• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
I prefer the spelling of Filly better. It's just as cute, but it has the added benefit (at least as far as Xellos is concerned) of being mildly insulting :p

Yep. I think she gives honorifics to important folk like Prince Phil and people that she's working for, but that's pretty much it. But it's not like Xellos and Filia who give nearly everyone that respect, but not each other.

...Though I do also think that both of them refer to Valgaav without a title... at least in the dub.
Filly sounds really cute yes. It would be a nice teasing name ^_^

Exactly, exactly, they just feel too good for each other to refer them with 'Miss/Mister'.

I'm not really sure about that, I'm sorry D: (I THINK they don't use it, but I'm not really sure :c)

XD No... they could certainly do themselves less mental damage if they just accepted how they felt about each other instead of fighting it.

Yep, yep. I've read a bit more, and I don't have anything shippy to report. However, I am happy to say that Amelia has just appeared! Yay! ...Now we just need Zelgadis to come in by some extreme coincidence

Well, Lina's pretty young and not super mature when it comes to love. I don't blame her for being a little reticent.

It's a-dor-a-ble! I know there's also a Lina-figure/Gourry-mini-figure combo out there (not on auction right now, but I've seen them in the past). Interesting that we have that pattern repeated of female protagonist + mini-love interest :p
Yeah... They make it s hard towards each other even though it's so obvious!

Hooray! Zelmel guaranteed!

Yeah... But still... If she only knew how much Gourry wants to protect her.

OHHHH. I WANT. Is there a Amelia + mini Zel too? :p

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Filly sounds really cute yes. It would be a nice teasing name ^_^

Exactly, exactly, they just feel too good for each other to refer them with 'Miss/Mister'.

I'm not really sure about that, I'm sorry D: (I THINK they don't use it, but I'm not really sure :c)

Certainy! Plus, Xellos is secretly a My Little Pony fan.

Yep, and as usual in this show of disrespect, I gotta be most surprised at Xellos. He really shouldn't be letting some fledgling of a dragon make him so upset and flustered, but he does :p

Funny considering well... the interpretation that makes them practically family.

Yeah... They make it s hard towards each other even though it's so obvious!

Hooray! Zelmel guaranteed!

Yeah... But still... If she only knew how much Gourry wants to protect her.

OHHHH. I WANT. Is there a Amelia + mini Zel too? :p

I love the idea of the other Slayers characters being aware of it before Xellos and Filia are. I kinda think they might have been aware of it during Try. I have to wonder what they'd think of it...

If only he'd appear...

Well, Knight of the Aqualord updates on the Lina/Gourry front anyway. There were two things I noticed in the last chapter I read.

1. Lina was sleeping and Gourry leaned down and asked if she was okay... like really really close. And she was all "!! *blush*" ...except then it turned out that the woman traveling with them who can do illusion magic was just playing a trick on her :0

2. All the characters are stating the reasons they want to fine the legendary "divine power" and when it comes to Gourry, he says: "Complicated stuff like this really isn't my thing, so I'll just go with whatever you think, Lina," and smiles at her. Then Lina calls him a sheep XD

I think in some ways she does... but she purposefully doesn't examine it too much because she likes the status quo.

I haven't seen one, but there might be.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Certainy! Plus, Xellos is secretly a My Little Pony fan.

Yep, and as usual in this show of disrespect, I gotta be most surprised at Xellos. He really shouldn't be letting some fledgling of a dragon make him so upset and flustered, but he does :p

Funny considering well... the interpretation that makes them practically family.
He sure is, I bet he has a pony named Filly!

Exactly, well, we can see what he does... He sure 'dislikes' her so much he forgets to call her Miss!

I love the idea of the other Slayers characters being aware of it before Xellos and Filia are. I kinda think they might have been aware of it during Try. I have to wonder what they'd think of it...

If only he'd appear...

Well, Knight of the Aqualord updates on the Lina/Gourry front anyway. There were two things I noticed in the last chapter I read.

1. Lina was sleeping and Gourry leaned down and asked if she was okay... like really really close. And she was all "!! *blush*" ...except then it turned out that the woman traveling with them who can do illusion magic was just playing a trick on her :0

2. All the characters are stating the reasons they want to fine the legendary "divine power" and when it comes to Gourry, he says: "Complicated stuff like this really isn't my thing, so I'll just go with whatever you think, Lina," and smiles at her. Then Lina calls him a sheep XD

I think in some ways she does... but she purposefully doesn't examine it too much because she likes the status quo.

I haven't seen one, but there might be.
I'm sure they are, they are fellow Xellia shippers. I'm sure they're aware of it, though.

He still hasn't appeared? That's too bad :c

1. AWWWWW That's so cute, but blah, the fact it was just an illusion is disappointing :p

2. That's really sweet too <3 Especially the fact she switched over for a moment from jellyfish to sheep XD

I hope there are. A little Zel + Amelia would be really cute, wouldn't it?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
He sure is, I bet he has a pony named Filly!

Exactly, well, we can see what he does... He sure 'dislikes' her so much he forgets to call her Miss!

Certainly at least a pony figurine. ...Though I've wanted for awhile to write a oneshot or a vignette where Xellos has a goldfish that he has insisted on naming Filia :p

And it shows how much she gets to him, really.

I'm sure they are, they are fellow Xellia shippers. I'm sure they're aware of it, though.

He still hasn't appeared? That's too bad :c

1. AWWWWW That's so cute, but blah, the fact it was just an illusion is disappointing :p

2. That's really sweet too <3 Especially the fact she switched over for a moment from jellyfish to sheep XD

I hope there are. A little Zel + Amelia would be really cute, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure if they'd ship them because... well, they might see it as something that could go very very wrong. I think even Amelia, the romantic of the group, might have some mixed emotions about it.

Sheep are cute but so are jellyfish!

It would be cute~ haven't seen one though.

