• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsolXWolf

EDIT: I must apologize for the errors in grammar and spelling. I think I've fixed them.

It's certainly possible. And I doubt he'd want to fight any of the Slayers too seriously unless he really had to. After all, if he kills them, he can use them anymore! Even in the fight in Revolution he had kiddie gloves on.

Yes, he definitely wasn't fighting seriously (he did say he was only going to get "somewhat serious" in the sub). I mean, ram a few of them into walls...he did a lot more to Valgaav. And he didn't even touch Lina, Amelia, or the..er...stuffed...animal...thing (even though he had plenty of chances to), he just blocked their attacks.

That leaves me to wonder if he prefers to take the sidelines unless he feels there's no other way around it. Manipulating people into doing things for him provide him much more amusement, it seems, than actually taking action himself. Of course, it could just be my imagination, and that the only reason he takes the sidelines half the time is because he's usually in a diplomatic position that keeps him from doing so.

Could be. I've only read the novels out in America and he largely appeared in the Gaav and Hellmaster centered episodes, so that's all around Next. I even heard that they'd considered making a season wherein he was the main character.

I have only one word for this: YES

In fact, they should call it: Slayers YES

I was sad too, but I know a lot of people were rejoicing. David Moo's rendition rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I've always liked his brand of nasal evil. Not that the new guy is bad or anything, I think he did just fine but... not the same.

I was a little put off by his voice when I first starting watching, but voice dubs are one of those things that rub off on you. And then end up missing them when they're gone. I've only ever watched the sub episodes of thee new series so I haven't heard this new guy yet.

Oh, trust me, you're not annoying me! I'm actually thrilled to pieces that you're posting here--I have no one to talk to about Slayers most of the time.

I'm very happy that you don't find me annoying. (I'm a sad, sad person looking for attention. And the only way I can do this is by making people laugh...I hope?). A lot of people on fanfiction seem to like your work. Do they never bother to talk to you?

In their astral forms they are biologically sexless, yes, but gender refers to a mental state. Then again, that's a binary that probably doesn't exist among monsters, so male and female traits certainly exist. Nevertheless, when they manifest a physical body they certainly choose one gender to act out--which says something about where they stand on the gender spectrum. Even higher ups that don't seem to do much interacting with humans (at least that we see) like Lord Beastmaster take on a gender. They certainly fit themselves into the gendered world of mortals easy enough and it must feed into how they view themselves.

...But we're treading on very thin ice here. Leave me to my own devices and this conversation could devolve into one about Xellos's... staff. :p

I wouldn't doubt that they think of themselves as male or female. I was just pointing out that, in actuality, they don't have sex (except in your fanfiction...joking, joking). I meant it as in their bodies are sexless.

Sorry! ^ ^; I tend to get a little too into things.

Either my mind is deathly holed in a gutter or that reference is a little dirty...
I've shoehorned Martina into cameos in two of my fanfics just to make the two of them meet because the possibilities are ENDLESSLY FUN!

SO much left for me to review...

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yes, he definitely wasn't fighting seriously (he did say he was only going to get "somewhat serious" in the sub). I mean, ram a few of them into walls...he did a lot more to Valgaav. And he didn't even touch Lina, Amelia, or the..er...stuffed...animal...thing (even though he had plenty of chances to), he just blocked their attacks.

That leaves me to wonder if he prefers to take the sidelines unless he feels there's no other way around it. Manipulating people into doing things for him provide him much more amusement, it seems, than actually taking action himself. Of course, it could just be my imagination, and that the only reason he takes the sidelines half the time is because he's usually in a diplomatic position that keeps him from doing so.

He seems to prefer solving things without resorting to violence--which is generally odd for a monster. I think there are probably a lot of reasons for this, one of which being that solving things with his brain instead of his brawn makes him feel smarter--it certainly seems to make him feel less base. For a monster, pain is their food, so going all out sadistic (like he did on Valgaav) would mean bringing himself down to his lowest instincts. Added to that, it seems like his strategy is not to throw things out if they can still be useful.

I have only one word for this: YES

In fact, they should call it: Slayers YES

Really? I'm not sure... it could be good, but one of the reasons Xellos is so awesome is that he's mysterious. If he was the main character there wouldn't be as much mystery.

