• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durp

That would be AWESOME because I love both those series. I also want my Filly back. I WANT HER BACK!!!

XD I do too. I don't know if it would be possible, but the new Slayers season seemed well-received (?) and pretty much BROUGHT the fandom back to life, so...

Now, are they box foxes and Elena's just a cream colored kind or is she some other kind of canine?

I thought they were both foxes, but Elena and Palu are a different color/not related to the "Red Fox Tribe" ....

Yep! It was creepy! But I think, if nothing else, it at least shows the writers' willingness to play with a pairing like that. As I say in my mini-essay it shows that they're okay with interspecies relationships and furthers the theme of opposites in TRY (which Xellia is very much a part of). And... well, if a Fish Person/Human pairing is okay... then so should be a pairing of two creatures that can take human forms.

Yeah, I thought that the ~*~society~*~ would be okay with human forms, but not anything higher up like the gods/rulers/whatever in Slayers world.
(I don't know if I worded that right)

It seems like there are *a lot* of songs that relate to Xellos/Filia.
Really...I was even looking through my songs earlier and I thought "Looking Glass" by The Birthday Massacre -might- fit, though it seems a little too dark for them?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
XD I do too. I don't know if it would be possible, but the new Slayers season seemed well-received (?) and pretty much BROUGHT the fandom back to life, so...

I think it at least sold well, responses were pretty mixed. But whether people liked it or not, I agree, it definitely caused a resurgance in love for this fandom. Whether it was old fans remembering their love for it, or new fans picking it up for the first time. That gives me hope for another new season <3

...Even if we have to wait another ten years, damn it.

I fool myself, honestly, but I like to think Filia has a good chance of at least a cameo if they go through with it. Sylphiel got one. And Filia had a much more major part in her season than Martina or Sylphiel. In fact, TRY's storyline was tied much more to Filia than to Lina in my opinion.

...And her interaction with Xellos is so priceless. They could honestly do more with that.

I thought they were both foxes, but Elena and Palu are a different color/not related to the "Red Fox Tribe" ....

Lawl. I said 'box foxes' instead of 'both foxes'. *typo*

Yeah, they're probably both foxes (omigosh, I made that typo again. Caught it this time). I just wondered because I don't think they said...

...Omigosh. I want to see some Jillas/Elena fanart in the Robin Hood/Maid Marian costumes from Disney's Robin Hood. Like, right now.

Really...I was even looking through my songs earlier and I thought "Looking Glass" by The Birthday Massacre -might- fit, though it seems a little too dark for them?

I think it certainly could fit them. How dark you wanna go with Xellia is really a personal thing. But it reminds me that I saw a Xellia fanart on pixiv with Filia in a giant birdcage.

...Speaking of songs... WARNING! I'm going to talk about Xellia and Lady Gaga now! THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO RUN!!

...Okay, when I heard 'Bad Romance' I will admit to thinking of Xellos/Filia. But that's not the main one. No, no, no. Then I heard 'Monster'.

I MEAN, COME ON! Monster? Evil eyes? He's a wolf in disguise? It's so meant to be!

M-m-m-monster~

Durp

I think it at least sold well, responses were pretty mixed. But whether people liked it or not, I agree, it definitely caused a resurgance in love for this fandom. Whether it was old fans remembering their love for it, or new fans picking it up for the first time. That gives me hope for another new season <3

I'm 50/50 on it, it could happen, or it won't. I would like it if there WAS, though.

I fool myself, honestly, but I like to think Filia has a good chance of at least a cameo if they go through with it. Sylphiel got one. And Filia had a much more major part in her season than Martina or Sylphiel. In fact, TRY's storyline was tied much more to Filia than to Lina in my opinion.

Yeah... but it seems like TRY is like an "exception" to a lot of people because it wasn't based on a novel or whatever. :[ It's still my favorite Slayers though >__>

I just wondered because I don't think they said...

They probably didn't because they were like 'lol they're minors, who cares'...but -I- care ;A;

...Omigosh. I want to see some Jillas/Elena fanart in the Robin Hood/Maid Marian costumes from Disney's Robin Hood. Like, right now.

