• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Gourry may not be too smart, but he does often have good instincts.

XD And unlike with Lina, he actually hasn't got much of a reason to flirt with Filia besides the fact that he likes her. With Lina, the first kissing incident occured right after he teleported and Lina was like "WTF?!" and the second one occured during the doll episode where Lina was wondering why Xellos managed to escape from the doll transformation when no one else could. So basically, both times he did it to distract her from figuring out that he's a monster. With Filia, it's just for kicks :p
He has his bright moments too! ^_^

Yup, it was just to hide the whole teleporting stuff... But with Filia, he doesn't do it for that - He doesn't really have a reason to tease her! And well... A lot of times, teasing is an expression of affection!

XD Yep, yep.

Yep! And there's some shipping for Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia for that matter in the first season. It's not major, but it's there.

XD He'd be extremely suspicious.
Omg I'm so sorry ;_; I haven't been able to read it yet! I promise I'll read it today! I promise!

Yup, there are just some little moments, which are nice too.

XD Yes! It would be a pretty weird ice-cream situation.

Absolutely not! I truly believe that they consider each other the single most interesting person each of them has ever met.

:3 I'm glad it's done. But I'll miss working on it. There's always the possibility of a sequel.
They do! I wish we knew more about all those secret meetings they have... :p

There is! But there is also the possibility of a NEW fanfic again! XD

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
He has his bright moments too! ^_^

Yup, it was just to hide the whole teleporting stuff... But with Filia, he doesn't do it for that - He doesn't really have a reason to tease her! And well... A lot of times, teasing is an expression of affection!

He actually has quite a few of those moments in Revolution/Evolution-R. I'm sure Lina was proud :p

He really can't resist teasing her, and you can tell that he distracts himself with it.

Omg I'm so sorry ;_; I haven't been able to read it yet! I promise I'll read it today! I promise!

Yup, there are just some little moments, which are nice too.

XD Yes! It would be a pretty weird ice-cream situation.

I'm not worried because if you don't read it then you won't find out the name :p

Yep. I recall some nice turning points in the dynamic between Zelgadis and Amelia. When they first meet he's just "that creepy guy" and she thinks he's mean, but then we get a few cute little moments (Zelgadis trying to pull Amelia away from the magical wall, her subsequently falling on him and the blushiness, and then the double Ra-Tilt) which lead nicely into her jumping in front of him and saving his life and the whole "come to Seyruun with me!" thing. By the time the season is over Amelia seems to have developed a very solid crush on Zelgadis.

But even if he's suspicious... it's hard to resist ice cream!

They do! I wish we knew more about all those secret meetings they have... :p

There is! But there is also the possibility of a NEW fanfic again! XD

*sigh* me too.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do next fanfiction-wise. I've got to finish up a Pokemon fanfic, but other than that... I thought I might focus more on my novel and just do oneshots for awhile (since it's really hard to focus on anything else when I've got a long fic running) but... there are a couple of ideas I'd like to develop. There's the diary fic for Filia I've been thinking of doing (which promises a lot of Xellia), I know people want another Legal Matter story but at this point I haven't got much of a clue what the next one would entail, and it does seem like it might be time for another Zelgadis/Amelia fic... or a multi-couple fic.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
He actually has quite a few of those moments in Revolution/Evolution-R. I'm sure Lina was proud :p

He really can't resist teasing her, and you can tell that he distracts himself with it.
I'm sure she was! I bet she wanted to pat him on the head and say: Good job big boy! :p

It's so hard too resist too... You can clearly see he's not only obsessed with teasing her... He's obsessed with her!

I'm not worried because if you don't read it then you won't find out the name :p

Yep. I recall some nice turning points in the dynamic between Zelgadis and Amelia. When they first meet he's just "that creepy guy" and she thinks he's mean, but then we get a few cute little moments (Zelgadis trying to pull Amelia away from the magical wall, her subsequently falling on him and the blushiness, and then the double Ra-Tilt) which lead nicely into her jumping in front of him and saving his life and the whole "come to Seyruun with me!" thing. By the time the season is over Amelia seems to have developed a very solid crush on Zelgadis.

