• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
Suikun's definately got the right idea. Look at this as a comedy, instead of the serious hoo-hah it was supposed to be. It's much more watchable after that.

You mean it was supposed to be serious? XD

I was definitely amused. Of course, I mostly wanted to see it because Darkrai was in it. But Cresselia was really pretty (though also apparently really lazy), and Swinub was cute and I thought it was cool when it tried to save everyone and then evolved (can't say anything about the similarity to Phanpy's evolution, as I never saw that as far as I can remember). And Cresselia and Darkrai slamming into each other for a few seconds... aww, it looked like when a little kid makes action figures fight. It was cute. XD

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Anyone think the Flygon in Oak's lecture acted like Pipkup?
Yes, it was a little too close for comfort. All those times Piplup has leapt into the air and entombed a human in sand, before folding it's arms in a huff.

Great, now they're advertising Piplup indirectly.
So, hows about that Madagascar 2? There are so many penguins in that film that I'll be damned if Dreamworks and Gamefreak aren't in cahoots.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Byron's gym looks suspiciously tall. Almost as if some sort of multi-level puzzle was inside. ...naaah.
-Oh wait, by the sound of that scream Ash really just found the portal to Hell.
-CYRUS?!
-Oh wait, not quite. Honestly now animators, reusing MAJOR character designs? That's just sickening.
-Nobody in town can sleep, and Dawn's first impulse is to...shop. WIMMIN, EH?
-Ohshit, MOVIE CONTINIUTY! I guess this means that Whatshisface from movie 10 sold Dawn a LEGENDARY ARTIFACT and therefore BLAAARGGHJAHCKSG.
-Brock is apparently qualified to identify fake versions of legendary artifact feathers that are bafflingly referred to as if they were an entire wing.
-Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am that the writers/animators have tried to avoid having TR's motto be the same old thing over and over and over again? That got so old back in Kanto/those island things nobody remembers/Johto.
-Apparently everyone fully recovered from the effects of sleep deprivation without even one night's sleep passing.
-Low budget version of Ash's nightmare from movie 10, ahoi! Space God dragons not included.
-AshnCo are apparently sleeping in the police station?
-Low-budget 3D models of Cyrus and the TG Commanders, along with some POKEMON CARD MERCHANDISE, ahoi! ...wait, I'm supposed to be commenting on the ep, not the commercials.
-Piplup is now able to track scents! Furthermore it cooks, cleans, freshens the air, finds your missing socks, and removes unsightly calluses from your feet, all for the low low price of $39.99 Call in the next ten minutes and we'll throw in a second Piplup ABSOLUTELY FREE!
-Oh wait, Piplup just found a Psyduck. Silly Piplup, Psyduck don't even have feathers! ...Not that Cresselia look like they have feathers either, but come on now!
-Come to think of it, why the hell would that feather still smell like Cresselia after god-knows-how-long in Dawn's pocket/bag/hat/hammerspace?
-Swinub is so excited to be used for a change. :3
-Glow all you want Cresselia, but I can't take you seriously as long as you're so high-pitched and so pink.
-Swinub is going to give itself a concussion trying to do something for a change.
-Look at Dawn's tearful concern for a Pokemon she apparently only has out of its ball when feeding it and having it track legendary Pokemon.
-Congratulations! Your Furry Brown Little Munchlax has evolved into Walking Fur Tumor!
-Wait, wasn't this episode supposed to be about Cresselia and Darkrai doing things?
-Oh wait, Cresselia's doing something now. It's...GLOWING MORE!
-And now it summoned the Darkrai of the Opera.
-TIME FOR A BATTLE THAT WILL ROCK LIGHT AND DARKNESS THEMSELVES!
-Bumping into each other four times before Cresselia glows a lot and Darkrai goes away(but not before showing off those lovely legs it has!) is rocking light and darkness themselves, right?
-I'll admit I was a tad more optimistic about the battle than most people, even though I didn't think it'd be SPECTACULAR, but...30 seconds of the episode? Really now? Even Groudon and Kyogre had more action than that.
-Final grade: D minus. See me after class.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I finally saw the infamous Cresselia vs Bug net scene. This episode will go down in history as the most unintentionally funny episode of Pokemon ever made. :p

I actually liked Swinub's evo scene. It made me feel sorry for the little furball.

Oh, and Shimura rocks.[/obligatory AD comment]

Having now seen it, I can really feel the disappointment of everyone else. The actual episode I loved. That was, until the epic 'clash' occurred. C'mon - mega poor.
Swinub's evolution was good, because it showed it can have its uses, but only as a last resort, when everyone else is incapacitated... No nod to the upcoming disobedience though...

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
Is it just me or did Meowth say "I'm gay" when TR blasted off?

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
The last episode of Season11 and I felt nothing for it!

It really frustrating when you think this episode is gonna blow you away but no!

Legendaries yes, but they didnt make it dramatic at all. The battle between darkrai and cresselia happened too suddenly, that needed to be longer, and generally the episode wasnt very exciting. I very bad end to the season.

Tf5174

i just seened this eposide on youtube last night and does anybody know when season 12 starts? because i want to see the rotom eposide

HoennMaster

Minus the "amazing" battle between Darkrai and Cresselia, I thought it was a pretty good episode. What was the point of replacing Piloswine's voice when it does almost the same exact thing?

Devastator1

of all the legendary scuffle we have even seen this had to be the worst. with darkrai being able to hold its own against palkia and dialga in the movie you would kind of expected there to be more explosions but no...I actually forget how the fight end, thats how boring it was. swinub evolvolution was the saving grace of this ep.

Dattebayo

Banned
I was sadly disappointed in this episode. I thought there was going to be a big battle between Darkrai and Cresselia, but it happened at the end of the episode and was short as heck. Swinub's battle time and evolving seen didn't due me much either because ever since the swine flu craze going on, whenever I see Swinub and its evolved forms, it reminds me of the disease straight away.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
This time I actually counted how many times Darkrai and Cressila hit eachother.

But other than the pathetic excuse for a battle at the end, this episode isn't all bad. Swinub does something (which tiggers it's evolution but...) And there were a few funny moments to it.
Though, I can't help but laugh and feel a little angry over how bad that battle was...