• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slipknot - Your thoughts of the band.

What do you think of Slipknot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a few of their songs and think they're alright, but they're not my favorite.

rayon1

Romance Lover
I've played 'Before I Forget' on Guitar Hero 3 and loved it, so I'm likely gonna listen to more of their stuff. They seem pretty awesome from what I've heard of them.

;384;

I've played 'Before I Forget' on Guitar Hero 3 and loved it, so I'm likely gonna listen to more of their stuff. They seem pretty awesome from what I've heard of them.

;384;
I'd heard of them before GH3, but that's where I first heard them.

Brettt

satirist
Saying they're talentless doesn't make any sense. They obviously play instruments better than any of us, and I do hate the band and their music, I'm not about to go out of my way and say something thats not true like "They are talentless".

Joey Jordison is actually the only decent part of the band, but otherwise, I sincerely hate them, everything about them, its just no one can actually say they are "talentless" without being accused of lying. Its quite obvious they do havbe talent, just they don't utilize to its full extent, which is why I can't stand the band.

That and theyir crappy lyrics.

Nidogod

They obviously play instruments better than any of us

Speak for yourself, I'm a much better drummer than Joey Jordison. Along with that the majority of the people I know in bands around here are better than everyone from Slipknot. Nothing they do is complex or technical. Simple, basic, boring.

RandomCharizard

Hahahahaha!!!
SLIPKNOT

The band is for emo's and goths. Anyone who listens to them should just go kill themselves. Its such a retarded band its not even funny. Go listen to something that doesn't make me wanna shoot my brains out.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Hahahahaha!!!
SLIPKNOT

The band is for emo's and goths. Anyone who listens to them should just go kill themselves. Its such a retarded band its not even funny. Go listen to something that doesn't make me wanna shoot my brains out.
Someone wants to start a flame war.

Anyways, why isnt this closed? I thought it woulda been by now with the new music thread and all.

Brettt

satirist
Speak for yourself, I'm a much better drummer than Joey Jordison. Along with that the majority of the people I know in bands around here are better than everyone from Slipknot. Nothing they do is complex or technical. Simple, basic, boring.

How do you know they are better than slipknot? Sure, they can play better music than what slipknot comes out, but I'll bet any amount of money that they are better musicians. Its not that I'm defending slipknot, I hate them as much as you and DragonDance, but its rather ignorant to say that they have no talent and that you are comparing amateur musicians (no offense) such as yourselves to profesional musicians.

Keep in mind, this was not intended to defend slipknot, jsut to make a simple point.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

I agree with Brettt here. Unless you are a professional drummer, then you can't out-drum Joey. Just because he might not play parts that you consider "complex", does not mean that he is incapable of doing so.

Nidogod

How do you know they are better than slipknot? Sure, they can play better music than what slipknot comes out, but I'll bet any amount of money that they are better musicians. Its not that I'm defending slipknot, I hate them as much as you and DragonDance, but its rather ignorant to say that they have no talent and that you are comparing amateur musicians (no offense) such as yourselves to profesional musicians.

If they can play all sorts of truly great professional music they sure do a good job of hiding it. Besides the fact that they could easily up the skill on their own Slipknot songs and keep it true to their sound, it's not like that's the only band all the members are in. I've heard plenty of other stuff that the members have done in side projects and none of it shows any more skill than what they do in Slipknot. Even the guitar player has been featured in guitar lesson videos and failed to ever do anything special. Along with that, just because they are on MTV DOES NOT make them professional musicians. Professional musicians are people who have dedicated their lives to their music, show a clear difference in skill compared to their peers, and are looked up at by people over the age of 16. None of the members of Slipknot accomplish any of this. So basically, I'm saying that of all the material I've heard from the members of Slipknot, in or out of that band, nothing was anywhere past average so I'd have to go out on a limb and say they are average at what they do. You're saying that I'm ignorant because I never saw the members say "This is the absolute most skillful thing I can play." I think it's safe to say that until they release something (for any band) that is above average, they can't be above average. Then again, all things considered Joey could be considered above average by my taste. Not in Slipknot, but even despite raw skill he's shown versatility in some other bands. He's not great or anywhere near the level people put him at, but he is adequate as a drummer.

I agree with Brettt here. Unless you are a professional drummer, then you can't out-drum Joey. Just because he might not play parts that you consider "complex", does not mean that he is incapable of doing so.

I basically already explained it. Plus, like I said, I know drums. The things he constantly does in all the songs and all the drum solos are simple hand-foot patterns. You do 2 8th notes on the snare, 2 8th notes on the bass, 4 8th notes on a tom, 2 8th notes on the bass, 4 8th notes on a lower tom, 8 8th notes on the bass and it'll sound cool but it's really nothing at all special.

PS, I don't hate Slipknot the way DragonDance does. The people who like Slipknot leave me alone and I leave them alone. I might not be a fan, but I don't hate them. DragonForce is the one I hate. Not only are they as generic as Slipknot, the f*cking fans don't ever leave me alone. THAT'S what makes me hate a band.

Pwnbee

Keep it real, bro
Really don't like them, I'm not going to go on a rant why they suck, just don't like them.

I'd rather listen to The Black Dahlia Murder, The Devil Wears Prada, Animosity.
You know, Metalcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.