But even if he's suspicious... it's hard to resist ice cream!
IT'S FILIA! IT'S FILIA! IT'S FILIA!

At first I was like: Is he talking to Filia or is the child named Filia? Then I found out the baby was named Filia and I was really surprised, especially since I wouldn't be sure if it would be clear (are you talking about the big Filia or the baby Filia?) but I think you solved that very well by calling her Lia. I still confused myself a few times when I thought you wrote 'Lina' (which leads to seriously weird situations) but I absolutely adored the end ^__^ You did I really nice job! I hope there will be sequel :3

/End rant

Yep yep! And even though Zelhadis didn't show it as much as Amelia did, I'm sure he also developed a crush in the time from when they first met 'til the beginning of NEXT.

Ice-cream is sooooo hard to resist.*drool*
*sigh* me too.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do next fanfiction-wise. I've got to finish up a Pokemon fanfic, but other than that... I thought I might focus more on my novel and just do oneshots for awhile (since it's really hard to focus on anything else when I've got a long fic running) but... there are a couple of ideas I'd like to develop. There's the diary fic for Filia I've been thinking of doing (which promises a lot of Xellia), I know people want another Legal Matter story but at this point I haven't got much of a clue what the next one would entail, and it does seem like it might be time for another Zelgadis/Amelia fic... or a multi-couple fic.

You know... I really wouldn't mind another Zel/Amelia fanfic with some Lina/Gourry because I'm pretty sure it's one of the fanfics (of all I've read) I enjoyed the most. I just adored the plot and all the little moments (and bigger ones, of course) they had.Though Filia's diary sounds really nice too!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I'm sure she was! I bet she wanted to pat him on the head and say: Good job big boy! :p

It's so hard too resist too... You can clearly see he's not only obsessed with teasing her... He's obsessed with her!

And I'm sure he appreciates the praise :p

Definitely. She's too fun to play with! That came out excedingly wrong.

Spoiler:- I shall just put my rant in a spoiler:

Yep yep! And even though Zelhadis didn't show it as much as Amelia did, I'm sure he also developed a crush in the time from when they first met 'til the beginning of NEXT.

Ice-cream is sooooo hard to resist.*drool*

XP I'm very fond of Xellos's name choice. Even if it's not his most original moment.

I think his reaction when she saved his life was interesting. At first he was mad and then his voice and expression definitely got... fond. He was mad that she put herself in danger on his account, but I think he was genuinely moved by it.

XD Oh to see Xellos at a Cold Stone! That'd be a sight!

You know... I really wouldn't mind another Zel/Amelia fanfic with some Lina/Gourry because I'm pretty sure it's one of the fanfics (of all I've read) I enjoyed the most. I just adored the plot and all the little moments (and bigger ones, of course) they had.Though Filia's diary sounds really nice too!

Thing is, I'm not sure if I really want to write a fic without Xellos and Filia in it right now. I do loves them so and they're the most fun to write. I have been saying for awhile though that I'd like to do a detective story with Zelgadis/Amelia... Unfortunately that's not really developed at this point. Right now the most developed option is the diary one, but even that I'm not far enough in to feel competant in writing right away. I think I probably will take a bit of a break from multi-chapter fics, but it won't be long until I hear their siren song once again. Hopefully at that point I'll have something a little more developed.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
And I'm sure he appreciates the praise :p

Definitely. She's too fun to play with! That came out excedingly wrong.
True! I just think he should've deserved a celebration party forall his bright moments.

XD! Especially to Xellos. Xellos loves playing with Filia! I'M SORRY for making the situation even worse!

XP I'm very fond of Xellos's name choice. Even if it's not his most original moment.

I think his reaction when she saved his life was interesting. At first he was mad and then his voice and expression definitely got... fond. He was mad that she put herself in danger on his account, but I think he was genuinely moved by it.

XD Oh to see Xellos at a Cold Stone! That'd be a sight!
It's not I actually expected a Gourry-like name as in 'Pudding' but I really like Lia ^__^

Exactly, I think so too. I'm pretty sure he always tried to protect her and now she put herself in danger to protect him.

XD You could use that one as vignette too!