PGJAISRGJSO I need to be the one to do that. *puts it on to-do list*

I think it certainly could fit them. How dark you wanna go with Xellia is really a personal thing. But it reminds me that I saw a Xellia fanart on pixiv with Filia in a giant birdcage.

I like the pairing kinda dark, but not to the point all the humor it can have is 100% gone. :[

And link? If not I can find it myself, but.

WARNING! I'm going to talk about Xellia and Lady Gaga now! THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO RUN!!

*sits down as everyone else runs away*

...Okay, when I heard 'Bad Romance' I will admit to thinking of Xellos/Filia. But that's not the main one. No, no, no. Then I heard 'Monster'.

I MEAN, COME ON! Monster? Evil eyes? He's a wolf in disguise? It's so meant to be!

lol, I thought it was funny when I saw it on the playlist. But I can get why some would see it. XD

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah... but it seems like TRY is like an "exception" to a lot of people because it wasn't based on a novel or whatever. :[ It's still my favorite Slayers though >__>

Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer the novel-based stuff. But wasn't Hajime Kanzaka still on the writing staff for TRY?

To be honest, I want to see it go the other way on this one. I want to see a novel based on TRY come out. Because I'd love to see Filia in a novel.

I mean, I don't think it's right to write off TRY just because it wasn't based on the novels considering how deeply it delved into the mythology of the world. It's not like it's a frivolous filler season by a long shot.

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of the fanfiction I see for Slayers is Xellos/Filia. It would certainly appeal to that section of the fandom if she came back XP

And supposedly there's an interview by Hajime Kanzaka that says part of Filia's purpose was to be a girl Xellos would be interested in, to cement Lina/Gourry and discourage Xellos/Lina. But it's disappeared from the internet and now only lives as vapor and whisper. People swear they saw it though... Well, if it's true that plan was not an unqualified success (people still ship Xellos/Lina) but it certainly captured a large portion of the fanbase. So bring it back, I say!

They probably didn't because they were like 'lol they're minors, who cares'...but -I- care ;A;

I care too! Why couldn't Slayers do an indepth exploration of beastman-human history? I would watch that.

PGJAISRGJSO I need to be the one to do that. *puts it on to-do list*

Yes. Yes! YES!

I like the pairing kinda dark, but not to the point all the humor it can have is 100% gone. :[

And link? If not I can find it myself, but.

Yeah, I agree. Comedy with the threat of tragedy is the way I like them best. Enough drama to treat the thing seriously and not like a joke, but not so much that we're plunged into an angst nightmare from which there is no awakening.

Found it again: link.

lol, I thought it was funny when I saw it on the playlist. But I can get why some would see it. XD

I'm sure it's no surprise that it was me who suggested it XD. I really can't listen to the song without thinking about them anymore.

Durp

Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer the novel-based stuff. But wasn't Hajime Kanzaka still on the writing staff for TRY?

Yeah he was. Well, according to Kanzakadex or whatever.

To be honest, I want to see it go the other way on this one. I want to see a novel based on TRY come out. Because I'd love to see Filia in a novel.

Only if it has new stuff, for me. Like I once read the first novel twice (once on Inverse.org years ago, second when it was released in English) and have the second one, and those have things scenes that the anime didn't have.

I mean, I don't think it's right to write off TRY just because it wasn't based on the novels considering how deeply it delved into the mythology of the world. It's not like it's a frivolous filler season by a long shot.

THIS

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of the fanfiction I see for Slayers is Xellos/Filia. It would certainly appeal to that section of the fandom if she came back XP

Imagine what new trouble would happen with her having Valgaav around now.

And supposedly there's an interview by Hajime Kanzaka that says part of Filia's purpose was to be a girl Xellos would be interested in, to cement Lina/Gourry and discourage Xellos/Lina. But it's disappeared from the internet and now only lives as vapor and whisper. People swear they saw it though... Well, if it's true that plan was not an unqualified success (people still ship Xellos/Lina) but it certainly captured a large portion of the fanbase. So bring it back, I say!

...I want to see that now. >__< I wonder if it's in a Slayers infobook or something.

