• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slow Down! (OU Trick Room Team)

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Hi, fellow competitive battlers! This is my second non-favorites competitive team, and it's a bit out there --- Trick Room. I thought it was pretty good, but it needs one thing --- your help! A second opinion is the thing I need the most, as to prevent bias. You can pluck this team apart strand by strand if you want, or you can simple suggest a move change. Just keep it constructive, please.

About the team, it sorta came out as a bulky offense team, though that was never the intention. So far, it seems to be working, but priority shakes us up a bit.

NOTE: ASIDE FROM HIDDEN POWER, NONE OF THESE POKEMON HAVE ANY SPEED IVs.
Here we go!

579.gif
Lucy (F) @ Life Orb
Quiet, Magic Guard
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
172 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 64 Sp. Def
As my primary Sp. Attacker and Trick Room activator, Reuniclus has a big job. Trick Room is the grounds upon which this team stands firm, swapping speeds under 1809 so that slow is fast and vice versa. Psyshock sort of makes it mixed, and is a great move for eliminating Blissey. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball go hand in hand, one taking care of Ghosts, the other Steels, together creating perfect coverage. Not much else to say; this is a Trick Room set.

080.gif
Rowan (M) @ LEftovers
Relaxed, Regenerator
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Scald
-Slack Off
248 HP, 244 Def, 16 Sp. Atk
Slowbro is a secondary Trick Room activator, just in case Reuniclus is somehow taken out. Trick Room and Psyshock are the same as before, and need no further explanation. Scald is my move of choice, with a 30% burn (make-your-physical-walliness-double power) chance. With Regenerator, keeping HP up is a breeze, but as a backup, I have Slack Off. A standard set I fiddled with a bit.

105.gif
Mary (F) @ Thick CLub
Brave, Battle Armor
-Bonemerang
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
-Substitute
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SP. Def
Holy crap, yes! An environment where Marowak can function to a T! I love Trick Room! Anyways, Bonemerang is like Earthquake, but can meddle with Substitute users like crazy. Stone Edge takes care of Flying-Types and Levitators, and forms the impeccable EdgeQuake combination. A Ground-Type classic! Fire Punch helps to deal with Ice, Grass, and the occasional Scizor *lol sarcasm scizor is everywhere*. Substitute puts that little green doll in front of your face --- at the cost of some HP you likely won't regret spending --- and nowadays, seems vital on a competitive team. Normally, she's running Jolly / Adamant with 252 Speed, but this is Trick Room, so none of that.

PS: Marowak is the Goddess of Trick Room.

485.gif
Randy (M) @ Balloon
Sassy, Flash Fire
-Lava Plume
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
Oh, how I do love Heatran. It's close to being too fast for Trick Room, but if Chandelure can do it, why can't Heatran? Lava PLume is the preferred choice, what with the 30% burn chance and all. Dragon Pulse is a secondary attack to help better destory all Dragon-Types in OU. Plus, I couldn't fit it anywhere else. Roar helps spread around the searing painful fun of a burn or Liam's Toxic, whilst also letting everyone enjoy the satisfying feel of a pointed chunk of hornfels lodged in their vital organs. Stealth Rock was on Mary at first, but since Will-O-Wisp wasn't working, I put SR there, rather on Marowak.

103.gif
Tori (F) @ Lum Berry
Quiet/Relaxed, Harvest
-Rest
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Energy Ball
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
Wh-what's this? An Exeggutor in OU? Yep! You'd be right. As a sun-abuser, tertiary Trick Room user, all-around annoying physical wall, completion of my FWG core, and potential city-crumbling Special Attacker, Eggy here is a force to be reckoned with. HarvRest is an amazing combination, with Lum recovery more likely than ShedRest, and guaranteed in sun, you'll be awake in no time! Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Trick Room and Psyshock. Giga Drain is among the best reliable STAB Grass moves it gets, totaling at around 110 BP. Plus, free HP! Who doesn't like free HP? Quiet nature for if my Special attack needs a boost, Relaxed if my defense does. It does some good, knowing you have a big tree to lean on, let me tell you.
Formerly: Tropius, removed due to general inferiority and lack of Trick Room.

