• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicetama

Pokabu <3
Oh hai.

I <3 Slayers. And it's shippies. :D Especially Lina and Gourry. Those 2 are so funny together. =D

I'm gonna have to take a look at those fanfics later.

Luna and Gourry? o_O Luna even hasn't had a full appearance in the show, let along meet Gourry! (I was just skimming through the posts and saw 'crack shippings'. xD)

Looks like you guys found your 3rd fan. xD

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Omigosh! There's three of us! You know what that means, don't you? Three's a crowd, so technically: a crowd of people are posting here. Or at least... that's how I'm going to look at it :p *Hurray for Amelia-brand optimism!*

Lina & Gourry are adorable. Have you seen Prettio's art on DeviantArt? She does a lot of great fanart of the two <3

Luna and Gourry? o_O Luna even hasn't had a full appearance in the show, let along meet Gourry! (I was just skimming through the posts and saw 'crack shippings'. xD)

XD I guess that's what makes it crack! Scary as Luna is, I think Lina would have something to say if her big sis tried to steal her maaan :p

Though now I want to see that/wish Dilgear WAS in TRY. XD

I love Dilgear. I guess supposedly he's now spending his life as Luna's pet? XD

Durp

I pretty sure it's canon that he's Luna pet (there's a picture somewhere) and she named him "Spot <3" or something. Which I guess is good because when I was watching it I really didn't want him to die D:

Also i decided to watch episode 19 of TRY just now....it's funny how after all these years I STILL wish Jillas stayed with Palu and his mother (the yellow fox-people for those who don't remember). And I want to ship Jillas/Palu's mom too just because of that. >_<;; *What-If idea go!*

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
It's on Dilgear's Kanzakadex page: http://kanzaka.wikia.com/wiki/Dilgear

Which is cute :D

Oooh. I know what you mean about Palu's mom. I was really surprise that Jillas didn't end up going back to her at the end because they would be soooo shippable together. Don't get me wrong, I like him working at Filia's shop with Gravos, but still.

...Because, really, Jillas has a better chance with Palu's mom than he does with Filia, especially if a certain priest shows up :p (Sorry, Jillas!)

I'm going to stop being lazy and get some Gourry/Lina and Zelgadis/Amelia scans together from the Slayers Premium manga I just got last week EVENTUALLY.

Durp

Oooh. I know what you mean about Palu's mom. I was really surprise that Jillas didn't end up going back to her at the end because they would be soooo shippable together. Don't get me wrong, I like him working at Filia's shop with Gravos, but still.

I know >__< It really made me want to write a fic where he leaves the shop to come back to them. Which I might do but I'll probably be all 'durrrr~~' through it because I've never done anything for Slayers before. :/ I think Palu's mom name was Elena too, but I'm not very sure because I don't remember them saying it in the episode.

...Because, really, Jillas has a better chance with Palu's mom than he does with Filia, especially if a certain priest shows up :p (Sorry, Jillas!)

...And that just made it even more likely in my mind. XD As much as I like Filia/Jillas, her with Xellos has, uhhh, more canon-potential? (or it would be easier to get them together)

I'm going to stop being lazy and get some Gourry/Lina and Zelgadis/Amelia scans together from the Slayers Premium manga I just got last week EVENTUALLY.

lol, I remember only seeing the movie of that. I thought it was stupid but I liked it anyway. o__0 There were some funny parts there.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I know >__< It really made me want to write a fic where he leaves the shop to come back to them. Which I might do but I'll probably be all 'durrrr~~' through it because I've never done anything for Slayers before. :/ I think Palu's mom name was Elena too, but I'm not very sure because I don't remember them saying it in the episode.

Well, I hope you give it a shot though. It's definitely an underappreciated pair.

I don't remember her name coming up, but it could be.

EDIT: Yeah, Kanzakadex says you're right. It is Elena.

...And that just made it even more likely in my mind. XD As much as I like Filia/Jillas, her with Xellos has, uhhh, more canon-potential? (or it would be easier to get them together)

XD Well, it's pretty clear how I feel about Xellos/Filia. I gotta admit though, Jillas/Filia is cute from a one-sided perspective. It's kinda amazing to look back on the anime and see how EARLY his crush on her started. Pretty much from episode 5 on "Gotta take care of the 'ostage!" :p

I STILL am upset that the ending with Filia, Jillas, and Gravos at there shop didn't have some kinda touch like Xellos at the window or something. I realize that they wanted a shot of him reporting to Zelas and they couldn't really have both, but STILL.

lol, I remember only seeing the movie of that. I thought it was stupid but I liked it anyway. o__0 There were some funny parts there.