I care too! Why couldn't Slayers do an indepth exploration of beastman-human history? I would watch that.

Me too... T__T I mean, IIRC Duclis and Pokota had backstories, but they don't really count to me because, uh...

They either have human forms or WERE human-turned-beast

Yes. Yes! YES!

I would've done it full body if I haven't been going through art-related angst lately XD

Also, imagine this: Dilgear as either Little John or the Sheriff of Nottingham. I was going to put him in, but I couldn't pick which role (the first is hilarious, second makes more sense).

Yeah, I agree. Comedy with the threat of tragedy is the way I like them best. Enough drama to treat the thing seriously and not like a joke, but not so much that we're plunged into an angst nightmare from which there is no awakening.

Besides, Slayers isn't 100% serious, even though it has serious parts.

Found it again: link.

Oh, cool. So I guess that song does fit with it because of that. XD

I'm sure it's no surprise that it was me who suggested it XD. I really can't listen to the song without thinking about them anymore.

Same here :D

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah he was. Well, according to Kanzakadex or whatever.

I figured he was. I mean, he wrote for the OVAs and those are less important to the canon IMO. And considering how in depth TRY is, you'd pretty much have to have the great Slayers-mind himself involved.

Only if it has new stuff, for me. Like I once read the first novel twice (once on Inverse.org years ago, second when it was released in English) and have the second one, and those have things scenes that the anime didn't have.

Oh, yeah. I absolutely agree. A new take on it would be awesome.

...But even if Hajime Kanzaka wrote one, they wouldn't translate it into English. *tears hair out and damns tokyopop*

Imagine what new trouble would happen with her having Valgaav around now.

Exactly! She'd be a mama and not to be trifled with! Can't you just imagine her terrorizing the PTA or something like that?

...I want to see that now. >__< I wonder if it's in a Slayers infobook or something.

As far as I know, no one's been able to find it again. Here's the link to the article about it on Beloved Enemy.

*rereads article* Well, that does it. I know Amber, and if she says its real then I believe it 100%.

Me too... T__T I mean, IIRC Duclis and Pokota had backstories, but they don't really count to me because, uh...

Oooh. I actually knew that spoiler already. So it's all good.

I would've done it full body if I haven't been going through art-related angst lately XD

Also, imagine this: Dilgear as either Little John or the Sheriff of Nottingham. I was going to put him in, but I couldn't pick which role (the first is hilarious, second makes more sense).

*squeals like a little girl* That's awesome!

Ooh. That'd be cool. I think he'd make a good Sheriff.

...Now I want to cast Prince John and Hiss. They were my favorites.

Besides, Slayers isn't 100% serious, even though it has serious parts.

Absolutely, and that's one of the things that makes it great. It really winds up into some great drama.

Durp

I figured he was. I mean, he wrote for the OVAs and those are less important to the canon IMO. And considering how in depth TRY is, you'd pretty much have to have the great Slayers-mind himself involved.

See? Take that, "TRY isn't canon" people... >__>

Oh, yeah. I absolutely agree. A new take on it would be awesome.

...But even if Hajime Kanzaka wrote one, they wouldn't translate it into English. *tears hair out and damns tokyopop*

Especially if it had more backstory for things like the other golden dragons and etc. And screw Tokyopop, back when I was into manga I remember they were the ones that had expensive volumes D:

Exactly! She'd be a mama and not to be trifled with! Can't you just imagine her terrorizing the PTA or something like that?

OH GOD O__O I can. and it's an awesome thought.

As far as I know, no one's been able to find it again. Here's the link to the article about it on Beloved Enemy.

*rereads article* Well, that does it. I know Amber, and if she says its real then I believe it 100%.

Yeah, I don't think they're lying. Though, I think him getting concerned over fans shipping other couples than Lina/Gourry is a little...i don't know. Maybe I think that sticking to canon only/100% takes the fun out of it, and if I had something out I actually wouldn't mind anyone breaking up any canon pairings I made. I don't know where I'm going with this.

*squeals like a little girl* That's awesome!

Ooh. That'd be cool. I think he'd make a good Sheriff.

...Now I want to cast Prince John and Hiss. They were my favorites.