589.gif
Liam (M) @ Choice Band
Brave, Swarm
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
-Toxic
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def
Escavalier is a given for Trick Room. 20 Speed? Yeah. 135 Attack? Oh yeah. 120 BP Stab Megahorn? HELL YEAH! Use Megahorn to destroy some stuff, even some resists. Iron Head is secondary STAB, taking out Rock and Ice. Pursuit is in case you feel a switch coming on. Toxic is to help with Heatran's idea, mainly against some annoying Fire-Types.​

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP, 252 SpA, 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP, 244 Def, 16 SpA
Relaxed Nature
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Scald
-Slack Off

Marowak @ Thick Club
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Brave Nature
-Bonemerang
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
-Substitute

Heatran @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Sassy Nature
-Lava Plume
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

Exeggutor @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
-Rest
-Trick Room
-Psyshock
-Giga Drain

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Brave Nature
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
-Toxic

That's it! Pictures look cool, and I don't own them. At some point, I'll get some art up, not just sprites. Changes in red. Constructive criticism welcomed. Go to town... and thank you!

Last edited:

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Just edited the OP of spelling errors, added the exportable version, and fixed pictures.

Rate away! ...Please?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I would run Offensve Heatran and you can even use Eruption because you'd want to run a Quiet nature anyways.

Something like
Heatran @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 252 SAtk / 4SDef
Quiet (+SAtk -Spd)
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Stealth Rock

Adding Stealth Rock also allows Marowak to use Swords Dance or Substitute.

I'd also use Life Orb>CB on Excalavier, so you can switch moves if needed and not lose TR turns

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
I would run Offensve Heatran and you can even use Eruption because you'd want to run a Quiet nature anyways.

Something like
Heatran @ Leftovers
252 Hp / 252 SAtk / 4SDef
Quiet (+SAtk -Spd)
-Eruption
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Ice]/Stealth Rock
Seems useful, but then I wouldn't have a Special Defender. To avoid joining the "N0ob influx", I'll give it a go.

Hax_R_Us said:
Adding Stealth Rock also allows Marowak to use Swords Dance or Substitute.
Good idea! Maybe Outrage on 'Wak...?

the inspiration for my Haxorus said:
I'd also use Life Orb>CB on Excalavier, so you can switch moves if needed and not lose TR turns
I tested that at first, but would normally just switch out anyway. No recoil needed.

Thanks guys! Keep it coming!

Breeder_Noah

Pokémon Breeder
Tropuis looks really cool! Neat idea, but.... when under trick room swords dance can become a time waster... but that's up to you!

I love Trick room teams!!

Hold on... don't you normally need at least three Trick room users? That's what I thought I least.

Dazz

I really like your Tropius set. I was considering making one fairly similar. The team as a whole is very nicely constructed if you ask me :)

asr32123

This may be a dumb question, but how are you going to set up sun for the Tropius set to even work to its best ability?

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
If you want hp ice, try 2 speed ivs. Works like a charm. Also, try this.

Bronzong @Macho Brace
Brave
Levitate
252Hp, 252 Atk, 4Sp.d
ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/2
-Gyro Ball
-Trick Room
-Hp Ice
-Earthquake/Hypnosis

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Sorry for the delay; technical difficulties. And then I went to Canada. But now I'm back, and ready to go!
Hold on... don't you normally need at least three Trick room users? That's what I thought I least.
I was thinking about that. SO yes, I'll be adding another Trick Roomer.
i agree that it needs 3 tr users. i'd use exeggutor>tropius. same ability, better stats, and gets trick room. plus, the the weakness to bug, ghost, and dark are all covered by heatran and escavalier.
My main issue is the 2:1 special/physical ratio, though it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal, especially with 3 potential Psyshock users. If you post for me the set (I'm assuming Rest, Trick Room, Psyshock, Energy Ball, Quiet/Relaxed Nature, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Atk and holding a Lum Berry), I'll try it out.

harvest still works out of sun you know. but it relies too much on luck, imo. think of it like shed skin.
The difference being Shed Skin is a 1 in 3 chance, and Harvest is 1 in 2. And, you know, restoring berries instead of status. But with a Lum Berry, it's basically ShedRest.

OK, I'll be adding Exeggutor into the team. Edit coming soon, if not already. Thanks! Anything else?

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
exeggutor set

exeggutor @ lum berry/chesto berry
- harvest -
quiet/bold *0 spe ivs*
252 hp/ 232 def/ 24 SpA
- rest
- trick room
- leaf storm/grass knot/ giga drain/ energy ball
- hp[ fire ]/ psyshock

or you can just use tr sweeper.

MY only concern is finding an IV spread with a high BP HP Fire, but with minimal speed IV's.

Thanks! *now talking to competitive raters collectively* Don't stop now; we're on a roll!