I made a new Xellos/Filia avatar but I'm too lazy to upload it right now X_x

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Certainly at least a pony figurine. ...Though I've wanted for awhile to write a oneshot or a vignette where Xellos has a goldfish that he has insisted on naming Filia :p

And it shows how much she gets to him, really.
"I learned all kind of trics to Filia." OH GOODNESS!

Yup yup. She's pretty attached to use 1. a nickname or 2. Xellos without 'mister' :p

I'm not sure if they'd ship them because... well, they might see it as something that could go very very wrong. I think even Amelia, the romantic of the group, might have some mixed emotions about it.

Sheep are cute but so are jellyfish!

It would be cute~ haven't seen one though.

I made a new Xellos/Filia avatar but I'm too lazy to upload it right now X_x
I actually think they secretly are, but don't show it, because they could get seriously in a fight with them then :p

Gourry the Sheep/Jellyfish is really cute! <3 What do they call it? Shellyfish? Jelleep?

Hmmm... Maybe I should check the internet sometime for it. It sounds so sweet though, the Gourrina one too!

Awww :c I'd love to see it, though!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
"I learned all kind of trics to Filia." OH GOODNESS!

Yup yup. She's pretty attached to use 1. a nickname or 2. Xellos without 'mister' :p

"Gotta go give Filia her food-flakes!" "Time to change Filia's bowl!" :p

And he to her, of course. In fact, I think the lack of title is more of a statement from him than from her. Filia makes no bones about him not deserving polite treatment, but Xellos is generally more mature than that. Filia just turns him into a little kid.

I actually think they secretly are, but don't show it, because they could get seriously in a fight with them then :p

Gourry the Sheep/Jellyfish is really cute! <3 What do they call it? Shellyfish? Jelleep?

Hmmm... Maybe I should check the internet sometime for it. It sounds so sweet though, the Gourrina one too!

Awww :c I'd love to see it, though!

Well yes, Xellos and Filia certainly wouldn't be thrilled with the implication. Well... actually Lina's already made the implication at the shrine of marriage. "You look pretty compatible to me." I'm pretty damn sure Lina knows but she's not the type to butt in on those matters. Gourry might sense something because this is the kind of thing he occasionally notices before others. Amelia might pick up on it eventually but be rather confused about it before deciding that true love trumps all no matter who's involved. Zelgadis... if he does notice (he's not the greatest mind when it comes to love) he'd probably want nothing to do with so much ridiculousness.

Shellyfish sounds adorable.

Wish I could get one~

Well, here's the Xellos/Filia avatar I made:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_wilbmtwbf.gif[/img139]

Hurray for sticking unrelated images together!

And while this isn't necessarily a shipping avatar, I'm pretty sure Filia would (secretly) like it:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/drinkwine.gif[/img139]

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
"Gotta go give Filia her food-flakes!" "Time to change Filia's bowl!" :p

And he to her, of course. In fact, I think the lack of title is more of a statement from him than from her. Filia makes no bones about him not deserving polite treatment, but Xellos is generally more mature than that. Filia just turns him into a little kid.
XD "... And from that moment everyone thought Filia was absolutely insane."

Exactly, it's also special because Xellos is usually one of the most polite characters... But he stops being polite to Filia! :p

Well yes, Xellos and Filia certainly wouldn't be thrilled with the implication. Well... actually Lina's already made the implication at the shrine of marriage. "You look pretty compatible to me." I'm pretty damn sure Lina knows but she's not the type to butt in on those matters. Gourry might sense something because this is the kind of thing he occasionally notices before others. Amelia might pick up on it eventually but be rather confused about it before deciding that true love trumps all no matter who's involved. Zelgadis... if he does notice (he's not the greatest mind when it comes to love) he'd probably want nothing to do with so much ridiculousness.

Shellyfish sounds adorable.

Wish I could get one~

Well, here's the Xellos/Filia avatar I made:

Hurray for sticking unrelated images together!

And while this isn't necessarily a shipping avatar, I'm pretty sure Filia would (secretly) like it:
*nod nod* Well, if even Lina noticed it, it must be obvious. I actually think Gourry was one of the first to notice, followed by Amelia. Zelgadis probably knows it too (later on, though) but he won't show it because he doesn't care about it :p

I know! She should change the nickname more often!

Wish I could just see the Gourrina one, then I'd start wanting one :p

The first one is so mysterious! I don't know what to expect what will happen! The second one is <3 <3 <3. Xellos the sexy monster who drinks wine every now and then.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
GAH! I am incandescent with rage because I typed out a whole long post and it somehow deleted itself X_x I guess the only thing for it is to start again. *mutters darkly under breath*

XD "... And from that moment everyone thought Filia was absolutely insane."

Exactly, it's also special because Xellos is usually one of the most polite characters... But he stops being polite to Filia! :p

All according to Xellos's plan!

Yep, yep.

*nod nod* Well, if even Lina noticed it, it must be obvious. I actually think Gourry was one of the first to notice, followed by Amelia. Zelgadis probably knows it too (later on, though) but he won't show it because he doesn't care about it :p

I know! She should change the nickname more often!

Wish I could just see the Gourrina one, then I'd start wanting one :p

The first one is so mysterious! I don't know what to expect what will happen! The second one is <3 <3 <3. Xellos the sexy monster who drinks wine every now and then.

I don't think Lina's that oblivious when it comes to love, she's just uncomfortable involving herself in it. She's a keen observer of others and is very good and figuring out people's motives for doing things, so I think it wouldn't be too hard for her to spot a budding romance. Plus she's much closer to both Filia and Xellos then the rest of the cast is, so I think she'd be the first and not the last to notice it. ...She's kind of implied it on a few occasions too.

I'll keep an eye on eBay! (a dangerous and expensive proposition for me XP)

Xellos normally likes tea, but sexy wine is nice every so often ;)

Okay, I have a lot to talk about from the last chapter of Knight of the Aqualord that I read because it's pretty much entirely about Lina/Gourry.