...Still, I'd sign on in a heartbeat if Filia would be there too.

I was a little put off by his voice when I first starting watching, but voice dubs are one of those things that rub off on you. And then end up missing them when they're gone. I've only ever watched the sub episodes of thee new series so I haven't heard this new guy yet.

I'm sure I was too, but it grew on me. In fact... the same could be said about Xellos's character. It's hard to know what to think of him at first.

I'm very happy that you don't find me annoying. (I'm a sad, sad person looking for attention. And the only way I can do this is by making people laugh...I hope?). A lot of people on fanfiction seem to like your work. Do they never bother to talk to you?

They do, but the only Slayers board I'm a member of is pretty inactive, so there's not much chance for extended discussion.

I wouldn't doubt that they think of themselves as male or female, I was just pointing out that, in actuality, don't have sex (except in your fanfiction...joking, joking). I meant it as in their bodies are sexless.

Sorry! ^ ^; I tend to get a little too into things.

Either my mind is deathly holed in a gutter or that reference is a little dirty...

At least in their astral bodies I'd agree, unless we're talking in a Freudian sexual imagery sense... in which case Xellos's real form is awfully suspicious... A giant cone that kills people by penetrating them? Do I even have to say anything?

It's not you ;_; it's my mind that's filthy.

SO much left for me to review...

XD Hurray! I'm thinking of starting a new fic soon too.

AbsolXWolf

For a monster, pain is their food, so going all out sadistic (like he did on Valgaav) would mean bringing himself down to his lowest instincts. Added to that, it seems like his strategy is not to throw things out if they can still be useful.

Killing people would not only mean that he can no longer torment them for amusement, but he won't be able to absorb their negative feelings either. (dangit, this sentence looks weird)

Really? I'm not sure... it could be good, but one of the reasons Xellos is so awesome is that he's mysterious. If he was the main character there wouldn't be as much mystery.

...Still, I'd sign on in a heartbeat if Filia would be there too.

I guess you're right. Maybe it should be something of a "Filia quest with an extra serving of Xellos". Only, I wouldn't know what she'd be questing for.

I'm sure I was too, but it grew on me. In fact... the same could be said about Xellos's character. It's hard to know what to think of him at first.

It was a little...er...different for me. The first Slayer's episode I watched was the cross-dressing one, and that wasn't all that far from the episode where Xellos' identity is revealed. So for me it was like "Don't know what's going on, but I like what I see :D" I watched the whole series knowing fully well what he was.

They do, but the only Slayers board I'm a member of is pretty inactive, so there's not much chance for extended discussion.

I'm sorry D:

At least in their astral bodies I'd agree, unless we're talking in a Freudian sexual imagery sense... in which case Xellos's real form is awfully suspicious... A giant cone that kills people by penetrating them? Do I even have to say anything? It's not you ;_; it's my mind that's filthy.

Haha...you know, I was thinking the same thing when I recently watched a few episodes. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

XD Hurray! I'm thinking of starting a new fic soon too.

I wish I had the spirit to write as much as you do...I've been avoiding the next chapter of my fic.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Killing people would not only mean that he can no longer torment them for amusement, but he won't be able to absorb their negative feelings either. (dangit, this sentence looks weird)

Yep, yep. He can't go and unkill them. Better to mine the bottomless well of anger and annoyance than go after heavy duty things like sadness and pain which would dry up eventually.

I guess you're right. Maybe it should be something of a "Filia quest with an extra serving of Xellos". Only, I wouldn't know what she'd be questing for.

That's the difficult part of dealing with Filia in an extended fic setting. By the end of Try she's not an aimless wanderer like Lina and company. She's all set up with a new family and business. So it's hard to get any quest-based plot going with her.

But oh, I try.

It was a little...er...different for me. The first Slayer's episode I watched was the cross-dressing one, and that wasn't all that far from the episode where Xellos' identity is revealed. So for me it was like "Don't know what's going on, but I like what I see " I watched the whole series knowing fully well what he was.

Actually it's not totally different from my set-up. I think my first episode was the one where they're searching for the Claire Bible and end up finding those crazy outfits that they sing in. So when Xellos and Martina showed up at the end I was like... "Umm... hi? Who are you?" And it's soon after that batch of filler that Xellos's identity is revealed as a monster. Still... he's kind of a weirdo (I say that in the nicest possible way) so it's hard to know what to think of him at first (at least it was for me) even knowing what he is.

