• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sliding Into Seventh (595)

I think it was best of the sinnoh gym battles so far. All four had its shiny moments (well, little exception to Gilgar) and action was all smooth and dynamic. I liked how Gligar smashed into the wall and made a huge dent on it. Also, following episode is one of the most looked-forward episode, Jindai vs Shinji.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Dawn better be careful because if Candice keep liking Ash, then for Pearlshippers, Dawn may have a romantic rival beside Angie.

HoennMaster

It was too rushed to be the best battle.

Torpoleon

I think it was best of the sinnoh gym battles so far. All four had its shiny moments (well, little exception to Gilgar) and action was all smooth and dynamic. I liked how Gligar smashed into the wall and made a huge dent on it. Also, following episode is one of the most looked-forward episode, Jindai vs Shinji.
Actually Gligar was a Gliscor. Just wanted to point that out for you.

Anyways, I just wish that Gliscor had beaten Snover so that all of Ash's Pokemon (except for obviously Pikachu and Buizel) got one win. Chimchar would still be the star either way, even if Gliscor did beat Snover.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I also wanted Gliscor to get at least one win in. It's only ever won one major match which is quite sad considering it's great potential. Let's hope for some redeeming League matches, maybe even against an Ice-type!

Torpoleon

I also wanted Gliscor to get at least one win in. It's only ever won one major match which is quite sad considering it's great potential. Let's hope for some redeeming League matches, maybe even against an Ice-type!
Gliscor will most likely get redemption in the Sunyshore Gym. At least Gliscor landed one Fire Fang and slapped it with its tail. That actually should have finished over Snover from my point of view.

great battle! I just when lol when her abomasnow so scary an taugh, at the last round she/he fainted! I thaught it was going to be up chimchar! LOL
Also Team Rocket scene is funny. Stuntank was doing a maga fart! lol

victreebel007

Loved the battle but felt it was rushed, should have been a two parter, chimchar snowboarding was amazing!

Torpoleon

Loved the battle but felt it was rushed, should have been a two parter, chimchar snowboarding was amazing!
Chimchar VS Abomasnow was not rushed, but the rest actually was. I don't think it should have been a two parter though, because that would be just silly. Chimchar technically was ice skating, but riding on a piece of ice. That was pretty cool.

HoennMaster

Why would it be silly? They did it with the Sootopolis Gym. Then again that was five on five. They shoudl of did the first battle at the end of DP126.

Torpoleon

Why would it be silly? They did it with the Sootopolis Gym. Then again that was five on five. They shoudl of did the first battle at the end of DP126.
Well those battles were not not rushed in Sootopolis. They probably should have had Gliscor beat Snover and have that be apart of DP126. If the battles in this gym were not rushed, I can see it being a two aprter, but everything up to Chimchar VS Abomasnow was rushed.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
If this keep this up, Candice might have a crush on Ash as she winks at him.

STICKTOPIA

ahh man gliscor staraptor .... I cant believe gliscor did so badly what did wood hammer look like
wood hammer looked like what abomasnow did to grotle.

You can't blame Gliscor for losing. Both of its types are weak against Ice-type moves, so any that hit it will do x4 damage. I was not surprised Chimchar was the one to finish off Abomasnow. Both of Abomasnow's types are weak against Fire, so it had the same disadvantage that Gliscor had faced.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
You can't blame Gliscor for losing. Both of its types are weak against Ice-type moves, so any that hit it will do x4 damage. I was not surprised Chimchar was the one to finish off Abomasnow. Both of Abomasnow's types are weak against Fire, so it had the same disadvantage that Gliscor had faced.

Yeah, but anime almost never follows this logic.

I want to see this and paul vs. ash so much! When is it coming out dubbed?

Now that's what I like to see! A decent all-out battle!
Abomasnow's Wood Hammer was immense, absolutely destroying Grotle like that, although I was surprised that recoil effects weren't shown, as that may have given you more reason to believe that Chimchar could over power the Yeti after that attack.
Sneasel, once again, got the bad end of the deal. It never seems to win! However, I'm glad that Medicham was also taken down easily, as I'm not a massive fan of its typing (it should really learn to use a keyboard! ;D).
My favourite part though was Chimchar sensing Snover's presence in the steam room. Very good, if not explained at all!
And the best part 'til last. Shinji!

STICKTOPIA

Yeah, but anime almost never follows this logic.

I want to see this and paul vs. ash so much! When is it coming out dubbed?
sometime in november.

Torpoleon

Great gym battle! Three of my favorite battle themes were used in the battle! Paul's eyebrows seemed to be lighter than usual. I still do think that Gliscor should have beaten Snover. Or at least tied.

Dattebayo

Banned
Since Candice isn't using some of the Pokemon she was using in Platinum and only from Diamond and Pearl, I'm guessing the same will happen to Volkner, unless the writers want to use his Electivire. I like how Abomasnow just took down Ash's Pokemon as if it were nothing. Chimchar surfing around the battleground was an excellent environmental strategy to take down Abomasnow quickly. Paul just barely shows up at the end of the episode, I guess Ash must've won his 7th badge first before him. Now I'll just to wait and see how Zoey will react to Paul's way of training.

JD

Good gym battle that fire fang and smack of the tail shouldve been enough to take out snover.