racism or not. But you'll find that most of the time, if you think at it from a logical point of view, the truth is racist. The red pilled only put this forward and nothing more.

You're edging towards simply confirming BritishLanguage's post.

And what's wrong with that? I explained what political correctness is to you and so did he, which is why I said at the beginning, "Like BritishLanguage's post" (in the "what he said" context, that is)

Giving yourself some sort of weird The Matrix analogy isnt helping either.

It is the simplest way to organize two ideologies into two sides, and it works pretty damn well.

But you are right that this isn't exactly the debate for this topic(it isn't very far off either).

Well, I don't really see the point in making another thread (and to be honest I don't think I could) so I thought I'd take the chance to express myself like I've been wanting to for a while.

Yeah... I just looked into this and did a google search resulting in me coming upon redpillphilosophy.com. That's a bunch of nope.

Again, it's your call, but are you really going to form your opinion on red pill ideology from reading a single person's blog? There are varying levels of it, and it also applies to the blue pill.

It's 2AM after finishing this post, I'll respond to everyone else when I get the time.

Last edited:

Abstinence Pistols

tips fedora

Hahahahahaha holy sh it this thread is going places

I am not even going to try to pick apart this whole appalling mess but here are some particular gems:

It really depends on how you define racism. Or to be more precise, how you use the term. I will agree that uncalled racism is dumb - you don't disregard someone for who they are for no reason. But, at the same time, it's about what they do, not who they are. Unfortunately however, who they are tends to be the backbone of what they do. And trust me, there is far more to racism than just skin colour or ethnicity alone. In fact, that applies to sexism as well, considering the current topic.
This belief is literally the definition of racism.

Your call, but zionists make up quite a chunk of mass media's biggest corporation CEO's and managers. I'm too tired to go fetch any actual evidence, but I will leave it at this: how nations die.

You know who else makes up quite a chunk of mass media's biggest corporation CEO's and managers?
Men.

You know who have been significantly responsible and in fact hold pretty much 100 percent of the blame (barring the city of Troy) for the fall of literally every empire in history?
Men.

You know who, by your own logic, is responsible for taking over and destroying nations and who we should really be discriminating against?
Men.

It is up to the people whether they want to adopt racism or not. But you'll find that most of the time, if you think at it from a logical point of view, the truth is racist. The red pilled only put this forward and nothing more.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Well, I don't really see the point in making another thread (and to be honest I don't think I could) so I thought I'd take the chance to express myself like I've been wanting to for a while.
So by your own admission this is a stupid place to have this discussion and you just came in here to wave your ideology in everyone's face and let us all come attack you for it? Fine with me.

Again, it's your call, but are you really going to form your opinion on red pill ideology from reading a single person's blog? There are varying levels of it, and it also applies to the blue pill.
There was an album of quotes and an entire subreddit dedicated to pointing out everything wrong with the TRP ideology and why you should not follow it last page.

I just can't even wrap my head around most of this.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
So you're telling me I need to get off these forums because I just so happen to hold these entrenched views which, oh I'm sorry, 99% of the forum isn't going to agree with them. Well too bad. Seeing how your username is blue, I just want to say I will be speaking my mind in all truth and honesty, because I strongly believe in the concept of free speech and this is not a communist state.

lmfao first of all apparently you don't know what communist even means because communism and freedom of speech are not mutually exclusive. second of all freedom of speech only protects you from government actions, if serebii wanted to he could ban you from these forums forever just because he didn't like your username. not that it happens, we do have good reasons for bans/deleting posts/etc, but nobody has a RIGHT to be here or to say anything they want here, it's a privilege that can be taken away.

we have rules set up and sexism is against the rules. redpill "philosophy" is sexist garbage and arguing for any of their beliefs isn't something that's going to be tolerated here. anyone who thinks women are literally children who should be subservient to their man at all times needs to get out in the real world a little bit to get a reality check rofl

John Madden

resident policy guy

today I learned: the Serebii.net Forums are an institution of the United States federal government and any infractions of forums user Green Blockhead are therefore an infringement of his man-given First Amendment rights

phanpycross

God-king
Not in that context, no. Though you will have people tolerating and paying respects to said Jewish people thanks to their oppressive history and the holocaust.

Yeah, those lucky jews, just because their families were slaughtered by a madman 70 years ago, they think they can just walk around without getting spit upon.

Entitled pricks......

seriously tho, I didnt think human beings could unironically believe stuff like that.

first of all apparently you don't know what communist even means because communism and freedom of speech are not mutually exclusive.