I got second-hand VHS that weren't numbered so I ended up watching the second half of the season first.

Haha...you know, I was thinking the same thing when I recently watched a few episodes. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

Maybe we're well-founded in our dirty-mindedness. His real form is suspiciously phallic as is the staff he carts around for no other reason than it accessorizes. Maybe he's trying to tell us something?

That's my college education being put to fabulous use there.

I wish I had the spirit to write as much as you do...I've been avoiding the next chapter of my fic.

I've honestly been in a bit of a slump lately ever since I finished my last chaptered fic. I doubt I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and get something major done before the end of this term, but who knows?

AbsolXWolf

That's the difficult part of dealing with Filia in an extended fic setting. By the end of Try she's not an aimless wanderer like Lina and company. She's all set up with a new family and business. So it's hard to get any quest-based plot going with her.

Yeah so unless Val was kidnapped and someone forced her into going on an epic quest for some hidden item that they want to destroy the world with...heck that seems a little far-fetched. Why would they choose to force Filia when they could find a way to force the slayers...*ramble ramble*

So when Xellos and Martina showed up at the end I was like... "Umm... hi? Who are you?"

Sounds like me.

And it's soon after that batch of filler that Xellos's identity is revealed as a monster. Still... he's kind of a weirdo (I say that in the nicest possible way) so it's hard to know what to think of him at first (at least it was for me) even knowing what he is.

He is kind of a weirdo, but that's what makes him so interesting!

I got second-hand VHS that weren't numbered so I ended up watching the second half of the season first.

I first watched Slayers on the "on demand" channel. Btw...FUNimation put all the episodes up on Youtube (which I'm going to assume is legal since they own them).

Maybe we're well-founded in our dirty-mindedness. His real form is suspiciously phallic as is the staff he carts around for no other reason than it accessorizes. Maybe he's trying to tell us something?

That's my college education being put to fabulous use there.

Yeah...why exactly does he carry arround a staff? Does he actually need it?

I've honestly been in a bit of a slump lately ever since I finished my last chaptered fic. I doubt I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and get something major done before the end of this term, but who knows?

I'm trying to think of commentary for this fanfiction I'm writing, which wouldn't be difficult if the main character didn't spew sarcasm at every opportunity. Plus, going to Professor Elm's lab isn't exactly a mind-blowing exciting thing to do, so I'm trying to find a way to put a *literal* explosion somewhere...

Butt back onto the topic of Xellos...The monster race feeds off of negative emotions. I wonder if lust happens to be one such emotion. Because I was thinking that maybe that's partly why Xellos sometimes sexually harasses Lina, even though he doesn't seem all that into her. Or maybe that's just a glimpse of that phallic body of his shining through

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah so unless Val was kidnapped and someone forced her into going on an epic quest for some hidden item that they want to destroy the world with...heck that seems a little far-fetched. Why would they choose to force Filia when they could find a way to force the slayers...*ramble ramble*

Yeah... Val's certainly something that needs to be explained. In my oneshots I don't usually explain why Filia's traveling with the group again, but in longer fics it needs some explaining. She could amble off because she wants to research ancient dragons. Given the fact that ancient dragon eggs might take years to hatch, leaving him in Jillas and Gravos's care for awhile wouldn't be completely awful.

...Or she could take him with her! Family roadtrip!

He is kind of a weirdo, but that's what makes him so interesting!

Definitely!

I first watched Slayers on the "on demand" channel. Btw...FUNimation put all the episodes up on Youtube (which I'm going to assume is legal since they own them).

They're up on Netflix too, which is nice. 'Course by now I own the whole series on DVD.

Yeah...why exactly does he carry arround a staff? Does he actually need it?

I can't imagine why he would. It's the same thing with his bag. He's the only character I see with a bag, yet he is the only character who wouldn't legitimately need to carry things around. I guess he carries around his inexplicable tour guide books there?

Maybe he considers all of these things to be fashion accessories.