Thank you ^__^ And he would, because unlike Jillas he wasn't shown as changing to turn good, he just pwned and never appeared again D:

lol, I wonder who would be them

Absolutely, and that's one of the things that makes it great. It really winds up into some great drama.

Not to mention the world with the races and magic is interesting. I think there's a JP. book about that, I want it translated... >__o

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Especially if it had more backstory for things like the other golden dragons and etc. And screw Tokyopop, back when I was into manga I remember they were the ones that had expensive volumes D:

Now that I would love. There just isn't enough known about golden dragons (let alone other kinds of dragons).

I'm mostly mad at Tokyopop for not translating novels beyond 8. YEAH, they didn't sell well. Because you guys did absolutely nothing to promote them and they were hardly in any stores! *I* love Slayers to death and I'll walk across broken glass to get the novels, yes, but you can't expect someone who doesn't know much about the series to go to that inconvenience!

I have the same beef with CPM Manga over the Super-Explosion-Demon-Story and Special mangas. Is there some sort of conspiracy to keep Slayers books out of stores or something?

OH GOD O__O I can. and it's an awesome thought.

I'm SO glad Filia ended up with the ending she got. She is SUCH a mom.

Yeah, I don't think they're lying. Though, I think him getting concerned over fans shipping other couples than Lina/Gourry is a little...i don't know. Maybe I think that sticking to canon only/100% takes the fun out of it, and if I had something out I actually wouldn't mind anyone breaking up any canon pairings I made. I don't know where I'm going with this.

I know what you're saying, and I think it's kinda like this: Accounts I've read have said that Hajime Kanzaka originally intended for there to be no romance in his novels. But according to him, Lina/Gourry just kind of evolved naturally and had to happen. In that way, I think he "discovered" his own pairing in a way much more similar to a fan than a creator. As a "die-hard" fan of the pairing, he might have a little less distance from the fandom pairings involving the two than a creator usually would.

Thank you ^__^ And he would, because unlike Jillas he wasn't shown as changing to turn good, he just pwned and never appeared again D:

lol, I wonder who would be them

Yep, yep. He'd probably be evil again if he could get off his leash!

I can't really think of anyone from the anime.... shame!

Not to mention the world with the races and magic is interesting. I think there's a JP. book about that, I want it translated... >__o

There needs to be more Slayers stuff released in English! :mad:

Durp

Now that I would love. There just isn't enough known about golden dragons (let alone other kinds of dragons).

Especially Filia's family. Like they mentioned her father by name at one point, but that's it.

I'm mostly mad at Tokyopop for not translating novels beyond 8. YEAH, they didn't sell well. Because you guys did absolutely nothing to promote them and they were hardly in any stores!

Yeah, really. Slayers has some popularity over here too (look at how good the boxset by Funimation went), so it was pretty stupid to not promote it.

I have the same beef with CPM Manga over the Super-Explosion-Demon-Story and Special mangas. Is there some sort of conspiracy to keep Slayers books out of stores or something?

..Maybe.

I'm SO glad Filia ended up with the ending she got. She is SUCH a mom.

Haha, really. XD

I know what you're saying, and I think it's kinda like this: Accounts I've read have said that Hajime Kanzaka originally intended for there to be no romance in his novels. But according to him, Lina/Gourry just kind of evolved naturally and had to happen.

Makes sense to me, then.

In that way, I think he "discovered" his own pairing in a way much more similar to a fan than a creator. As a "die-hard" fan of the pairing, he might have a little less distance from the fandom pairings involving the two than a creator usually would.

Ohh, okay. I guess I assumed he was being like "this is how it is, don't change it" to fans D:

Yep, yep. He'd probably be evil again if he could get off his leash!

Though, maybe being Luna's pet would straighten him out a little.

There needs to be more Slayers stuff released in English! :mad:

We can always try to contact Funimation...I think they're the current copywrite (?) holders of it in US.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Especially Filia's family. Like they mentioned her father by name at one point, but that's it.

Yeah, I agree. I think she said her father was a high priest, right? That's... interesting... The guy would roll over in his grave if he found out about Xellos.

