• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Cresselia VS Darkrai!

In Canalave City, while exploring and looking for the gym, Ash & Co. fall into the world of nightmares. It seems that Darkrai is nearby and lettling loose its dark powers. However, legends say Cresselia is also nearby and when she appears, a climatic battle between Cresselia & Darkrai is sure to take place...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well from the pics it looks like everyone in that place are having problem in sleeping because of the nightmares (don't know whether its because of Darkrai or the weird machine that TR has). And it looks like Team Rocket are selling fake Lunar Wings to everyone. This is as much as i understood from the pics till now. Will post more later.

Edit:- After blasting of TR early in the episode the Ash & co go to sleep only to be scared by Darkrai's nightmare & everyone wakes up because of it & can't sleep at all. And i think that everyone then go to a cave sort of place (maybe the went to either New Moon Isles or the Full Moon Isles).

Edit:- Well it seems Brock was the one who identified the Real & Fake Lunar Wings & also we see Dawn use Swinub (not initially for battle but to use its sences to snif out the Real Lunar Wing & to find its source) in this episode & it has evolved to Piloswine in this episode while trying to save Dawn & others & Cresselia from TR.

Then we see Darkrai appearing & i think bith Cresselia & Darkrai have a fight (in front of Ash & Co & Jenny). And i think the episode ends here after the fight. This episode Oak asked question about Flygon.

Pics,
[IMG139]http://i38.*******.com/i50r44.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i38.*******.com/2ijra53.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i37.*******.com/294pjjs.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i36.*******.com/16ao8if.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i36.*******.com/1twlec.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i35.*******.com/a9wcq0.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This should have been titled 'Cliché Team Rocket Plot! Swinub evolves?!' , because for an episode called 'Cresselia vs. Darkrai', there sure wasn't much Cresselia vs. Darkrai in it. Of course, two tackles into one another before Cresselia rises up and....screams is incredible no matter which way you slice it, but I'm Gravy. I'm a rebel, and I'm not going to let the opinions of the masses sway ME!
This was rather lame.

Swinub evolved in the most generic way possible and we see Hikari still has the Lunar Wing she obtained in the 10th movie, but that was pretty much it.

It makes me want to buy platinum though.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
This should have been titled 'Cliché Team Rocket Plot! Swinub evolves?!' , because for an episode called 'Cresselia vs. Darkrai', there sure wasn't much Cresselia vs. Darkrai in it. Of course, two tackles into one another before Cresselia rises up and....screams is incredible no matter which way you slice it, but I'm Gravy. I'm a rebel, and I'm not going to let the opinions of the masses sway ME!
This was rather lame.

Swinub evolved in the most generic way possible and we see Hikari still has the Lunar Wing she obtained in the 10th movie, but that was pretty much it.

It makes me want to buy platinum though.
So much for the BS people say about the movies being in a different "reality" then eh? :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
So wait...that means Bogie sold her a *real* Lunar Wing then? He has legendary artifacts and sells them to just about anyone?

Now my theory about him just got a hell of a lot weirder.

firelovindocker

Nnooooo
they stuffed another legendary anime battle

csisps_26

Roark <3
OK, so how was it, guys? I don't mind spoilers, so bleh. I know Swinub evolved, but I heard about one of the most funny mistakes they'd ever do - Mamoswine in the opening instead of Piloswine. :p How was it overall? And from all the complains I see... :D

Oh, and Blackjack Gabbiani - Are you trying to imply that the guy selling the Lunar Wing is Tabitha form the manga? Or is it just me?

firelovindocker

if manowsine is in the opening they must of misked it up with the one from future eps OOOOHHHHHHH

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well here is a summary of the episode by "PKMN_Veteran" of Bulbagarden Forums,
Short Summary and Impressions:
- Strange noise comes from Mio Gym but a sleepy guy comes in saying Yougan isn't there
- Group stops by Officer Jun to find her sleepy as well. Tells everyone that people having nightmares possibly from Darkrai
- Rocket-dan selling some feathers that were supposed to help everyone sleep but get caught and blasted by Pikachu
- Satoshi's nightmare is a lower-budget version of the nightmare from the Darkrai movie. Everyone seems to have experienced a nightmare
- Everyone travels to an island with Rocket-dan following
- They find a real Lunar Wing and Piplup tries to sniff out Crecilia but ends up finding a Koduck
- Urimoo ends up finding the place where Crecilia is
- Crecilia falls victim to Rocket-dan's Legendaries can be caught net. Everyone else is captured as well
- Urimoo ends being the only one able to fight Rocket-dan and evolves into Manmoo (It was in the OP already!)
- Manmoo then blasts Rocket-dan to wherever
- Crecelia goes over to Mio City in order to find the source of the nightmares and Darkrai appears
- It is found that the machine Rocket-dan brought made Darkrai appear
- Crecelia uses what appears to be Lunar Dance and Darkrai goes away

Orchid-Hakase Lecture: Flygon

This episode had a plot more geared toward Crecilia's ability to dispel nightmares. There was not much of a fight between Crecila and Darkrai which was different from the impressions given by the preview. It ends up being used for Urimoo's evolution.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh, and Blackjack Gabbiani - Are you trying to imply that the guy selling the Lunar Wing is Tabitha form the manga? Or is it just me?

Given that the first time we see him, he's working for an ex-Magma? Yes.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Finally, we see the movies cross over into canon-land. Dawn still has the Lunar Wing she obtained in Alamos town in movie 10.

Did they mention anything about seeing Darkrai before in Alamos Town? Is it the same Darkrai? Because it seems kinda odd that in movie 10, he was a good guy, and now he's portrayed as ab "bad guy".

csisps_26

Roark <3
Given that the first time we see him, he's working for an ex-Magma? Yes.

Oh yes. He was working for Butler... :p I know what you mean, in terms of the similarity we see. Resemblance, resemblance.

I'm surprised though, Dawn still has her Lunar Wing. Well, that goes to show that there is a connection between movies & the anime besides the Mewtwo plot.
---
How was the whole episode? Hm?

- Group stops by Officer Jun to find her sleepy as well. Tells everyone that people having nightmares possibly from Darkrai

Lucario At Service, you do notice that PKMN_Veteran did that silly mistake, right? :D I think PKMN_Veteran was suppose to write Junsa, not Jun. Unless PKMN_Veteran meant a short form, then... that's a different case.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
There's always been a connection between the show and the movies. Why are you acting like this is something new? I think the only one that wasn't referenced in the main series somehow was the third one.

csisps_26

Roark <3
^ Blackjack_Gabbiani - I'm not. Just a statement. -_-".

So, how, exactly, was the battle between Cresselia & Darkrai? It looked horrible from the preview. So... you know...

Irene

Rather bizarre
Is it CONFIRMED the Lunar Wing Dawn has is the same she obtained in the 10th movie...? After all, they all get nightmares anyway that night. While watching the thing, I was under the impression she just had got it in the same place as everyone else (Team Rocket) but that's me and my knowledge of Japanese language (zero)... >.>

As much as I love the 10th movie, this episode better not being related to it at all. Specially because this Darkrai is just randomly retarded. And of course they need to use the PokéDex to check what Pokémon it is.

Irene

Rather bizarre
Anyways, how long was the battle between the great Moon Turky and our Shadowy Friend?

You know the trailer?
... there wasn't much more than that. I think Darkrai appeared for only like one minute or something.