First off, Lina and Gourry are seperated from the rest of the group in a forest and being attacked by monsters. At the end of the fight, Gourry kinda staggers over to Lina and collapses against her. With him sorta... draped on her, Lina's blushing and asking him if he's okay. He responds that he's "So hungry" to which she... of course, angrily kicks him over the horizon.

Then we cut back to the rest of the cast who are having this conversation:

Lyos: Where the heck did Lina and Gourry run off to anyway?
Shizuri: Oh, I don’t think we have to worry about those two. They’re probably off having plenty of fun without us around. ♥ (to Amelia) So what’s the deal with those two, anyway?
Amelia: They’ve stood together to exact retribution upon the countless evils of this world. You could call them the greatest adventurers in history!
Shizuri: …No, no, I’m talking about something completely different~ Are things between those guys pretty hot or what?
Amelia: *sweatdrop* I… I couldn’t say. They don’t strike me as the kind of people who would really dwell on that sort of thing…
Shizuri: Aww… what a downer.
Lyos: *thinking* …I’ll never understand why chicks like talking about this kind of crap.
Amelia: …But I suppose if I had to put it one way… during the long time they’ve traveled side-by-side… they’ve formed a deep, unbreakable bond.

We then cut back to Lina who is looking for Gourry. Suddenly, she's attacked by monsters and Gourry jumps out to protect her. He's seriously, seriously injured because of that--he's literally skewered through his torso. Lina's horrified by this and knows that she can't heal him with recovery alone. She sends up a signal and hopes that Amelia (who can use resurrect) will see it.

Gourry's bleeding and dying and says, “Damn it… and here I promised to… always protect you, Lina…” You can tell it's just breaking Lina's heart.

BUT THEN--he strikes! It turns out it wasn't Gourry at all, but a demon taking his form and getting Lina's guard down so he could kill and eat her. He says: "Who am I? I looked deep into your heart and shaped myself into the form of the person most important to you."

Lina is ENRAGED by this and Dragon Slaves the thing into oblivion.

The rest of the gang shows up including Gourry (the real one). He says he was worried about her since he got sent so far ahead of them by her initial kick. He pats her on the head and says "I'm just glad to see you're okay."

Amelia remarks about the insidiousness of the trap the demons in the forest use--taking the forms of people's companions in order to devour them. Gourry says that while he was seperated from them he actually met a demon who tried to disguise itself as Lina.

Gourry: Yeah. She tried to tell me a lot of stuff… But… none of it sounded like anything you’d ever normally say, so I figured something was up.
Lina: *blush + b-bump of heartbeat* … that "me" you met back there… what did she tell you?
Gourry: Hm? Let’s see… I guess…
Lina: *blush + b-bump, b-bump, b-bump!*
Gourry: I forgot!

...Lina certainly wasn't pleased by this answer and yells at him. Gourry wonders why she'd want to know about something like that while Shizuri gives a knowing look. And that's where the chapter ends!

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
GAH! I am incandescent with rage because I typed out a whole long post and it somehow deleted itself X_x I guess the only thing for it is to start again. *mutters darkly under breath*
*pat pat* I'm sorry :( It happens quite often to me too.

All according to Xellos's plan!

Yep, yep.
It turned out exactly how Xellos wanted it to be!

I don't think Lina's that oblivious when it comes to love, she's just uncomfortable involving herself in it. She's a keen observer of others and is very good and figuring out people's motives for doing things, so I think it wouldn't be too hard for her to spot a budding romance. Plus she's much closer to both Filia and Xellos then the rest of the cast is, so I think she'd be the first and not the last to notice it. ...She's kind of implied it on a few occasions too.

I'll keep an eye on eBay! (a dangerous and expensive proposition for me XP)

Xellos normally likes tea, but sexy wine is nice every so often

Okay, I have a lot to talk about from the last chapter of Knight of the Aqualord that I read because it's pretty much entirely about Lina/Gourry.
Hmmm... Yeah... You're right. She's all like: "You must be really fond of each other *evil laugh*" to others but she's not so happy about it when it's about herself and Gourry :p

Hooray! (OH GOD I'm so lazy I'm so sorry :c)

He can drink both of them very, very sexy. ;)

The summary you just gave...
SO MANY EMOTIONS!!!

Okay, I'm sorry for above, but really, that's so sweet. The conversation between Lyos/Shizuri/Amelia is just like the conversation above about all the others seeing Xellos/Filia.

THAT STUPID DEMON! Poor Lina getting so terrified by a fake one.

*facepalm at the Gourry moment* I just hoped he'd say something but I should've known better because he's just being a Shellyfish Jellyfish again. :p Such a cute end, though. I really want to read it now!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Hmmm... Yeah... You're right. She's all like: "You must be really fond of each other *evil laugh*" to others but she's not so happy about it when it's about herself and Gourry :p

Hooray! (OH GOD I'm so lazy I'm so sorry :c)

He can drink both of them very, very sexy. ;)

Yep. And I have to wonder about her reaction if she saw that something was starting to happen (or going to happen) between Xellos and Filia, because Lina is the one that thinks about the ramifications of things (Zel too, but as I mentioned before, I doubt he'd want to even think about such 'ridiculousness'). From her perspective, something happening between them could either be bad or good. On the bad side: Xellos is not a good person. He's a monster and kinda, ya'know, feeds off people's fear, sorrow, and rage. There's no guarantee he'd make a good significant other and if that'd be the case then Filia'd suffer for it. BUT it could also be good. Xellos loving someone more than himself could have extremely redemptive qualities and turn his vast powers toward something that's actually positive. In the end, I think Lina would probably think it best not to interfere.

XD S'okay. Just gotta remember to occasionally trawl through eBay.

He can indeed! And Filia knows it!

The summary you just gave...
SO MANY EMOTIONS!!!