...Oh, that actually brings up an uncomfortable thought. I *assume* Filia's parents are dead and gone, but I suppose I could be wrong. I don't remember if they ever addressed it. But if they are dead... well... we know someone who killed a whole bunch of golden dragons, don't we? *squirms*

...Not that I think it's that likely that something like that happened. I think Filia would have more of a... personal hatred for Xellos then. She wouldn't have just refered to him as the person who "killed thousands of her people".

Yeah, really. Slayers has some popularity over here too (look at how good the boxset by Funimation went), so it was pretty stupid to not promote it.

I hope they reconsider after the resurgance of popularity with the new seasons. It would take a little investment on their part, but I really think the show is under-appreciated. It just needs a little publicity! And that can't just be me haranguing people to watch it!

Ohh, okay. I guess I assumed he was being like "this is how it is, don't change it" to fans D:

Yeah, I think he was kind of joking about it too.

...Now see, I guess it says something for seeing the world in a certain way. But when I first read the novels (the ones in English at least *twitch*), I thought I saw a few Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia moments.

We can always try to contact Funimation...I think they're the current copywrite (?) holders of it in US.

I'm glad it was Funimation that got it. They seem to have a lot of respect for what they're doing. I don't know if they work with print though...

Durp

Yeah, I agree. I think she said her father was a high priest, right? That's... interesting... The guy would roll over in his grave if he found out about Xellos.

...Oh, that actually brings up an uncomfortable thought. I *assume* Filia's parents are dead and gone, but I suppose I could be wrong. I don't remember if they ever addressed it. But if they are dead... well... we know someone who killed a whole bunch of golden dragons, don't we? *squirms*

...Not that I think it's that likely that something like that happened. I think Filia would have more of a... personal hatred for Xellos then. She wouldn't have just refered to him as the person who "killed thousands of her people".

Yeah, it's not too likely, but if it was, it'd be a disturbing thought. x__X

I hope they reconsider after the resurgance of popularity with the new seasons. It would take a little investment on their part, but I really think the show is under-appreciated. It just needs a little publicity! And that can't just be me haranguing people to watch it!

It is...It would be nice for it to be popular again like how it used to be ;__;

...Now see, I guess it says something for seeing the world in a certain way. But when I first read the novels (the ones in English at least *twitch*), I thought I saw a few Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia moments.

I did too, but not the latter pairing because I don't remember Amelia being in the first novel?

I'm glad it was Funimation that got it. They seem to have a lot of respect for what they're doing. I don't know if they work with print though...

I was thinking e-mail.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah, it's not too likely, but if it was, it'd be a disturbing thought. x__X

It is indeed... not like that pairing needs a higher angst factor.

It is...It would be nice for it to be popular again like how it used to be ;__;

*sigh* I wasn't even in the fandom when it was popular. It makes me sad.

I did too, but not the latter pairing because I don't remember Amelia being in the first novel?

Not the first novel... and not even the first novel with her because Zel doesn't show up in that one. I guess they're not huge shippy moments, just nice or interesting moments between the characters. The novels mention that Amelia was the one that taught Zel the recover spell, which I think is lovely.

I was thinking e-mail.

Oh, you mean like Funimation prods Tokyopop/Other Manga Translating companies with the rights to Slayers to take up the project against to match with the DVD releases?

Durp

*sigh* I wasn't even in the fandom when it was popular. It makes me sad.

lol, I remember i started watching it and got internet when it started to die. I was like "LOL WHERE IS EVERYONE?"

Not the first novel... and not even the first novel with her because Zel doesn't show up in that one. I guess they're not huge shippy moments, just nice or interesting moments between the characters. The novels mention that Amelia was the one that taught Zel the recover spell, which I think is lovely.

Oh, that's cool.

Oh, you mean like Funimation prods Tokyopop/Other Manga Translating companies with the rights to Slayers to take up the project against to match with the DVD releases?

I didn't think of that, would they even have the ~*~rights~*~ to do that? o__0

Crap, we need a new shipping-related topic... I have one in mind but i'll mention it after you. :x

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Indeed! It's not fair when that happens!

