• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slow Teardrops. An OU Team.

Before we begin, I would like to tell you all about it! This is a team I have been testing in OU on PS and will be using it on my DS on the 24th once my Pikachu 3DS XL comes in (A little off-topic, but VERY excited!). It has been handling stuff fairly well, but struggles with some Pokemon in which I will put at the bottom. This team is called Slow Teardrops because of the center around this team and how usually the opponent RageQuits because I annoy them. I wanted to use many Pokemon, but ended up with the six below. I am willing to replace a Pokemon, but please post Moveset and everything and why I should just so I should. I've put a lot of work into this team, so please give full rates. Changes I have made are in Bold. And please don't hate my odd choice of teams and just stare at your computer like: Oaker FaceSo, without further ado, here is Team Slow Teardrops:

I wanted to build a team revolving around Slowbro, as he is the POTW. ;080;
Slowbro needed some rain to amp up his attacks, and I thought Politoed complimented it nicely. ;080; ;186;
So now i had rain, and really wanted to have Hurricane. Volcorona and DNite both seemed good, but Volc won. ;080; ;186; :637:
I wanted to annoy, and Jirachi seemed like a perfect fit with access to Thunder to have 100% accuracy and have 30% Para + S.G. ;080; ;186; :637: ;385;
Volc wasn't really working out because I don't want or need a spinner, so I replaced it with Tornadus (DNite was there, but SR Broke Multiscale so No) ;080; ;186; ;385; :641:
Since I didn't want a Spinner, I needed something to reflect them, and Ta-da: Espeon (My 4th fav Eeveelution!). ;080; ;186; ;385; :641: ;196;
To top off my team, I put the icing on the cake with a mixed Sweeper, and one of my favorite Pokemon: Salamence! ;080; ;186; ;385; :641: ;196; ;373;
Overview:
;080; ;186; ;385; :641: ;196; ;373;

politoed_water_gun.png

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Drizzletoad was my Rain starter. He gets a very high Special Attack that does pretty massive damage to any Pokemon that stand in it's way, and it can outspend most of them too with his Choice Scarf. I opted for Surf over Hydro Pump and Scald because it has higher BP and Accuracy and won't miss when I need it. At first I ran it with Hydro Pump, but it was just Politoed versus a Heatran and Hydor Pump missed and it KO'ed me with Earth Power, so now I use the perfect accuracy. Hidden Power [Grass] is a filler move, but very useful to KO Jellicent, one of the threats to my team and very stubborn to take down. Now, you're probably wondering: Why Modest > Timid if you're running CS? Well, I wanted Extra Power because it already has ENOUGH Speed to work well. It also adds to a surprise factor, as most people don't expect him to hit that hard. Focus Blast is actually a Great move when utilized on naturally bulky pokemon without investment, as it can afford to miss once or twice. It also allows me to KO Ferrothotn that see me as setup bait. Ice Beam is just there for coverage on Grass types such as Venesaur, who also will see me as bait and use Growth. Overall, Politoed is a very underrated Pokemon, and a very good one at that. It may not seem underrated, but outside of Drizzle, most consider it NU, but it does have great stuff outside of Drizzle to work with and help with. Offensivetoad is better than Defensivetoad in my opinion, as it provides Sheer Force (bad pun)

jirachi__s_eye_by_meandmyrobot-d2ycurs.jpg

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Impish Nature
- ThunderPunch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Ahh Jirachi, one of the awesomest Pokemon out there. With Solid 100 Stats across the board, access to ParaFlinch with Serene Grace makes it a force to be reckoned with. It is my support Pokemon, as well as a ParaFlincher. It stands out as my wall on the team, seeing up Stealth Rock, and ParaFlinching Pokemon. U-Turn is also helpful for after it's duty has been fulfilled of Paralyzing. Unfortunately it does have to run gentle nature so that it's attacks aren't weakened. Thunder gets perfect accuracy when under the rain, making it more useful then Body Slam or Thunder Wave. And I do Fake Out by pretending to just be defensive by using SR, then Thundering the unexpected opponent that thinks they can set up on me. It also provides as a solid Pokemon to wall Special Attacks from Strong Pokemon. I can also Fake Out by using Thunder then Stealth Rock so they switch thinking I am Paraflinching (Which I am) but then using Iron Head on them. It is also great against annoying Celebis, as I can U-Turn and cause X4 Damage on it, then switch into something better suited against it. Another added bonus is that Fire-Type weakness is helped as it is X.05 under the rain, making it weak to only Ground, but I can just U-Turn away from those into my Tornadus on the predicted EQ.