Thing is, I'm not sure if I really want to write a fic without Xellos and Filia in it right now. I do loves them so and they're the most fun to write. I have been saying for awhile though that I'd like to do a detective story with Zelgadis/Amelia... Unfortunately that's not really developed at this point. Right now the most developed option is the diary one, but even that I'm not far enough in to feel competant in writing right away. I think I probably will take a bit of a break from multi-chapter fics, but it won't be long until I hear their siren song once again. Hopefully at that point I'll have something a little more developed.
Ahh, I understand ^_^ You could try a Xellia/Zelmel/Gourrina fanfic at some point, though, but I don't really mind if the Diary will be the first one next. It sounds really nice, and I can actually expect how it's going to be a little bit!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
True! I just think he should've deserved a celebration party forall his bright moments.

XD! Especially to Xellos. Xellos loves playing with Filia! I'M SORRY for making the situation even worse!

XD That'd be cute.

And the thing that makes it worse is that I'm pretty sure that's the way Xellos is most comfortable with thinking about it :/ if he just thinks of himself as toying with Filia he doesn't have to worry about being vulnerable himself.

It's not I actually expected a Gourry-like name as in 'Pudding' but I really like Lia ^__^

Exactly, I think so too. I'm pretty sure he always tried to protect her and now she put herself in danger to protect him.

XD You could use that one as vignette too!

XD If they'd gone with Teriyaki then that would've been cute~

Yep, I know he saved her at least one time earlier. And I don't think he expected that kind of noble concern for him from her. Just another case of Amelia's GOODNESS melting his heart :p

There ought to be something with Xellos and ice cream.

Ahh, I understand ^_^ You could try a Xellia/Zelmel/Gourrina fanfic at some point, though, but I don't really mind if the Diary will be the first one next. It sounds really nice, and I can actually expect how it's going to be a little bit!

I've thought of doing something with all three pairings but... it could get a little crowded @_@ though if I do the diary fic there's a legitimate chance that all those shippings will at least have a mention since it follows the events of Try and I'm sure Filia would notice some of the other's behavior as she's getting to know the3m.

I've only just started reading the Knight of the Aqualord manga (just on chapter one) but I'll post if there's any shipping stuff I see. I know Lina and Gourry are in it, but I haven't got a clue if the others make any appearances.

So far there was an instance where Lina asked Gourry why he was still following her since they weren't looking for anyone or for a new sword for him anymore. He basically answered something along the lines of "because I want to" and she blushed a bit. He also pulled her out of the way of danger and at the end of the chapter they just got seperated so there were some dramatic moments with them reaching out for each other.

Oh and an artist I watch on dA just recently uploaded a Xellos/Filia fanart which may be the sexiest thing in the universe. ...Unfortunately it's too sexy for me to post here ^^;

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
XD That'd be cute.

And the thing that makes it worse is that I'm pretty sure that's the way Xellos is most comfortable with thinking about it :/ if he just thinks of himself as toying with Filia he doesn't have to worry about being vulnerable himself.
Exactly :p Actually, I'm sure he also sees her in a way as: 'She's just a toy.' I know that might sound stupid, but that's how he treats her!

XD If they'd gone with Teriyaki then that would've been cute~

Yep, I know he saved her at least one time earlier. And I don't think he expected that kind of noble concern for him from her. Just another case of Amelia's GOODNESS melting his heart :p

There ought to be something with Xellos and ice cream.
XD Hahahaha, exactly. But seriously, I didn't expect something serious from Xellos, but it's nice to see he picked a beautiful name!

Her goodness makes him such a soft, blushy and shy person!

Unbreakable combination!

I've thought of doing something with all three pairings but... it could get a little crowded @_@ though if I do the diary fic there's a legitimate chance that all those shippings will at least have a mention since it follows the events of Try and I'm sure Filia would notice some of the other's behavior as she's getting to know the3m.

I've only just started reading the Knight of the Aqualord manga (just on chapter one) but I'll post if there's any shipping stuff I see. I know Lina and Gourry are in it, but I haven't got a clue if the others make any appearances.

So far there was an instance where Lina asked Gourry why he was still following her since they weren't looking for anyone or for a new sword for him anymore. He basically answered something along the lines of "because I want to" and she blushed a bit. He also pulled her out of the way of danger and at the end of the chapter they just got seperated so there were some dramatic moments with them reaching out for each other.