I'm trying to think of commentary for this fanfiction I'm writing, which wouldn't be difficult if the main character didn't spew sarcasm at every opportunity. Plus, going to Professor Elm's lab isn't exactly a mind-blowing exciting thing to do, so I'm trying to find a way to put a *literal* explosion somewhere...

Butt back onto the topic of Xellos...The monster race feeds off of negative emotions. I wonder if lust happens to be one such emotion. Because I was thinking that maybe that's partly why Xellos sometimes sexually harasses Lina, even though he doesn't seem all that into her. Or maybe that's just a glimpse of that phallic body of his shining through

It's hard to comment on things when they come pre-snarked.

I guess that's rather complicated. I don't know if lust itself would be considered a negative emotion... if you take the perspective that it's the inverse side of love then maybe, but you could also look at it as no different from other physical hungers which wouldn't be considered negative emotionally. I think it's the baggage that comes with it that would make lust a negative--embarrassment, guilt, fear.

Xellos is a bit of a flirt, isn't he? Where Lina's concerned I think he's mostly just distracting/annoying her. He only ever kissed her in Next when she was starting to ask questions that might lead to her figuring out that he was a monster. After she found out he never tried the kissing ploy again. But there is a lot of flirtiness in his general language and behavior--which I think is there to manipulate people and throw them off.

AbsolXWolf

...Or she could take him with her! Family roadtrip!

It's not...too far-fetched, is it? XD

I can't imagine why he would. It's the same thing with his bag. He's the only character I see with a bag, yet he is the only character who wouldn't legitimately need to carry things around. I guess he carries around his inexplicable tour guide books there? Maybe he considers all of these things to be fashion accessories.

You know...I just noticed that. Wow...I mean, I noticed the bag even when I first started watching the series, but I never noticed that no one else carries any bags. I wonder if he actually puts something in that bag...

It's hard to comment on things when they come pre-snarked.

Huh?

I guess that's rather complicated. I don't know if lust itself would be considered a negative emotion... if you take the perspective that it's the inverse side of love then maybe, but you could also look at it as no different from other physical hungers which wouldn't be considered negative emotionally. I think it's the baggage that comes with it that would make lust a negative--embarrassment, guilt, fear.

So I guess it wouldn't be the emotion itself, but the emotions that might spring up after.

Xellos is a bit of a flirt, isn't he? Where Lina's concerned I think he's mostly just distracting/annoying her. He only ever kissed her in Next when she was starting to ask questions that might lead to her figuring out that he was a monster. After she found out he never tried the kissing ploy again. But there is a lot of flirtiness in his general language and behavior--which I think is there to manipulate people and throw them off.

He does have a flirty nature...Maybe the phallic symbol was intentional.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
It's not...too far-fetched, is it? XD

Well, she could want to take Val out to see the big, wide world and all... or something. That'd mean leaving the business in Jillas and Gravos's care, but... *shrug*

The neat thing about this set-up with Filia being an adoptive mom is that it puts Xellos in the very-odd-for-him position of 'father' if he tries to barge in on this little family circle.

You know...I just noticed that. Wow...I mean, I noticed the bag even when I first started watching the series, but I never noticed that no one else carries any bags. I wonder if he actually puts something in that bag...

I think Lina carries things in her cloak (like... there are pockets in there or something?). Since Amelia, Filia and Zelgadis have cloaks too that's probably where they carry stuff (though... admittedly their capes look a lot lighter than Lina's. ...And Zelgadis is carrying around a lot of inexplicable navigation equipment and Filia... a whole tea set). Gourry... I don't know... pockets? It's not really that plausible, which makes it even more weird that Xellos, who can literally pull things out of the ether, has one.

Oh, don't mind me. Just thinking of my own stuff.

So I guess it wouldn't be the emotion itself, but the emotions that might spring up after.

Yup. In that sense, love could also bring out negative emotions.

He does have a flirty nature...Maybe the phallic symbol was intentional.

Very true. I always rememeber a scene from one of the novels where he was trying to barge his way back into the group with a lame excuse and said to Lina: "You and I are like fish and water, no?" and she was like "Are you hitting on me?!" XD

I'm starting to think it was.

AbsolXWolf

The neat thing about this set-up with Filia being an adoptive mom is that it puts Xellos in the very-odd-for-him position of 'father' if he tries to barge in on this little family circle.

