• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sleight of Sand! (533)

Meowth-Fan

RocketShipper!!!
This episodes wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but I still liked it. It was nice to see Butch and Cassidy again. And I thought it was funny when Pachirisu fell into Hippodown's mouth and kept popping out of him. I give it 7/10.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was cool. It was funny when Pachirisu kept popping out of Hippowdon's back. A little cool to see Butch and Cassidy with new pokemon. It was also cool to see a Hippowdon as well. If I may also add some more things; I always find it funny with constant name mispronunciations on Butch and Dr. Namba as well as Cassidy and Jessie’s hatred for each other. Fire Fang, like Thunder Fang was a little unimpressive. I also found Butch’s quote “These dummies deal with these every week?” to be hilarious.

Last edited:

AstralEon

The one and only.
This episode was pretty good. Surprised to see Butch and Cassidy in this. Also, I was surprised to see Butch having a Shuckle, then felt disappointed. Why a Shuckle? I guess its the most forgotten pokemon and they just added it there.

Funny how Pachirisu kept popping out of Hippowdon, also disturbing. Is Hippowdon really that hallow? Couldnt Hippowdon fell that in him? Stuff like this doesnt make any sense so why bother saying anything.

The Mech battle was good and all. Funny how TR and B & C didnt notice Ash and co. running away while they were fighting. The Meowth Ballon face impression was random to me and werid.

As the for animation, i couldn't care less. Dub episodes will always have poor animation on them. So I wont bother complaining about it. I worry more on movies instead, those are the big ones that needs to be well prepared.

7/10

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Dub episodes will always have poor animation on them.
I think the only phrase that could sum up my current thoughts on this quote would be a well-placed '...What?'.

Rebeccag

I found thid episode good for a filler. I liked Butch and Cassiady appearing again it always makes me laugh how they misprounouce Butchs name and i like the rivarly also between Cassiady and Jessie. The Pachrisu getting stuck inside Hippowdon made me laugh as well poor little thing. I wasnt so keen on the ending though i found it a bit rushed but overall i enjoyed it

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
It's possible that Giovanni doesn't CARE about Pikachu, anymore. I mean, if Jessie and James were to end up fired for a SECOND time, then maybe those two would end up having to just give up Team Rocket, part ways, and James would have to marry Jezebelle. You know: "You're not running properly, let me show you the right way!"

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
i thought the "Sleight of sand!" was a pretty good episode, especially for a filler.
I really like how Butch and Cassady returns. the dr.namba parts I thought were good.
the animation was good, just like the japanese version.
overall, a 7/10. wish it was more intresting. but still good enough.

uber gon

Accept Change
I was kinda hoping Nanba's final shot meant we'd see more of Butch and Cassidy, but I guess not.

Meh, would've been nice to see Fire Fang hit.

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
i have a question
i didnt get to see this episode
does anybody know were i can see it online

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
i have a question

Go and search "Sleight of Sand" on Youtube.

I like how Cassidy's reaction when Jesse and James came out with the Slowbro machine.
Cassidy said something about being pink and I nearly choked on my muffin.:D

Cobalt_Latios

I think the only phrase that could sum up my current thoughts on this quote would be a well-placed '...What?'.
My thoughts exactly. Using the dub to put blame on everything to avoid the reality that the episode probably didn't have good animation to begin with.

i have a question
go to AOL video and type in "Sleight of Sand". You'll find the entire episode there uncut.

I rather enjoyed it. I loled when it was:

Ash and Jessie: It's Cassidy
Brock and James: It's Biff!

Though, I noticed they actually screwed up Nanba's name a heck of a lot more than Butch. Then at one point, Cassidy just completely wrecks his name (hotch), "that doesn't even rhyme."

I preferred the comedy aspect in this episode more than the episode itself. For that reason, I was able to bypass every other "minor" aspect and have myself a good time. You guys should consider this too. It would help to appreciate the entertainment factor the episode is trying to show.

Oh well, this weekends episode will be great. LUCARIO!!

~C_L~

bigbossman

I just watched this episode and I didn't really like it.
the only part i liked was that Butch and Cassidy came back and the hippopotoas (or how do you call it)
I also look forward to the next episode where they finnaly will arrive at the town were the gym is located

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
The animation and the script were especially bad here, I don't think PUSA put much effort into this, it was doomed from the start.

I wonder how all those pokemon could enjoy playing around in arid enviroment, with weeds in random places, let alone build a sandcastle, when the only described piece to this perfect setting was the sky. If I see a good sky, it doesn't mean I'll stop just anywhere to roll around in the dirt.

It's pretty sick how Pachirisu climbs in and out of any holes present in Hippowdon. Don't worry about it Dawn, in a matter of minutes Pachi's gonna give Hippowdon some irritable bowel syndrome.

Meowth's throwing away the script! Good move.

Butch + Cassidy + lousy intro = gtfo

Nothing rhymes with Butch anymore huh? Well that time had to come eventually...though I could think of one more..

I like Cassidy's voice, even if it feels that it doesn't suit her.

Professor Fanboy? What did that Jessie say?!

I love that James firing the launcher action sequence. Throw in Shuckle's voice and we have a party.

The Pokemon Mech battle was a highly redeeming moment in this episode.

Great. You wait until the last few minutes to use the Yawn bubble gag.

"That's Hippowdon's Hyper Beam!"
At this point, only Gligar cares.

Hippowdon doing the Volt Tackle? Wouldn't mind seeing other pokemon's voices do that, but if I have to stand for another crappy sequence...!

B: Those dummies put up with this every week?
C: Go to sleep!

Team Rocket should get a raise. Otherwise go back to bed, Butch!

5/10 I'll never forgive for what Pokemon Chronicles did to B and C.

I don't see how it was so poorly animated....oh well. It was nice seeing Chimchar play around in the beginning of the episode.

WHAT?! Have you seen Turtwig, Hippopotas, and when James sent out Carnivine? Well it was a good episode, always liked Butch and Cassidy. Shuckle's voice after getting hit by Thunderbolt...WIN!!!

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Dub episode was ok...funny in a way, but it wasn't exactly a "funny" episode. Probably a slight terrible script writing.

aipom1234

Master Coordinator
This episode really makes me realize how much I HATE Ash's dub voice.

And something that really shocked me was that Dawn actually had to throw Piplup's Pokeball out.