• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slayers General Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsolXWolf

Knight of the Aqualord follows a different track from the anime. There's not Zelgadis or Xellos as far as I've gotten and I don't know if either of them are in it. Filia's not in any of the manga series which makes me sad. I'll try to get some of my manga scans together soon. For now this gallery has a lot of my Xellos and/or Filia stuff in it. Haven't updated it in awhile though.

:-D This makes me so happy....

The distracting Valgaav thing is so clearly an excuse since the fight was going so well beforehand (and goes quite downhill afterwards) and he really couldn't have expected Valgaav to lay there like an idiot while a dragon + one of Xellos's cones landed on him.

One his cones landed too? Oh is that what fell in front of Filia? Here, look at my cone, Filia

I think Xellos felt the need to make an excuse--whether it was to himself, Filia, or to his superiors that might have been watching.

Or all three

I like that moment too--they really show that they're obviously fond of each other. I hate to burst your bubble, though, but that's a dub line. I think the original is something like "That's the dragon I know." Still, it's a nice moment.

*too busy admiring a certain river called Denial*

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
:-D This makes me so happy....

I should get to updating that sometime... but I have soooo much on my computer. @_@

One his cones landed too? Oh is that what fell in front of Filia? Here, look at my cone, Filia

Yup. That's what it was. And really, if he wanted to covertly skewer Valgaav it really doesn't make sense to drop Filia. She's a fabulous warning that it's time to move. I think it was a half-assed plan to cover for his need to rescue her.

Or all three

Oh certainly. I have to wonder if he had any 'splaining to do when it came to reporting to Lord Beastmaster. I doubt she was fooled.

*too busy admiring a certain river called Denial*

Wha-wha-what? Am I supposed to be in denial or Xellos? I don't get it.

I'm gonna need some time to get together more screenshots and scans, but I've got a few shippy avatars and banners I've made but haven't posted up here yet, so here they are:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_wmwdtroi.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_somesecretsshouldbeshared.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_wilbmtwbf.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/duskbanner.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/enahbanner.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/jbycdidmysbanner.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/fallingbythewayside.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/totallysmashedbanner.png[/img139]

AbsolXWolf

Yup. That's what it was. And really, if he wanted to covertly skewer Valgaav it really doesn't make sense to drop Filia. She's a fabulous warning that it's time to move. I think it was a half-assed plan to cover for his need to rescue her.

Pretty much. And then he got hurt afterwords. And then Filia half-carried him with the intention of saving him.

Oh certainly. I have to wonder if he had any 'splaining to do when it came to reporting to Lord Beastmaster. I doubt she was fooled.

Does Beastmaster see everything he does? And was she the one who created him or did Shabranigdo? Because I think it was stated at one point that Shabranigdo created him.

Wha-wha-what? Am I supposed to be in denial or Xellos? I don't get it.

Oh no. I'm the one in denial. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more specific. It's a very pretty river by the way.

I'm gonna need some time to get together more screenshots and scans, but I've got a few shippy avatars and banners I've made but haven't posted up here yet, so here they are:

I love the "Some secrets should be shared" one. XD

You have in the first post a listing of scans. One of the scans shows Xellos peering into the girls' room while they're getting dressed. Is that from the Anime?

BTW, is it just me or does Xellos look a little different in the manga?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Pretty much. And then he got hurt afterwords. And then Filia half-carried him with the intention of saving him.

That was a very mood-swingy episode. We got to see Xellos at his worst and at his best in a matter of moments. And then, even after all she'd seen, Filia was still worried about him when he got hurt. I'm sure she was confused by the end of it.

Does Beastmaster see everything he does? And was she the one who created him or did Shabranigdo? Because I think it was stated at one point that Shabranigdo created him.

I don't know how much she sees, but it must be a lot since Xellos occasionally mentions not being able to do things because Beastmaster would punish him. Then again, she can't see everything because he reports to her.

Shabranigdo created five retainers: Hellmaster Fibrizo, Chaos Dragon Gaav, Greater Beast Zelas Metallium (also known as Beastmaster), Dynast Grausherra, and Deep Sea Dolphin. Each of the retainers created their own servants--usually two, one priest and one general. The only exception is Beastmaster, who put all her power into making one servant--namely, Xellos.

