• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slowbro or Slowking?

Which should I get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ret46

I love Sealeo!
I'm currently playing through Pokemon Crystal. I have a Kingler as my Water type,but Kingler sucks at Special attacks so I need a better Pokemon that can use Surf. I've decided to use Slowpoke,but which evolution should I get: Slowbro or Slowking? Any help would be much appreciated.

Slowbro and Slowking have identical stats, excpet their Defense and Special Defense stats are swapped around. This means that their Surfs will be equally strong. Slowbro has the higher Defense, which I think is more useful than having a high Special Defense (as Slowbro and Slowking's only common physical weakness is Shadow Ball, and you could argue Megahorn, whilst they have a plethora of common special weaknesses such as Thunderbolt, Crunch, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Electric, Hidden Power Grass, Solarbeam, Thunder, ThunderPunch, etc.)

So I'd choose Slowbro, but if your team is very weak, in terms of Special Defense, you may have a bit of an excuse to use Slowking (although I think a Chansey or Blissey would be a better option).

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
I always liked Slowking more becuase he looks cooler. but in terms of stats, both of them are good in there own ways. slowbro has better defense. while slowking has higher sp.defense. its up to you. id choose slowking for reasons above, but if you want a pokemon of good defense, get Slowbro.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Slowking, because it's awesome, and it has high defenses. It's Sp. Atk is better then Slowbro's too, I think.

Firstly, apart from their defenses, Slowbro and Slowking have exactly the same stats, including Special Attack. I've always found Slowbro to be a lot better, even if it isn't a 2nd generation Pokemon. Slowbro can easily raise its Special Defense with Amnesia, and as I explained above, a high Defense stat on a Water/Psychic is more beneficial than a high Special Defense.

Skull-Kid

Firstly, apart from their defenses, Slowbro and Slowking have exactly the same stats, including Special Attack. I've always found Slowbro to be a lot better, even if it isn't a 2nd generation Pokemon. Slowbro can easily raise its Special Defense with Amnesia, and as I explained above, a high Defense stat on a Water/Psychic is more beneficial than a high Special Defense.

I second that.Most people in CRMT would tell you the same.

Kites

Champ In The Making
I say go with Slowbro.
I find him more enjoyable to use on my team than slowking.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
if i had to choose for myself i would choose slowking, it's for it's look mostly to be honest, they are both good when it comes to it.

ironknight42

Just go with the looks unless you need good defense than go with Slowbro and Slowking for Sp. Defense

darkness blade

big cuppa... EvIl!
yeah, get a slowking in my opinion. it looks better and is stronger

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Slowking's better because has only has Curse to boost his average defense while he only has a high Special Defense.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
Slowking for sure, higher Sp. Def.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
Slowking for sure, higher Sp. Def.

PamperedPersian1

Slowking for its high special defense because it's harder to take down with Electric and Grass attacks since most of the stronger ones are special.

shiny totodile

totodile learner
i say slowking is better because it has better stats and learns better moves

Status
Not open for further replies.