1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Challenge' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Sky High Gym Battle

It's time for Ash's 6th Gym Leader battle. And this time its a flying battle. 3 VS 3, Winona decides to use her Altaria, Pelipper & Swellow while Ash uses his Grovyle, Pikachu & Swellow. Will he win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

This episode was intresting...espically how well Groyvle did...and then how EXCELLENT Swellow had done...

3. This episode was brilliant! Totally awesome battle, Winona's Swellow was strong!
    I wonder why she never used her Skarmory in this battle aswell.

4. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

Yea...winnona has a Strong Swellow, espically since it was a Shiny..but i like how a normal swellow looks compared to the shiny one...

5. Winona's Swellow didn't sparkle when it came out of it's Pokeball but Ash's Noctowl always used to when it was on his team.

6. Episode was nice. Winona is so adorable :) She has a very nice personality and nice voice. Honestly, I think, she is more interesting than popular Flannery. What a pity, we can`t see her hair.

A fight between Ash and Winona was fine, only I don`t understand, how Grovyle could beat Altaria. Altaria is a flying/dragon and it lost so quickly :( Its strange, that Ash`s pokemon have great Defence and GL`s pokemon are weak.

7. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

I think this Gym Battle is my favorite one (Yes, including Kanto and Johto battles).
    The animation was great, all characters and Pokémon looked awesome (especially Grovyle). Winona was a really good Gym Leader - the strategy with Steel Wing as a defense for Thunderbolt was pretty neat^^.

I can't really choose which round my favorite was - Grovyle vs. Altaria or Swellow vs. Swellow... Meh, they were both great!
    And of course - the music was good as always, I like it that they often use the Pokémon Heroes BGMs for Gym Battles.

8. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Not a fan of the name though...unfortunately I can't come up with anything better.

9. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

This was truly one of the best gym battles ever - right up there with the Katsura rematch. Part of what makes it so great is the excellent animation. Too bad more important battles couldn't have animation this good.

That and Nagi is totally awesome. She's so beautiful, elegant, and graceful. :3

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  10. frednmethod

frednmethod Banned

Yeah, this episode was great.

Some people complain that the episode contained too much one hit KOs, but this doesn't battle me at all. In fact, it shows that flying pokemon are pokemon with weak defenses but good offensive strength and speed to make up for it, like in the games.

Grovyle vs Altaria was the best for me, now who doesn't love to see Grovyle slash its leaf blades at an enemy about sixty feet in the air and smash them onto the ground for quick and effective KO?

11. Geki

Geki Guest

Great episode, I loved this gym battle. Grovyle took out Altaria, I was surprised since it also had a weakness to Altaria. Swellow was really good too, however, I was disappointed in Pikachu who lost to Pelipper. Pikachu had a 4x advantage over Pelipper. Overall, a great battle and episode. I give it 9/10.

And good job for naming Winona's assistant Zachary, it's my name except people call me Zack.

12. Ash XD

Ash XD Guest

Please someone create a thread of Catch Snorunt!!!!!! I DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO DO ONE!

13. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

I just saw on Kid's WB that this will play next week! woohoo!!!

14. Waveblaster

Waveblaster Guest

I know, I thought it was this week and woke up at 9:00am so I could see it at 10:00am but then it was just a rerun. Only one more week and BTW Grovyle is proven to be really fast in this battle. Goes to show people Ash is now specializing in spped instead of power...

15. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

=O

(note: that is the last time you'll see me using that!)

Ah man, it was even more beautiful in person! Swellow vs. Swellow is indeed in the top tier for greatest battles. They even kept the 5th movie music! That MADE the battle.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Teh Shiny Swellow!!!111!1

I see Team Ota did the animation for this episode, everything was fluid and easy to watch. Everything right down to the eyelashes on May's eyes, Team Ota IS the best animation studio who do episodes.

May was just so pretty in this episode, Winona too. I LOVE the way these guys draw women, they looked really sexy. :x

Too bad these guys don't do every episode, Ash and May look much older in this animation style, and Winona had some pretty nice shots herself. Anyone notice the awesome camera angles? The bird and worm eyes view of the battle were great.

TEAM OTA FOR ACADEMY AWARD! HIRE THESE GUYS FOR EVERY EPISODE!

17. £añkaÑ

£añkaÑ ~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~

Well...i'd say this as one of the best of the hoenns i've seen..as i can't choose which as the best..

but it was a great battle with GREAT STRATGEY...

i wonder...does that move Steel Wing stratgey work in the games? lol...i really liked to know...:D

well...i rate this ep... 9.6/10 :D

18. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

One thing's for sure: they sure do love drawing Grovyle.

Can you say, EXAGGERATIONS!?

19. Geki

Geki Guest

Great Gym Battle, possibly the best so far in Hoenn. Grovyle was really great, I was surprised how it could match up against powerful flying types. I expected Pikachu to lose against Pelipper since Pikachu has so low defense. Pikachu did do good though, it's Thunderbolt was cool looking especially when TR was next to it when it was using Thunderbolt. Swellow VS Swellow was awesome as well, it reminds me of my Swellow in Emerald since it had Hyper Beam, the best move for a Swellow. It's STAB and is 150 power, what could be better? TR was funny with the Itemfinder. XD

Overall I give it a 10/10

20. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

dis episode was kool with Winona's Swellow.......... it was a great battle......... ^_^