I can only imagine his reaction if Val ever called him daddy in an episode. It'd probably be more uncomfortable for him than Amelia's life praise song.

Since Amelia, Filia and Zelgadis have cloaks too that's probably where they carry stuff (though... admittedly their capes look a lot lighter than Lina's. ...And Zelgadis is carrying around a lot of inexplicable navigation equipment and Filia... a whole tea set).

Yeah you know Filia somehow manages to put a whole tea set under her dress alonngside the mace. Want some tea, Xellos? Xellos does like his tea afterall...

Oh, don't mind me. Just thinking of my own stuff.

I guess I just didn't understand what "pre-snarked" means. For a moment, I thought you were mad at me or something...

Very true. I always rememeber a scene from one of the novels where he was trying to barge his way back into the group with a lame excuse and said to Lina: "You and I are like fish and water, no?" and she was like "Are you hitting on me?!" XD

I'm starting to think it was.

Maybe it was because of his flirty nature that he put up wit Martina. This was the one thing I never completely understood in NEXT: "Xellos, WHY DID YOU SAVE MARTINA FROM BANDITS???" I mean, it's not as though she's usefull to him (or anyone else for that matter). Well I thought about for a long time, and I finally decided that she was entertainment as well as an ego stroke. After all, what better proof that your disguise is perfect than to witness a female human become infatuated with you?

Heehee....Martina fell in love with a phallic symbol. How very appropriate, considering her character.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I can only imagine his reaction if Val ever called him daddy in an episode. It'd probably be more uncomfortable for him than Amelia's life praise song.

He'd have to be pretty shocked, but he might eventually come to terms with the role. It's interesting because in some ways Filia deserves to call herself Val's mom because her holy magic helped him to be reborn, but it was the combination of holy and black magic that facilitated this--one or the other would've probably destroyed him--so Xellos is as much Val's father as Filia.

Yeah you know Filia somehow manages to put a whole tea set under her dress alonngside the mace. Want some tea, Xellos? Xellos does like his tea afterall...

I don't know how many oneshots I've written that are just Xellos and Filia having conversation over tea. I think it's cute that they share this trait.

I guess I just didn't understand what "pre-snarked" means. For a moment, I thought you were mad at me or something...

Oh no! I just tend to write fanfiction that has a lot of snarky oneliners in it, so it's hard for me to make any sort of glib commentary on my work since it's already in there. I've already made fun of my own story in the story. It was entirely about my own stuff and not a reflection on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

Maybe it was because of his flirty nature that he put up wit Martina. This was the one thing I never completely understood in NEXT: "Xellos, WHY DID YOU SAVE MARTINA FROM BANDITS???" I mean, it's not as though she's usefull to him (or anyone else for that matter). Well I thought about for a long time, and I finally decided that she was entertainment as well as an ego stroke. After all, what better proof that your disguise is perfect than to witness a female human become infatuated with you?

Heehee....Martina fell in love with a phallic symbol. How very appropriate, considering her character.

I tend to think it's mostly for entertainment. Bringing someone into the group that is actively trying to murder the group leader guarantees some lovely drama. Or it could be that he saved her because he was bored and then she stuck to him like glue and he just didn't mind it that much (for aforesaid drama). Weirdly enough Xellos does some pretty unexplained philanthropic stuff--like when he toss in some money and rang a bell at that tourist trap (only to have it fall on him).

I'm just sorry she never lusted after Milgazia. I would've LAUGHED.

AbsolXWolf

He'd have to be pretty shocked, but he might eventually come to terms with the role. It's interesting because in some ways Filia deserves to call herself Val's mom because her holy magic helped him to be reborn, but it was the combination of holy and black magic that facilitated this--one or the other would've probably destroyed him--so Xellos is as much Val's father as Filia.

It's their love child. :-D

Oh no! I just tend to write fanfiction that has a lot of snarky oneliners in it, so it's hard for me to make any sort of glib commentary on my work since it's already in there. I've already made fun of my own story in the story. It was entirely about my own stuff and not a reflection on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

*whew* Just...making sure I didn't say anything offensive.