Okay, I'm sorry for above, but really, that's so sweet. The conversation between Lyos/Shizuri/Amelia is just like the conversation above about all the others seeing Xellos/Filia.

THAT STUPID DEMON! Poor Lina getting so terrified by a fake one.

*facepalm at the Gourry moment* I just hoped he'd say something but I should've known better because he's just being a Shellyfish Jellyfish again. :p Such a cute end, though. I really want to read it now!

XD I know, right? It was a great chapter!

I wish they had conversations like that among themselves more often~

It certainly says something that these predatory demons looked into both their hearts and saw each other as their 'most important person.' But then again, we already knew that.

I'm not entirely convinced that he actually forgot. Sometimes I think he uses that as an excuse to get out of certain conversations :p

Nothing to report on the L/G front from the last couple chapters of Aqualord that I read. It's been mostly going over Lyos's backstory. Though Lyos did get a Marshmallow Hell hug from Shizuri.

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Yep. And I have to wonder about her reaction if she saw that something was starting to happen (or going to happen) between Xellos and Filia, because Lina is the one that thinks about the ramifications of things (Zel too, but as I mentioned before, I doubt he'd want to even think about such 'ridiculousness'). From her perspective, something happening between them could either be bad or good. On the bad side: Xellos is not a good person. He's a monster and kinda, ya'know, feeds off people's fear, sorrow, and rage. There's no guarantee he'd make a good significant other and if that'd be the case then Filia'd suffer for it. BUT it could also be good. Xellos loving someone more than himself could have extremely redemptive qualities and turn his vast powers toward something that's actually positive. In the end, I think Lina would probably think it best not to interfere.

XD S'okay. Just gotta remember to occasionally trawl through eBay.

He can indeed! And Filia knows it!
*nod nod* Things will go as they're supposed to be, after all. I think Lina wouldn't really mind it if they got together. At first, she'd be like (as everyone): "Oh, that's good news." but I don't think she'll be really surprised, nor will be she be with Zel/Amelia, I think. I mean, it's really obvious already, it wouldn't make a huge chance, would it?
Like if something as Xellos/Zelgadis would happen then-- *shot*

She's just sitting there like:
*corner of her eye* I see what you did there!

XD I know, right? It was a great chapter!

I wish they had conversations like that among themselves more often~

It certainly says something that these predatory demons looked into both their hearts and saw each other as their 'most important person.' But then again, we already knew that.

I'm not entirely convinced that he actually forgot. Sometimes I think he uses that as an excuse to get out of certain conversations :p

Nothing to report on the L/G front from the last couple chapters of Aqualord that I read. It's been mostly going over Lyos's backstory. Though Lyos did get a Marshmallow Hell hug from Shizuri.
I can believe that from what you said! It sounds really awesome and so shippy!.

A few cute ones between Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia would be a really good start!

... Secretly, we do, and I'm sure Lina does too even though she rather says she doesn't know :p

I'm pretty sure he'd also be afraid of her reaction, but this reaction wasn't really good either!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
*nod nod* Things will go as they're supposed to be, after all. I think Lina wouldn't really mind it if they got together. At first, she'd be like (as everyone): "Oh, that's good news." but I don't think she'll be really surprised, nor will be she be with Zel/Amelia, I think. I mean, it's really obvious already, it wouldn't make a huge chance, would it?
Like if something as Xellos/Zelgadis would happen then-- *shot*

She's just sitting there like:
*corner of her eye* I see what you did there!

I don't think everyone would exactly think of it as good news. They're not really the "congratulations, you've found looooove~" type except for Amelia and even she might have difficulty with this one. I think, even if they suspected that Xellos liked Filia or that Filia liked Xellos, the reaction to them actually doing something about it and admitting it would be something more along the lines of "WHAT?" XD Sorry, as much as I think they see that there's more to what Xellos and Filia feel for each other than what they say, I just can't see our intrepid group of travelers being blase about a demon and dragon actually getting together.

But with Zelgadis/Amelia? Yeah, I definitely don't think Lina would be surprised.

XD She'd probably take it personally. "You're being sexy just to annoy me!"

I can believe that from what you said! It sounds really awesome and so shippy!.

A few cute ones between Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia would be a really good start!

... Secretly, we do, and I'm sure Lina does too even though she rather says she doesn't know :p

I'm pretty sure he'd also be afraid of her reaction, but this reaction wasn't really good either!

It was good~<3 Hope there's another like it down the line.

It's pretty telling that Lina decided not to share 'the finer details' of what happened during her confrontation with fake!Gourry with everyone else. It pretty much confesses that she betrayed more emotion than she was comfortable with.

Well, certainly he could have a feeling that relating what fake!Lina said to him could be embarrassing to real Lina, and rather have her angry than embarrassed.

Team Galactic Lv.X

Master Cyrus
All this Amelia and Zelgadis talk reminds we of the Slayers Try episode where they had to be put in teams based on their compatibility, but because Jillas was using psychological warfare against them, he put them all in inappropriate teams (except Xellos and Fillia, which was funny, because they instantly refused. Xellos vanished, and Filia was left outside the temple,) Amelia was teamed with Gourry, and noticed she was acting "like a brat", while Zelgadis and Lina were in the other team. They got along okay, but there wasn't much interaction. Lina eventually got upset with Amelia when Gourry got lost. It shows who was meant to be with who.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
First of all: Hurray! Another Slayers fan! *pounces*

Second of all: That's one of my favorite episodes for obvious reasons. I love how self-aware Amelia gets about her feelings in that because. At first she thinks she's upset because, Lina/Gourry shipper that she is, she feels that Lina should be paired up with Gourry, but she's really upset because she wanted to be paired up with Zelgadis.

And I love how upset Lina becomes when Gourry gets, shall we say... misplaced. AND how, when the argument starts, Zelgadis is pretty darn quick to side with Amelia.