Oh and an artist I watch on dA just recently uploaded a Xellos/Filia fanart which may be the sexiest thing in the universe. ...Unfortunately it's too sexy for me to post here ^^;
Uh, that's true D: Well, mentions are also fun, I'd like to read about what's going on in Filia's mind :3

Ohh! That's really nice! I'd love to hear about shipping moments ^_^

<3 That's so cute! I should start some manga too... NO I CAN'T because I first need to get along with Revo.

XD That's too bad!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Exactly :p Actually, I'm sure he also sees her in a way as: 'She's just a toy.' I know that might sound stupid, but that's how he treats her!

I actually read a fanfic (it happens sometimes!) that used that as a motif and really explored the concept.

XD Hahahaha, exactly. But seriously, I didn't expect something serious from Xellos, but it's nice to see he picked a beautiful name!

Her goodness makes him such a soft, blushy and shy person!

Unbreakable combination!

Filia did make quite a gamble in letting him choose the name. He could've gone with Zelas for the first name... or Xellosia :p

XD It does. And she has a caring devotion to him that I don't think can be matched by Lina or Gourry. They're his friends and all, but Amelia's different.

Indeed!

Uh, that's true D: Well, mentions are also fun, I'd like to read about what's going on in Filia's mind :3

Ohh! That's really nice! I'd love to hear about shipping moments ^_^

<3 That's so cute! I should start some manga too... NO I CAN'T because I first need to get along with Revo.

XD That's too bad!

Getting into Filia's head can be a lot of fun~

Priorities! Hmm... actually I still have the Evolution-R manga to read... and I think there's another that I have to read too after Knight of the Aqualord.

But rest assured! It was very very sexy.

Speaking of fanart, I did some more fanart-searching:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/3297655_xf.png[/img139]

Pixiv Id: 3297655

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/88681_lg.jpg[/img139]

Pixiv ID: 88681

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/964657_xf20.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/964657_group.jpg[/img139]

Pixiv ID: 964657

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Other/1113680_lg-1.png[/img139]

Pixiv ID: 1113680

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
I actually read a fanfic (it happens sometimes!) that used that as a motif and really explored the concept.
Haha, really? That sounds really amazing ^_^ (And it's really amazing to hear you've read a fanfic every now and then! :p)

Filia did make quite a gamble in letting him choose the name. He could've gone with Zelas for the first name... or Xellosia :p

XD It does. And she has a caring devotion to him that I don't think can be matched by Lina or Gourry. They're his friends and all, but Amelia's different.

Indeed!
XELLOSIA. Oh goodness. XD Or Filios, Zelia, Filias... Yeah. Maybe we should be grateful he chose Filia.

Yup. You know, of course Lina and Gourry care about Zelgadis too, but not in an Amelia-way.

Getting into Filia's head can be a lot of fun~

Priorities! Hmm... actually I still have the Evolution-R manga to read... and I think there's another that I have to read too after Knight of the Aqualord.

But rest assured! It was very very sexy.

Speaking of fanart, I did some more fanart-searching:
Who knows what's going on in there!

SO MUCH TO DO. (But after KotA... What're you going to do then? I'd sob until there was new stuff :p)

Too much cuteness in the fanart post! I can't even choose my favourite!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Haha, really? That sounds really amazing ^_^ (And it's really amazing to hear you've read a fanfic every now and then! :p)

It's rare, but it does happen :)

XELLOSIA. Oh goodness. XD Or Filios, Zelia, Filias... Yeah. Maybe we should be grateful he chose Filia.

Yup. You know, of course Lina and Gourry care about Zelgadis too, but not in an Amelia-way.

Really, egotistical naming runs in Xellos's family, right Zelas?

Yup, yup. Amelia's quite a special girl that way~

Who knows what's going on in there!

SO MUCH TO DO. (But after KotA... What're you going to do then? I'd sob until there was new stuff :p)

Too much cuteness in the fanart post! I can't even choose my favourite!

Xellos is going on in there, that's what. It's all Xellos, all the time, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. ...Okay, I exaggerate, but a lot of it's Xellos-related.

