• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sleep =/= peaceful?

Hello! *opens thread with big smile on face*
welcome, this thread is about sleep talking, sleep walking and night terrors, in other words, the things that keep us up at night while we're still asleep =D.

Over the years there have been many differn't reasons given for why this kind of thing effects people, some time ago they said that sleep walking was someone acting out their dreems, however they say now that that is wrong, In fact some people claimed to have commited murder while sleepwalking.

Personaly, I sleep talk occasionaly, the first time was when I was 8, I started screaming, My mother came to check on me and I was yelling something about it being 'my dress' and flailing my arms tuging on the blanket saying that it was my dress, and she couldn't take it, however, I was still sleeping.

for the last few nights, every morning I wake up my blankets are on the floor, last night I got a tape recorder and started recording before I went to sleep to see if I was talking in my sleep again sure enough, I was sleep talking although, I have very little clue what I was saying because,

A) my tape recorder sucks.
and
B) I was muttering most of it.

aside from that: do you sleep talk/walk or have night terrors?

what do you know about it?

Disscus.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I have a tendancy, when i am kicking a ball or miss a step in my dreams, to kick out and wake myself up. and my sister screams in her sleep stuff like NO,THATS MY TOY

mew801

I sleep talk and have a disorder where I sleep eat. It's extremely uncommon, but if there is food in my room, I will walk over to it and start eating it, even when I am asleep. It's very weird.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Although I'm a pretty sporadic and restless sleeper, I don't walk or talk or anything like that. But I do have a friend who is a pretty incredible sleep walker.

Once, he and I were staying the night at another friend's house, and were all laying on his bed watching TV, and the sleep walker had fallen asleep before us and got up, muttering something. My other friend knew he was asleep, so grabbed him by the ankle and told him not to go anywhere, but he still tried and wound up being tripped off the bed face-first onto the floor from his full height on the bed. Then he got back up, went to the bathroom (a decent ways away, through another room littered with weights and other junk), and came back, crawling over us to get back to his original spot. All the while completely asleep.

I just have to know, is that at all normal?

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I rarely sleep walk (only one occasion in which I woke up standing by my window) but I do talk in my sleep. I'll hold conversations with you too, but... my responses may not make much sense.

I also kick in my sleep if I am dreaming about kicking someone. I occasionally have nightmares and they're usually all about the same horrific thing...

I had night terrors as a kid and like most who suffer from them, I wouldn't wake up until it was over.

I rarely sleep walk (only one occasion in which I woke up standing by my window) but I do talk in my sleep. I'll hold conversations with you too, but... my responses may not make much sense.

I also kick in my sleep if I am dreaming about kicking someone. I occasionally have nightmares and they're usually all about the same horrific thing...

I do that, both of them, But I only hold conversations sometimes, heh, freaky.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
My younger brother talks in his sleep, it's quite funny because i can sit and have a full conversation with him and when he wakes up he doesn't remember any of it.

My nephew used to sleep walk, but he doesn't do it anymore.

Once he got up and walked outside and sat on his garden path, his mum found him in the morning and he hadn't realised what had happened.

Although I'm a pretty sporadic and restless sleeper, I don't walk or talk or anything like that. But I do have a friend who is a pretty incredible sleep walker.

Once, he and I were staying the night at another friend's house, and were all laying on his bed watching TV, and the sleep walker had fallen asleep before us and got up, muttering something. My other friend knew he was asleep, so grabbed him by the ankle and told him not to go anywhere, but he still tried and wound up being tripped off the bed face-first onto the floor from his full height on the bed. Then he got back up, went to the bathroom (a decent ways away, through another room littered with weights and other junk), and came back, crawling over us to get back to his original spot. All the while completely asleep.

I just have to know, is that at all normal?

It's all completely normal GrizzlyB, but if he does it again when you're with him, you should try and move things out of his way, so he doesn't hurt himself but don't try and wake him up.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★

kicking people in your dreams can have something to do with violence that occured in your surroundings in real life, have you faced alot of anger perhaps?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My friends family has a lot of sleep problems.

My friends brother sleep talks (And apparently, says stuff like "No, not the muffins, NOOOO!")

My friends sister seep sings

And my friend sleep walks.

Also, I used to have a few recurring dreams, one where I walk into my bed room where a really pale kid guides me in where I found this seriously creepy Wooden rocking lama my Grandad made (which terrified me, until we gave it away, good riddance) is there, until it jumps out the window. I really hated it.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My friends family has a lot of sleep problems.

My friends brother sleep talks (And apparently, says stuff like "No, not the muffins, NOOOO!")

My friends sister seep sings

And my friend sleep walks.

Also, I used to have a few recurring dreams, one where I walk into my bed room where a really pale kid guides me in where I found this seriously creepy Wooden rocking lama my Grandad made (which terrified me, until we gave it away, good riddance) is there, until it jumps out the window. I really hated it.

I sleep quite peacefull nowadays.
I used to awaken underneath my bed or on on my mat in the past. I also had the annoying habit to turn the lights on while I was sleeping.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I used to sleep walk a few years ago.
I once woke up playing my diamond though.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
^That sounds like the coolest thing ever.

When It comes to sleeping I'm a very normal person. I don't sleep eat, walk, snore, or murder people in my sleep. As long as no one disturbs me while I'm in REM I'm not going to be perturbed.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I do the thing where when you're just spiraling into sleep and you suddenly wake up feeling like you've hit the bed, but that's done by pretty much everyone isn't it?

I also have sleep paralysis, which is so much less interesting than sleep walking, and also not that uncommon, though a little frightening since I'm a pussy

I have seizures in my sleep, which is both boring during and regrettable after wards. My room is messy as hell too so I bruise a lot.

Hi there

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When I go to sleep I win 10 Oscars and star in many great films as well as having enough cash to drown myself in. I then wake up.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I do the thing where when you're just spiraling into sleep and you suddenly wake up feeling like you've hit the bed, but that's done by pretty much everyone isn't it?

I do that all the time, it gets annoying after a while.

I personally have a pretty bad sleeping disorder.
At most, I get about..eh, maybe an hour of sleep a night, and that's on a good night.
When I /AM/ sleeping, I don't just sleep walk.
I sleep talk, yell, sing, open windows, play video games, and all sorts of things. Most of this is caught on tape. Its pretty great to see myself stumbling down the stairs and attempting to do other things whilst sleeping.

Ammako

My friend always talks when sleeping.

For example, once he said: "Not this one, the one in Europe." And also later he said "You don't play the guitar well Will."

Also, once he was sleeping, he gets up and sits on his bed, but he still is sleeping.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I sleep walked twice. Once, I walked over to the new couch, pissed on it, and went to sleep in the armchair. The other time, I walked over to the more comfortable guest bed and fell asleep there.