...And of course the wonderful, excellent Xellos/Filia side to all of this. No one makes Xellos act like a child but Filia :p

kayiko

-New yaay-

Hello everyone! I'm new here and found this place magically by accident. I did my very very best to read all the comments here, and If i missed any and will repeat something someone else said, please forgive me.

I am a huge A/Z shipper. L/G are my second, and though the idea of Xelloss and Filia is really fun to think about, I have a very hard time believing they could be a couple like the others are. Because of what Xelloss is. Any warm, good feelings like love, hurt mazoku. Xelloss honestly can't fall in love with anyone. It would probably kill him if he does. BUT!! Before you guys get mad, I said that I don't think those two could be a couple like the others can. The type of couple we might understand. Xelloss can never love Filia in the way Gourry and Lina love each other. Or Zel and Amelia. He likes her best out of everyone, because out of everyone, Filia is able to give off the most negative amount of energy. And negative energy are what mazoku's enjoy the most. He teases her, plays with her, flirts with her, all people he knows it drives her up the wall, and causes her to give him massive amounts of negative energy. Xelloss's ties to the others is done so mostly because he has been ordered to be around them. I can't see Xelloss seeking out Lina or the others for their company when he gets down time to himself. However, I can see him seeking Filia. More then anything.. Xelloss loves to toy with everyone in a way that usually ends badly for those people. Mostly because he just adores pissing people off and making them angry. Who is he able to make angry the most? Poor Filia. if Xelloss could love anything about Filia, it's that he loves being able to piss her off so easily. Making her mad makes him happy. Her side of it though.. it's unclear. She seems pretty angered by him. However, Filia is a good person deep down.. and even when Xelloss gets hurt, she is to nice to not want to help. I can see her forming a strange fondness for him down the road.. Anyways.. thats just how I see those two really.

ON TO MY NEXT TOPIC!
I read that a lot of people were disappointed in the lack of shipping moments from Revo and Evo-R. Actually, there is quite a lot of them. You just have to watch it and not expect the moments to scream out at you, like maybe they did in NEXT. But trust me.. they are there!

Zel and Amelia shipper moments-
I will point out the "not so obvious, but staring you in the face the entire time" moments. The entire anime is the moment. In the past 3 series, at times Amelia could make Zel feel a bit uncomfortable and uneasy. There is almost none of that uncomfortableness in the new seasons. In fact, their bond seems to grown so close, that it can be comparable with the bond Lina and Gourry share for each other.(Right down to the point where they inflict violence on each other and get away with it) If you love the episodes in NEXT where Amelia and Zel part ways from Lina and Gourry, and in TRY when they stick together in the Alto, Barotone episodes, then you should love the new seasons. Zelgadis and Amelia practically do -everything- together now. It's kind of clear to see that Zel has formed an even deeper fondness for Amelia. As she seems to be able to get away with -a lot- when it comes to him. Zel almost always says "we" when it comes to fighting.. instead of "I". Like "We'll stay here.." There seems to be an unspoken understanding that they will stick together in a fight, no mater what. They fight together and actually feed off each other when they fight. zel will use a spell to power Amelia up, so her attack will be more dramatic. They are usually at the same table together. Or at least sitting next to each other when at a table with the others. Zel drops his guard around her now, and is very comfortable and at ease in her company. However! he has his moments where he fails big time at being her bodyguard. In an episode of Evo-R.. the gang gets trapped by a mudslide, and though Gourry is able to think fast and save Lina, Zel isn't as quick since Amelia has started to lag behind tending to Nama. (new charrie in the series.. she is AWESOME) He screams her name, alarmed when he realizes she will be swept away. And she is. Getting separated from everyone because of it. Zel seems pretty bothered by the fact that it happened. Didn't expect it to happen. Amelia gets herself into trouble big time, twice. Nearly dying. And Zel is -not- happy watching it happening right in front of him. He gets protective. IF you are looking for MAJOR shipping moments.. two come to mind. One, is in Revo, 3rd episode where the gang is trying to recover lost pets. The gang is attacked by something while in a lil boat, and you see Zel has his hand protectively on Amelia's shoulder. The next one is hard to spot however it's awesome! It's in Evo-R 5th episode. The gang is inspecting a spooky tower... and Amelia is a bit scared cause she doesn't do good with spooky things. Half way through exploring, you can tell she is clinging on Zel's arm as they continue walking. If you aren't looking for it, then you will probably miss it. The close up shots on them imply that she might be holding onto him, but she could just be leaning in. But when they walk into a room durning a wide angle frame, you can clearly see Amelia is holding onto Zel's arm. When you notice that.. then go back and look at the close up shots again just before it, you can tell Amelia is holding onto him. Best part is.. Zel is totally ok about it! Isn't bothered, or looks uncomfortable at all. He seems to be perfectly ok with Amelia clinging to him. Really fun when you spot that! A couple of other good bits too like the chess playing scene.. etc. If you like the closeness between Lina and Gourry, then you will love Zel and Amelia because their friendship/relationship is as close as Lina and Gourrys now. So you wont get the cute blush moments like in NEXT. It is clear that they have moved past that stage, and are so very comfortable with each other. After watching it.. i have to say that i feel like Lina is no longer Amelia's best friend. Zelgadis clearly is now. And he seems perfectly fine and comfortable with it as well.

As for Lina and Gourry, yes they have moments too! BIG moments. In fact the entire fish soap opera episode in Evo-R is all about Lina's feelings for Gourry. Must like how the last episodes of NEXT touched on Lina's feelings for Gourry not being around. There are other moments too. Like Gourry thinking Lina will have to spend years in jail, and he professes that it doesn't mater how long, he would wait for her. In a dramatic, confessing way. She blushes and makes a cute face.. Then he says something that causes her to kick him. hahaha. Later some woman talks about making Gourry her husband, and Lina gets distracting in her fight due over hearing this news. Clearly bothered by it. Pocota saves Gourry's life, and Lina is very thankful and happy about it. There are waaaay more Lina and Gourry moments in the new seasons then in TRY. Which is speaking a lot.