I know! After Knight of the Aqualord I'll probably read the Evolution-R manga and then Slayers Light Magic. After that I think I'll have run out of manga (at least manga available in English). But I won't run out of things to do before long. I've still got to screenshot/note-take the rest of the series... and then I have to do notes for the Japanese version too :p

I read the next Knight of the Aqualord chapter and unfortunately nothing shipping went on. Lina's seperated from Gourry I *hope* he comes back.... I wish I could say she's worried about him or pining away, but her attitude is entirely "He'll be alright." *sigh*

I think my favorite is the Xelfi one with the wings~

Oh, and I wrote a new Xellos/Filia oneshot. My Fancy Way of Saying Hello.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
It's rare, but it does happen
You must be lucky if you want Skiyomi to read your fanfic! :p

Really, egotistical naming runs in Xellos's family, right Zelas?

Yup, yup. Amelia's quite a special girl that way~

XD Indeed... At least the baby wasn't names after Zelas. What would they call her? Las? Zel?

Yep, she cares about Zelgadis like nobody else does.

Xellos is going on in there, that's what. It's all Xellos, all the time, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. ...Okay, I exaggerate, but a lot of it's Xellos-related.

I know! After Knight of the Aqualord I'll probably read the Evolution-R manga and then Slayers Light Magic. After that I think I'll have run out of manga (at least manga available in English). But I won't run out of things to do before long. I've still got to screenshot/note-take the rest of the series... and then I have to do notes for the Japanese version too :p

I read the next Knight of the Aqualord chapter and unfortunately nothing shipping went on. Lina's seperated from Gourry I *hope* he comes back.... I wish I could say she's worried about him or pining away, but her attitude is entirely "He'll be alright." *sigh*

I think my favorite is the Xelfi one with the wings~

Oh, and I wrote a new Xellos/Filia oneshot. My Fancy Way of Saying Hello.
XD Xellosxellosxellosxellos Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia Xellosxellosxellos.
The poor girl!

Aaaah, that's true! I wish there was some kind of method to understand just a verry little bit of the Japanese manga. But I'm afraid that's not going to work D:

-_-" Gosh. Lina. Come on. You know you secretly care a lot if he's actually alright.

That one is so cute too! And beautiful :3

Oh! I didn't expect that! Time to read!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
XD Indeed... At least the baby wasn't names after Zelas. What would they call her? Las? Zel?

Yep, she cares about Zelgadis like nobody else does.

Hmm. There are far to many 'Zel' names already!

Certainly. I wish he'd acknowledge that more.

XD Xellosxellosxellosxellos Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia Xellosxellosxellos.
The poor girl!

Aaaah, that's true! I wish there was some kind of method to understand just a verry little bit of the Japanese manga. But I'm afraid that's not going to work D:

-_-" Gosh. Lina. Come on. You know you secretly care a lot if he's actually alright.

That one is so cute too! And beautiful :3

Oh! I didn't expect that! Time to read!

Though I'm sure she had a lot more on her mind as the series progressed. I think Xellos certainly considered invading her mind a worthwhile act :p

'Fraid not. Oh and I've read the third chapter of Knight of the Aqualord and there wasn't even a mention of Gourry, so he might not show up again (until maybe the end because I'd assume she'd have to rejoin him). She teamed up with a guy named Lyos and there was one woman in this latest chapter who asked if Lina and Lyos were lovers... which they both strongly and offendedly denied with Lyos saying that he was already interested in someone and Lina saying that a 'kid' like Lyos would need more of a strong, older sister figure.

It might be just because Lina herself looked like she was in more danger than Gourry. But beyond worrying about him, she should at least be concerned that he's worried for her. But sometimes she just doesn't think about that. Remember that moment mid-NEXT where she let everyone think she was dead so she could get a surprise attack in at Kanzel? "Just once... couldn't you think about my feelings?" from Gourry.

I didn't expect it either I'm supposed to be working on The Kingdom of Illusions.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Hmm. There are far to many 'Zel' names already!

Certainly. I wish he'd acknowledge that more.
Zel and Xel are so confusing. You barely hear any difference so we might as well skip any character (except for Zelgadis) with the nickname 'Zel'.

