• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Torpoleon

Good gym battle that fire fang and smack of the tail shouldve been enough to take out snover.
Well, Snover IS a gym leader's Pokemon. Gliscor was probably very close to beating Snover because then, just one Flamethrower from Chimchar KOed Snover.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i loved the ice surfing, it looked so fun. i really thought the battle would be two episodes though...
but the whole paul is cool, i just thought he would already be past ash

Vernikova

Champion
Candice seemed to be a pretty soft Gym Leader. Most of her Pokémon were easily defeated rather quickly. I would've liked it if they let Candice use Froslass and some other Ice-type Pokémon in place of Snover and Medicham.

The battle itself wasn't too thrilling. I found it better than Ash's battle against Crasher Wake but it really isn't that exciting when compared to Ash's battles against Fantina and Byron.

Now that was both a relaxing and chilling episode to watch. Marvelous indeed.

i loved the ice surfing, it looked so fun.

I thought it was cool too. Also isn't it odd how we are making puns after we recently watched the episode? :D I also love the visual effects in the backgrounds (e.g. Snover using Ice Shard or Powder Snow with that warm cool looking background with the glowing. I wanna know how the animators do that.)

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, Abomasnow pwn'd 3 of Ash's pokemon. :p I thought it was a great episode with the 7th gym battle. :)

After we saw a familiar face at the end, Im really looking forward to the next episode now!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was awesome. It was cool to see Wood Hammer. I also like how Abomasnow is so strong that it didn’t even move from its spot after being called out. It was awesome how Chimchar skated on the ice and Abomasnow getting all frustrated over it. Ash’s gym battle was quite epic.

HookShot

Shiny get!
Great episode. Abomasnow was awesome, smacking three of Ash's pokemon without even moving. Seeing Wood Hammer was one of my favorite parts, great look for the move.
Snowboarding Chimchar was great too, and Grotle was good.

This was my first episode in a while, so I'm glad it was a good one.

Linkdarkside

well the battle was decent but not the best gym battle in sinoh.

Chimchar Snowboarding remind me of Mario 64 koopa shellboarding.

Since Candice isn't using some of the Pokemon she was using in Platinum and only from Diamond and Pearl, I'm guessing the same will happen to Volkner, unless the writers want to use his Electivire. I like how Abomasnow just took down Ash's Pokemon as if it were nothing. Chimchar surfing around the battleground was an excellent environmental strategy to take down Abomasnow quickly. Paul just barely shows up at the end of the episode, I guess Ash must've won his 7th badge first before him. Now I'll just to wait and see how Zoey will react to Paul's way of training.
well we dont know how many week or months the se episodes were in production so it possible that Volkner have his Pt team which i hope he have.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Good Episode , it felt kinda rushed but still the Gym battle was better than the Crasher Wake one XP. I noticed that even though Gliscor got beaten by snover there it still did some damage to it. Plus since Chimchar beat him with a single flamethrower it would mean that if Gliscor final Fire Fang would had hit I think Snover should have gone down XD . I still love how Candice showed her attitude in this episode 8D , Still love her voice . Abomasnow showed that it was really strong defeating 3/4 of the Pokemon Ash used in the match , Wood Hammer ( I think that what the attack name ) was cool to watch Grottle's Face when he was KO'ed was funny to see ROFL XD . And the Ice surfing part was cool to see :p it was kinda funny to see Abomasnow get mad when Chomchar was surfing around him XDDD. Paul appearing at the end so the plot for next episode to start was a nice touch there to end the episode.

Good Episode Overall. :)

good episode in my opinion, although final fight Chimchar vs Abomasnow wasnt that exciting. IT would have been better if they let chimchar use blaze and than pawn abomasnows Blizzard with an empowered Flamethrower :)

STICKTOPIA

Wow I never thought I would see Ash getting a gym badge BEFORE Paul.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Today's episode can be summarized as "great gym battle, great episode".

YES FINALLY! It seems that the writers have finally got what I ( and I guess you too) want to see, namely an Ash who is absolutely dominat throughout the first two rounds and proves that he can be a good trainer even without DEM help of any kind.
Writers, will you now pleeeease get that straight in your heads? Repeat exactly this kind of superior battling style in all the upcoming battles (+ give Ash a Gible, and let Cynthia be the invincible Champion forever) and I'll be the happiest Pokemonfan in the whole world!
You may now object that it would probably be boring and predictable if Ash dominated the action every time and won every badge with ease. No, it wouldn't, firstly because we clearly saw today that Ash still had difficulties and had to struggle hard to finally earn the badge and secondly, even if we watched battles of skilled and experienced trainers that wouldn't automatically mean that they have to be dull. On the contrary, the best trainers also put up the most impressive fights.
But after today's battle, I'm quite optimistic when it comes to Ash's future...hopefully the Anime won't prove me wrong (apart from Ash vs. Paul of course).

Well, what else is on my list of noteworthy events? yeah, of course! Gliscor failed!!! Serves him right. The highly praised Gliscor couldn't even take out Snover (I know, I know 4x type disadvantage...) I want to apologize to all Gliscor fans, but given the fact that I still can't get to like that flying scorpion, I just can't help gloating over his, say, subpar performance today :party: Thank God, Ash has other and, above all, competent Pokemon!

Talking of competent Pokemon, this leads me to today's star, Chimchar! I was really delighted by his performance today. Although I didn't like that his Flamethrower was too weak against Aboma(Obama?-)snow, I did find it impressive how he showed some spunk and made the best of the difficult situation. Definitely the two higlights were Chimchar's ultra cool expression on his face after it had sensed Snover and ,of course, Chimchar skating on that ice shard. Hey, you've got to admit that he was really good at it! The final, powerful Flamewheel was the icing (no pun intended :D ) on the cake!

And then we got the mysterious Paul again. I haven't watched the upcoming episodes yet, but judging from what I was told, these are bound to be great. I do hope that Paul's appearance will herald some of the best Sinnoh episodes ever ( of course after the episodes with Queen Cynthia)

All in all an awesome and exciting episode!

8 out of 10 points

thunderblade12

well we dont know how many week or months the se episodes were in production so it possible that Volkner have his Pt team which i hope he have.

I doubt it. Rotom's Platinum forms appeared about 20 episodes ago and Ash and Dawn are wearing their Platinum clothes in the Snowpoint City arc. The writers are well aware of Candice's Platinum team. I'd be willing to bet that not only do the writers know Pokemon Platinum inside and out but they knew every last detail of the game before the game was even announced to the general public. It's their job to know this stuff so Nintendo wouldn't benefit by not letting them in on any "secrets".

Besides, in AG Juan was the gym leader instead of Wallace just like in Emerald but he still used Wallace's team from Ruby/Sapphire

Tf5174

I enjoyed this gym battle but i am waiting for next saturday more. XD

Vipsoccermaster

Just watched this episode. It was good, but it felt it was rushed. Too bad that Gliscor didn't earn a win, though. Chimchar skating around was funny.

And now there comes Paul. Wonder what might be next...

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
"you better behave folks otherwise your parents will get you a Skuntank" :D

i expected their battle to be more interesting though

Good battle, but it was too rushed (except for Abomasnow vs Chimchar), I felt. Shame Gliscor didn't pull off a victory. :|
I loved the battle music in this battle.
Can't wait for the next episode. :D