XD You know, that's kind of how I feel about the movie. I know it's not *good* but I still like it anyway. I have my Slayers biases donchaknow. At least it actually had the main cast unlike the other OVAs which just had Lina and Naga. AND Slayers Premium actually had some fun shipping moments. I particularly liked the ones between Zelgadis and Amelia. And of course, I also like that OVA because it implies that Zelgadis and Amelia traveled alone together away from Lina and Gourry. Hello shipping potential!

...Although I will say that Amelia got a bit of a raw deal at the end of the movie (though that did facilitate an AWESOME Zelgadis reaction). It looks like that's not the case in the manga though I've glanced over it for scanning so far and haven't read it.

Durp

Well, I hope you give it a shot though. It's definitely an underappreciated pair.

I managed to start it yesterday O__O! Looks like my FF.net account will have more use when I finish up "part one" to it, whenever that will be. I plan on having Jillas/Elena happen later on as a not-focused thing though.

I STILL am upset that the ending with Filia, Jillas, and Gravos at there shop didn't have some kinda touch like Xellos at the window or something. I realize that they wanted a shot of him reporting to Zelas and they couldn't really have both, but STILL.

I think Xellos would still come by the shop sometimes to annoy Filia though. It would be too weird if he -didn't- post series.

At least it actually had the main cast unlike the other OVAs which just had Lina and Naga.

I used to like those because i thought they were funny (then again, I think Naga is funny in general). However, imo Naga is impossible to pair (or not, it's just not something -I- can see happen), so when it comes to shipping, the main cast ones would be better to watch.

And of course, I also like that OVA because it implies that Zelgadis and Amelia traveled alone together away from Lina and Gourry. Hello shipping potential!

Again, it would be too weird if they didn't. >__< Even at the end of TRY he was shown with something of Amelia's to remember her.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I managed to start it yesterday O__O! Looks like my FF.net account will have more use when I finish up "part one" to it, whenever that will be. I plan on having Jillas/Elena happen later on as a not-focused thing though.

Well, let me know when you get the first part up and I'll add it to the first post :)

I think Xellos would still come by the shop sometimes to annoy Filia though. It would be too weird if he -didn't- post series.

Oh, absolutely. I don't think he could resist XD. I just would've liked to see some evidence of that in the ending.

I used to like those because i thought they were funny (then again, I think Naga is funny in general). However, imo Naga is impossible to pair (or not, it's just not something -I- can see happen), so when it comes to shipping, the main cast ones would be better to watch.

I'm okay with Naga, but I've got to admit that she's not my favorite. But yeah, unless you ship Lina/Naga those OVAS/Special manga series are kind dull shipping wise.

Though on the subject of Naga pairings, check this. I gotta agree with the post there and say the animators must have been smoking something XD

Again, it would be too weird if they didn't. >__< Even at the end of TRY he was shown with something of Amelia's to remember her.

Yeah, I know. I just like to have things established is all :p

Given that level of development of their relationship at the end of TRY... it REALLY feels like there should've been Zelgadis/Amelia moments in Revo/Evo. Again, I still haven't seen anything beyond the first couple episodes, but Z/A fans I know have expressed disappointment at the absolute lack of moments.

Then again, I do know from the little I've watched that Phil DID knight Zel. That says something about Zel's possible future place in the royal family. I'm counting it as a hint!

Durp

Though on the subject of Naga pairings, check this. I gotta agree with the post there and say the animators must have been smoking something XD

WAIT WHAT. O__O Is that official or what? I thought it was fanart looking at it, but then the animator comment...

It's pretty funny, though.

Then again, I do know from the little I've watched that Phil DID knight Zel. That says something about Zel's possible future place in the royal family. I'm counting it as a hint!

It think it counts because of what you wrote about his future place. It makes a lot of sense.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
WAIT WHAT. O__O Is that official or what? I thought it was fanart looking at it, but then the animator comment...