I tend to think it's mostly for entertainment. Bringing someone into the group that is actively trying to murder the group leader guarantees some lovely drama. Or it could be that he saved her because he was bored and then she stuck to him like glue and he just didn't mind it that much (for aforesaid drama). Weirdly enough Xellos does some pretty unexplained philanthropic stuff--like when he toss in some money and rang a bell at that tourist trap (only to have it fall on him).

I'm just sorry she never lusted after Milgazia. I would've LAUGHED.

Xellos doesn't seem to be affected by a lot of weird stuff the party does, like all the times they had to dress up. I don't remember him ever complaining. On the contrary, he kept on smiling.

Who was Milgazia again?

BTW, never watch Slayers while playing Pokemon. I had a dream last night that seem to consist of Xellos, Bill, and a bunch of hallways. Can't remember much of it, but I don't it matters because it probably didn't make sense anyways.

And I have this picture I made in response to an earlier post of yours about My Little Ponies. It may take me awhile to figure out how to get it up on here so please don't hate me...Computers and I don't get along.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
It's their love child. :-D

XD Totally! I make that comparison in one of my fics and Filia is none too pleased by the idea.

*whew* Just...making sure I didn't say anything offensive.

Nah, it was nothing like that, so don't worry!

Xellos doesn't seem to be affected by a lot of weird stuff the party does, like all the times they had to dress up. I don't remember him ever complaining. On the contrary, he kept on smiling.

Who was Milgazia again?

BTW, never watch Slayers while playing Pokemon. I had a dream last night that seem to consist of Xellos, Bill, and a bunch of hallways. Can't remember much of it, but I don't it matters because it probably didn't make sense anyways.

And I have this picture I made in response to an earlier post of yours about My Little Ponies. It may take me awhile to figure out how to get it up on here so please don't hate me...Computers and I don't get along.

Of course, considering that Xellos can decide how he looks, a lot of Slayers fans think he was doing a bit more than just dressing up as a woman during that episode.

Milgazia was the dragon guy that took Lina to see the Claire Bible. Martina was in her 'I'll never love again!' phase after finding out Xellos was a monster, so she didn't go after him.

XD I've done that. I personally cherish the idea of Xellos and Filia being ghost and dragon-type trainers respectively.

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see it! ...Don't worry, I know what a pain computers can be sometimes.

AbsolXWolf

Nah, it was nothing like that, so don't worry!

Of course, considering that Xellos can decide how he looks, a lot of Slayers fans think he was doing a bit more than just dressing up as a woman during that episode.

He turned himself into a woman...lololololol. Possible.

Milgazia was the dragon guy that took Lina to see the Claire Bible. Martina was in her 'I'll never love again!' phase after finding out Xellos was a monster, so she didn't go after him.

Oh yeah. That guy.

XD I've done that. I personally cherish the idea of Xellos and Filia being ghost and dragon-type trainers respectively.

Ghost-type and not dark? I guess because ghost Pokemon can disappear and reappear and love to play tricks...Ghost-Dark dual-type? And dragon-psychic dual-type? Lol...just rambling now.

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see it! ...Don't worry, I know what a pain computers can be sometimes.

Here goes?...

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
He turned himself into a woman...lololololol. Possible.

You never know! I've heard people say he probably did because his arms and legs got a lot more slender... but honestly, that's an animation cheat. Gourry's arms get a lot less muscular when he's in drag. Still! It could've happened!

Ghost-type and not dark? I guess because ghost Pokemon can disappear and reappear and love to play tricks...Ghost-Dark dual-type? And dragon-psychic dual-type? Lol...just rambling now.

I tend to think ghost because monsters are supposed to be like high-density ghosts. Plus I want Xellos to have a Haunter. He must. He absolutely must! Possibly the whole Gastly line! It's too purple, I mean perfect!

Here goes?...

XD I love it. Especially Xellos's dialogue and Filia's expression. He'd totally do it too!

AbsolXWolf

Still! It could've happened!

I'd like to think it did. :-D

I tend to think ghost because monsters are supposed to be like high-density ghosts. Plus I want Xellos to have a Haunter. He must. He absolutely must! Possibly the whole Gastly line! It's too purple, I mean perfect!

Huh...you know what? I happen to adore the Gastly line too...

I can just see it now...Xellos and his Haunter teaming up to play tricks on people.