Though I'm sure she had a lot more on her mind as the series progressed. I think Xellos certainly considered invading her mind a worthwhile act :p

'Fraid not. Oh and I've read the third chapter of Knight of the Aqualord and there wasn't even a mention of Gourry, so he might not show up again (until maybe the end because I'd assume she'd have to rejoin him). She teamed up with a guy named Lyos and there was one woman in this latest chapter who asked if Lina and Lyos were lovers... which they both strongly and offendedly denied with Lyos saying that he was already interested in someone and Lina saying that a 'kid' like Lyos would need more of a strong, older sister figure.

It might be just because Lina herself looked like she was in more danger than Gourry. But beyond worrying about him, she should at least be concerned that he's worried for her. But sometimes she just doesn't think about that. Remember that moment mid-NEXT where she let everyone think she was dead so she could get a surprise attack in at Kanzel? "Just once... couldn't you think about my feelings?" from Gourry.

I didn't expect it either I'm supposed to be working on The Kingdom of Illusions.
Yup yup. But I don't really think there are a lot of moments when her mind is completely Xellos-free!

;__; Poor Gourry, I hope they bring him back quickly! Oh gosh, what a horrible question. I wish they wouldn't think that everybody who is best friends are also lovers... And I don't even think Lina and Lyos were best friends.

*nods* Exactly. I'm pretty sure it's just 'normal' towards her now, 'cause she's always protected by Gourry.

Oh, slap me, I haven't had any time to read it yet :/ I'm really busy with other stuff but I promise I'll read it really soon!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Zel and Xel are so confusing. You barely hear any difference so we might as well skip any character (except for Zelgadis) with the nickname 'Zel'.

Yep. Fortunately Xellos isn't really the type who lends himself to nicknames. ...Well, unless it's Filia we're talking about. She has a bunch of little "pet" names that are appropriate for Xellos: monster, demon, fiend, raw garbage, trash, lowest of the low, creep, scum, jerk... I could go on.

You watch the Japanese version, right? There's something I've been wondering about. Does Xellos use an honorific when refering to Filia? Because the English version generally translates a 'Miss' or 'Mister' when he's talking about people, but he doesn't ever call Filia 'Miss Filia' in the dub. I was wondering if that was just a dubbing choice, or if he does that in the original too.

Same thing with Filia, I guess. I think she calls him "Mister Xellos" once in the dub, but that's it.

Yup yup. But I don't really think there are a lot of moments when her mind is completely Xellos-free!

;__; Poor Gourry, I hope they bring him back quickly! Oh gosh, what a horrible question. I wish they wouldn't think that everybody who is best friends are also lovers... And I don't even think Lina and Lyos were best friends.

*nods* Exactly. I'm pretty sure it's just 'normal' towards her now, 'cause she's always protected by Gourry.

Oh, slap me, I haven't had any time to read it yet :/ I'm really busy with other stuff but I promise I'll read it really soon!

She certainly likes to relate things to him that don't necessary have to involve him :p

I just read chapter 5 and Gourry is back! Hurray! And Lina told him that she was really worried about him (and blushed while saying it) :D

And she always will be. Gotta love that sweet moment in Next where she asked him how long he planned on protecting her and he said: "For the rest of my life."

XD I won't slap you, don't worry.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Yep. Fortunately Xellos isn't really the type who lends himself to nicknames. ...Well, unless it's Filia we're talking about. She has a bunch of little "pet" names that are appropriate for Xellos: monster, demon, fiend, raw garbage, trash, lowest of the low, creep, scum, jerk... I could go on.

You watch the Japanese version, right? There's something I've been wondering about. Does Xellos use an honorific when refering to Filia? Because the English version generally translates a 'Miss' or 'Mister' when he's talking about people, but he doesn't ever call Filia 'Miss Filia' in the dub. I was wondering if that was just a dubbing choice, or if he does that in the original too.

Same thing with Filia, I guess. I think she calls him "Mister Xellos" once in the dub, but that's it.
Yeah, such 'nice' nicknames too! :p

Yep, I do. I'm nearly 100% sure they refer eachother with 'Filia' and 'Xellos', not as 'Miss Filia' or 'Mister Xellos'. (Really, there could be an exception in an episode, but I don't remember) Xellos does refer the others with Miss/Mister but he doesn't with Filia, nor does Filia with him.