Yeah, I like to think that Zelgadis could reciprocate by showing her how to pick locks :p

I didn't think of that, would they even have the ~*~rights~*~ to do that? o__0

I don't think Funimation could make them... but they could certainly suggest it as a good idea. Their word would probably mean more than the letter-writing effort to Tokyopop that's been the only real fan resort.

...That reminds me, I ought to write my letter, waste of postage or not!

Crap, we need a new shipping-related topic... I have one in mind but i'll mention it after you. :x

Oooh. Feel free to give one. I've got a couple of screenshots I want to put together to deconstruct, but we could really use another topic~<3

Durp

I was looking in some other threads for topics, but I ended up coming up with two:

What Slayers pairing do you not understand?

Any songs that remind you of Slayers pairings? <--Besides the Xellos/Filia playlist posted earlier XD

And then, if it's okay, just some general series topics (because we all know the plot and etc. can be just as interesting if not more than the shipping):

How did you get into the series?

Do you own any Slayers merchandise?

Favorite/least favorite movie/OVA/season?

Ever seen Lost Universe?

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Oooh! Good topics! (I'll get to some screenshot posting later when I'm not as lazy)

Hmm... I think most pairings I don't like are a case of "Okay, I get it, but no." Aside from certain... seemingly random pairings from fanart (like the aforementioned Hellmaster/Amelia thing) which make me go "What?"

I guess Gourry/Amelia doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm guessing this is more of a 'leftovers' pairing for people that support Zelgadis/Lina. I suppose people think they have a lot in common? I don't really think so. I resent it when people call Amelia stupid. She's not always as cunning as Zel or Lina, and she has her JUSTICE-based hang-ups, but she's not stupid. She also probably has the highest emotional intelligence of anyone in the series.

Also, I think we kind of explored how well that worked in TRY. Both in the shrine of marriage episode where she only had eyes for Zelgadis, and the village of Justice episode where Gourry was just kinda lagging behind or plain forgotten.

Another one is Xellos/Gourry which... well, I came across a fanfiction for that pairing. I didn't read it, but I did glance at the summary, shuddered involuntarily, and put the thought out of my mind. I mean, I can't think of any reason to pair them up besides the fact that any pairing with Xellos is inherently hot and Gourry aint so bad himself (You know, for someone tall, blonde, handsome, and muscular) ...On second thought, maybe I do understand this pairing.

Speaking of yaoi, I get Xellos/Zelgadis. I honestly don't care for it, but I get it. I think it operates on a lot of the principles of attraction/repulsion (I think most of Xellos's pairs do), and yeah, there is some point to "Xellos really makes Zelgadis mad! You know what THAT means!" but I think it's blown way out of proportion. Sure, Zelgadis was all "Why you!!" and grabbing Xellos by the collar in NEXT but 1. That was before he knew that Xellos was a monster and could tear his effing head off and 2. That was NEXT. Xellos was burning Claire Bibles AKA Zel's best lead to get back to his human form. Xellos never really seemed at all effected by this negative attitude toward him in NEXT (unlike his reaction to a certain dragon), and once we get to TRY Zel seems much more content to ignore Xellos wherever possible.

Oi. That turned into a rant. Sorry!

Any songs that remind you of Slayers pairings?

Awww! But Xellia's my main one! Lemme see... I know I had a few that I submitted to the old shipping song thread we used to have. I know I had "Young" my Nickel Creek for Lina/Gourry, but I thought I had a few Zelgadis/Amelia ones too. "If I Loved You" from Carousel could possibly go for either L/G or Z/A but I tend to lean toward Z/A.

Umm... then there's "Beauty and the Beast" I suppose for Zel and Amelia again. Perhaps Phantom of the Opera songs if you wanted to put Zel in a bone-white half-mask (which is not a completely inappropriate desire to have...)

"She Wolf" is Zelas's song!!!

I'd *heard* of the series. I really didn't know anything about it, I'd just read some of the names of the characters and heard them brought up in conversations. I'd heard a couple quotes from the show too (Gourry's from the first episode on Lina's disappointing lack of development). So I wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, it seemed like I couldn't find the show sold in any other way besides boxsets. So I took a chance and asked my Dad to buy bought the first season. I fell in love and everything became chaotic from there.