Oh no. I'm the one in denial. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more specific. It's a very pretty river by the way.

Ooooh. Well, as long as the river is pretty, that's what counts!

I love the "Some secrets should be shared" one. XD

You have in the first post a listing of scans. One of the scans shows Xellos peering into the girls' room while they're getting dressed. Is that from the Anime?

BTW, is it just me or does Xellos look a little different in the manga?

XD Thanks! Totally cheated with that one--it's fun to combine screenshots that have nothing to do with each other.

It's a scan from a magazine spread, so it's not something that actually happens in the anime. It's umm... an interesting picture. Who'da known Xellos was a peeping tom?

It's not just you--and he actually looks different from manga series to manga series and that's because a lot of different artists have worked on different Slayers series.

AbsolXWolf

That was a very mood-swingy episode. We got to see Xellos at his worst and at his best in a matter of moments. And then, even after all she'd seen, Filia was still worried about him when he got hurt. I'm sure she was confused by the end of it.

Yeah I think Filia was a teensy bit confused by everything that happened. I liked that episode. Lina hits him over the head and Filia says: "Is that ALL you're going to do??" To which Lina replies with something like: "Yeah, I'm not really surprised he pulled this on me. He's a monster after all. I just use him as a convenience item." I thought that was pretty funny.

Each of the retainers created their own servants--usually two, one priest and one general. The only exception is Beastmaster, who put all her power into making one servant--namely, Xellos.

I wonder if the monster that creates can control what kind of personality their creation has. I'd like to think that they can, and that Beastmaster is rather laid-back compared to the other retainers. Because who else would create a sardonic SOB than someone who was either sardonic themselves, or was of a mind to put up with someone sardonic. I'm guessing that she can just as easily destroy him if she wanted to and create a new servant, and since he's been around for quite some time it seems she's at least somewhat lenient when it comes to his smartalec ways.

It's a scan from a magazine spread, so it's not something that actually happens in the anime. It's umm... an interesting picture. Who'da known Xellos was a peeping tom?

Flirty and a peeping tom. Maybe half the reason he's like that is because he enjoys it himself? I wouldn't be surprised if monsters had some spark of desire...At least we know where he gets his inspiration for those saucy novels, right? Lol

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah I think Filia was a teensy bit confused by everything that happened. I liked that episode. Lina hits him over the head and Filia says: "Is that ALL you're going to do??" To which Lina replies with something like: "Yeah, I'm not really surprised he pulled this on me. He's a monster after all. I just use him as a convenience item." I thought that was pretty funny.

That was funny. What's especially interesting to me about that is that Filia's crying out for greater punishment to be heaped on him when only moments ago she was fretting over his wounds, and moments later she'll be carrying him to safety. She's definitely confused about where she stands when it comes to Xellos.

I wonder if the monster that creates can control what kind of personality their creation has. I'd like to think that they can, and that Beastmaster is rather laid-back compared to the other retainers. Because who else would create a sardonic SOB than someone who was either sardonic themselves, or was of a mind to put up with someone sardonic. I'm guessing that she can just as easily destroy him if she wanted to and create a new servant, and since he's been around for quite some time it seems she's at least somewhat lenient when it comes to his smartalec ways.

I'm not entirely sure how much control demon lords have over what their subordinates will turn out to be. It at least says something for Beastmaster Zelas Metallium's aspirations for him that Xellos is pretty much a different spelling of/more masculine form of her own name.

And yes, she could easily destroy him, but she wouldn't be able to replace him. That's the whole reason Xellos had to be leant to Hellmaster during Next--Hellmaster lost his priest and general in the War of the Monsters Fall and was without servants to do his bidding. If it was as simple as creating new minions, he would've just done that. A demon lord splits some of their power in order to create a servant, once that's destroyed, so is the power.

Flirty and a peeping tom. Maybe half the reason he's like that is because he enjoys it himself? I wouldn't be surprised if monsters had some spark of desire...At least we know where he gets his inspiration for those saucy novels, right? Lol

No surprise, I've written about this subject in a few fics :p Sure, they wouldn't have a biological need for that kind of thing, but that doesn't mean they would enjoy it.