hE20E111B

Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Focus Blast/Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Honestly Smogon, this beast is in UU? This isn't Smogon I know, but it is in UU there. In my opinion it deserves at least OU, maybe even Ubers. When combined with Rain, it gets a STAB 100% Accuracy move that has a 30% Confusion rate, making it a very powerful force to be reckoned with in any tier. Substitute is nice to ensure I get an attack off, as I always go first thanks to Prankster. Focus Blast is just for coverage, and Hidden Power [Ice] is good for killing off Landorus, Thundurus-T, Lato@s, etc… the 4 Def EV's make sure it can switch in 4 times when SR is up, as now his HP is 299. Hurricane is also an amazing move to it's huge arsenal. The Flying Gem and it's great SA already just give even more power to his STAB. Hurricane does 47.73% to 56.25% HP damage to Ferrothorn 252 HP/Defense 6 SpDef, guaranteeing a 3HKO. That's pretty good, and if it Confuses and it hurts itself, it takes even less time! If Smogon ever decides to move this beast up, I will be very pleased. The pic is just for the lawlz so don't hate on it, it is from PokeMemes, and I found it very funny. The thing I am worried about with this Pokemon is that it is pretty useless when Drizzle is gone, giving it a 50% accuracy move. (Sandstorm/Sun/Hail take it away) Tailwind is also an option.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature, Thick Fat
252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Speed
~ Stealth Rock
~ Ice Shard
~ Icicle Crash
~ Earthquake

Salamence___Flight_of_Fancy_by_Sajirou.png

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Typical MixMence. Outrage and Fire Blast is only resisted by Heatran, a Pokemon that I don't see that often. Outrage with base 140 Power backed by his gargantuan attack stat and STAB allows it to tear apart teams, all the while gaining Moxie Boosts. I normally use this when the Rocks/Steels are gone so that it isn't resisted any mores, and I don't have to use my Fire Blast or EQ. Fire Blast does 96.59% to 114.77% HP damage to Ferrothorn under Rain, almost guaranteeing a OHKO, and making it a 2HKO, surprising Ferrothorn that think they can come in and wall it. Crunch is just a filler move so I can handle Psychic Types (not that I have trouble with them), but it is always nice to kill some Pokemon Super Effectively. Lonely > Naive for added power, just like Politoed. It fills the role of Surprise Mix Sweeper that can easily plow through almost every Pokemon.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature, Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 Defense
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Trick

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowbro @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Slack Off
- Aqua Tail
- Zen Headbutt

Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Psychic

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Past Members:
Slowbro @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Slack Off
- Aqua Tail/Ice Punch/Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt/Earthquake

Gyarados. I only have Jirachi, but even with the x4 times weakness, I still can't KO it.
Latias. It is so bulky and my only Pokemon that can kill it is Salamence, but if it is locked into another move it can OHKO back.
Latios. Same as Latias.
Ninetales. It can get rid of my weather and then proceed to sweep my team.
Tyranitar. Same as Ninetales.
Rotom-W. Ughh, this thing is annoying, the closest thing I have are Jirachi and Slamence, both who are crippled my Trick.
Feel free to tell me anymore you see :)

Welp, I hope you try it, have fun with it and then give me feedback :). Thanks for reading and rating!

-SylveonLover

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
Hi!
So I've got a few things to say:
1. Even with Scarf, Politoed doesnt hit 400 Speed, especially without Timid. This is bad, as most pokemon with even just +1 could outspeed him. This is why I personally prefer going for a Specs set, same as the one you have but with the Choice Specs. He hits so hard, it's not even funny. Just kidding, it's hilarious to watch a Politoed decimate opposing teams with super-powered Hydro Pump :D
If you still insist on CS and it works for you, go for it.
2. I really don't like Gentle :/ How about switching it to Impish and just flat-out giving Jirachi Thunderpunch? It will still have a great chance for paralysis. Or you could go for Body Slam. Otherwise, I recommend either full Sp. Atk or full Atk, and giving it a Nature that doesn't boost one defense at the expense of another.
3. Why Flying Gem when you can have Choice Specs or even Life Orb? better to power up all of your moves than to be a one-hit wonder. I don't really like Tailwind there, since Tornadus is, as you mentioned, a monster. It's a monster because of its sheer offensive capabilities. So use them!
4. Here's my problem with Espeon; Dual screen is useless if none of your pokemon take advantage of it to set up. Even just for Slowbro it's a waste imo. Personally, I think you should take out Slowbro later (I'll explain in a bit), but for now consider getting Mamo, even though this is a Rain team. You see, Mamo not only has access to Stealth Rocks, but also has STAB Ice Shard for the lati twins (which I noticed you mentioned was a problem to deal with). Gives you a solid physical Sweeper, Stealth Rocker, and a check for Lati@s and both Ninetails and Ttar!
5. Looks good!
6. This is where I encounter another problem. Belly Drum Slowbro is too gimmicky, with too limited a movepool. While you definitely could pull it off, it would require lots of prediction and knowledge of your opponent's sets or this one could backfire miserably. Not only that, but considering Espeon is your only counter to hazards, you could get KOed without doing any real damage on the first turn. Also, Sitrus Berry works only once, so if you manage to pull off even one kill, you wouldn't really have a chance for another. This set focuses on the surprise factor, but once it's gone, you're pretty much screwed because of your lack of Speed (Tailwind really doesn't help here either).
Thus, I recommend going for Rotom-W, who can help against Gyarados and potentially other Rotom-Ws. Rotom in the Rain can dominate with Thunder, and with Hydro Pump gives no mercy to anyone who doesn't resist the attack or absorb it. You can also go for a more bulky set to replace Slowbro as a tanky-thing if you want.

