1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by LDSman, Apr 24, 2013.

1. LDSman

LDSman Banned

I picked up another copy of SA:L. Fun game. Can't wait till I have my uber pirate ship! Anybody else play it?

2. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

I own it but I have still yet to play it as I have a huge back log of unplayed Video Games. ;_;

3. LDSman

LDSman Banned

I wish there was a sequel.

4. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

I hear lots of good things about this game, and I really want to play it, but it's too expensive. I'll wait until they decide to release it on Wii U VC or something.

5. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

Bump it up the list. It's one of the best video games.

And yeah, it sucks how ridiculously expensive it is. I got it at a Gamestop a few years ago for, I think, $15. Hopefully it does get released on VC.

That said, it's not a game that most people are going to play constantly, once they've beaten it once or twice. Not sure how long this thread can last, or how much discussion it'll have. :x

6. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Nope. I remember when it was new, it looked cool, but I never ended up getting it. 50 dollars is a lot for a 13 year old and I never actually saw it at any store. I missed out on a lot of cool stuff for the gamecube, but not getting this one was particularly bad since it was one of the few JRPG's the system would get.

7. LDSman

LDSman Banned

I paid $40 on ebay. Not too bad compared to other games.

8. Chris

Chris Old Coot

More likely to hit the PS3, 360 and Steam than the Wii U as a Dreamcast HD port.

9. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

What makes you think that? It doesn't affect me because I can still get it either way, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that.

10. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Frick.

I loved this game so much that words fail me. It was my second favorite RPG (behind FF6) until Xenoblade Chronicles eventually knocked it down a notch. But as far as TBC RPGs go, it's right up there for me.

It's just got so much content. A solid length, tons of exploration and side content, optional superbosses who are genuinely challenging, and lots of stuff to find. Plus, I loved the Spirit Point and Super Move battle system; you could spam super moves with reckless abandon, even in normal battles. I don't mind telling you that my biggest turnoff in an RPG is feeling like you have to conserve your special attacks because you're saving them for a boss or something. So I loved just being able to spam Lambda burst on generic enemies, or throw out a Cutlass Fury on a bulkier enemy just because I can.

Such a good game.

11. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Because it was originally a Dreamcast game and there's yet to be any word from Sega about porting their Dreamcast games to Wii U?

12. LDSman

LDSman Banned

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013