Though, like I said, it could be he/she said it once but I can't remember!

She certainly likes to relate things to him that don't necessary have to involve him :p

I just read chapter 5 and Gourry is back! Hurray! And Lina told him that she was really worried about him (and blushed while saying it)

And she always will be. Gotta love that sweet moment in Next where she asked him how long he planned on protecting her and he said: "For the rest of my life."

XD I won't slap you, don't worry.
Exactly, probably just a little problem in her brains :p

Hooray! And aww, that's really cute :3 [strike]We knew she missed him![/strike]

Ohh, gosh, I love that moment. It's so cute and it let's us see how much he does care about her.

XD Thank you!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah, such 'nice' nicknames too! :p

Yep, I do. I'm nearly 100% sure they refer eachother with 'Filia' and 'Xellos', not as 'Miss Filia' or 'Mister Xellos'. (Really, there could be an exception in an episode, but I don't remember) Xellos does refer the others with Miss/Mister but he doesn't with Filia, nor does Filia with him.

Though, like I said, it could be he/she said it once but I can't remember!

He'll learn to love them :p

So no '-san' or anything? That's interesting that they're both exceptions to each other. Xellos generally even refers to his enemies politely right before he kills them.

Exactly, probably just a little problem in her brains :p

Hooray! And aww, that's really cute :3 [strike]We knew she missed him![/strike]

Ohh, gosh, I love that moment. It's so cute and it let's us see how much he does care about her.

XD Thank you!

"I can't do this becaue then Xellos would probably say that and then I'd say this and then he'd..." ...When we don't really need to be thinking about Xellos at all.

And there's another little moment in the next chapter. A woman was kinda flirting with Gourry and Lina certainly looked annoyed. (Lyos was annoyed too, but for a different reason)

It is! But I think the part that makes it hard for Lina to talk to him about it is just how easily he decides to stay with her forever. She'd like to believe it's because he cares about her so much, but I think she sometimes feels like he just doesn't take things seriously.

No problem! I'll just slap Xellos instead~

So... I bought a Slayers mousepad. ...I... I may already have one, but this one has Xellos and Filia on it! ...Though so does my current one... but this one is different! Maybe I'll switch them out every day! It was only $2! ...Of course, more like $9 with shipping and handling, BUT STILL.

Also look at this adorably injured Xellos cel! $300?! No way!

...Also there are a couple of Filia figurines (with mini-Xellos figurine included!) floating around. I'm just not willing (yet) to spend $50 on one. ...But I *so* want one.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
He'll learn to love them :p

So no '-san' or anything? That's interesting that they're both exceptions to each other. Xellos generally even refers to his enemies politely right before he kills them.
Just takes time!

Nope. I heard him say 'Lina-san' and stuff but no 'Filia-san'. Filia just referred to Lina as 'Lina-san' but to Xellos as just 'Xellos', too.

It is! They are exceptions! Really nice he refers to his enemies politely before he kills them, though :p

"I can't do this becaue then Xellos would probably say that and then I'd say this and then he'd..." ...When we don't really need to be thinking about Xellos at all.

And there's another little moment in the next chapter. A woman was kinda flirting with Gourry and Lina certainly looked annoyed. (Lyos was annoyed too, but for a different reason)

It is! But I think the part that makes it hard for Lina to talk to him about it is just how easily he decides to stay with her forever. She'd like to believe it's because he cares about her so much, but I think she sometimes feels like he just doesn't take things seriously.

No problem! I'll just slap Xellos instead~

So... I bought a Slayers mousepad. ...I... I may already have one, but this one has Xellos and Filia on it! ...Though so does my current one... but this one is different! Maybe I'll switch them out every day! It was only $2! ...Of course, more like $9 with shipping and handling, BUT STILL.

Also look at this adorably injured Xellos cel! $300?! No way!

...Also there are a couple of Filia figurines (with mini-Xellos figurine included!) floating around. I'm just not willing (yet) to spend $50 on one. ...But I *so* want one.
Exactly, nobody said a word about Xellos and she is the one who brings him up!