Filia: *dress is magically lifted up on its own. Filia struggles to keep it down* Xellos, how dare you!
Xellos: Why is it my fault? I'm nowhere near you.

XD I love it. Especially Xellos's dialogue and Filia's expression. He'd totally do it too!

I hope you'll forgive my horrible drawings. I'm not very artsy, and I pretty much drew this in five minutes lol.

BTW, there's a support list at the beginning of the thread. Is it still being used?

And did you see all the episodes of the EVOLUTION-R?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I'd like to think it did. :-D

I wonder what would happen if he took his female form around Filia...

...I smell a shopping trip~!

...Or more likely Filia contemplating suicide :eek:

Huh...you know what? I happen to adore the Gastly line too...

I can just see it now...Xellos and his Haunter teaming up to play tricks on people.

Filia: *dress is magically lifted up on its own. Filia struggles to keep it down* Xellos, how dare you!
Xellos: Why is it my fault? I'm nowhere near you.

Gastly/Haunter/Gengar and Dratini/Dragonair (Dragonite's okay, but I don't love it as much) are my all time favorites. So of course I want them to be part of Xellos and Filia's pokemon teams!

THAT. Would be awesome. And then Filia can get her dragon-types to attack him.

I hope you'll forgive my horrible drawings. I'm not very artsy, and I pretty much drew this in five minutes lol.

BTW, there's a support list at the beginning of the thread. Is it still being used?

And did you see all the episodes of the EVOLUTION-R?

I thought it was really cute!

Uh... I haven't gotten to use it in awhile since hardly anyone used to post. I can go update it.

I have. There's some good Lina/Gourry stuff in there, but it's a shame there isn't much of anything else. ...Though Zelgadis and Amelia playing chess together is cute.

AbsolXWolf

...Or more likely Filia contemplating suicide :eek:

lololololololololol. Xellos would probably stop her. She's too much fun alive.

Xellos: Killing yourself are we? That's rather selfish for a former golden dragon priestess.

Filia: Shut up, monster! And how am I selfish?

Xellos: There are plenty of people who would rather you stay alive. Like me

Filia: I don't live for the sake of a monster! I can't stand you anymore!*about to stab self with knife*

Xellos: *uses magic to heat up the metal from afar*

Filia: *drops it in alarm*

Xellos: If you truly want to take you're own life, Filia, you should try and steady your hand so that you don't drop it next time ^u^

Filia: *glares, tries to pick up knife again but it's still too hot and she drops it*

Xellos: Seems to me like your subconcious has other ideas. It's always important to follow your instincts Filia. So I'll do you a favor and take this away..*grabs knife* ^ ^You're welcome! *vanishes*

Filia: *takes out frustration on first inanimate object she finds*

Uh... I haven't gotten to use it in awhile since hardly anyone used to post. I can go update it.

Oh no, you don't have to. I was just curious about it.

I have. There's some good Lina/Gourry stuff in there, but it's a shame there isn't much of anything else. ...Though Zelgadis and Amelia playing chess together is cute.

Are spoilers allowed in this thread?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
lololololololololol. Xellos would probably stop her. She's too much fun alive.

Xellos: Killing yourself are we? That's rather selfish for a former golden dragon priestess.

Filia: Shut up, monster! And how am I selfish?

Xellos: There are plenty of people who would rather you stay alive. Like me

Filia: I don't live for the sake of a monster! I can't stand you anymore!*about to stab self with knife*

Xellos: *uses magic to heat up the metal from afar*

Filia: *drops it in alarm*

Xellos: If you truly want to take you're own life, Filia, you should try and steady your hand so that you don't drop it next time ^u^

Filia: *glares, tries to pick up knife again but it's still too hot and she drops it*

Xellos: Seems to me like your subconcious has other ideas. It's always important to follow your instincts Filia. So I'll do you a favor and take this away..*grabs knife* ^ ^You're welcome! *vanishes*

Filia: *takes out frustration on first inanimate object she finds*

XD Luckily Filia seems to have a pretty strong will to live most of the time. Though Fem!Xellos would certain test that.

Oh no, you don't have to. I was just curious about it.

I've already done it. It's no big deal :)

Are spoilers allowed in this thread?