AbsolXWolf

That was funny. What's especially interesting to me about that is that Filia's crying out for greater punishment to be heaped on him when only moments ago she was fretting over his wounds, and moments later she'll be carrying him to safety. She's definitely confused about where she stands when it comes to Xellos.

He's the only one she loves to hate. And hates to love.

And yes, she could easily destroy him, but she wouldn't be able to replace him. That's the whole reason Xellos had to be leant to Hellmaster during Next--Hellmaster lost his priest and general in the War of the Monsters Fall and was without servants to do his bidding. If it was as simple as creating new minions, he would've just done that. A demon lord splits some of their power in order to create a servant, once that's destroyed, so is the power.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Hellmaster's reason for borrowing Xellos. Never liked Fibrizo. I'd still like to think Beastmaster is more laid-back than the others though (but then again we hardly ever see her so...)

I think it was said in an earlier post about Xellos being into S and M because he lets people like Lina beat him over the head when he could simply teleport. Kindof funny seeing this really powerful monster getting strangled or wacked upside the head by a human (regardless of how powerful that human is). I think he might have let Filia beat him up too once...Or myabe that was just apart of my dream last night (yeah, I dreamed of Xellos again...He's stalking me, I just know it)

Also, in regards to an earlier post:
I was just thinking about how many musicals I ascribe to Slayers ships, particularly Xellos/Filia. There's, of course, Wicked. I really can't hear the song "What is this Feeling?" without thinking of the two of them XD.
Ah Wicked: They could have made a wonderfully good love song, but instead they just had to make a wickedly catchy loathing song. XD

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
He's the only one she loves to hate. And hates to love.

Definitely. And her confusion probably lasted quite awhile. They were seperated during the filler arc and when they met again he held her hostage, which probably didn't help her feelings of confusion. Still, at the end they seemed to have reached something close to an accord and worked together.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Hellmaster's reason for borrowing Xellos. Never liked Fibrizo. I'd still like to think Beastmaster is more laid-back than the others though (but then again we hardly ever see her so...)

I think it was said in an earlier post about Xellos being into S and M because he lets people like Lina beat him over the head when he could simply teleport. Kindof funny seeing this really powerful monster getting strangled or wacked upside the head by a human (regardless of how powerful that human is). I think he might have let Filia beat him up too once...Or myabe that was just apart of my dream last night (yeah, I dreamed of Xellos again...He's stalking me, I just know it)

I tend to think of Beastmaster as... well, more laid back in a sense--the few shots we see of her have her smoking, and at least in fanon she's a drinker (don't know if that's based on facts or not, but it's widely believed). But I also think she's very cunning and ruthless.

S and M, really? I don't remember that. I tend to think he lets Lina beat up on them for the reason that pretty much all the cast does--Lina's the leader of the group and things go very wrong if she gets too stressed out. Beating on people is how she relieves stress. Plus Lina's such an alpha figure that even character more powerful than her can sometimes fall into a more compliant attitude.

I don't think Filia actually was ever to beat up on him. She threatened him with her mace in one episode and she turned into a dragon and tried to trample him, but he kept teleporting out of the way.

Ah Wicked: They could have made a wonderfully good love song, but instead they just had to make a wickedly catchy loathing song. XD

It could work on both levels! XP

AbsolXWolf

Definitely. And her confusion probably lasted quite awhile. They were seperated during the filler arc and when they met again he held her hostage, which probably didn't help her feelings of confusion. Still, at the end they seemed to have reached something close to an accord and worked together.

Funny thing about taking someone hostage...it's a little pointless unless the person you're trying to influence is highly emotional. IF the Elder didn't comply with what Xellos demanded, would Xellos have killed Filia? I doubt it. Not only would he lose what little leverage he had over the Elder if he killed her (Because you can't really make demands with a corpse as your hostage) he would have also killed someone that he could have used. Someone that he could have feed off on. Plus, I think Xellos realized that the Elder just didn't CARE about Filia.
I tend to think of Beastmaster as... well, more laid back in a sense--the few shots we see of her have her smoking, and at least in fanon she's a drinker (don't know if that's based on facts or not, but it's widely believed). But I also think she's very cunning and ruthless.
She is a monster after all. XD
Plus Lina's such an alpha figure that even character more powerful than her can sometimes fall into a more compliant attitude.
And Xellos doesn't seem to be bothered by a lot of things (besides Filia).

