• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slipknot - Your thoughts of the band.

What do you think of Slipknot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipKnoT

I know I'll be met with pages of flaming from a team of angry trolls but I'm making the thread anyway. We have a thread for GNR, why not make one for my favorite band?

I've been basically defined by my peers as the insane Slipknot fanboy. I don't need to say more, but I will, just to get a topic going. They're my favorite band by far. My favorite album of theirs is "Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)", followed by their self-entitled album, and my least favorite album of theirs is "Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat." (although, still, it was a great album). My favorite songs of theirs are: Purity, Vermilion, Before I Forget, Wait And Bleed, The Blister Exists, Duality, The Heretic Anthem, The Nameless, (sic), Surfacing, Killers Are Quiet, My Plague, Gently, Left Behind, and The Virus Of Life. And, I will defend my claim that I'm the biggest Slipknot fan here (SPPf).

What do you think? Love them? Hate them? All opinions are welcome, just please keep flaming to a minimum.

Azure Wolf

Personally I love them, I like Duality, (sic) and My Plague sometimes but its not my all-time favourite. Although I don't have any of thier albums.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
one of my grinding song is "Before I Forget" :eek:,

DragonDance

thrasher
Horrible, horrible, horrible mallcore band, that tries to pass itself as metal, but fails hard.

you have 9 people in your band, but 1 retard in a dumpster would make the same noise.

Last edited:

Brettt

satirist
I clicked I sincerely hate them, but for the record, I retract that, and wished to click "they suck". This is mainly because, I do sincerely hate them, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked Vermillion part 2. But thats it.

Dimbat

Arr...
I voted "I sincerely hate them". That pretty much sums it up.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Not a fan.

Valkyrie X

Slipknot, Slipknot, Slipknot...

Out of the choices from the poll, I sincerely hate them, though I'll try not to be anal about it.

Part of it is the huge stereotype the band creates. I see kids walking around school every day with their Slipknot hoodies and backpacks that think their band is the most metal thing around. To me they're just one of those "minimosher" bands whose fanbase comprises of many angsty adolescents that think they're hardcore. .-. I just see way too many people that are like "OMG SLIPKNOT SO BRUTAL" when they've never even heard of such bands as Death, Emperor, and Morbid Angel.

Secondly, I find them...boring. They have next to no solos, their riffs are extremely repetitive, and none of their songs really stand out in my opinion. Their lyrics are rather lolable as well ("People = Shit" much?). Their drummer seems to be the only halfway-credible musician in the band, though he's highly overrated and is outperformed by several other artists.

The fact that they need 9 people is rather amusing to me, also. :/

Last edited:

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Slipknot isn't one of my favorites, but they're okay. Some of my favorite tracks by the group are: Vermillion, Before I Forget, Wait and Bleed, and Pulse of the Maggots. I know that they aren't metal, but it's fine with me.

Umbreon_13

that just isn't the music i like to listen to cause it has more screaming then singing and i prefer music that don't yell

HK

Radiance of Shadows
That one album, Subliminal Verses 3, or whatever it's called, is actually kind of decent. Certainly a better step in the direction of the bad, growing beyond a shitty gimmick with forgettable songs into something that's more tangible. (And to deny that just makes you seem like another mindless "OMG THEY SUCK" drone.)

Otherwise I couldn't care less about them.

Nicorulzpants

I CAN'T SWIM!
i dont know but before i forget i will wait and bleed
there awsome not the best though. Go muse!

wcgold

I used to like them a lot when I was about 12 or 13. Now I've toned it down a notch. And by that, I mean like one or two songs every now and then.

Nidogod

I don't bother them and they don't bother me. My only big complaint is that I always see people (not even the stereotypical Slipknot fan, and you know who I mean) ranting on and on about how amazing Joey Jordison is on drums. He is average at best. AT BEST. His solos are a bore, he does absolutely nothing special, and he survives off of simplistic snare - double bass - tom - double bass - tom - double bass fills that you learn the first day you get your double kick pedal. There are plenty of talented drummers out there who could some of the praise that that talentless hack gets.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
I don't hate them, I really just think they're not very good at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.