I. Wish.

I haven't attended a Anime Con in years, and that used to be the only place I could get anime merch. Now I think I might get a Paypal account for the sole purpose and getting Slayers merch from eBay.

I'm not a huge fan of the OVAs, but Slayers Premium has to be my favorite. It's just kind of ridiculous in the good way. Plus it had the main cast in it and therefore shipping I cared about.

For least favorite... I don't know... probably GREAT, if only because I don't remember it as well as the others and it seemed more... episode-like than anything.

I haven't seen Slayers Special: Book of Spells yet. I'll have to see if I can get it off of Amazon.

My favorite season is TRY, but I love NEXT and the first season so it doesn't seem worth going into least favorite since I haven't seen Revo/Evo-R.

Ever seen Lost Universe?

Yep. I've seen everything but the last couple episodes... a nasty habit of mine. I'll have to go back and watch it from the beginning.

Kain is Lina and Gourry's secret love child from the FUTURE!

Durp

I always thought Gourry/Amelia wouldn't be too bad....as long as it ISN'T done as some cop-out to get Zelgadis and Lina together. And lmfao at Xellos/Gourry XD I need to find that now.

Anyway, my answers:

...Dilgear/Jillas.

Okay, actually, almost all the stuff of it were just inappropriate pictures I could've gone without seeing, but I never got the point besides "they're both beastmen". I actually wouldn't mind seeing it done like in a fic, because I'm actually interested to know how they'd meet in the first place. But Luna kind of gets in the way of it.

Any songs that remind you of Slayers pairings?

Uhh... Like I posted, "Malice" by Diary of Dreams for Valgaav/Filia, "Looking Glass" by The Birthday Massacre for a darker Xellos/Filia, and "The Noose" by A Perfect Circle for Xellos in general.

And it probably only counts to me, but when I was watching the end of TRY, "Devils and Gods" by Tori Amos was practically playing in my head it fit to me so much.

Long story short: I was looking for Yu-Gi-Oh fanfiction back when it first aired, and I found an awful crossover with it and Slayers (I'm not writing it to be mean. It got all the 'canon facts' on the Slayers characters wrong and etc.). It made me look up stuff about the series.

Then weeks later, after we got a different kind of cable, it turns out that some channel called "The International Channel" (renamed "AZN TV" years later) was showing it subtitled...so I watched the end of NEXT, and all of TRY every Friday on it. XD

Yes >__> But they've all seen better days. I think the ones I still have are old UFO plushies of Lina, Gourry, and Amelia, which have chews on from my pet rats... -__-

I still want a Zelgadis (official, not custom) plush to go with my others, but apparently they're hard to find, which equals = more than I'm willing to pay (my cheap self doesn't want to pay over $20)

Oh and for years i had a TRY poster on the back of my door that I never removed. It's nothing fancy though.

Favorites: the series

Least favorite: the movies/OVAs, though they still can be good. I actually like Naga to an extent though, so I remember not being pleased with her tiny cameo in Premium XD

Ever seen Lost Universe?

No :/

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I always thought Gourry/Amelia wouldn't be too bad....as long as it ISN'T done as some cop-out to get Zelgadis and Lina together. And lmfao at Xellos/Gourry XD I need to find that now.

I don't know... I guess I've just never seen a spark between those two. But you know I like my pairings a little more... chaotic.

The Xellos/Gourry fic looked like one of those "X didn't know why he'd always found Y attractive fics". You know, the ones that abandon reasoning and just head straight for the soft-core porn. ...But with a pairing like Xellos/Gourry I guess that's not such a bad option :p

And it probably only counts to me, but when I was watching the end of TRY, "Devils and Gods" by Tori Amos was practically playing in my head it fit to me so much.

It's not just you. I totally agree. Also from that album for Xellia I like "Dark Side of the Sun" and "Dragon"

Yes >__> But they've all seen better days. I think the ones I still have are old UFO plushies of Lina, Gourry, and Amelia, which have chews on from my pet rats... -__-

I still want a Zelgadis (official, not custom) plush to go with my others, but apparently they're hard to find, which equals = more than I'm willing to pay (my cheap self doesn't want to pay over $20)

Oh and for years i had a TRY poster on the back of my door that I never removed. It's nothing fancy though.

