• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slaking Kong! (455)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So am I right in saying that Ash really didn't care if the Aipom kept his hat? He seemed to just go about his way and not care, which is why he was surprised when he saw Aipom leave his hat on a rock.

Wow, I know this is only a silly hat his mother bought him, as opposed to his original that he sent in a million post cards for, but it's kinda funny.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
The Great Butler said:
I'm rather sick of Sceptile >_>

How? o.o

That was a rhetorical question, nobody answer that!

There were no Primeape. o.o I would have loved for Ash to go "Oh no, my hat is missing! Hey look, a Primeape! ...wait a minute..."

I love Aipom now.

I was so excited when the episode seemed to be finishing and Ash didn't get his hat back! ^^ I was like "Oh cool, we get an actual change and the Ahs fangirls get to see him hatless every week!" But then of course Aipom decided to give it back, after the goodbye scene. :/

BG Spirt was cool. PSM... not so much.

When this gets dubbed, I hope whoever's dubbing it has May say something like "This is because I'm the girl, isn't it?!" when she gets grabbed. XD

But all around great ep.

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
I really loved how Team Rocket actually managed to create a realistic robot which wasn't obvious until it was revealed.
I thought they had fooled the Slaking, but I'm glad to see I was wrong. It's nice to see they can still be very sneaky and almost successful again.

Last edited:

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Oh my gawd. This episode sucked, from my POV! I was expecting a lot more than that

C'mon, the whole King Kong thing lasted about 10 seconds, why did they fool us so bad?! I was really looking forward to it, now I'm very disappointed. The Grand Festival better be a heck of a lot better ;_;

I'm sorry to bash, I just was so disappointed. Maybe I should watch it again, perhaps I'll like it.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The animation killed it for me, no doubt about it.

Though, some things that saved this episode from being all bad was:
-Spurt! instrumental
-About 44 seconds of good animation when Wakasyamo was battling Habunake and Pikachu battling Sabonea...but then reverted back to the dull lifeless animation when Sabonea made an impact with Rocket-Dan causing them to blast off.
-Hatless Satoshi for the fangirls.

Oh, look and compare. The Kekking weren't really smaller than regular, the way they were drawn in most of the episode just made it seem like it.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
So much my the Ash catching King Kong theory....I mean Aipom, I like Aipom but I did't expct it to be caught (Though whilst watching the episode I could help but wish he did catch it)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Lil Brother said:

How? o.o

That was a rhetorical question, nobody answer that!

I'll answer it anyway. We just saw Sceptile in the Pyramid episode. He was the star of the Battle Palace. He's also been jammed into far too many episodes anyway. I'm not even an Advanceshipper and I think Ash should've caught her >_<

We lost Glalie to Oak for this?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile has always been Ash's star Hoenn Pokemon. Swellow/Corphish are close seconds.

Sceptile/Swellow/Corphish are basically the Bulbasaur/Charizard/Squirtle of AG. Funny how Ash keeps the three memorable Pokemon for awhile, and dumps the others at Oaks.

Blazken

Boulder Trainer
ok ep I would of a real giant slaking but have to say i dint see the writter have to be a robot

for a sec i thougt combusk elove into a Blazken and save because i think he was out of his pokeball can't tell in the pic but no Sceptile save the day

well we now know may not leaving the show

Medea

Excalibur
Slaking Kong

Sorry about that :p

That was one bigass Slaking. Oh, hahaha...Anyways, I saw this episode a couple of hours ago and it was an okay episode. Somehow, I always have to crack up about Wobbuffet in that outfit. But that's all I'll comment on for the time being.

Geodude

CyberCubed said:
So am I right in saying that Ash really didn't care if the Aipom kept his hat? He seemed to just go about his way and not care, which is why he was surprised when he saw Aipom leave his hat on a rock.
Nah, after he and Aipom had that fall, Ash tried to get it back, but Aipom held onto it. Then I got the impression that Ash said something like: "You really like it, huh? Well, that's ok, you can keep it." So it's not like he didn't try and didn't care. And of course there was that scene at the end where Ash was uncomfortable without his hat.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Blazken said:
ok ep I would of a real giant slaking but have to say i dint see the writter have to be a robot

for a sec i thougt combusk elove into a Blazken and save because i think he was out of his pokeball can't tell in the pic but no Sceptile save the day

well we now know may not leaving the show

Can other people quote this guy and make sarcastic comments cause it's only 9AM in the morn' here.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Wow, that old man's flashback was useless. It was like the writers jsut threw it in so that he had an excuse to go along...other than the fact that the Aipom were already stealing his stuff...or maybe it was a (bad)excuse to let us know about the giant Slaking early. It probably wouldn't have bugged me as much if he didn't look about 20 years younger in the flashback. D: Of course, the guy didn't have much of a purpose anyway...
-Aipom? Check. Vigoroth? Check. Slaking? Cheque. Mankey? Czech. Primeape? Nope. Odd how they had ALL the monkey/ape Pokemon except for one. :<
-That giant Slaking really WAS one of TR's most realistic mechas. I have to wonder when and how they got in it at the end, though. They fell off the pillar along with the mecha, they landed away from it, the mecha was set on fire, TR was on fire too, and then they were magically inside the mecha? Eh, I guess it doesn't matter that much, but still.
-The new quiz thing is much better than the one they dropped. Having to pick out the Pokemon that doesn't belong is SLIGHTLY more challenging than having to realize that you have something called "short-term memory" and using it.
-Ooo, Spurt makes nice background music. Watch them reuse it so much that we get sick of it. D:

