• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was one of the more unimpressive Gym battles in the Sinnoh Saga in my honest opinion. I had such high hopes for the seventh Sinnoh Gym battle and for Candice but it turned out to be almost like a joke in a few ways. As always, the star is Chimchar and it's win against Candice and Abomasnow was cheap in the way that it was rushed. 5/10.

Last edited:

Geodude

That was one of the occasions where a close-to-direct translation wasn't necessarily the best thing. In Japanese, Zoey always referred to Candice as "senpai", which means senior or mentor. There isn't really an English equivalent, so they decided to just sort-of translate it and the results were a bit awkward. The closest things we have in English would be "ma'am" or "miss", which don't imply the same type of relationship that senpai does.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm surprised Ash got through this gym in only one episode, considering he has three pokemon with ice-type weaknesses (and one with a x4 weakness, Gliscor), only one pokemon with both type and move type advantages plus just one more with a move type advantage (again, Gliscor, with fire fang), and Pikachu and Buizel wouldn't be much help against it theoretically. At least he pulls off a win, but considering the odds against him I'm surprised he did.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Meh. Okay episode. Not the best gym battle of Sinnoh. Chimchar was worshipped again.

Fantina>Maylene>Gardenia>Candice>Roark>Byron>Wake.

7/10.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm surprised Ash got through this gym in only one episode, considering he has three pokemon with ice-type weaknesses (and one with a x4 weakness, Gliscor), only one pokemon with both type and move type advantages plus just one more with a move type advantage (again, Gliscor, with fire fang), and Pikachu and Buizel wouldn't be much help against it theoretically. At least he pulls off a win, but considering the odds against him I'm surprised he did.

What I'm more surprised from is the fact that Gliscor was very weak, his types /moves against Candice were able to beat one pokemon at least. Fire Fang wasn't able to beat an Ice pokemon, but Grass and Ice moves defeated him very quickly. In this case Ash's Pikachu would not have helped more.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Chimchar once again steals the show. I honestly didn't enjoy much about this Gym battle. OK episode.

-Salamence-

Is it me or does it seem that every gym battle follows the same formula?
Ash beats all the gym leader's Pokemon easily without loosing any of his.
Than they call their ace and start crushing all but his last Pokemon which
pulls through.

It's not only you.....

A gym battle episode? This I gotta see!

- Wow. Sneasel is quite the skater, isn't he/she?

- Awesome! Chimchar is that much cooler after riding that piece of ice! Go Chimchar!!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Chimchar beat Abomasnow and made a fool of it

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Chimchar beat Abomasnow and made a fool of it

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. Ash ended up using 3 Pokemon weak against Ice-Type Pokemon, 2 of which are double-weak against Ice-Type Pokemon. It was great to see Chimchar do so well in the Gym Battle. Chimchar looked cool using broken Ice pieces like a skateboard to get around the Ice. It was great how Grotle took advantage of its defenses, withstood the Icy Wind attack and knock Sneasel out with Rock Climb. Staraptor looked great knocking Medicham out easily. Gliscor battled well against Snover, but still was knocked out. Abomasnow took out 3 of Ash's Pokemon very easily... Chimchar was able to knock out Snover. Chimchar was fun to watch, especially the strategy to defeat Abomasnow. It was cool to see a Wood Hammer attack. I'm glad Ash won his 7th badge.

95/100

I knew Chimchar would win the battle........again. I still liked the battle.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I wasn't a fan of how...buffoon-ish Abomasnow came off. I know it isn't the most terrifying looking Pokemon, but it just looked terrible in this episode.

Not a bad battle but nothing sticks out as great - although I like Ash's 'rest for later' strategy he's adopted this saga.

Sinnoh Ash

Electrifying Hair
Is it me or does it seem that every gym battle follows the same formula?
Ash beats all the gym leader's Pokemon easily without loosing any of his.
Than they call their ace and start crushing all but his last Pokemon which
pulls through. It was still a fun battle to watch, it just seemed like such
an easy win.

When he faces Volkner, I hope he looses before reaching the Luxray.

Yes most of the Gym battles are either luck on Ash's part&exactly the same formula for every Gym Leader.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It was one of the more unimpressive Gym battles in the Sinnoh Saga in my honest opinion. I had such high hopes for the seventh Sinnoh Gym battle and for Candice but it turned out to be almost like a joke in a few ways. As always, the star is Chimchar and it's win against Candice and Abomasnow was cheap in the way that it was rushed. 5/10.

I don't see how this battle was rushed. It took up most of the episode. Team Rocket really doesn't need to be in some episodes. I mean really. And Zoey is annyoing. I know she likes her friend, but we don't need to hear Senior ever minute.

I guess that user thought since there were more pokemon, the battle would take longer.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked how Candice's Sneasel skated on the ice and I was stunned that Ash's Grotle defeated it pretty quickly as well. Seeing Candice counter attack with her Snover after Ash beat Medicham as well was great, although I felt bad for Ash's Gliscor when it lost. Team Rocket's antics here were funny as well; I felt bad for them after the Skuntank thing.