• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slipknot - Your thoughts of the band.

What do you think of Slipknot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Duality
- Wait and Bleed
- Vermillion
- Before I Forget
- The Blister Exists
<3
Yes i do like them...​

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I hate them. I'll be fair and mention that their particular brand of metal is my least favorite genre. Beyond that, however, they're just...so juvenille. Let's look at some of their awesome lyrics:

F**k everything (except cheese)
I hate my life (but I love cheese)
I wish I was dead (if it wasn't for cheese)
I'm so hardcore (and so is cheese)
Wow.

Plus they have an album called "People=Sh*t." We get it, Slipknot. Your parents don't understand you. Angst.

Ugobama

I like their song Before I Forget. I don't like any others. I don't dislike them, they just aren't my taste, ya know?

Ethan

Banned
I really don't like them. Any band that screams in my ear to kill myself, or that all life is meaningless, or this general "**** da world" attitude, I don't give a damn about.

Brettt

satirist
They are pretty much posers, singing about satanic themes and whatnot, they try and act hardcore, but really they end up looking like a pack of crazed dogs fornicating with pathetic excuses for musical instruments.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
my plague is one of my least favorite songs. me and my friends call them slapnut

Ugobama

They are pretty much posers, singing about satanic themes and whatnot, they try and act hardcore, but really they end up looking like a pack of crazed dogs fornicating with pathetic excuses for musical instruments.

They do not sing satanic stuff.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The band has satanic themes, or at least very degrading, repetitive, boring lyrics.

Repetitive I can agree to, but satanic I cannot. Slayer has satanic themes (though Tom Araya is actually a Catholic), but Slipknot does not. Satanic music is pro-Satan music, while anti-God music can be atheist type music, not necessarily satanic music.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Satanic music is pro-Satan music, while anti-God music can be atheist type music, not necessarily satanic music.
Last time I checked, atheists don't go around screaming "F**k God! F**k this concept I don't believe in! RAAA!" And if they do, they deserve to be mocked.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Does Slipknot ever say that? No, they do not. I already sent you a PM to clarify your misconceptions, please read it.
That wasn't even about Slipknot. It was about atheists and "anti-God" music.

And I mixed up an album title and found the wrong lyrics? My bad, but it doesn't affect my opinion of the band at all.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Last time I checked, atheists don't go around screaming "F**k God! F**k this concept I don't believe in! RAAA!" And if they do, they deserve to be mocked.

Up until the point of pro-Satan lyrics, it isn't satanic. Some atheists might say things along the lines of what you said, but usually it isn't of such a magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.