• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Skill Swap Team

JohnBurgundy

So I got a Victini recently and wanted to put together a Skill Swap team. If we still had DS wifi I'd be able to put skill swap directly on it, but since we don't I will need a Skill Swapper. These are for triple battles. Before I go into the details of each pokemon, I'd like to give an overview of how the team is intended to run. Keep in mind, it's very gimmicky and largely based around Victini.

Turn 1:
Blaziken-Swords Dance / Geninja-Mat Block / Shuckle-Shell Smash
Turn 2:
Blaziken-Protect / Greninja-U-Turn / Shuckle-Shell Smash
(switch to Blissey)
Turn 3:
Blaziken-Baton Pass / Blissey-Skill Swap / Shuckle Guard Split
(Switch to Victini) (with Shuckle) (with Blissey)
Turn 4:
Victini-???? / Blissey-Skill Swap / Shuckle-Toxic/Rest/Pwr Split
(with Victini)
Turn 5:
Victini-V Create / Blissey-Swagger / Shuckle-Toxic/Rest/Pwr Split
(on Victini w/ Persim)

From here it's just kind of play it by ear. When Victini comes out it will be at +2 Speed/ +2 Attack at the start of turn 4. Once it gets Contrary, it used V Create on turn 5. This will raise it's defense, special defense and speed each +1. A swagger from Blissey will add another +2 to it's attack. So now not only does it have a +4 STAB V Create to use, it also has 200 base power STAB Stored Power. This pretty much allows it to take out anything in it's way. Another V Create will simply raise it's Stored Power to 260bp. Also with those defensive boosts bringing it's base defense to 200 after 2 V Creates, it will be pretty hard to kill. Especially with Blissey healing it with Heal Pulse. Taking out Blissey will be a tough task on its own with a Guard Split from a +1/+1 Shuckle. So now we have this rampaging pyrokinetic rat with it's big pink egg shaped friend keeping it alive. If that wasn't bad enough, you got a pesky Shuckle, still rocking a high defense and crippling eneimies with Power Split or Toxic. The whole team still has an increased accuracy from Victory Star and chance to heal from Shuckle's Healer. The foe is faced with the tough decision of trying to take out the defense boosted sweeper or go after it's healing source first(like Halo 4 lol). Then even if they get passed the 2 walls and the Victini, there is still a Speed Boosting Blaziken, Protean Greninja and 6th pokemon to account for.

So far here is what I am trying to build for the team:

Blissey - Leftovers
Healer
252HP/252Def/4Spd
-Swagger
-Skill Swap
-Heal Pulse
-Soft Boiled/Seismic Toss

Pretty much already explained this one. The Soft Boiled would be to keep it alive which would keep Victini alive. But Seismic Toss for Taunts.

Victini - Persim Berry
Victory Star
252 HP/128 Def/ 128 SDef
- V Create
- Stored Power
-
-

Not sure about the last couple. I was considering Rest in case Blissey goes down. But with it's only weakness being fighting and having a +2 speed boosted Physic-type with a massive attack sitting at it's side, Blissey will likely be able to heal the entire fight. Maybe quick guard for Sucker Punchers. Usually if there is a known Sucker Puncher I will take the opportunity to use set up moves.

Shuckle - Shell Bell
Contrary
252 Def/252 SDef/4 HP
-Shell Smash
-Guard Split
-Power Split/Toxic
-Rest

Shuckle is a pretty solid wall after some Shell Smashes. Although it won't be as durable as usual after the Guard Split with Blissey, it will still be able to hold it's own. I think I may even give it both Power Split and Toxic instead of Rest, since Blissey can heal it. That way it just halves the opponents defenses with Guard Split and Badly poisons them. It becomes a race against the clock to take out the rampaging Victini and it's partner Blissey.

Blaziken - Blazikenite
Speed Boost
252 Attack/252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Flare Blitz

Blazikenite is just in case it's "morphing time" The rest is to BP boosts off to Victini. Flare Blitz in case it has to fight.

Greninja - ???
Protean
252Speed/???/???
-U Turn
-Mat Block
-
-

Don't really know what to put on it. It's mainly here just for the free Mat Block turn. Other than that it U-Turns to Blissey to get swappin'.

I don't know who to use as the final member of the team. I feel Blaziken and Greninja are pretty good offensive players that can throw out some solid shots, while I have my 2 defensive players out there keeping the team safe, and my 1 massively powerful sweeper. It's pretty much built like a basketball team. Not sure what all else it would need. I guess type coverage would be nice. But quite frankly anything that resists one of Victini's attacks won't resist the other, as far as I'm aware. I thought about maybe using something with a neat ability. Slaking comes to mind, but I don't want that many weaknesses to fighting and Blissey needs to be able to heal the team, not loaf around. I even thought about an Eviolite Chansey just to troll them lol. A grass would be able to handle some of the weaknesses to Victini. A Prankster Liepar would be pretty nice too, especially if it gives Blissey priority healing.