• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slipknot - Your thoughts of the band.

What do you think of Slipknot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Up until the point of pro-Satan lyrics, it isn't satanic. Some atheists might say things along the lines of what you said, but usually it isn't of such a magnitude.
Exactly. The idea of an atheist (I am one, by the way) singing about hating something they don't believe in is absurd.

But I digress.

SkinnySweatyMan

What? Slipknot is still producing albums? I did not know that. Anyway, I voted that I don't really like them. I don't mind their soft stuff, but since I used to listen to them when I was in middle school, I can find myself somewhat enjoying their songs sometimes; just because I'm familiar with them. However, I won't go out and listen to them any time soon.

Brettt

satirist
People = **** lyrics
Here we go again mother****er

Come on down and see the idiot right here
too ****ed to beg and not afraid to care
Whats the matter with calamity anyways?
right? get the **** out of my face
understand I cant feel anything
it isn't like I wanna sift through the decay
I feel like a wound
and like I got a ****ing gun against my head
you live when I'm dead

One more time mother****er

Everybody hates me now so **** it
blood's on my face and my hands don't know why,I'm not afraid to cry
but that's none of your business
Whose life is it? Get it? see it? feel it? eat it? spin it around
so I can spit in his face
I wanna leave without a trace
get out, I don't want to die in this place

people=****
people=**** (what you gonna do)
people=**** ( cuz I'm not afraid of you)
people=**** (I'm everything you'll never be)
people=****

It never stops
you can't be everything to everyone

Contagion I'm sittin on the side of satan
what do you want from me?
They never told me the failure I was meant to be
Overdo it, don't tell me you blew it, stop your *****in'
and fight your way through it
I'm not like you
I just **** up

c'mon mother ****er everybody has to die
c'mon mother ****er everybody has to die !!

people=****
people=**** (what you gonna do)
people=**** ( cuz I'm not afraid of you)
people=**** (I'm everything you'll never be)
people=****

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Read it and weep, or laugh like I did.

Munchy.42

I'd say Slipknot are my second favourite band. Though I'd say before I Forget and Duality would make their way into my Top 10 songs. I'd like to say they are actually tied with Gorillaz as my favourite band, but I prefer Gorillaz.

SlipKnoT

Face it SlipKnot, they suck. :p

If I were as immature as you, I'd probably start a flamewar because of a comment like that, but I said all opinions are welcome for a reason. Think they suck? Ok, but you don't have to be such an *** about saying it. It's just not necessary.

As for the lyrics, lyrically, they got better as time went on. P=S was pretty 'meh' lyrically, but musically, it's a heavy song.

Poison13

Poison Master
They are okay. I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but I do not hate them.

JenROCKET

I used to LOVE Slipknot. But then I sort of left behind all the metal bands I used to like for some reason.
I think part of it is down to the fact my dad's obsessed with them :| he has the Slipknot logo tattoo'ed on his arm haha XD
But even though I don't listen to them, I'd be a full to say they're not unbelievably talented. I could play guitar for the rest of my life and I'll never be as good as Mick Thompson.

DragonDance

thrasher
Ironically, people = **** is the only half-decent thing they have ever put out in their shitty careers.

However, compared to most other songs, it's still really bad.

I used to LOVE Slipknot. But then I sort of left behind all the metal bands I used to like for some reason.

Okay, but Slipknot never was, and never will be metal =/
I think part of it is down to the fact my dad's obsessed with them :| he has the Slipknot logo tattoo'ed on his arm haha XD
brb lolling.

But even though I don't listen to them, I'd be a full to say they're not unbelievably talented. I could play guitar for the rest of my life and I'll never be as good as Mick Thompson.

This, This, and this is talent.

this, on the other hand, isn't.

Last edited:

Brettt

satirist
As for the lyrics, lyrically, they got better as time went on. P=S was pretty 'meh' lyrically, but musically, it's a heavy song.

I do agree that that is one of their few "metal" songs, though it just proves that they do occasionally have satanic lyrics.

Ethan

Banned
If I were as immature as you, I'd probably start a flamewar because of a comment like that, but I said all opinions are welcome for a reason. Think they suck? Ok, but you don't have to be such an *** about saying it. It's just not necessary.

Well apparently you couldn't tell that I was simply playing you with you man. Chill. I wouldn't comment on my maturity if your going to go out of your way and call me an ass either. Pot, kettle, black.

Last edited:

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
I <3 SlipKnot. There so HxC. They remind of why I'm such a badass rebel and me and my dad listen to them on the way to the truck stop. I think I'll have to get out my old disc player and listen to there album! Better yet I'm going to go buy an all new slipknot hoodie!
ttyl. [sarcasm/]

No but really I'll pass on the "Metal" genre of music and a band with no talent.

SkinnySweatyMan

Meh, the first one was just arpeggios. Any accomplished musician should know how to play arpeggios up and down in all of the keys. I didn't really listen/watch the second one because I didn't really like the sound. The third was was very cool though. And the fourth on, well, even though the music was bad, so was the voice over.

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
they suck. they're just sweaty, hormonal emos in masks screaming and thrashing about in a recording studio.

I like about half of Slipknot's stuff... but I'm not going to deny that almost all of their fans are dicks... just like linkin park fans.

Duality is still my ringtone, though. That, The Nameless, Before I Forget, and maybe a couple others are good songs IMO.

Surfacing, P=S, sic, and all their songs like that are totally gay.

SlipKnoT

I <3 SlipKnot. There so HxC. They remind of why I'm such a badass rebel and me and my dad listen to them on the way to the truck stop. I think I'll have to get out my old disc player and listen to there album! Better yet I'm going to go buy an all new slipknot hoodie!
ttyl. [sarcasm/]

No but really I'll pass on the "Metal" genre of music and a band with no talent.
Tbh I've met many Slipknot fans, but never one that matched that 'douchebag emo wanna-be rebel h-core' stereotype. I really don't see where that's coming from.

And to say they're talentless is just foolish. If you'd actually look up vids of their work, you'd realize just how unfair that is.

The shitty voice over ruins the joke, tbh. That and how the fingering doesn't match the music at all. :/
Well apparently you couldn't tell that I was simply playing you with you man. Chill. I wouldn't comment on my maturity if your going to go out of your way and call me an ass either. Pot, kettle, black.
I'm an ass? Ok, that's one thing I cannot debate.
they suck. they're just sweaty, hormonal emos in masks screaming and thrashing about in a recording studio.
So full of shit it's not even worth a reply tbh.
I like about half of Slipknot's stuff... but I'm not going to deny that almost all of their fans are dicks... just like linkin park fans.

Duality is still my ringtone, though. That, The Nameless, Before I Forget, and maybe a couple others are good songs IMO.

Surfacing, P=S, sic, and all their songs like that are totally gay.
Fans, fans, fans. Some are respectable, some are loyal, some are complete assholes. You can't blame the band, though.

I see you also prefer the newer stuff, compared to the older, eh?

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
Tbh I've met many Slipknot fans, but never one that matched that 'douchebag emo wanna-be rebel h-core' stereotype. I really don't see where that's coming from.

And to say they're talentless is just foolish. If you'd actually look up vids of their work, you'd realize just how unfair that is.
There a band with inconsiderate lyrics. They can't play there instruments for ****. Sorry I don't find your band to have "Talent".

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Woah anything that mocks Jebus is ****.

Nah, I joke, but they're alright, I only like Duality though.

Divinity_123 ;196;

Status
Not open for further replies.