I don't think Filia actually was ever to beat up on him. She threatened him with her mace in one episode and she turned into a dragon and tried to trample him, but he kept teleporting out of the way.

Speaking of that episode, I noticed something. I don't know about the sub, but the dub states that the party went the way Filia wanted to. They came across the town that hates dragons, lots of drama happened, and at the end Zelgadis questioned Xellos about the fact that he failed to mention the whole "this town isn't for dragons" thing. Suppose the whole reason Xellos wanted to go the other way was because he knew they would have issues in the dragon-hating town...

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Funny thing about taking someone hostage...it's a little pointless unless the person you're trying to influence is highly emotional. IF the Elder didn't comply with what Xellos demanded, would Xellos have killed Filia? I doubt it. Not only would he lose what little leverage he had over the Elder if he killed her (Because you can't really make demands with a corpse as your hostage) he would have also killed someone that he could have used. Someone that he could have feed off on. Plus, I think Xellos realized that the Elder just didn't CARE about Filia.

I don't believe he would've killed her. I mean, he didn't get the information he wanted from the elder and he didn't kill her. I don't think Filia's the only one confused at this point either. The higher ups in the monster race must have been in quite a state toward the end of the series considering that their decision making process led them to actually saving the world. Xellos once chided... Kanzel and Mazenda I think? For taking hostages, saying that they'd lost their pride as monsters. The fact that he took a hostage seems to reflect some desperation.

A friend of mine wrote a really good oneshot of Xellos's perspective from the hostage-taking scene that goes into his thought processes.

And Xellos doesn't seem to be bothered by a lot of things (besides Filia).

Yup. To be honest, most of the Slayers cast treats him like unwelcomed vermin (for good reason). Zelgadis out and out can't stand him. They've casually insulted him on many occasions, but he's never cared. Suddenly when Filia does it, it matters.

Speaking of that episode, I noticed something. I don't know about the sub, but the dub states that the party went the way Filia wanted to. They came across the town that hates dragons, lots of drama happened, and at the end Zelgadis questioned Xellos about the fact that he failed to mention the whole "this town isn't for dragons" thing. Suppose the whole reason Xellos wanted to go the other way was because he knew they would have issues in the dragon-hating town...

I've wondered about that too. There might be a certain "FINE! Go that way--see what happens!" quality about Xellos giving in. He certainly wasn't inclined to tell them about the dragon taboo after the treatment he got from her.

AbsolXWolf

The higher ups in the monster race must have been in quite a state toward the end of the series considering that their decision making process led them to actually saving the world.
I think Xellos himself mentioned that the monsters wanted to destroy the world on their terms with their own power. Having someone else do it for them would be a blow to their pride (I guess that kind of makes sense...sortof).

Xellos once chided... Kanzel and Mazenda I think? For taking hostages, saying that they'd lost their pride as monsters. The fact that he took a hostage seems to reflect some desperation.
A lot of Xellos' many actions include contradictions

A friend of mine wrote a really good oneshot of Xellos's perspective from the hostage-taking scene that goes into his thought processes.

Dang...I wish I could write that well.

Yup. To be honest, most of the Slayers cast treats him like unwelcomed vermin (for good reason). Zelgadis out and out can't stand him. They've casually insulted him on many occasions, but he's never cared. Suddenly when Filia does it, it matters.
It just shows you he has something special for Filia. Does he care when Lina insults him? Nope. But the minute Filiaopens her mouth...it's war.

I've wondered about that too. There might be a certain "FINE! Go that way--see what happens!" quality about Xellos giving in. He certainly wasn't inclined to tell them about the dragon taboo after the treatment he got from her
I was half expecting him to say something like "I told you we should have gone the other way. But you stubbornly refused to listen..." It all worked out in the end. Xellos remarked about how he had a newfound respect for her.

