• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a good episode. I found the entire Chimchar vs Abamasnow match hilarious. I also liked when Pasul showed up at the end.
8/10

JudySpell

Banned
Chimchar getting glorification was expected but Candice didn't put up as much of a fight as I would have liked. I wish she hadn't even used Medicham. 5.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Ash's Chimchar skated on the ice piece, but I thought Candice's pokemon minus Abomasnow seemed kind of weak in general. Team Rocket getting gassed at the end was funny however ha ha.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The first three battles went too fast. Then the whole thing with Abomasnow was predictable, with Ash pulling something out of his *** for a win. I thought the Grotle and Staraptor wins were more impressive to watch. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
when I saw Chimchar facing Abomasnow, I was expecting him to finally evolve.

I kind of thought Chimchar should've evolved here too cuz even with his type advantage against Candice's Abomasnow, his win seemed kind of convenient and him evolving here would've been more believable I think.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Come to think of it, I don't get why Candice got given her boring D/P team with the random Medicham, when she could've used her Platinum roster instead. I'd have rather seen her use Weavile over Sneasel at least.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Was I the only one shouting "WAT WAT WAT" at Abomasnow's Ice Punch? Snorlax's Ice Punch was only ever a normal punch with a bit of a blue glow, why does Abomasnow have the ability to fire a whole blizzard from its hand?

Candice removing her sweater was the best scene; everything else was predictable and stale, including how Chimchar won Ash the last match of the Gym battle.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Candice removing her sweater was the best scene; everything else was predictable and stale, including how Chimchar won Ash the last match of the Gym battle.

I was expecting an evolution for Chimchar at the very least. The fact that it didn't occur here was a mild disappointment. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Come to think of it, I don't get why Candice got given her boring D/P team with the random Medicham, when she could've used her Platinum roster instead. I'd have rather seen her use Weavile over Sneasel at least.

I'm guessing that maybe this episode was completed before Platinum was released, so that could be why Candice used her D/P team. I wouldn't have minded seeing Candice use Weavile cuz we've seen many Sneasels, tho she could've used Froslass too.

I'm guessing that maybe this episode was completed before Platinum was released, so that could be why Candice used her D/P team.

Pretty sure this Gym battle happened almost a year after Platinum had been released, so I'm sure her Platinum team was known to the writers and they gave Candice her old team anyway.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Suzuna versus Satoshi commenced, and although I had a feeling that Hikozaru would defeat Suzuna's ace, I liked seeing Hayashigame and Glion battle, too. Suzuna using both Yukikaburi and Yukinooh surprised me, however.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked Grotle defeating Sneasel with Rock Climb, shame Rock Climb had lost its usefulness after its evolution. I wish Medicham used Ice Punch against Staraptor. Gliscor actually used a move that's 4x effective against Snover, which was cool. Chimchar vs Abomasnow was also epic. The Skuntank scene was hilarious.
8.5/10

Daizy

I call you honey
Chimchar just took the spot from Buizel as being Ash's most overused Pokemon in DP. One thing is for sure he isn't weak. Gliscor failed miserably, as if it was it's first battle ever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, it's rather odd that Suzuna didn't use one of the other Shinou Ice-types in place of Charem. Her using a Fighting-type just felt really bizarre even if she had one in the D/P games as well. Her Platinum team was just better overall, so it's a shame that it wasn't used here.

Last edited:

Scorbunnie

I thought Candice would use her Platinum team because that was better than her Diamond/Pearl team. I like Weavile and Froslass so I was a little sad that she didn't use them for this battle but Chimchar was excellent and he proved why he's my second favorite fire type starter after Scorbunny. :D

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ngl I don’t think this is one of the stronger Sinnoh Gym Battles, I liked parts of it but it being a 4v4 in a single ep meant corners had to be cut. It felt a lot like 3 jobbers on Candice’s side and one actually strong Pokémon, the Alain effect basically. Grotle getting a win was nice, Chimchar put in work. The strategy with Chimchar skating around the ice was cool and very Contest-like, as Zoey said; I just felt like the battle was lacking oomph aside from that.

Paul pulling up at the end gets me so hyped for this next set of episodes. Think I rewatched the preview like 5 times