Something else happens in an episode that tugged at my heart in a friendship way. Sometimes we shippers focus a lot on the main couples so much, that we might over look, or miss really great examples of friendship. The part I loved is in the 6th episode of Evo-R, Amelia and Zel get attacked. With Zel unable to be the princess protector, Gourry becomes very very protective of Amelia. Mazoku tells Amelia that she will enjoy killing her slowly, and Gourry yells "Like we'd let you do that!" And attacks the mazoku that's attacking Amelia. The rest of the time after that, he stays by Amelia's side and holds her because she was hurt and weak by the attack. I am not a Gourry/Amelia romantic shipper, however i AM a shipper for close friendships.. and we can all agree that Gourry and Amelia have a big brother, little sister friendship. And I love that! And I love when they have the gang break from the norm, and show us their bonds as friends. I actually wish Amelia and Lina would pair off more, so we can see how close they are as friends without the boys around. We don't get to see that much. NEXT had a couple moments where the girls were alone together. And I loved watching them just be close friends.

AND LASTLY!.. For those of you who don't really like the episodes in TRY when the gang got separated for a couple episodes. There are moments there that actually touch in on some shippyness. I noticed it more from Zel then anyone. He seems to be bothered at Amelia not being around. In the ghost ship episode, Zel, who usually will go along with whatever silly adventures the group gets sucked into, actually chooses to NOT partake in the none sense that Lina and Filia are faced with. Mind you, he's on a ship. Not like he can just wonder off to go looking for hints to his cure. He's stuck on a ship. Why not just sign and then partake in the silliness the girls have to take part in? No, he goes off on his own and becomes somber. Finds a guitar, and plays a depressing song. I have a feeling if Amelia had been there, he would have stayed and joined in with whatever **** they were getting into. The episode after that one, Filia is trying to use her shrine maiden powers to predict where Amelia and Gourry are... and she seems to be taking far to long for Zelgadis. He becomes impatient and snappy about trying to find Amelia, (and Gourry too) Lina even remarks about how not to worry, they were probably fine. Zel snaps back. "Knowing them, they are probably getting into some kind of trouble" Clearly he is more worried about it then Lina seems to be. Since he is being snappy with Lina, and annoyed with Filia is taking to long figuring out the hints her predictions are telling her. hahaha he just wants Amelia back. That's how I see it.

Ok. .that's all.. SO SORRY for the long rant!

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Welcome, welcome, welcome to the thread! No worries if our opinions don't always match. I'm just glad to see more fans of Slayers shipping here :D

As for the issue of Xellos/Filia, of course that's a perfectly viable interpretation of their relationship. Mine's obviously a bit different, of course. I think you've described some good ways in which they could be at least 'fond' of each other, or at least you could see Filia being fond of him. But I say Xellos can be fond of her too for more than just, y'know... food. She's easy to piss off, but she can also piss him off which makes her somewhat more of a challenge and more complicated a person to be with than someone he can just push around and laugh at. He's saved her life on at least two occasions (one of which he made up a really poor excuse for which makes it even more suspicious. Perhaps the most telling clue in the fandom.), her caring for him when he was wounded seemed to surprise and perhaps even touch him, and their exchange with each other at the end of the series certainly seems to strike a chord of fondness between the two. And as far as I'm concerned, if Xellos can be fond of her than love is only a matter of degrees from there. Filia can hate, and Xellos can love. These may not be characteristics that either of their races encourage, but they exist within them.

As for positive feelings hurting monsters, that's another iffy point. See, in the anime at least, this has only ever been used as a comedic moment ala the 'fight' between Xellos and Amelia, Zelgadis, and Gourry which was utterly hilarious but how serious are we meant to take it? When Lina received her letter from Luna at the beginning of Try she managed to construct a pyramid, encase herself in a coffin, and lower herself into the ground in a matter of moments. ...Are we meant to believe that Lina has mad pyramid construction skills? I don't think so. It was a moment that was exaggerated for comedy, as was the happy song hurting Xellos thing. I mean, think about it: Xellos is a very high level monster. If he can be any more than mildly annoyed by extreme joy than I'd be very surprised because that's a crazy weakness to have. Added to that, Xellos has been around during plenty of happy moments and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. If he really was hurt by happiness that much then he'd probably faint dead away every time Lina saw a roasted chicken because that is joy out of control :p

There's also the fact that love itself is a complicated emotion. It's not all positivity there.

It was nice how Zelgadis and Amelia hung out a lot with each other during Revo/Evo-R, but I was honestly expecting a little bit more after he started carrying around her bracelet and everything. That seems like a big step forward leading them from friendship to love. Whereas the hanging out together thing... seems like they're still stuck in the friendship thing. I mean, it's great and I think there are feelings behind it and all, but it's not much of a step forward. If Revo/Evo-R happened before Try (which I suppose woudn't make much sense, but I'm just talking about the moments in the relationship) then it would've been fine progression-wise. As it was, I found it a little bit weak. There were a lot of opportunities to put in stronger hints that they missed.

Yep, yep, yep. There were quite a few really cute Lina/Gourry moments in Revo/Evo-R. I don't think anything touches the end of Next, but... then again... what could?

I hadn't really thought of Zelgadis's impatience during the later Try filler arc as having to do with missing Amelia. I thought it was just usual Zel impatience. But it certainly could be. Then again, I have heard that the director of Try was both a big Zelgadis fanboy and a Zelgadis/Lina fan. Which makes so much sense and yet so little sense. There are a few little attempts at the pairing, but I think Zelgadis/Amelia comes out way stronger in Try.

AbsolXWolf

*sneaks around with shifty eyes* My, my, my. What have we here? Slayers shipping? I can do that.