Ohhh! Something as a Sylphiel repeat? :p

Yeah, that's true... Just like; 'He's saying something but he has no idea about what he's talking'. Though I'm 101% sure Gourry did understand that part!

Apology accepted! XD As long as there are Filia and Xellos on it... Nobody will say something about it - accepted immediately :D

GOSH! That's adorable! But $300 o__o!

OH how cute they add a mini-Xellos figurine to the Filia ones! They must be really cute!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Just takes time!

Nope. I heard him say 'Lina-san' and stuff but no 'Filia-san'. Filia just referred to Lina as 'Lina-san' but to Xellos as just 'Xellos', too.

It is! They are exceptions! Really nice he refers to his enemies politely before he kills them, though :p

Wonder if he'll think up a cute nickname for her :p

That's definitely interesting. It may highlight their lack of respect for each other, but also whiffs of familiarity.

Exactly, nobody said a word about Xellos and she is the one who brings him up!

Ohhh! Something as a Sylphiel repeat? :p

Yeah, that's true... Just like; 'He's saying something but he has no idea about what he's talking'. Though I'm 101% sure Gourry did understand that part!

Apology accepted! XD As long as there are Filia and Xellos on it... Nobody will say something about it - accepted immediately

GOSH! That's adorable! But $300 o__o!

OH how cute they add a mini-Xellos figurine to the Filia ones! They must be really cute!

She's obsessed with him. But that's okay, because he's obsessed with her.

It was just a brief thing, but always appreciated :)

Yep. He just doesn't angst and agonize over it like some people.

Gotta love merch~

I know. Too rich for my blood.

It's one of these. They are adorable, but I'm not spending that much coin on one yet.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Wonder if he'll think up a cute nickname for her :p

That's definitely interesting. It may highlight their lack of respect for each other, but also whiffs of familiarity.
Fili sounds cute :3

It really is, because it's not like how Lina acts (Because she barely every calls somebody Miss/Mister, does she?) . I'm pretty sure they both feel too worthy to call each other Miss/Mister :p

She's obsessed with him. But that's okay, because he's obsessed with her.

It was just a brief thing, but always appreciated

Yep. He just doesn't angst and agonize over it like some people.

Gotta love merch~

I know. Too rich for my blood.

It's one of these. They are adorable, but I'm not spending that much coin on one yet.
Not a very healthy obsession, though!

Exactly, gotta love all the little moments we get.

Yup, can't believe Lina just doesn't understand it for 100%!

*pat pat* That's too bad :(

THE FILIA FIGURINE THOUGH. <3 And god the Xellos one is wearing a smile. Goshgosh.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Fili sounds cute :3

It really is, because it's not like how Lina acts (Because she barely every calls somebody Miss/Mister, does she?) . I'm pretty sure they both feel too worthy to call each other Miss/Mister :p

I prefer the spelling of Filly better. It's just as cute, but it has the added benefit (at least as far as Xellos is concerned) of being mildly insulting :p

Yep. I think she gives honorifics to important folk like Prince Phil and people that she's working for, but that's pretty much it. But it's not like Xellos and Filia who give nearly everyone that respect, but not each other.

...Though I do also think that both of them refer to Valgaav without a title... at least in the dub.

Not a very healthy obsession, though!

Exactly, gotta love all the little moments we get.

Yup, can't believe Lina just doesn't understand it for 100%!

*pat pat* That's too bad

THE FILIA FIGURINE THOUGH. <3 And god the Xellos one is wearing a smile. Goshgosh.

XD No... they could certainly do themselves less mental damage if they just accepted how they felt about each other instead of fighting it.

Yep, yep. I've read a bit more, and I don't have anything shippy to report. However, I am happy to say that Amelia has just appeared! Yay! ...Now we just need Zelgadis to come in by some extreme coincidence :D

Well, Lina's pretty young and not super mature when it comes to love. I don't blame her for being a little reticent.

It's a-dor-a-ble! I know there's also a Lina-figure/Gourry-mini-figure combo out there (not on auction right now, but I've seen them in the past). Interesting that we have that pattern repeated of female protagonist + mini-love interest :p

Status
Not open for further replies.