I got this song stuck in my head for quite some time. The lyrics kind of remind me of Xellos/Filia. Just a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1nLvUy0pw0

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I think Xellos himself mentioned that the monsters wanted to destroy the world on their terms with their own power. Having someone else do it for them would be a blow to their pride (I guess that kind of makes sense...sortof).

Yes, I know, but to me that wreaks of an excuse. The monsters were already dithering about what they were going to do before they came up with 'we want to destroy it ourselves.' There was the whole giving a pardon to Valgaav thing because their 'current difficulties with the gods' (which were never explained) meant that they were against the summoning of Dark Star. To be perfectly honest, I think they only want to destroy the world in theory. Once it actually comes down to it... well... they can only destroy the world once and then it's all over. There's nothing to destroy in the void. This is all just my perspective, but I think a subtle shift in policy happened among the monsters after the destruction of Hellmaster.

It seems to me the earlier dithering was more like 'We're against destroying the world like this, but we don't know why.' The pride angle makes for a good excuse. If this is the case, then a shake-up of principles is going on and it's no wonder Xellos is acting a bit desperate and confused.

A lot of Xellos' many actions include contradictions

But I think there's an internal logic to them.

Dang...I wish I could write that well.

She's an amazing artist in addition to amazing writer. I'd definitely recommend checking out her gallery.

The two of us actually wrote a two part Xellos/Filia Halloween fic recently. I've posted part one in the shipping fics forum, with the link to part two at the end of it.

It just shows you he has something special for Filia. Does he care when Lina insults him? Nope. But the minute Filiaopens her mouth...it's war.

Yup. Because deep down, he cares about how Filia sees him.

I was half expecting him to say something like "I told you we should have gone the other way. But you stubbornly refused to listen..." It all worked out in the end. Xellos remarked about how he had a newfound respect for her.

I got this song stuck in my head for quite some time. The lyrics kind of remind me of Xellos/Filia. Just a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1nLvUy0pw0

Her flair for destruction is certainly something a monster would respect :p

I haven't heard it before, but I'll give it a listen. There are a lot of great songs that are Xellos/Filia-esque.

AbsolXWolf

To be perfectly honest, I think they only want to destroy the world in theory. Once it actually comes down to it... well... they can only destroy the world once and then it's all over. There's nothing to destroy in the void. This is all just my perspective, but I think a subtle shift in policy happened among the monsters after the destruction of Hellmaster.

And when everything is destroyed, there will be no more poking fun at people's expense. It does make sense. And I always wondered why they seemed to be taking their time going about it.

But I think there's an internal logic to them.
I wouldn't doubt that. But from the outside looking in, it looks like contradictions.

She's an amazing artist in addition to amazing writer. I'd definitely recommend checking out her gallery.

I read a few of her works. They're every bit as amazing as yours. It makes me a little sad to know that I probably won't ever write as good as either of you.

The two of us actually wrote a two part Xellos/Filia Halloween fic recently. I've posted part one in the shipping fics forum, with the link to part two at the end of it.

I actually already read it before you posted this response. *shifty eyes* I could make a review for you (when I'm not too busy), but I'm not sure what to do about your friend. I don't have a deviantART account, and I have a problem with making one (don't ask. It's...a little complicated).

Yup. Because deep down, he cares about how Filia sees him.

He definitely doesn't care how anyone else sees him.

I haven't heard it before, but I'll give it a listen. There are a lot of great songs that are Xellos/Filia-esque.

You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't even know why I mentioned it in the first place.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
And when everything is destroyed, there will be no more poking fun at people's expense. It does make sense. And I always wondered why they seemed to be taking their time going about it.

That's my impression too. They seem like they're way stronger then their nearest advisaries, the dragons, but they mostly seem to be puttering around instead of making major moves toward destruction.

I wouldn't doubt that. But from the outside looking in, it looks like contradictions.

Yep. And that's one of the things that makes him such an interesting character.

I read a few of her works. They're every bit as amazing as yours. It makes me a little sad to know that I probably won't ever write as good as either of you.

You can do amazing things with practice. Trust me.