As for positive feelings hurting monsters, that's another iffy point. See, in the anime at least, this has only ever been used as a comedic moment ala the 'fight' between Xellos and Amelia, Zelgadis, and Gourry which was utterly hilarious but how serious are we meant to take it? When Lina received her letter from Luna at the beginning of Try she managed to construct a pyramid, encase herself in a coffin, and lower herself into the ground in a matter of moments. ...Are we meant to believe that Lina has mad pyramid construction skills? I don't think so. It was a moment that was exaggerated for comedy, as was the happy song hurting Xellos thing. I mean, think about it: Xellos is a very high level monster. If he can be any more than mildly annoyed by extreme joy than I'd be very surprised because that's a crazy weakness to have. Added to that, Xellos has been around during plenty of happy moments and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. If he really was hurt by happiness that much then he'd probably faint dead away every time Lina saw a roasted chicken because that is joy out of control :p
Xellos was only in pain because the urge to keep his cool and not face-palm during that scene must have been excruciating. Amelia sang that funny song of hers before in the episode they found out he was a monster, and he only ever looked a little uncomfortable. It was very likely he was trying to find a way to say "Er...Amelia...That doesn't actually affect me..."
EDIT: He could also have been faking, to make the party feel like they have a weapon against him. Plus, when they faced off against Xellos in REVOLUTION, they never botered to try the song tactic so....

As for my Slayers shippings...they're a little complicated. You see, my favorite character happens to be Xellos. HE AMUSES ME TO NO END. A little ironic, I know, to be amused by a character whose hobby is to reap amusement from other characters. As a result, I enjoy any interaction that involves him (and that is the only reason I put up with Martina in most of NEXT. I usually can't stand her). That being said, I am rather Xellos/Filia because their interactions are the funniest so far to me. There is nothing more enjoyable than watching a couple whose idea of foreplay communication involves insulting each other.

Lina and Gourry were practically made for each other from the bottom up. And it's canon (I think?). While I'm not a die hard fan of this shipping, I do find their slapdash ways refreshing.

Amelia/Zel: I rather like this pairing. A super optimist trying to get the attention of a man who would rather sit in a corner and be emo appeals to me somehow.

Martina/Zangulus:I couldn't stand how Martina fell in love with any walking thing that declared itself male. I also couldn't stand how she tried to makee stupid attempts at stopping the party. When she fell out of love with Xellos, I was rather pleased she fell in love with Zangulus and we never saw them again! So I guess I support this shipping only because it keeps her out of hair of other male characters. (And I mean this quite literally, for those of you who remember her combing Xellos' hair in the country of females episode)

Don't really care much for any other shipping that I can think of. (Goes back to reading through these posts)

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
*sneaks around with shifty eyes* My, my, my. What have we here? Slayers shipping? I can do that.

*fist pump*

Xellos was only in pain because the urge to keep his cool and not face-palm during that scene must have been excruciating. Amelia sang that funny song of hers before in the episode they found out he was a monster, and he only ever looked a little uncomfortable. It was very likely he was trying to find a way to say "Er...Amelia...That doesn't actually affect me..."
EDIT: He could also have been faking, to make the party feel like they have a weapon against him. Plus, when they faced off against Xellos in REVOLUTION, they never botered to try the song tactic so....

That's a good point. I mean, it's basically been pointed out by Lina in I think both the anime and the novels that Amelia's justice speeches are a somewhat uncomfortable experience for everyone. I don't think Xellos's reaction is too much stronger than the group embarrassment.

They should've brought Filia along in Revolution. She could've been their secret weapon :3

As for my Slayers shippings...they're a little complicated. You see, my favorite character happens to be Xellos. HE AMUSES ME TO NO END. A little ironic, I know, to be amused by a character whose hobby is to reap amusement from other characters. As a result, I enjoy any interaction that involves him (and that is the only reason I put up with Martina in most of NEXT. I usually can't stand her). That being said, I am rather Xellos/Filia because their interactions are the funniest so far to me. There is nothing more enjoyable than watching a couple whose idea of foreplay communication involves insulting each other.

XD It seems like everyone likes Xellos, even those who don't like Xellos (paradoxically). He's just such an interesting character. And I think Filia makes him even more interesting. I wish they'd bring her back... what they bring out in each other is really something to see.

Lina and Gourry were practically made for each other from the bottom up. And it's canon (I think?). While I'm not a die hard fan of this shipping, I do find their slapdash ways refreshing.

I'd say it's canon. *cough* NEXT *cough* And it was the only pair that got any really heavy-handed hints in Revolution/Evolution-R.

Amelia/Zel: I rather like this pairing. A super optimist trying to get the attention of a man who would rather sit in a corner and be emo appeals to me somehow.

In the audio commentary of the Premium OVA (*people point at me and shout "NERD!"*) Crispin Freeman refers to them as the pairing of 'the ultimate optimist and the ultimate grouch' :p

Martina/Zangulus:I couldn't stand how Martina fell in love with any walking thing that declared itself male. I also couldn't stand how she tried to makee stupid attempts at stopping the party. When she fell out of love with Xellos, I was rather pleased she fell in love with Zangulus and we never saw them again! So I guess I support this shipping only because it keeps her out of hair of other male characters. (And I mean this quite literally, for those of you who remember her combing Xellos' hair in the country of females episode)

I have to tell you that I laughed at 'walking thing that declared itself male' because XELLOS. I never really minded Martina, but I can see why she'd annoy people.

...Also, Filia would be so jealous if she found out that Martina got to touch Xellos's hair.

AbsolXWolf

I finished all of my midterms...only for them to throw a paper at me! I mean, come ON! School is cruel, but life is wonderful...lol

I don't think Xellos's reaction is too much stronger than the group embarrassment.