To tell the truth, I'm not entirely sure. It was with a bunch of similar looking sketches with copyrights on them (like this), so it might be official. If it is, I think the animators were just having fun. Maybe too much fun :p

But then again, I didn't post them so I don't know where they came from. They could just be fanart sketches. I wouldn't take them that seriously either way.

It think it counts because of what you wrote about his future place. It makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, because plain-old Zelgadis, mercenary, vagabond, and temple robber, might not seem to have that much chance of marrying a Princess like Amelia. But a Knight of Seyruun charged with protecting her? That's another story.

It also says something about Phil's opinion of him. I don't think he has any objection to him as future son-in-law material :p I wonder how much Amelia's told her father about him...

Okay, I got a new question:

What's your opinion on Gaav/Valgaav?

I am not entirely sure how I'd feel about this one. You've got the EXTREMELY devoted servant thing here with Valgaav. And you've got images like this and this and this.

But on the other hand, we don't really know much about their relationship besides the fact that it was a close one. It could have easily been more of a father-son type thing. *shrug* I honestly don't know where I stand but I've been leaning more toward the latter lately.

Durp

What's your opinion on Gaav/Valgaav?

I can see where the idea comes from, but since it's been awhile since I saw -that exact- episode, I don't really support it. And even if I did, it would probably in like a master-servant way and not as a "love pairing" >__<; But I see it's somewhat popular, I've heard there's a lot of doujinshis of it. o__0

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
The more I think about it... the more the "I shall give you my own name" thing seems more like a father-son type thing than a romance thing. Anyway, it's hard to tell because we only see them together in that flashback. (Though that does bring up the question: Why wasn't Valgaav with Gaav during the events of NEXT?)

I can see why there'd be a niche for the Gaav/Valgaav pairing. Slayers is pretty het-heavy, even when it comes to fanon. Though Xellos seems to get around >.>

Durp

Yeah, I know about how there's a lot of het. I also keep seeing Xellos/Lina too when I was on Japanese fansites like Pixiv or Tegaki. I mean, I don't mind it, I just would like to know where it came from (I -think- I know, but I never really saw big evidence when I watched it). o__0;;

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
*shrugs* People love Lina and people love Xellos. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like their not-your-ally-or-your-enemy relationship... but not in a romantic way. This pairing never used to bother me before I got so into Xellia *cough* Not that it bothers me much if people ship it. It's just not a pairing I like.

I guess possible evidence for Xellos/Lina is that Lina is such a chaotic figure and Xellos loves chaos (same could be said for Filia though). Also there were the two times in NEXT when he kissed her on the cheek. Though that was pretty much to distract her from figuring out he was a monster. Notice he never tried THAT stunt again after his identity came out. Other than that... I think we've got an instance of him carrying her? I know there's at least one at the end of TRY. There might have been others.

Zelgadis/Lina is another popular one that makes the rounds.

Yeah, it seems like there's MUCH more het in the Slayers fandom as opposed to slash than you see in other fandoms. In fact, I think there's more yuri than yaoi in the fanon, which hasn't been my experience with most series I watch (though that MIGHT just be because I've talked to too many fangirls). It's probably because Slayers has such a kickass female cast.

Durp

Oh yeah, those. >__< I guess I never noticed those scenes because I was completely stuck on Lina/Gourry back then, haha.

I never liked Z/L...i mean it would've been an interesting possibility at the beginning of the first season, but then a lot of the fans blew it out of proportion. X___X

And yeah, the only yaoi I've seen was a LOT of Zel/Xel and I've seen a whole site of Zelgadis/Gourry (don't know if it's still up). There's more possibilities when it comes to yuri.

Also i read the first one-shot of Summer Nights, hopefully I'll get to reviewing on FF.net :0

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Y'know, it often strikes me as funny how acquainted I am with hints for pairings that I legitimately don't like or agree with. XD I think I just like the thrill o' the chase!

Zelgadis/Lina is definitely a fan favorite. Sometimes I think there's more art for it out than Lina/Gourry.

Meh... maybe at the end of the second half of the first season there was a legitimate possibility. I feel like in the second half there were actually quite a few Zelgadis/Amelia hints early on. But that might just be because I *wanted* to see them XD

And yeah, the only yaoi I've seen was a LOT of Zel/Xel and I've seen a whole site of Zelgadis/Gourry (don't know if it's still up). There's more possibilities when it comes to yuri.