The far left and the far right are two completely opposite ideologies, but they have one thing in common - they both threw people in jail or killed them for disagreeing with their views. You infracting me for expressing my opinion is kind of in the same basic category (though obviously not nearly as significant as the aforementioned) - you responded to words with an action. Can't say I didn't expect at least some repercussion though, and I'm always willing to just watch **** fly.

second of all freedom of speech only protects you from government actions, if serebii wanted to he could ban you from these forums forever just because he didn't like your username. not that it happens, we do have good reasons for bans/deleting posts/etc, but nobody has a RIGHT to be here or to say anything they want here, it's a privilege that can be taken away.

I didn't specifically say you weren't allowed to ban / delete / infract, if that's how you want to respond against a piece of text then it's your choice. I just think it's incredibly stupid and I do think you could debate without having to resort to do that.

anyone who thinks women are literally children who should be subservient to their man at all times needs to get out in the real world a little bit to get a reality check

Are you implying that I ever said this? Because I don't recall doing so.

The uncomfortable truth that most people don't think it's okay to say overtly offensive or discriminatory things in public? Wow our civilization is truly built on a bed of lies and deceit

That isn't what I meant. I'm talking about most people being ignorant to statistics - such as many CEOs and bosses in charge of many of mass media's biggest corporations being either Jewish or Zionist. (I understand there aren't any link sources for this one, but I've tried a handful of names from that list and it does seem so) They can decide whether to accept it or not, and most don't because they are afraid of being branded racist or anti-semitic, which can be problematic.

I think I need you to enlighten me and show me the error of my blue-pilled ways because to be honest all I am getting out of this is "I am a part of a community dedicated to shaping a better society where we can say as many horrible and offensive things as we can and still be accepted in society".

See above.

Also in general if that many people call you homophobic or racist on a regular basis, they are most likely not the problem.

You shouldn't be afraid of being branded racist or homophobic. It's just one of those things where I say "And?"

Oh no people are saying / doing bad things! Everyone duck into the sand!

You know who else makes up quite a chunk of mass media's biggest corporation CEO's and managers?
Men.

You know who have been significantly responsible and in fact hold pretty much 100 percent of the blame (barring the city of Troy) for the fall of literally every empire in history?
Men.

You know who, by your own logic, is responsible for taking over and destroying nations and who we should really be discriminating against?
Men.

So now you're blaming and making generalizations against men for everything wrong with the world? I could have just reported your post for being sexist (though I am curious to see how it would be handled seeing how you're generalizing men exactly like how some have generalized women), but I'm gonna just throw another two cents:

You know who invented and achieved some of mankind's greatest things, like medicine and science?
Men.

You know who fought (and for the most part still are fighting) using every last living fibre of themselves during wars and sacrificed themselves so you could live in a free, democratic society?
Men.

It's also amusing in a really stupid way that the thread has somehow gone from "is banning the use of the word freshman ridiculous" to literal redpillers weighing in with their philosophy and people claiming men are more frequent victims of rape.

I don't deny that women are the more frequent victims of rape, and I accept that. However there is far more to it than just saying "Men are the problem." You should at least try to narrow it down to "Black/White/Yellow/Green/Blue/Red/Purple men are the problem"

It's taking me a lot to not just hurl insults your way.

What's stopping you? If I were afraid of being hurled with insults then I wouldn't be expressing my opinion in the first place.

See, here I was, going to dissect and counter your post, but you have literally implied that it is sometimes for the better to not be tolerant of certain people over, basically, accidents of birth.

Where's this accidents of birth thing coming from? I thought this topic was about SJWs and extreme feminism, not abortion.

Of course, you didn't even defend that stance. Which is kind of a shame. I would love to see you try that.

And just what "stance" are you on about? If I missed something do point me towards it.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
The far left and the far right are two completely opposite ideologies, but they have one thing in common - they both threw people in jail or killed them for disagreeing with their views.
Yes, some "communist" countries who were really only communist in name and didn't follow the actual principles did that. That doesn't mean that being communist means no free speech on principle. Communism has nothing to do with free speech and it makes you look ridiculous and hyperbolic mentioning it.

You infracting me for expressing my opinion is kind of in the same basic category (though obviously not nearly as significant as the aforementioned) - you responded to words with an action. Can't say I didn't expect at least some repercussion though, and I'm always willing to just watch **** fly.
Except these forums are a privately owned space, not a government. We have zero obligation to give you (or anyone else) a platform to spew hatred.

