• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sky High Gym Battle! (361)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, I found Winona's Pelipper's battle with Pikachu to be so unrealistic. The whole rerouting Pikachu's Thunderbolt to the ground with Steel Wing strategy was ridiculous in my view; it still should've taken more damage in my opinion. Also, seeing Pikachu get knocked out by Pelipper's Hydro Pump made me cackle with rage.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Looking back, I found Winona's Pelipper's battle with Pikachu to be so unrealistic. The whole rerouting Pikachu's Thunderbolt to the ground with Steel Wing strategy was ridiculous in my view; it still should've taken more damage in my opinion. Also, seeing Pikachu get knocked out by Pelipper's Hydro Pump made me cackle with rage.
Au Contraire, I found it to be one of the most innovative things the anime has ever done in regards to negating type disadvantages. Plus it makes sense, Iron conducts electricity and Ground negates it so by using the Steel Wing to redirect it into the Ground, the Thunderbolt is negated. Pikachu only got KOd by Hydro Pump because he took massive amounts of damage from it before he could even actually get an attack in.

Wasn't expecting to see Winonna send out a shiny Swellow.
Awesome that we got an epic Swellow versus Swellow battle. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Au Contraire, I found it to be one of the most innovative things the anime has ever done in regards to negating type disadvantages. Plus it makes sense, Iron conducts electricity and Ground negates it so by using the Steel Wing to redirect it into the Ground, the Thunderbolt is negated. Pikachu only got KOd by Hydro Pump because he took massive amounts of damage from it before he could even actually get an attack in.

I just found Winona's strategy with Pelipper to be too convenient and I don't even think that the writers put much thought into the physics involved. Also, maybe I'm a bit naive, but I simply thought that Pikachu should've won that battle regardless based on type advantage alone. This was one of the few Gyms where I wanted him to shine. :x

The shiny Swellow was cool to see. Wish it would have sparkled out of the Pokeball. Ash pulled it out again :)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Didn't really like the Gym Battle.Grovyle vs Altaria was cheap and rushed(seriously,couldn't the writers have Grovyle learn Dragon Breath or Rock Tomb as opposed to spamming nothing but Grass-type attacks?).I liked the fact Winona owned a shiny Swellow,though,but that's about it.
4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee I liked how Jessie and James mistook the dowsing rods for dancing rods. :D Winona's Altaria losing to Grovyle was surprising and I was proud that Ash's Swellow defeated Winona's shiny one. ^^

Gillachu

Banned
Good Gym battle. Pelipper and Altaria did a decent job and the Shiny Swellow made me wish Ash had brought back his Shiny Noctowl.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Good Gym battle. Pelipper and Altaria did a decent job and the Shiny Swellow made me wish Ash had brought back his Shiny Noctowl.

I'm glad that Ash didn't recall his shiny Noctowl here cuz his Swellow needed the win more than him, plus Ash wanted to get through Hoenn with just his Hoenn team any ways.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, the only huge surprise in this battle was the appearance of Winona's Shiny Swellow. Overall, I was unimpressed with her team though and I thought she was one of the weakest Hoenn Gym Leaders.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My guess is that since we had seen Winona's Skarmory already, maybe the writing staff didn't think we needed to see it battle here. I'm ok with the decision any ways cuz Altaria and Pelipper deserved screentime more.

Not like it changed much since Winona's Shiny Swellow still outshone them all in the end. Other than Pelipper's trick with his wing, Winona's dreg Pokemon were meager.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the little prayer that Nagi did before she battled Satoshi, and I was proud of the way Juptile defeated her Tyltalis. Pelipper versus Pikachu ending in a draw was unexpected, but I was secretly glad that it ended that way so that we'd see Nagi's Shiny Ohsubame in action. The Hiwamaki Gym match was great overall.

Daizy

I call you honey
This Gym match was interesting, although the whole lightning rod strategy is beyond old. Also did anyone else catch Winona's mention of God at the beginning of the episode?

Leonhart

Imagineer
This Gym match was interesting, although the whole lightning rod strategy is beyond old.

Pelipper's tactic was good in the sense that we'd never seen a Flying-type resist an Electric-type attack by diverting the electrical current. It wasn't original in general, yet it was impressive.

Meh gym battle. Wow Grovyle one shots Altaria wtf? Now I think Grovyle deserves MVP. Swellow vs Swellow is awesome and I liked how Ash concealed Swellow in order to win. Shiny Swellow is cool as well.