• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Blaziryu

I thought that the gym battle was alright. I was expecting more from Candice. Maybe she should just stick w/ teaching instead of running a gym. Anyway, I can't to see how Shinji's battle is going to be.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
The first 3 battles went too fast. The whole thing with Abomasnow was predictable, with Ash pulling something out of his *** for a win. I thought the Grotle and Staraptor wins were more impressive to watch. I didn't know WTF Ash was thinking bringing Gliscor out against an Ice leader. Pikachu seemed like it was begging Ash to fight. Though, it was funny seeing Gliscor fighting Snover with its 4x Ice weakness, and then using Fire Fang for its 4x Fire weakness.

I noticed a lack of consistency on the ice field, what with the lack of sliding. On other ice fields, they've had to contend with Ash's Pokemon sliding around the field, but here it was a non-issue. I would've appreciated Chimchar slipping and falling or something.

Candice's voice is so awesome. Haha. She was fun to listen to.

randomspot555

Dub episode was pretty good. I mainly watched it because I wanted to compare Shinji with Paul (I know, like...2 sentences at the end). He's much more of a jerk in the dub, whereas in the raw he seems to be a bit more..I dunno, just keeps to himself?

Really enjoyed the gym battle. Grotle taking those relatively weak hits makes sense, and seeing Rock Climb in action was awesome. Also, any time we get to see Brave Bird AND Close Combat in the same episode is also awesome.

STICKTOPIA

The first 3 battles went too fast. The whole thing with Abomasnow was predictable, with Ash pulling something out of his *** for a win. I thought the Grotle and Staraptor wins were more impressive to watch. I didn't know WTF Ash was thinking bringing Gliscor out against an Ice leader. Pikachu seemed like it was begging Ash to fight. Though, it was funny seeing Gliscor fighting Snover with its 4x Ice weakness, and then using Fire Fang for its 4x Fire weakness.

I noticed a lack of consistency on the ice field, what with the lack of sliding. On other ice fields, they've had to contend with Ash's Pokemon sliding around the field, but here it was a non-issue. I would've appreciated Chimchar slipping and falling or something.

Candice's voice is so awesome. Haha. She was fun to listen to.
if pikachu was begging to fight it would have been louder than that.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Ash scored his first 2 K.O.-s in the fashion of a skilled trainer, but he began blowing it up afterwards. Old empty-headed Ash. Urgh, why didn't TR dig a hole in the floor of the room they barricaded themselves in, like they dug a hole to get inside the Pokemon storage? The writers should let them steal some Pokemon, really...

milenadrg

Episode was OK, I liked it. I would just make Candice's Medicham and Sneasel at least little bit stronger. That Abomasnow was really cool! :D

Cobalt_Latios

Good lord, it's been forever since I've posted about an episode...

Anyhow, I rather enjoyed it. Abomasnow was pretty cool to see, and I thought the "imposing" look it had really added the "abominable" aspect of it. Wood Hammer was awesome, though... glowing blue hand slamming into opponent isn't quite what I had in mind. Oh well.

I liked how this was much more fast paced than in other gyms. Also, this is the first gym in Sinnoh that has 4 Pokemon as opposed to 3 (count them, every gym so far has had only 3).

Also, am I the only one who somewhat... confused about the use of... "Key-ai" or whatever it is that's repeatedly said by Candice? (also, how the hell do you spell it??).

I loved how everyone is just in shock over every little thing that happens in the battle. I mean, especially considering how long both Dawn and Brock have been around Ash, I'd expect them to realize some of his strategies by now. More Brock than Dawn, but that's just me.

<C_L>

Rebeccag

Enjoyed the gym battle. I wasnt expecting Ash to win 2 in a row though. Abomasnow was really cool though but loved Chimchar sledging on the ice and also beating 2 of her pokemon. Wonder what paul is going to do next episode and whenever he will battle candice?

STICKTOPIA

Enjoyed the gym battle. I wasnt expecting Ash to win 2 in a row though. Abomasnow was really cool though but loved Chimchar sledging on the ice and also beating 2 of her pokemon. Wonder what paul is going to do next episode and whenever he will battle candice?
no he will not battle her. he will battle brandon.

Brumrha

Banned
The seventh gym war has arrived! If anything, it's going to be like Dante's Inferno.