Yup. It's been out for long enough.

Hmm... I should probably start reading the Knight of the Aqualord manga again... and taking screenshots!

AbsolXWolf

I've already done it. It's no big deal :)

Thanks ^ ^

Yup. It's been out for long enough.

Did you notice during the battle at the end of EVOLUTION-R, they played the opening to NEXT in the background? I thought it was a nice bit of nostalgia.

And Xellos...poor Xellos. I felt pretty bad for him when he kept having chunks of his body removed. Lina seemed to feel a little bad too (not in a shippy way).

Hmm... I should probably start reading the Knight of the Aqualord manga again... and taking screenshots!

YES PLEASE. I never had the chance to read the Slayers manga, so beautiful screenshots, especially of Xellos or any shippy moments, would be like heaven. Does the story have any differences from the anime?

What's your favorite shippy moment in the series?

Since Xellos/Filia has officially knocked down the other pairings to take a top place in my heart, the one I'm obsessing over is the moment in TRY where Xellos saves her from falling debris and then... drops her. The important thing to me there is also that he lies about why he did it to cover for himself.

He tried so hard to make an excuse...but wait. Xellos doesn't lie. Or does he? A rather suspicious situation. Xellos had no reason to leave Valgaav or give Valgaav a "distraction" as Xellos himself put it because Valgaav was already at Xellos' mercy. He stopped torturing the ancient dragon (in other words, he stopped carrying out an order) to save Filia. And he was going to drop her on Valgaav (which would have broker her fall and possibly injured Valgaav even further. A win-win tactic).

As for my favorite shippy moment, it would have to be at the end of TRY, when Filia insults Xellos and he turns to her to say: "That's the dragon I love." (Remember, he doesn't tell lies. So he kindof blatanly told her he loves her.)

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Thanks ^ ^

No problem :)

Did you notice during the battle at the end of EVOLUTION-R, they played the opening to NEXT in the background? I thought it was a nice bit of nostalgia.

And Xellos...poor Xellos. I felt pretty bad for him when he kept having chunks of his body removed. Lina seemed to feel a little bad too (not in a shippy way).

I noticed that! Yeah, I liked it too.

It's hard not to feel sorry for him when he gets like that. Evolution-R had him the most hurt I've ever seen him in the story.

YES PLEASE. I never had the chance to read the Slayers manga, so beautiful screenshots, especially of Xellos or any shippy moments, would be like heaven. Does the story have any differences from the anime?

Knight of the Aqualord follows a different track from the anime. There's not Zelgadis or Xellos as far as I've gotten and I don't know if either of them are in it. Filia's not in any of the manga series which makes me sad. I'll try to get some of my manga scans together soon. For now this gallery has a lot of my Xellos and/or Filia stuff in it. Haven't updated it in awhile though.

He tried so hard to make an excuse...but wait. Xellos doesn't lie. Or does he? A rather suspicious situation. Xellos had no reason to leave Valgaav or give Valgaav a "distraction" as Xellos himself put it because Valgaav was already at Xellos' mercy. He stopped torturing the ancient dragon (in other words, he stopped carrying out an order) to save Filia. And he was going to drop her on Valgaav (which would have broker her fall and possibly injured Valgaav even further. A win-win tactic).

As for my favorite shippy moment, it would have to be at the end of TRY, when Filia insults Xellos and he turns to her to say: "That's the dragon I love." (Remember, he doesn't tell lies. So he kindof blatanly told her he loves her.)

Eh, I know Lina says that in Evolution-R, but I don't buy it completely. Xellos doesn't usually lie. He finds a weasely way to say the truth in a misleading way if he can. He himself said he prefers to avoid telling lies, but I don't think this is a 100% rule with him. The distracting Valgaav thing is so clearly an excuse since the fight was going so well beforehand (and goes quite downhill afterwards) and he really couldn't have expected Valgaav to lay there like an idiot while a dragon + one of Xellos's cones landed on him. I think Xellos felt the need to make an excuse--whether it was to himself, Filia, or to his superiors that might have been watching.

I like that moment too--they really show that they're obviously fond of each other. I hate to burst your bubble, though, but that's a dub line. I think the original is something like "That's the dragon I know." Still, it's a nice moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.