1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Slaking Kong! (455)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Slaking Kong!

On their way to the Grand Festival at the Indigo Plateau, Ash & Co. come across a large group of Aipom, however the mischievous Aipom steal Ash's Hat and May's Ribbon Case and run off. However when they track down the Aipom, it turns out they worship a Giant Slaking who soon appears and kidnaps May. Can Ash & Co. rescue May from the Giant Slaking and get the Hat and Ribbon Case back in time for May to participate in the Grand Festival?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Wow, looks like a good filler. I wonder if the aipom is going to follow or is one of the characters going to catch it?

3. Roeno

Roeno Well-Known Member

aipom will have an important roll here, I think. Maybe it will be caught by one of the main characters or it may follow them, like jigglypuff did..

4. Serebii

People, please remember the rules of these discussions...please dont post until you've seen the ep, read the guide or seen the pictures. And Please don't post apologising either

5. Sorry to all of you believers but...

Ash did not catch Aipom., Neither did Brock or May.

So sad...really but funny for a filler.

6. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

Dang. So I was wrong about Slaking Kong being Ash's Frontier capture/Pyramid trump card too, then. I hope there was some kind of backstory to this.....

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Aipom returns after the GF though, so it's only a semi-filler. In any case, the King Kong parody had me interested since the getgo.

8. Chatsy

Chatsy Perverted Ash fan

The giant Slaking was merely a robot Team Rocket made to get food/sacrifices from the ape Pokémon, Aipom, Mankey, Vigoroth and regular Slaking respectively.

Ash gave up his beloved hat since the Aipom liked it so much, but go it back at the end of the episode plus a piece of fruit and a pink flower. Awwww~

When May fell, Ash sent out his Sceptile to save her.

For the Ash fangirls - Ash was hatless practically the entire episode except for a total of a few minutes from the start and the end.

9. FireHead Hank

FireHead Hank Matt Fanboy

Seen the pics.

I'm really impressed how real the robot Slaking looked...but the "real" average Slaking's looked a bit too small, I'm a little disapointed with that.

Nice filler, I really like the monkey Pokemon.

10. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

It does look like Aipom is following the group, so hopefully Ash wil get it.

11. Joe

Joe Lost Fan #4815162342

Ooh, that was cool. =D Swellow-fighter-plane = awesome.

Yeah, that's what I thought. They looked really tiny compared to the Normal Gym battle. They were only just bigger than the Vigoroth. 0o

12. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

Anyway I liked the screens, I can't wait to watch the episode and use footage from it for another fake trailer (GUESS which film trailer will be the audio). Oh and the Aipom in this episode is cool, I feel somewhat disapointed it wasn't caught but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  13. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

That screenie of Pikachu Volt Tackling Cacnea is pretty cool. Interesting the Slaking turned out to be a Mecha.

I'm not sure that I'm relieved about that or disappointed.

14. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

We can not only add King Kongo to the "Spoofed by Pokemon" list but also Scooby Doo. This screamed Scooby Doo rip off. Even the old man telling the story and then the mech to seal the deal.

15. Serebii

And they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Na, if it was Scooby Doo like then it would have been the old man controlling the Slaking

16. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

Though this is Pokemon. It doesn't have to be perect but it's still a ripoff.

Pika-pika-chu

17. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Seem the ep pics. Always a gd viewing!

Ash and Aipom looked 2 make a gd team when at the cliff base by the river.
    And the open ending of Aipom showing effection 2 Ash screams a possible "Follower" Pokemon like Jigglypuff or Snubble. However hopefully It will met up with Ash latter down the road and decided 2 join his team unlike the pass "follower" pokemon who just seemed 2 endlessy follow the mian characters, become very annoying them disappear.

I can see this Aipom following Ash 2 the end of the BF then get capture by him and become a strong team member with possible new evo in the D/P land.

18. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

Jessie really crossed the line this time by mocking May with her stolen ribbon case.

19. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

But Scooby-Doo? Not this time, Gadget!

I'm getting a little bored with Pokemon's animation. Yeah, I know what you're thinking guys, "Getting bored? Where have you been?" But it's high time they started to step up to the plate. Why do we have to put up with only one or two episodes with great animation? Let's see that the whole way through. Weekly basis or not, there's more to animation than walking, running, and mouth flaps. Heck, the gang must suffer from the worst case of pit sweat ever seen.

Next week's preview wasn't spectacular either. Things are so cut and dry.

20. Not forgetting the whole Mask Feasco, revealing that the old man is not the old man, but is a ****** off Harley!

But meh, this is a Ok looking filler. Aipom looks like it is following the group(and makes me want to use one in my team now, it looks so sweet! ^_^)