Zelgadis/Xellos seems like the major male/male pair to me. Xellos is surprisingly shippable for an abstract, bodiless creature of darkness. I guess it's not that surprising though. Shipping demons is fun :p

I only ship Zelgadis/Gourry as a joke, myself. There are a couple times in the first season where Gourry is hanging off a levitating Zelgadis is a rather hilariously suggestive way. And then there's their little fear-hug at the beginning of TRY.

I really want to find a girl/girl ship I can support wholeheartedly for Syphiel. Actually I want any kind of ship for Sylphiel because I think she's a darling girl and it just aint going to work out for her and Gourry. Somehow I really can't see her with a guy though. Lina/Sylphiel works best in my mind because of the end of the first season, but again, only in a onesided way from Sylphiel. That girl needs some love, damn it!

Also i read the first one-shot of Summer Nights, hopefully I'll get to reviewing on FF.net :0

Oooh~ I hope you like 'em! Summer Nights is... my fanfiction paramour. I cheat on my other fics with it! XD

I'm so glad the challenge got extended until November!

Durp

Yeah, the only way I can see Zelgadis/Gourry if it's done to be funny or if it's like...an accidental scenario (O_O). Seriously...well, not so much.

For Sylphiel, I once saw a fansite (last year, lost the link ;__; ) of her that suggested Sylphiel/Filia? I remember it saying something along the lines that it would be 'cute, but a little too cute'....I agree. o__o

Or you could go with a side character that's also pair-less.

And I did like the Exorcism one. XD Verily was a funny character (and now FF.net isn't loading for me. UGH >__<).

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah, the only way I can see Zelgadis/Gourry if it's done to be funny or if it's like...an accidental scenario (O_O). Seriously...well, not so much.

The way I see it: They're both surrounded by some really crazy females. There's gotta be some male-bonding "guy code" stuff going on there. But that's the extent of it XD

For Sylphiel, I once saw a fansite (last year, lost the link ;__; ) of her that suggested Sylphiel/Filia? I remember it saying something along the lines that it would be 'cute, but a little too cute'....I agree. o__o

Or you could go with a side character that's also pair-less.

Huh. That's interesting because I know some people who don't like Filia feel like she replaced Sylphiel. Hmm... I guess there's the priestess connection.

I know, but I just haven't managed to find someone I like her with. She's such a damsel that I really feel like she needs a strong 'savior' type character to go with. But the Gourry thing isn't reciprocated. Hmm...

...Phil?

... *dies a little inside*

And I did like the Exorcism one. XD Verily was a funny character (and now FF.net isn't loading for me. UGH >__<).

XD Thanks! I have a lot of fun with my side characters! (And I watch the Exorcist every Halloween, so that has something to do with it).

Summers Nights is also posted up here in the Shipping Fics section. I gotta write another one of those, but my other fics have been beating me up lately.

Durp

I know, but I just haven't managed to find someone I like her with. She's such a damsel that I really feel like she needs a strong 'savior' type character to go with. But the Gourry thing isn't reciprocated. Hmm...

...Phil?

... *dies a little inside*

Well, it'd make a good story, at least. A joke kind. O___O

I gotta write another one of those, but my other fics have been beating me up lately.

You have a lot of fics! XD I still need to get mine done (I'm going to do a lot before I even post chapter one), I love how I get more ideas on what happens LATER ON instead of what's going on 'right now'.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead

Well, it'd make a good story, at least. A joke kind. O___O

Yeah. Imagine Amelia meeting her new 'mom' X_x

...I don't think Phil'd ever remarry.

You have a lot of fics! XD I still need to get mine done (I'm going to do a lot before I even post chapter one), I love how I get more ideas on what happens LATER ON instead of what's going on 'right now'.

I do! And sometimes I love them and sometimes they suffocate me X_x. I should be writing the last chapter of Diplomacy for tomorrow (if all goes as planned).

Oh, I know all about that. *sigh* It's like my first idea for some fics doesn't get used until chapter 15 or something.

Gonna be starting up a sequel to Legal Matter called From Now On after I finish A Little Opposition. So there's plenty on my plate in the future.

Hey, check this picture. It was just a quick pan in the anime, but looking back at it now it kinda looks Xellia to me because of that girly pose Filia's pulling. But I'm seeing the world through Xellia-tinted glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.