So that's that! Hope you take this into consideration, and change what you like! If you get some sort of inspiration for your pokemon from my advice, that's also cool ;)
Good luck with the team!

Hi!
So I've got a few things to say:
1. Even with Scarf, Politoed doesnt hit 400 Speed, especially without Timid. This is bad, as most pokemon with even just +1 could outspeed him. This is why I personally prefer going for a Specs set, same as the one you have but with the Choice Specs. He hits so hard, it's not even funny. Just kidding, it's hilarious to watch a Politoed decimate opposing teams with super-powered Hydro Pump :D
If you still insist on CS and it works for you, go for it. Ok, I will try it.
2. I really don't like Gentle :/ How about switching it to Impish and just flat-out giving Jirachi Thunderpunch? It will still have a great chance for paralysis. Or you could go for Body Slam. Otherwise, I recommend either full Sp. Atk or full Atk, and giving it a Nature that doesn't boost one defense at the expense of another. I didn't even realize it got ThunderPunch 0-0.
3. Why Flying Gem when you can have Choice Specs or even Life Orb? better to power up all of your moves than to be a one-hit wonder. I don't really like Tailwind there, since Tornadus is, as you mentioned, a monster. It's a monster because of its sheer offensive capabilities. So use them!Yeah, I wanted Life Orb, but it was originally a Acrobatics user.
4. Here's my problem with Espeon; Dual screen is useless if none of your pokemon take advantage of it to set up. Even just for Slowbro it's a waste imo. Personally, I think you should take out Slowbro later (I'll explain in a bit), but for now consider getting Mamo, even though this is a Rain team. You see, Mamo not only has access to Stealth Rocks, but also has STAB Ice Shard for the lati twins (which I noticed you mentioned was a problem to deal with). Gives you a solid physical Sweeper, Stealth Rocker, and a check for Lati@s and both Ninetails and Ttar! So what set should I run with Mamo?
5. Looks good! Great :)
6. This is where I encounter another problem. Belly Drum Slowbro is too gimmicky, with too limited a movepool. While you definitely could pull it off, it would require lots of prediction and knowledge of your opponent's sets or this one could backfire miserably. Not only that, but considering Espeon is your only counter to hazards, you could get KOed without doing any real damage on the first turn. Also, Sitrus Berry works only once, so if you manage to pull off even one kill, you wouldn't really have a chance for another. This set focuses on the surprise factor, but once it's gone, you're pretty much screwed because of your lack of Speed (Tailwind really doesn't help here either).
Thus, I recommend going for Rotom-W, who can help against Gyarados and potentially other Rotom-Ws. Rotom in the Rain can dominate with Thunder, and with Hydro Pump gives no mercy to anyone who doesn't resist the attack or absorb it. You can also go for a more bulky set to replace Slowbro as a tanky-thing if you want. OK, I was considering him, but I love Bro. I will change it though.

So that's that! Hope you take this into consideration, and change what you like! If you get some sort of inspiration for your pokemon from my advice, that's also cool ;)
Good luck with the team!

Thanks for the help!

Swagga09

Non Stab Dark moves suck because lack of coverage. You're better off getting rid of it for Dragon Claw, so it can be a safe alternative STAB than outrage.

Soperman

The One and Only
Generally mamo is Jolly with max Speed, along with the Life Orb. Sometimes, Stone Edge is used over Icicle Crash for the coverage (since STAB Ice Shard is already super strong). Otherwise, looks good! :D

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
For rotom, change thunder to hp ice for better coverage.

Also, for jirachi, go thunder/thunder wave/body slam > thunderpunch for a better chance of paralysis and a careful nature > impish to boost special defense.