I actually already read it before you posted this response. *shifty eyes* I could make a review for you (when I'm not too busy), but I'm not sure what to do about your friend. I don't have a deviantART account, and I have a problem with making one (don't ask. It's...a little complicated).

I could always let her know if you wanted, but you don't have to since I know you're busy.

He definitely doesn't care how anyone else sees him.

He seems like he has a pretty good self image (read: he's extremely arrogant) but Filia tends to shatter that.

You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't even know why I mentioned it in the first place.

I'm really thankful you did. It's a cool song and I'm always on the lookout for great Xellos/Filia-ish songs. I'm trying to make a playlist :)

I've also made a couple more graphics:

hosbanner.png
ilaouhbtc.png

AbsolXWolf

I could always let her know if you wanted, but you don't have to since I know you're busy.

I do actually want to give her at least one review, but probably when I have more time on my hands. And I want to continue giving you reviews too. Time goes way too fast for my taste *cries*

I'm really thankful you did. It's a cool song and I'm always on the lookout for great Xellos/Filia-ish songs. I'm trying to make a playlist :)
I like playlists. :-D I'm looking forward to it.

I've also made a couple more graphics:

You make creating graphics look easy...

No one else ever posts on here anymore. I wonder what happened to everyone?

P.S. LOVE your new avatar.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I do actually want to give her at least one review, but probably when I have more time on my hands. And I want to continue giving you reviews too. Time goes way too fast for my taste *cries*

Take your time--I know it's a busy time of year. I'm just flattered that you're interested in reading my stuff at all!

Speaking of which, I've started on a new multi-chapter Xellos/Filia fic called Diary of a Dragon. Of course Xellos hasn't even *appeared* in it yet and won't for a few more chapters but... but still!

I like playlists. :-D I'm looking forward to it.

I was just gonna make it on my iPhone but I could always at least post up the names of the songs when I'm done. Beloved Enemy used to have a great Xellos/Filia playlist on their main site, but unfortunately that went down :(

You make creating graphics look easy...

No one else ever posts on here anymore. I wonder what happened to everyone?

P.S. LOVE your new avatar.

XD Thank you!

I don't know... life gets in the way, I suppose.

:D Thanks! ...Unfortunately I'll be changing it tomorrow since I keep sig sets for 5 day cycles (I have a limited attention span). But it's one that I've always liked even though I should've italicized the exclamation mark.

AbsolXWolf

I'm just flattered that you're interested in reading my stuff at all!
You're a talented writer, something that's, quite honestly, rare in a fanfict community. Most people, like myself, know that there are places in our stories that can be improved. But, and I think I've mentioned this before, I find it difficult to improve upon anything in your writing.

Speaking of which, I've started on a new multi-chapter Xellos/Filia fic called Diary of a Dragon. Of course Xellos hasn't even *appeared* in it yet and won't for a few more chapters but... but still!

Xellos or not, it still sounds interesting. By the way, if you do PM lists add me please. I may not be able to catch up review-wise (at least not for a long while), but I still want to know when there will be updates. Besides, now you can say you have a PM list (albeit a short one). XD

I was just gonna make it on my iPhone but I could always at least post up the names of the songs when I'm done.
Yes please? *puppy dog eyes*

I don't know... life gets in the way, I suppose.

I kind of hope they come back. But at least we're the alternate shipping with the most replies and views! (Not that it was a contest or anything...)

:D Thanks! ...Unfortunately I'll be changing it tomorrow since I keep sig sets for 5 day cycles (I have a limited attention span).

I have a limited attention span too. That's probably why it takes me so long to write a review. I'd be in the middle of it when suddenly a BUTTERFLY comes by my window...and the next thing I know, three hours have passed.

Speaking of avatars and sigs...two unknown characters have taken over yours and kicked poor Filia and Xellos to the curb. Lolol

(I'm thinking I need an avatar and a better sig)
But it's one that I've always liked even though I should've italicized the exclamation mark.

Actually, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out XD

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
You're a talented writer, something that's, quite honestly, rare in a fanfict community. Most people, like myself, know that there are places in our stories that can be improved. But, and I think I've mentioned this before, I find it difficult to improve upon anything in your writing.

It really means a lot for me to hear you say that! No matter what I do with my life, I want writing to be involved, and I think fanfiction has really helped me to improve.