Geodude

Juputoru said:
-Wow, that old man's flashback was useless. It was like the writers jsut threw it in so that he had an excuse to go along...other than the fact that the Aipom were already stealing his stuff...or maybe it was a (bad)excuse to let us know about the giant Slaking early. It probably wouldn't have bugged me as much if he didn't look about 20 years younger in the flashback. D: Of course, the guy didn't have much of a purpose anyway...
I thought it was a different guy in the flashback.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yamato-san said:
even though the show's animation is still pretty lackluster, you must admit, the music seems to have taken a step in the right direction (read my previous comment on instrumental Spurt! and Ariados appeal BGM). Remember last year, when we were complaining about the music seeming too cartoony? But yeah, I can agree that this episode was pretty lackluster for the most part.
Can't say I disagree with you. However, it's a little disheartening that they seem to be content with sticking to tracks from various movies and a handful of the classic Kanto stuff these days. It seems like it's been years since I last heard the R/S wild pokémon battle theme or magma/aqua battle music in the show :/

come to think of it.... why the hell didn't they expand on the giant silhouette that Taylor (the filler guy) saw? If Kekking Kong's just a robot, then what the hell was that flashback all about? Just a little plot device that got dropped faster than the GS Ball? For that matter... is it just me, or did Taylor say "ichi nen mae" (one year ago) when talking about his encounter? Given how much younger he looks, there is no way in hell that could've been a year ago (if I'm getting the quote wrong, please correct me).
The theory I have going through my mind currently, is that there actually was a giant Slaking around that area at some point, and that we haven't heard the last of it's little tale.
Taylor's first sighting of the creature couldn't possibly have been a mechanical creation, considering he had supposedly been living around the ape pokémon territory for quite some time. And apparently, in all the year(s) he's been loitering around there, that was pretty much his only sighting of the beast. So that could mean that Slaking Kong only visits the area once in a blue moon or perhaps even had to move away due to circumstances beyond it's control.
And if that's the case, then perhaps the King mentioned in the upcoming 'Aipom and the King' is, in actuality, the true Slaking Kong, residing in an alternate part of the mountain range?

Eh...a bit of stretch maybe, but it makes just as much sense as anything else in this particular episode ^^;

And just a note I forgot to add in my last post: The voice of Team Rocket's mecha sounded infinitely better than that of a real Slaking.

SuperShadow

Gaiash said:
Because just about everyone saw it coming
Slaking Kong

LOL! That was hilarious. Well I saw the pics. and I think that team rocket had scared out the real Slaking kong and I really like the pics. it seems as if there are 2 monkeys missing: Slakoth and Primape. I'm happy we got to see Combusken get screen time seeing how it's very important on May's team. I to was surprised that it was a robot, well let's hope the writers keep the surprises coming.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Whoooooooo, that trailer was HILARIOUS (yeah, I've finally gotten YouTube to work on my computer!)

Somehow, I bet Gravy's theory is right. Maybe the "Aipom and the King!" episode after the Grand Festival stars the real Slaking Kong and the whole thing is a sort of split up mini-arc?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Gravy said:
Can't say I disagree with you. However, it's a little disheartening that they seem to be content with sticking to tracks from various movies and a handful of the classic Kanto stuff these days. It seems like it's been years since I last heard the R/S wild pokémon battle theme or magma/aqua battle music in the show :/

The theory I have going through my mind currently, is that there actually was a giant Slaking around that area at some point, and that we haven't heard the last of it's little tale.
Taylor's first sighting of the creature couldn't possibly have been a mechanical creation, considering he had supposedly been living around the ape pokémon territory for quite some time. And apparently, in all the year(s) he's been loitering around there, that was pretty much his only sighting of the beast. So that could mean that Slaking Kong only visits the area once in a blue moon or perhaps even had to move away due to circumstances beyond it's control.
And if that's the case, then perhaps the King mentioned in the upcoming 'Aipom and the King' is, in actuality, the true Slaking Kong, residing in an alternate part of the mountain range?

Eh...a bit of stretch maybe, but it makes just as much sense as anything else in this particular episode ^^;

And just a note I forgot to add in my last post: The voice of Team Rocket's mecha sounded infinitely better than that of a real Slaking.

From a Newtype Magazine Scan, translated on BMG by Woopert

As Satoshi-tachi resume their travels to the Battle Pyaramid, along the way they learn of an event being held to choose a village's new king. Villagers are scrambling to find the crown, as it seems that whoever finally obtains the crown will become the king for the next year. Thinking that the villagers find it amusing, Satoshi-tachi immediately decide to participate.

So, I doubt the Slaking Kong is in it. However, I really think this episode has the same Aipom, since theyr'e looking for headgear and Aipom seems to be a kleptomatic obssed with hats.

Nice video Gaish!