• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slow Start ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightStorm

Well he would have been too strong...Also you might be able to combine this with some strategy of some kind, but I don't know what(I can't think real well, its late at night).

Salamence96

Pokemon Breeder
You can use Gastro Acid or Worry Seed to remove his ability.

little norbert

When I saw this pokemon last year awaiting the D/P launch, I was like ZOMG 4TH REGI.
...dissapointment.

Yeah, Regigigas is more of a "trophy" pokemon. I only caught it for pokedex data. It doesn't have any useful STAB's except for Giga Impact (which is not super effective against anything and is in-effective against the infamous Giratina.) I have two Regigigases (or however you spell the plural) from restarting my game....And guess what? THEY'RE BOTH ON LEVEL 70!!! HAHAHAHA!

Yeah, Regigigas is more of a "trophy" pokemon. I only caught it for pokedex data. It doesn't have any useful STAB's except for Giga Impact (which is not super effective against anything and is in-effective against the infamous Giratina.) I have two Regigigases (or however you spell the plural) from restarting my game....And guess what? THEY'RE BOTH ON LEVEL 70!!! HAHAHAHA!

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Yeah, this ability was made up mostly to keep Regigigas from being overpowered, and it certainly worked. Makes the guy nearly useless.

m190049

Local psychopath
Theres a reason Regigigas has Slow Start.
Because he was frozen in a temple for thousands of years. It's a bit tired and needs a while to get rejuvenated. If your in the hospital for being nearly killed... Is being one of the most powerfull creatures alive and instantly crushing the first thing you see in front of you the first thing you do after you wake up? No? Thank you.

Lets listen to the story....

Who read the Braille in the Sealed Chamber in R/S/E?
After you use dig, there are a bunch of stones. They read this...

In this cave we have lived.
We owe all to the Pokémon.
But, we sealed the Pokémon away.
We feared it.
Those with courage, those with hope.
Open the door. An eternal Pokémon awakes.

First comes Relicanth.
Last comes Wailord.

Who is this Pokemon? None other than Regigigas.
The three Regis sealed Regigigas away. Think for a minute... If it didn't have Slow Start, Regigigas would be nearly the Best Pokemon in the game. It is great Defensively, and if it didn't have Slow Start... Well, it would be AMAZING offensively as well. Anyway... Regigigas is the king of the Regis. It created them. They owe everything to the Pokemon. But, with it's amazing power... They feared it. So they sealed it away. The Regis made themselves the keys to unlocking it. To make it even harder to get... They decided to seal it away in a whole different region FAR away. (Although since this is a video game... Pal Park makes it easy to get them to Sinnoh. If you were to imagine this was real life though... yeah, it would be hard.) After it was sealed, they sealed themselves away too, to make it as hard as possible to find Regigigas. They said though, if anyone had courage and hope... Challenge the beast. How? Well, it takes a lot to capture it. But first comes Relicanth... Last comes Wailord...

m190049

Local psychopath
Theres a reason Regigigas has Slow Start.
Because he was frozen in a temple for thousands of years. It's a bit tired and needs a while to get rejuvenated. If your in the hospital for being nearly killed... Is being one of the most powerfull creatures alive and instantly crushing the first thing you see in front of you the first thing you do after you wake up? No? Thank you.

Lets listen to the story....

Who read the Braille in the Sealed Chamber in R/S/E?
After you use dig, there are a bunch of stones. They read this...

In this cave we have lived.
We owe all to the Pokémon.
But, we sealed the Pokémon away.
We feared it.
Those with courage, those with hope.
Open the door. An eternal Pokémon awakes.

First comes Relicanth.
Last comes Wailord.

Who is this Pokemon? None other than Regigigas.
The three Regis sealed Regigigas away. Think for a minute... If it didn't have Slow Start, Regigigas would be nearly the Best Pokemon in the game. It is great Defensively, and if it didn't have Slow Start... Well, it would be AMAZING offensively as well. Anyway... Regigigas is the king of the Regis. It created them. They owe everything to the Pokemon. But, with it's amazing power... They feared it. So they sealed it away. The Regis made themselves the keys to unlocking it. To make it even harder to get... They decided to seal it away in a whole different region FAR away. (Although since this is a video game... Pal Park makes it easy to get them to Sinnoh. If you were to imagine this was real life though... yeah, it would be hard.) After it was sealed, they sealed themselves away too, to make it as hard as possible to find Regigigas. They said though, if anyone had courage and hope... Challenge the beast. How? Well, it takes a lot to capture it. But first comes Relicanth... Last comes Wailord...

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Regimoss really has a stat distribution just about better than any pokemon other than Arceus and perhaps, all base 100s, except for its Sp. Attack which is expected of, since you don't see any cannons on Regimoss...

It may even be 'better' than Arceus, but Slow Start stopped it right in its tracks. Perhaps next generation (or Platinum, if they somehow are able to do that) would cut it down to 3 turns.

Koiking_<3_Hinbass

Shedinja=Awesome
Love Regi, Stop Hatin' On Him

I have my own way of getting around the Slow Start ability, as it's such a great Pokémon I don't think it should be wasted.

;486; Regigas@Leftovers

Adamant | Slow Start

Endure
Drain Punch
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch

Drain Punch when he's first let out, this'll get some hits in, although possibly minor, and get some HP back. Thunderpunch and Ice Punch when Slow Start's over, pretty good type-coverage if you ask me. Then if things aren't looking great, Endure. Leftovers will also regain HP, and since he's so powerful, it'll take a lot to get him down, when he's ready to fight, it'll be a massacre.

o.0 death bow ck 0.o

A PIE lover =]
Well, what I see that would be nice to use him is in baton passing...get a ninjask.
This will only work if your opponent puts out something that can't even kill ninjask.
Only problems would be the weather problems/steath rock/spikes/and toxic spikes.

Ninjask:
max Spe Evs w/ focus sash
Swords Dance
Endure
Toxic/thunderwave
B Pass

Ninjask will swords dance first turn...
Just stall for 2 turns (the speed boost will help)with endure
then BP for a one mean Regigigas (even though slow start is in play) you will have speed x2 and normal attack but 160 base attack is like abnormal...o_0

There a lot of risks with this...but this is what i thought of like in 5 minutes =)

tehbesto

iPodelicious
Maybe he's good in double battle? Is there any way to immediately remove slow start in 2v2 via skill swap or something?

TYR4N1T4R

Quick Ball
I think that they gave him the ability to let you use it in the battle tower. Its ability may be useless but the tower tycoon has it on the second time you vs. him. His ability gives you an easier chance at win against him.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
I guess the ability is accurate according to Regigigas' background, but it practically destroys the poor guy. If it had been frozen for a prolonged amount of time, wouldn't it only need to get started once? As stated before. it is supposed to be inhibiting like Slaking and Traunt, but Regigigas is a legendary.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Smae thing they did with Slaking, i wonder which is worse Slow Start or Traunt?

Anyways, Gamefreak had to give something to the king of regis who towed continents for us to live and what did they give him... something that made him crippled.

bob_starnock

i think it's ludicrous to say he would be 'too' powerful.. you've got mewtwo and all the other base 600+ pokemon who aren't slow starters, why should regigigas suffer with no benefits. if he was base 720 or higher i would understand.. sort of.

either way removing rest and protect, which EVERY other legend can learn, was stupid. now his only realistic tactic, sleep talking, isn't possible. i guess it's to test us into coming up with new stalling tactics, but honestly, why would u bother with so many better options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.