• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Skipping Gyms

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
As some people have done in DP, they've skipped the third gym and went right to the fourth.
I'm doing it now in LG, skipping Lt. Surge and going after Erika first.

I wanna see if you do it if it'd actually show up with the gym before or not.

btw
Team consists of:
Pikachu - Blitzkrieg
Pidgeotto - Raptor
Wartortle - ShellShock
Butterfree - Flutter

All lv31

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Actually, I've done what you are going to do. I beat Lt.Surge though. I accidently skipped Koga(Is it Koga? The poison master?) and went right for Erika cuz i thought i had to and when i saw the badge on the Trainer Card, i was like whoops! i missed koga! lol.

I skip gyms all the time. In FR/LG, you can skip Surge, Erika and Sabrina, and still battle Blaine. I like to do this to gain quick access to the Sevii Isles and also get my fossil revived.

Cool thing is, in the original R/B/Y, you can also skip Brock due to a glitch in the game.

Actually, I've done what you are going to do. I beat Lt.Surge though. I accidently skipped Koga(Is it Koga? The poison master?) and went right for Erika cuz i thought i had to and when i saw the badge on the Trainer Card, i was like whoops! i missed koga! lol.

...You fight Erika before Koga >_>

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I've skipped Gyms more than once.

On my first trip through Gold, I went all the way across the sea to Cherrygrove to get Amphy's meds, came back the same way and battled Jasmine before I figured out that I still had to fight Chuck, so I had to surf back over there AGAIN. Turns out that if I had done it right, I only would've had to cross the sea once.

I don't know if I did a few of the Kanto gyms in the right order on FR, but then again, the order kinda gets fuzzy for the middle four gyms.

burninator59 said:
how can you skip him??? that would make a lot of things go faster. i hate training to fight brock

Here it is... Its only for R/ B/ Y though, not FR/ LG...

Glitch City Laboratories said:
Step One: Open the start menu and move the arrow to "SAVE", then exit the menu by pressing B.

Step Two: Go to the boy and make him talk.

Step Three: Once he says "Follow me!", press B to end the conversation and immediately press the start button.

Step Four: Then save your game. If you don't reset you will walk to the gym alone.

Step Five: Restart the game.

Step Six: The boy will disappear, walk in from the left, then begin talking again.

Step Seven: He will still insist on taking you to the gym, but will walk there oddly.

Step Eight: Go back to the entrance to route three, and walk directly across the top spot where the boy used to be standing.

Step Nine: Done, your on your way and you don't need that badge.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
I ended up skipping all teh way to Koga right after misty. xD
I had to do the whole Cipher thing to get Fuji and his pokeflute to move snorlax, but then it was home free.

I had to do the whole Cipher thing to get Fuji and his pokeflute to move snorlax, but then it was home free.

While not 'technically' skipping a gym, you can bypass the GameCorner. By using a Pokedoll on Marowak's ghost, you are able to get past it, even without a Silph Scope - Just thought that I should point that out.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Someone (I think [Ampharos]) asked what would happen if you skipped a gym, would the badges order get changed, like skipping Koga for Sabrina, so your badges would go

Boulder>Cascade>Thunder>Rainbow>Marsh>Soul>Volcano>Earth

I tried that but instead it left a space between Rainbow and Marsh:

Boulder>Cascade>Thunder>Rainbow> >Marsh

Ammako

No, it's only in Red/Blue/Yellow that you can skip the Game Corner because they didn't think that players could use a Poké Doll at the moment they programmed it.. So they didn't really program it to not be able to use PokéDoll.

UberTails

pokehmawn apeerd. :P
I skipped Koga and beat the Cinnabar Island gym leader and Viridian City gym. Then, when I went to the Elite Four... Whoops! Strangely, they let me in Victory Road though. Also, I was playing on FR.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I skipped Koga and beat the Cinnabar Island gym leader and Viridian City gym. Then, when I went to the Elite Four... Whoops! Strangely, they let me in Victory Road though. Also, I was playing on FR.

Thats impossible. How did you Surf to Cinnibar without the badge that let you Surf? You probably forgot about beating Koga.....

Even May is confused, LOL

Last edited:

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Yes, I skip gyms, but only in Blue, Red, and its remakes. I always skip Erika and Sabrina.

Back then, I skip Erika because I thought that Fire Pokemon were the only ones who can beat Grass-Types. I also wanted to beat her using Ponyta/Rapidash only, so I had to wait until I got to Cinnabar Island until I catch one. Kinda noobish, wouldn't you say? Now, I skip her because of a force of habit...

Addie

(•✖•)
I always skip Surge, mostly on accident. I've only bothered playing through those games to get to Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, and Mewtwo.

The Flash

I like shorts!
i started skipping surge recently so i can get the eevee sooner. i'm gonna see how many gyms i can skip before they are a necessity to continue in the game.

The Flash

I like shorts!
i started skipping surge recently so i can get the eevee sooner. i'm gonna see how many gyms i can skip before they are a necessity to continue in the game.