- Sneasel VS Grotle! Fight!!
- Sneasel makes like an ice skater & runs all over Grotle, spamming Icy Wind as it goes. Little does it know that Grotle is a tank...
- Once the opportunity arises, Grotle uses Rock Climb as soon as Sneasel gets on an ice chunk, & turns Sneasel into a pancake! Yes!!
- Medicham VS Staraptor! Fight!!
- We interrupt this Gym Fight to bring you this breaking news bulletin! TR has been sighted inside the Pokemon Storage room inside The Snowpoint Trainer's School! Will they succeed? We don't know. We'll bring you more of this story as it unfolds. We will now bring you back to our regularly scheduled Gym Fight.
- Staraptor begins off with a quick attack, but is stopped mid-flight by Medicham's Psychic!
- Staraptor tries again with Aerial Ace, but once more, Medicham stops it, this time with its bare hands. Bad mistake! Staraptor takes advantage of this by using Close Combat!
- Medicham counters with Fire Punch. Another bad mistake, as it most likely have had a better attack than that. Staraptor comes raining down with Brave Bird, & crushes Medicham into the pavement!
- Snover VS Gliscor! Fight!!
- Gliscor manages to get a couple of Fire Fangs on Snover, but it gets blown away with her Ice attacks.
- We once again interrupt this Gym war with this breaking news update! TR has stolen the school's Pokemon, but the school authorities have them on the run! Will they be busted? Or will they get away? We'll find out soon... We now bring you back to our Gym Fight.
- Snover VS Chimchar! Fight!!
- Chimchar starts with a Flamethrower, but Snover's Ice moves combine with the fire which results in the entire Gym getting enshrouded in fog.
- Blinded by the fog, Chimchar calms down & tries to anticipate Snover's moves. It succeeds, & burns that ice tree to the ground! Now Candice is down to her final Pokemon...
- Abomasnow VS Staraptor! Fight!!
- Staraptor comes down with Aerial Ace, but is blown away by Abomasnow's Blizzard!
- Abomasnow VS Grotle! Fight!!
- Grotle comes charging at her, but it gets its skull squashed like a wet paper bag by Abomasnow's Wood Hammer! That's a hell of a concussion...
- The situation is grim for Ash, as this Abomasnow can potentially instagib most anything that he threw at them...
- Final Round!! Abomasnow VS Chimchar! Fight to the Death!!
- Abomasnow gets Chimchar on the ropes with her Ice moves, but a sudden brain wave got it using an ice shard from the arena as a ice sled!
- The tides have turned, as Chimchar runs circles all over Abomasnow, pelting it with its Fire Moves as it goes.
- Frustrated, Abomasnow charges straight towards Chimchar, which counters with Flame Wheel. Abomasnow grabs ahold onto the fireball, thus resulting in the Gym getting enshrouded in fog once more.
- We interrupt this Gym Fight to bring you this breaking news update! It seems that TR has entrenched themselves inside an old pet shed. The authorities can't figure out how to get them out until one of them finds a doggie door!
- He uses his Skuntank, which then crawls inside to deliver a revolting payload to TR. They burst out of the place & flee for their lives! As for the missing Pokemon, they have once again been recovered. This concludes this breaking news story. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
- The looming figure of Abomasnow takes form inside the fog... but once the fog clears up, we find out that she's dead, even though she's still standing! The winner is Ash!!
- Just after he gets his seventh badge, Paul shows up, & challenges Candice. Oh noes!!

The only thing that mars this otherwise great Gym War is the TR plotline coming out of nowhere. Otherwise, it got my blood flowing.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, don't quote me 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure Kiai is a way to focus, which would make sense because the move Focus Punch's Japanese name is Kiai Punch.
I noticed you mentioned that in the discussion of the previous episode. I think I'll stick with that spelling; simple, yet I can see how you'd pronounce it.

The only thing that mars this otherwise great Gym War is the TR plotline coming out of nowhere. Otherwise, it got my blood flowing.
Actually, I find a little bit of stupidity/comic relief is rather welcome every now and then. I did laugh at the excessive amount of locks they put onto the door though.

Eh, that's why I "record" stuff so I can fast forward through the "other" material.

<C_L>

Buizelster

I kinda found it dumb that Abomasnow took down Gliscor and Grottle without even breaking a sweat. Otherwise I felt the battle was great, and of course TR getting owned by a Skuntank was hilarious.

Geodude

Well, don't quote me 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure Kiai is a way to focus, which would make sense because the move Focus Punch's Japanese name is Kiai Punch.

kiai panchi = Focus Punch
kiai dama = Focus Blast
kiai dame = Focus Energy

Therefore, "kiai" can be translated as "focus". In the sub I watched of the Candice episodes, she repeatedly used the term "fighting spirit" so I guess it can mean that too.

Cobalt_Latios

kiai panchi = Focus Punch
kiai dama = Focus Blast
kiai dame = Focus Energy

Therefore, "kiai" can be translated as "focus". In the sub I watched of the Candice episodes, she repeatedly used the term "fighting spirit" so I guess it can mean that too.
Wow, they're only 2 letters difference...

Heh, I learned something about a term I was confused about. Neat!

<C_L>

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Is it me or does it seem that every gym battle follows the same formula?
Ash beats all the gym leader's Pokemon easily without loosing any of his.
Than they call their ace and start crushing all but his last Pokemon which
pulls through. It was still a fun battle to watch, it just seemed like such
an easy win.

When he faces Volkner, I hope he looses before reaching the Luxray.