There's another possibility: He might not have had any desire to fight them at the time because he was just waiting for an opening to get the last weapon. Buuuuuut....well a high-ranking monster like him couldn't very well admit that now can he? The humans might get the impression that he was on their side or that he was soft or something ridiculous like that. You noticed how he pretended to be oh-so-terribly-weak while Amelia strangle held him...only for him to see an opening, smile, and phase behind Lina as though he was perfectly healthy.

They should've brought Filia along in Revolution. She could've been their secret weapon :3

Xellos: Well now, Miss Lina. Will you surrender peacefully?
Lina: Peace and I don't really get along...But hey! It's a good thing I brought an expert on the subject. Hey, Filia!
Xellos: ...Oh dear.

XD It seems like everyone likes Xellos, even those who don't like Xellos (paradoxically). He's just such an interesting character. And I think Filia makes him even more interesting. I wish they'd bring her back... what they bring out in each other is really something to see.

I heard he was supposed to only be in one arc of the anime, but because everyone liked him so much the creators extended his stay.

I'd say it's canon. *cough* NEXT *cough* And it was the only pair that got any really heavy-handed hints in Revolution/Evolution-R.

I was so sad to find out that just about all the original voice actors came back...except Xellos'

In the audio commentary of the Premium OVA (*people point at me and shout "NERD!"*) Crispin Freeman refers to them as the pairing of 'the ultimate optimist and the ultimate grouch' :p

But being a nerd is the best! DON'T HIDE FROM IT!!

I have to tell you that I laughed at 'walking thing that declared itself male' because XELLOS. I never really minded Martina, but I can see why she'd annoy people.

I'd like to think I'm funny, but I might just be humoring myself. (Pun intented)

I'd like to thank you for commenting your laugh becuase it's so hard to tell when you're online whether or not someone thinks you're funny or annoying. And I sincerely hope I'm not annoying you.

While we're on the subject of males, it's quite possible that monsters don't have a gender at all. I mean, think about it. Monsters are created, not born, and the whole point of gender is reproduction. So it could just be that monsters call themselves male or female because they prefer to be referred as such. And I don't really blame them. After all, the only gender-neutral term most languages have is "it", and who would want to be called an "it"? Plus, there's the whole "gotta pretend I'm human" bit, so there's another reason for taking a specific gender.

...Also, Filia would be so jealous if she found out that Martina got to touch Xellos's hair.

As much as I hate Martina, I'm DYING to know what would happen if her and Filia were stuck in a situation and Xellos popped up (if only to mess with them).

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I finished all of my midterms...only for them to throw a paper at me! I mean, come ON! School is cruel, but life is wonderful...lol

I'm hitting second half of term woes right now myself. Too many projects due!

There's another possibility: He might not have had any desire to fight them at the time because he was just waiting for an opening to get the last weapon. Buuuuuut....well a high-ranking monster like him couldn't very well admit that now can he? The humans might get the impression that he was on their side or that he was soft or something ridiculous like that. You noticed how he pretended to be oh-so-terribly-weak while Amelia strangle held him...only for him to see an opening, smile, and phase behind Lina as though he was perfectly healthy.

It's certainly possible. And I doubt he'd want to fight any of the Slayers too seriously unless he really had to. After all, if he kills them, he can use them anymore! Even in the fight in Revolution he had kiddie gloves on.

Xellos: Well now, Miss Lina. Will you surrender peacefully?
Lina: Peace and I don't really get along...But hey! It's a good thing I brought an expert on the subject. Hey, Filia!
Xellos: ...Oh dear.

XD If I was Lina, I'd seriously consider this!

I heard he was supposed to only be in one arc of the anime, but because everyone liked him so much the creators extended his stay.

Could be. I've only read the novels out in America and he largely appeared in the Gaav and Hellmaster centered episodes, so that's all around Next. I even heard that they'd considered making a season wherein he was the main character.

I was so sad to find out that just about all the original voice actors came back...except Xellos'

I was sad too, but I know a lot of people were rejoicing. David Moo's rendition rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I've always liked his brand of nasal evil. Not that the new guy is bad or anything, I think he did just fine but... not the same.

But being a nerd is the best! DON'T HIDE FROM IT!!

Oh trust me, I accept it!

I'd like to think I'm funny, but I might just be humoring myself. (Pun intented)

I'd like to thank you for commenting your laugh becuase it's so hard to tell when you're online whether or not someone thinks you're funny or annoying. And I sincerely hope I'm not annoying you.

While we're on the subject of males, it's quite possible that monsters don't have a gender at all. I mean, think about it. Monsters are created, not born, and the whole point of gender is reproduction. So it could just be that monsters call themselves male or female because they prefer to be referred as such. And I don't really blame them. After all, the only gender-neutral term most languages have is "it", and who would want to be called an "it"? Plus, there's the whole "gotta pretend I'm human" bit, so there's another reason for taking a specific gender.

Oh, trust me, you're not annoying me! I'm actually thrilled to pieces that you're posting here--I have no one to talk to about Slayers most of the time.

Well, there's a difference between sex and gender. KanzakaDex says that monsters are genderless, but I've got to quibble with that. In their astral forms they are biologically sexless, yes, but gender refers to a mental state. Then again, that's a binary that probably doesn't exist among monsters, so male and female traits certainly exist. Nevertheless, when they manifest a physical body they certainly choose one gender to act out--which says something about where they stand on the gender spectrum. Even higher ups that don't seem to do much interacting with humans (at least that we see) like Lord Beastmaster take on a gender. They certainly fit themselves into the gendered world of mortals easy enough and it must feed into how they view themselves.

...But we're treading on very thin ice here. Leave me to my own devices and this conversation could devolve into one about Xellos's... staff. :p

As much as I hate Martina, I'm DYING to know what would happen if her and Filia were stuck in a situation and Xellos popped up (if only to mess with them).

I've shoehorned Martina into cameos in two of my fanfics just to make the two of them meet because the possibilities are ENDLESSLY FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.