• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Slowking! A Curry-zy Beautiful Encounter!! (1186)

Quick question, why was the animation for a filler episode everyone was dreading one of the better animated episodes of this series? How much do you want to bet the animation here will be better than Ash vs Marnie, the one that actually needs it?
Oh, definitely. The animator of this episode did part one of the winter special, the summer special, and Ash vs Iris.

Iwaane just did five episodes or something, so he will obviously not be doing this (by the way, episode 86's animation was amazing). The animators are not the best for the Ash vs Marnie episode (Niioka and Yamazaki), but we will have to wait and see.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Oh, definitely. The animator of this episode did part one of the winter special, the summer special, and Ash vs Iris.

Iwaane just did five episodes or something, so he will obviously not be doing this (by the way, episode 86's animation was amazing). The animators are not the best for the Ash vs Marnie episode (Niioka and Yamazaki), but we will have to wait and see.
Yeah, Iwane just animated 6 consecutive episodes (5 of them being solo KA'd) so there was no chance he'd be working on this.

I've seen this sentiment going around, but I don't see what's wrong with Yamazaki and Niioka's episodes. Yamazaki has had some of JN's best episodes visually (22, 30, 45, 90), with the worst being average at worst. Niioka doesn't have a large enough sample size to judge from since all but one of their episodes have been shared with other animation directors, but they've been fine overall. Looking through the regular JN animation directors, I can't think of anyone who would be better on this episode. Everyone else is either the same or worse.

Risrhayne

Well that just happened. Definitely a cringe-inducing episode, yo yo yo.

Goh catching a Slowpoke, is this catch some kind of cruel joke?

We saw the evolved and Galarian forms from Slowpoke to Slowking! Why have Goh only get the first thing?

It’s such a shame to see Galar get so slammed. A bunch of regional forms get shown on a moving island. No Isle of Armor that I first saw with real money. I can live without Kubfu, but I wanted to see Mustard and Honey.

It was an interesting premise; a rap battle to make dinner. Sweet and spicy curry with straight fire to make it a winner!

It’s certainly not an episode I’d like to see again!

….but I think this poison is already starting to spread…

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I thought you quit watching Journeys. How do you know?

Pretty sure it was real, I saw it in my first watch, second watch, third watch, on the screenshot website...

Yes it's real but it's not what you think this is.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna watch this **** again, wake me up in April to see what disaster they do for the 25 aniversary. This, Cirsuc episodes, Overrated characters ,Team Yell, Leon being an ineficient champion...

I rather have :

And by the way this 4 seconds rap is much better that those "Raps", you want to watch a rap about noodels play Parappa the Rapper

As goofy as the current episode was, I noticed how much Grookey loved the rap battle, it shows that he might be interested in music after this, especially if he enjoys Piers's music in the next few episodes

Guys the Grookey Evolution episode on the horizon!
That would be exciting. Not the hugest fan of its evolutions, but we do seem to be getting something sort of leading up to an evolution. It needs to learn a move first.
Now the question is, after it evolves, who will Goh have on his shoulder?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As goofy as the current episode was, I noticed how much Grookey loved the rap battle, it shows that he might be interested in music after this, especially if he enjoys Piers's music in the next few episodes

It's literally in the species' genes to like music. The stick it has is a makeshift (cheap) drumstick before it becomes two proper ones.

Last edited:

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Actually not an essay time:
This episode was rather absurd to say the least. I obviously don't pay much attention to pokedex entries these days as I learned that Galarian Slowpoke tails are spicy due to the consumption of Galanut seeds. The rap battle was cringe and I could understand why Go thought Ash wearing the Slowking crown was a nightmare as he had to live it himself, becoming Go-king. In any case, it was nice to see the two sets of Slowpoke become friends by using Ash and Go as mediums, as I will admit at the top of the episode I thought the Galarian lot were planning to invade.
Such a missed opportunity in not having Go also capture a Galarian Slowpoke.

Yep, this again solidifies the fact that Goh is not going to catch every single Pokemon, at least this series. I doubt they would make more episodes like this just so that Goh could catch more...

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Goh's not even going to catch a copy of any of Ash's Journeys Pokemon (except Pikachu because it can evolve), so...
Plus, he keeps leaving the Team Rocket gacha machines behind instead of pilfering them for dozens of new and rare pokemon

'cause screw helping captured pokemon I guess?

Remember kids, gacha is cool and good, and max out your parents' credit cards to get all the rare pulls

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything

It's literally in the species' genes to like music. The stick it has is a makeshift (cheap) drumstick before it becomes two proper ones.
That should be Ash's Grookey evolving