Xellos or not, it still sounds interesting. By the way, if you do PM lists add me please. I may not be able to catch up review-wise (at least not for a long while), but I still want to know when there will be updates. Besides, now you can say you have a PM list (albeit a short one). XD

Sure! You want to be on for both Diary of a Dragon and Summer Nights or just Diary of a Dragon?

Yes please? *puppy dog eyes*

I should stop being lazy and make on then!

In the meantime, there's this thread at Beloved Enemy forums that has lists of songs people have suggested from their own Xellos/Filia playlists. It even has my old one that I had before Apple devoured it ;_;

I kind of hope they come back. But at least we're the alternate shipping with the most replies and views! (Not that it was a contest or anything...)

XD We are the mighty monarchs of Alt. Shipping!

I have a limited attention span too. That's probably why it takes me so long to write a review. I'd be in the middle of it when suddenly a BUTTERFLY comes by my window...and the next thing I know, three hours have passed.

Speaking of avatars and sigs...two unknown characters have taken over yours and kicked poor Filia and Xellos to the curb. Lolol

(I'm thinking I need an avatar and a better sig)

I know how that goes. I love having the internet as a resource on my computer but it's so distracting.

XD Poor things. But they'll be back! They always come back!

Actually, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out XD

XD I'm glad it wasn't glaring to anyone besides me.

AbsolXWolf

It really means a lot for me to hear you say that! No matter what I do with my life, I want writing to be involved, and I think fanfiction has really helped me to improve.
Have you been writing for a long time?

Sure! You want to be on for both Diary of a Dragon and Summer Nights or just Diary of a Dragon?
Why not? XD The more the merrier. (And the more merrier, the more inebriated)

I should stop being lazy and make on then!
Doooo ittttt!
In the meantime, there's this thread at Beloved Enemy forums that has lists of songs people have suggested from their own Xellos/Filia playlists. It even has my old one that I had before Apple devoured it ;_;
Hooray for more distractions! XD

XD We are the mighty monarchs of Alt. Shipping!

Indeed we are, Queen Skiyomi. Indeed we are.

I know how that goes. I love having the internet as a resource on my computer but it's so distracting.
I know, right?? lol
XD Poor things. But they'll be back! They always come back!
Who are those two people currently taking Filia and Xellos' place anyways?

XD I'm glad it wasn't glaring to anyone besides me.
But after you mentioned it, it became far too noticeable every time I took a glance at it. If it bothers you that much, maybe you should fix it...?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Have you been writing for a long time?

I guess it depends on what you'd call 'writing.' I've wanted to be an author since first grade :p

Why not? XD The more the merrier. (And the more merrier, the more inebriated)

Alright then! Added! Now I just have to remember that I actually have a PM list when I update XD

Doooo ittttt!

B-but... *lazy*

Hooray for more distractions! XD

It's a wonderful thing! Plus I know a lot of Xelfi authors like playlists like that for inspiration while they write.

Who are those two people currently taking Filia and Xellos' place anyways?

The avatar is of Etna and the banner is of Desco--they're both characters from the Disgaea games.

Speaking of the Disgaea games and of Slayers. I've got a healer character that I've named Filia because she looks so much like Filia. Unfortunatley healers excel at staffs and bows, so I can't give her a mace-like weapon (probably an axe in this game) and have her learn moves quickly. I might make something happen with reincarnation soon so I can give her a bludgeoning impliment though.

...Unfortunately none of the classes look even remotely like Xellos. I named my Onmyo monk Xellos because SOMEONE had to be Xellos, but there's no resemblance there. At least monk is... priest-ish? Meh... I wish there was a better match, especially since Filia synced up so well.

But after you mentioned it, it became far too noticeable every time I took a glance at it. If it bothers you that much, maybe you should fix it...?

I don't have a .PSD of the file, so it's not as simple as highlighting it and clicking the italicize button. I might be able to manage it by using the clone stamp tool to block out the old mark and then putting an italicized exclamation mark over it, but it might end up looking messy that way. I might attempt it at some point just because it *does* bother me, but it's probably more trouble then it's worth for something few people would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.