I'm not actually a huge fan of plushies. I really want to get some of the plastic figures, artbooks/pencil boards, and posters. But at this point I'd take whatever I can get my hands on.

And I said I'd do screenshots, so I wanted to share a Xellos/Filia-ish moment that I kinda liked from episode 7 of TRY:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/ohnoyoudont.jpg[/img139]

So... Filia is understandably upset about them destroying part of the Temple of the Fire Dragon King.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/yeahitsfate.jpg[/img139]

The rest of the group tries to tell her it's 'just fate'.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/someonesgonnagethurt.jpg[/img139]

Filia doesn't buy this 'fate' crap.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/wrathfulfilia.jpg[/img139]

Scary Filia!

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/reactiontofiliasexpressionofpurewrathfullness.jpg[/img139]

Okay, now we're getting into my highly biased interpretations here. But it seems to me that Xellos is kind of impressed with Homicidal!Filia. There's a certain suggestion of 'Whoa.' on his face, perhaps with the addition of '...<3' :p

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/takeresponsibilitynah.jpg[/img139]

...Then he weasels out 'cause he's a weasel.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/bye.jpg[/img139]

...He disappears into the sky.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/afterxellosbails.jpg[/img139]

Filia is turned away from where he disappeared, but it sort of seems like she's looking over her shoulder too.

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/watchingthespotwherexellosvanished.jpg[/img139]

And she's blushing angrily. I think it's pretty safe to say that whether the blushing can be counted as a hint of attraction or not, it was caused by Xellos. She wasn't just blushing out of rage before he spoke up/bailed.

Durp

The Xellos/Gourry fic looked like one of those "X didn't know why he'd always found Y attractive fics". You know, the ones that abandon reasoning and just head straight for the soft-core porn. ...But with a pairing like Xellos/Gourry I guess that's not such a bad option :p

I guess would probably be the only way it would work, but I can't see Gourry being attracted to Xellos XD

It's not just you. I totally agree. Also from that album for Xellia I like "Dark Side of the Sun" and "Dragon"

Yes @ "Dragon", I saw that in the shipping songs thread and believed it. :eek:

I'm not actually a huge fan of plushies. I really want to get some of the plastic figures, artbooks/pencil boards, and posters. But at this point I'd take whatever I can get my hands on.

I forgot I also had a pencil board(s)....those usually have pictures of the eyecatches on them (like the one I have located has Gourry with the Chibiusa-looking girl).

And I said I'd do screenshots, so I wanted to share a Xellos/Filia-ish moment that I kinda liked from episode 7 of TRY:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/reactiontofiliasexpressionofpurewrathfullness.jpg[/img139]

Okay, now we're getting into my highly biased interpretations here. But it seems to me that Xellos is kind of impressed with Homicidal!Filia. There's a certain suggestion of 'Whoa.' on his face, perhaps with the addition of '...<3' :p

Him being impressed/surprised is pretty plausible, actually.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I guess would probably be the only way it would work, but I can't see Gourry being attracted to Xellos XD

Me either.

I think the first Gourry cross-dressing episode illustrates pretty well that Gourry is not attracted to guys (though that might have just been the Great Valuun XP). ...Though he did think a fish-person had sexy legs o_O;

Yes @ "Dragon", I saw that in the shipping songs thread and believed it.

I love that song. It's my favorite on the album and it's so right for them.

I forgot I also had a pencil board(s)....those usually have pictures of the eyecatches on them (like the one I have located has Gourry with the Chibiusa-looking girl).

Ah~ I want pencil boards too. There's one with Xellos on it that's often offered as a prize in Slayers contests over on DA club I belong to. I'll never win though ;_;

Him being impressed/surprised is pretty plausible, actually.

Once again, I'm glad it's just not me.

It seems to me that his expression of surprise is kinda... different from Zel's or Amelia's, which is why I think he's impressed. Being a monster, he probably appreciates the power to strike that kind of terror XD

Status
Not open for further replies.