• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sleight of Sand! (533)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pachirisu in Hippowdon's Mouth?!

On their way to Veilstone, Pachirisu gets stuck in a Hippowdon. While trying to get it out, Ash & Co. discover that not one, but two Team Rocket groups are trying to capture the Hippowdon and the Hippopotas. With the help of his old Hippopotas friend, Ash must stop them. Will Team Rocket be stopped and will Pachirisu be rescued?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Thriller

Its almost time
lulz, did Ahs get Hipotus?[/sarcasm]

A Shuckle? Well, its decent if you want to have nice, long battles. I gotta wonder why there's been so many Johto Pokemon getting the spotlight lately.

Did Gligar get to do anything in this episode?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
^ As far as i know (by seeing the pics) i don't think any pokemon other than Hippopotas, Hippowdon did anything useful (though i am not completely sure)

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
So what happened to Hippopotalard? Did it go into the company of Hippownom, or is it still being as retarded as ever?

Dax

Legend
Ooh, Shuckle. We saw a brief cameo of Dunsparce, now Shuckle and Grandbull, then we have Marina who's being showing a lot lately. This is too much Johto coincidence.

Alfonso

Derpgull
wth, Shuckle and Granbull? What an odd choice of Pokemon for both Butch and Cassidy. Having them blast off is a tad annoying though, I really wish they go back to being arrested. It sort of proved their superior Team Rocket status compared to Jessie and James. Now they having nothing to compare to.

I'm all for them appearing more, but now it's in an episode in the main series let's get back to the competent Butch and Cassidy we once knew. In Hoso it could be excused, they needed villians and they fit the bill. But now we have two sets of not-so-threatening villians. Unless they did something today that changed this.

Also, Nanba better have done something worthwhile.

I'm sure Shuckle has been in a few random background scenes or something. I can't quite remember. Grandbull is AWESOME to see again though. <3

Shocking Pink~

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Shuckle?

Aw shucks, just what the boss ordered.

I was disturbed by the lack of Gligar in this episode. Buizel and Chimchar haven't done alot either lately...

uber gon

Accept Change
lulz, did Ahs get Hipotus?[/sarcasm]

A Shuckle? Well, its decent if you want to have nice, long battles. I gotta wonder why there's been so many Johto Pokemon getting the spotlight lately.

Did Gligar get to do anything in this episode?

Dude, games =/= animé. For all we know, Shuckle could be as powerful as a Deus Ex Skitty.:D

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
So Butch has a Shuckle now, of all things, and Cassidy has a Granbull.

Superb. Both of these guys were Dunsparce level pokémon, and the fact that they're actually interesting creatures in their own right only serves to sweeten the deal.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
When was the last time Granbull or Shuckle were even in episodes? I can't remember, we haven't seen these two since their Johto fillers, right?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Here comes Johto ... invading your Sinnoh.

Shuckle is awesome. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been beaten by one.

Surprising that Butch and Cassidy didn't seem to have the Charizard and Aggron ordered for them way back in the Battle Frontier. Would've filled Jessie and James with all kinds of awful feelings. Not like they needed any help in that department.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Ya know, Cyber, I think you may have been right about these long-missed Johto Pokemon receiving "redemption" (though Shuckle was, admittedly, in one of Johto's best episodes). Just give me my Dunsparce episode and I'll be happy. Preferrably an episode about a radioactive Dunsparce, featuring laser vision, acid drool, and Hulk power.

I've already expressed numerous times how much I loathe that Hippopotas for being so bloody adorable. I wish it a quick yet painful death. I've also expressed numerous times how I miss the days when Botch & Cassidy actually had crafty schemes and weren't mirror images of J&J. Sure, it was nice to see them in Sinnoh, but I really wouldn't mind if we don't see them again until Galactic exits the picture, as the writers should place a much higher emphasis on DP's main villains. That said, also like J&J, they provided some nice comic relief, and the little mecha feud between the two teams was entertaining. I also got a real kick out of Granbull and Seviper biting each other.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ya know, Cyber, I think you may have been right about these long-missed Johto Pokemon receiving "redemption" (though Shuckle was, admittedly, in one of Johto's best episodes). Just give me my Dunsparce episode and I'll be happy. Preferrably an episode about a radioactive Dunsparce, featuring laser vision, acid drool, and Hulk power.

Yeah, they really are making an effort to show a good portion of Johto Pokemon. Don't forget the Quilava/Croconaw double battle we got early on in D/P too. Heck, even Harley gave Octillery the justice it deserved.

Aside from Dunsprace, the only other Johto Pokemon that hasn't appeared since like...ever is Quilfish. What the hell...most forgettable Pokemon ever? Have we seen this thing at all since that one Whirl Cup episode it was in?

In any case, I like Butch/Cassidy so I hope this isn't going to be their only appearance in Sinnoh

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
I like that Jessie's and Cassidy's angry sexy rivalry goes on. And finally the perfect pokemon for Cassidy: a bitch.

shac

Is Hippowdon the ugliest pokemon ever or what?
Every time I see it questions like, "what the hell happened to its ears?" keeps popping in my mind.