I didn't specifically say you weren't allowed to ban / delete / infract, if that's how you want to respond against a piece of text then it's your choice. I just think it's incredibly stupid and I do think you could debate without having to resort to do that.
We don't "resort" to enforcing the rules, that is what our jobs as staff members are. Sexism and racism are against the rules, therefore we are obligated to respond to it with infractions and bans.

Are you implying that I ever said this? Because I don't recall doing so.
That is exactly what your garbage red pill "philosophy" states. The quote album someone else posted in this thread has many great examples.

bobjr

Staff member
You know who forced women to cook and clean and have kids so they could do all the fun stuff in the past? Men.

Yes, some "communist" countries who were really only communist in name and didn't follow the actual principles did that.

Good, that's all I needed to hear.

Except these forums are a privately owned space, not a government. We have zero obligation to give you (or anyone else) a platform to spew hatred.

Fair enough. Though I do feel sorry for you and perhaps Abstinence Pistols who by the looks of it haven't ever really met someone who isn't as liberal as everyone else on the street.

I will say however that I didn't intend to "spew" hatred. My only intention was to present a few statistics with little input of my own. Not to promote hate - to prove my philosophies. Even the most liberal of people could be shown some of those statistics, and they'd still choose not to have their opinions changed or swayed by them, which is perfectly fine by me, because if I were shown something that could potentially sway my opinion, it wouldn't make a scrap 'a difference. If they want to watch the world degenerate then by all means let them.

We don't "resort" to enforcing the rules, that is what our jobs as staff members are. Sexism and racism are against the rules, therefore we are obligated to respond to it with infractions and bans.

I'm not entirely sure how you can allow debate topics like this and outlaw racism and sexism at the same time. Someone's bound to **** up somewhere, right?

That is exactly what your garbage red pill "philosophy" states. The quote album someone else posted in this thread has many great examples.

by chance do you browse /pol/ and actually take the stuff they say there seriously

Alright, yes I do. Putting aside the current cluster**** it's going through right now, most threads posted there have a link to back it up, and they do take their sweet time proving the philosophies they have. I'm not part of the mainstream, I like niche things.

And as a /pol/ster it's only natural for me to just say >reddit and disregard it entirely as it's simply mainstream, and anything mainstream is almost sure to be influenced by liberals.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
The problem is red pill stuff is seen as so hateful and sexist now that someone trying to push that just looks bad on the person.

Peter Quill

star-lord
You shouldn't be afraid of being branded racist or homophobic. It's just one of those things where I say "And?"

[IMG139]http://media.tumblr.com/f49597c475958377de08a50a33f224b1/tumblr_inline_nexq7yXvim1qm6c3m.jpg[/IMG139]

Really? Where the hell do you get off on not even taking the prejudice against gay people like myself seriously? I'm really curious as to how you think you're above criticism and attempting to change yourself after being called out on being a terrible human being. Enlighten me.

Last edited:

CanadianGuyEh

You know who forced women to cook and clean and have kids so they could do all the fun stuff in the past? Men.

And that was then. As of the recent few decades now, men do a lot of cooking and may i add even cleaning.
Society has changed, adapted from the those days.

A lot of men like to cook.

---------------

Whenever i see or hear a woman say i'm a Feminist because [insert weak argument/reasoning here], i shake my head in pity and disappointment.

Furthermore, it's always good to look up into the history and actual research on Feminist Theory before even becoming a feminist. It helps your case on why you are one.

I just find it silly that the whole "If you are for women's rights, you're a feminist" phrase so condescending.

As for myself, i'm an Egalitarian.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
And that was then. As of the recent few decades now, men do a lot of cooking and may i add even cleaning.
Society has changed, adapted from the those days.

A lot of men like to cook.

---------------

Whenever i see or hear a woman say i'm a Feminist because [insert weak argument/reasoning here], i shake my head in pity and disappointment.

Furthermore, it's always good to look up into the history and actual research on Feminist Theory before even becoming a feminist. It helps your case on why you are one.

I just find it silly that the whole "If you are for women's rights, you're a feminist" phrase so condescending.

As for myself, i'm an Egalitarian.

Well yeah, because Feminism is for equal rights, and using different words to sound above it all just makes you look like a pretentious asshole who wants to sound smart instead of someone who wants to do something about it. That's like being mad that someone is calling you a vegetarian if you say you don't eat any meat.