• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Bros. Dojo!!! Discussion thread.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Approved by Shadowfaith.

All right, well time to get down to business with this, the discussion thread of the DOJO!!!!!!! and yes every time I say 'of the DOJO!!!!!' I have to have dojo in caps and five to eight punctuation marks that show excitement, yeah I know they're called exc- wait that's not the point...anyways,

The Dojo
All right, well time for the Smash Bros. Dojo layout....
*insert a link to a picture of the floor layouts here soon*

The Staff

We will be adding new staff soon, most of which will be original characters. If any of you would like to add a staff member of your choice, I will allow that with the following conditions.
1. The staff member must be approved by me, via PM.
2. The staff member cannot know personally any of the characters.
3. The staff member's sign up sheet will be the same as the roleplaying character's sheet.
5. The staff member must be able to teach subjects that you feel are lacking (like say...Hand to hand combat)
6. The staff member must be able to notice that there was no 4th thing.

The Start of a new year.

I feel that we should start off the new year with...THIS! All the characters move into their dorms getting ready for the first test. There will be a lot of expedition matches today, because....everyone will be facing their roommate in their first expedition match in the dojo. Now it's only to impress the professors and show who does what they should, impress the professors to show that they are good. ARGH! I'm rhyming!

Anyways, all matches vs. player characters are going to be randomized on winner, so no hard feelings to the losers, you all just aren't going to win ONE match so far..... Anyways, afterwards, it'll go about regular school business, like I said, every NPC is okay to bunny with the exception of Mr. Mario Smash, Mr. Luigi Smash, and Mr. Kirby Kirbiton.

As far as the matches go, I will reveal who wins or loses on here, and well, here's what I was hoping would work. Both of you PM/VM each other how you think that the match should happen so that the end result is what is posted on here.

Sub-plots

I do have a few, but if you have your own personal sub-plot you want to put in, feel free, though make sure it doesn't contridict someone else's subplot, or else you'll probably be starting a flame war, and you don't want the Ice guy in a flame war, ehehehehe...sorry, inside joke mainly.

Why you should care...

I got nothing...

And finally, relationships with Dr. Bill

Thank you thank you very much and welcome to a very special episode of Dr. Bill. I will be saying that since this place has pretty much ranging from children to older teens to young adults, I will say that relationships are definitely possible, though I would probably add an NPC just for that, seeing that all the PCs are all male except the 9 year old girl. And I will stress this point so I don't I repeat DON'T have this problem again, nothing beyond a kiss. Got it? Good.

Well that's that, here's hoping for a successful RPG. *goes to work on map to dojo actually I have college/uni tomorrow so I might be able to work on it tomorrow in between classes *

Yeah, I know not that impressive of a discussion thread, but oh well, at least it gets slightly the point across.

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
Do we get to meet our roomates before we fight them? How much time before the match? And how long till the RPG is posted?

*all these answered and more on the next episode of "SMASH BROS. DOJO!!!!!"*

Skillfulness

All the PCs are all male except the 9 year old girl.

I don't know if I should be flattered, or scared... Plus my roomate is an NPC for the same reason. I don't know if that's good or bad... There's room for interpritation.

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Hey Im posting for two reasons one, I have a question, and two, I just want to post in the discussion...
So when we have like written tests how will you do that?

Parasite

ブラック☆スタ
Is there an absolute limit on the amount of people per dorm? I am asking this incase no more people sign-up, making our numbers uneven.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Do we get to meet our roomates before we fight them? How much time before the match? And how long till the RPG is posted?

*all these answered and more on the next episode of "SMASH BROS. DOJO!!!!!"*

In order...
Yes...
I guess about 3 hours?
I plan on starting soon.

Hey Im posting for two reasons one, I have a question, and two, I just want to post in the discussion...
So when we have like written tests how will you do that?

Well, like I said, it's a freefloating schedule, so if you do have written tests, just make it a test you believe it will be, though knowing too much will result in me looking at you angrily.

Is there an absolute limit on the amount of people per dorm? I am asking this incase no more people sign-up, making our numbers uneven.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

Parasite

ブラック☆スタ
Sorry, I should have explained myself, I mean seeing as we have nine members, what will be happening with the dorms? Will there still be two to a dorm, while one person gets their own? Or will three people share?

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
ah, well, most likely, I will be creating an NPC for each person without a PC roommate.

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Okay, okay *looks guiltily into eyes* I'm sorry I asked *fake weeps*...... JUST KIDDING!!

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
It's magic... of the DOJO!!!!! .... Hello everybody, it time to see if my counting skill are right, (I don't know when I counts I tend to by one off... don't know why) I got there were 10 students, Two girls: one 9 year old, and a 17 year old. And eight guy youngest being 12 and the oldest are... 17?

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Hey, guys. S_o_S here, acceptee into teh dojo. CB, I need dorm info, right?

Well, like I told this other player that asked about that, I will assign dorms when I start up the game, which will be soon . . . all that's left is for me to actually work on the map and the first post

Z-gon

Gotta move that gear
Hey I have an idea for a teacher but he was going to teach final smashes so maybe i should wait till later for that. I got the idea because you mentioned it in the sign up page so i thought WHY NOT!!! Should i just Pm his Su to u and should he have a smash and normal forme and all that junk? Can it also be somebody from nintendo or just totaly made up human?

PS... I caps locked again!!! Happiness!

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Hey I have an idea for a teacher but he was going to teach final smashes so maybe i should wait till later for that. I got the idea because you mentioned it in the sign up page so i thought WHY NOT!!! Should i just Pm his Su to u and should he have a smash and normal forme and all that junk? Can it also be somebody from nintendo or just totaly made up human?

PS... I caps locked again!!! Happiness!

Well...I'll have to say, no FS's yet. I'll let you know when, though it won't happen for a LONG time.

But it can be completely original, in fact I have a couple of staff members myself, including a Dean of Operations. Anyways, you don't need an actual SU but give me enough so I can see what he could potentially be like.

Parasite

ブラック☆スタ
I noticed that you mentioned that some of the teachers go 'out', does that mean students can visit towns on weekends? Also, will this be like a normal school, with subjects such as math or science, or gym?

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
I noticed that you mentioned that some of the teachers go 'out', does that mean students can visit towns on weekends? Also, will this be like a normal school, with subjects such as math or science, or gym?

yes, they can. Also there will be times where students will be going throughout the world to participate in tournaments and things like that. Although not all students will be going to all the tournaments, in fact I doubt that there will be even one.

As far as the second question, no. It's more like a school that teaches you how to fight, not really so much on subjects. Besides when was the last time we needed Algebra and Trig. jk.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
yes, they can. Also there will be times where students will be going throughout the world to participate in tournaments and things like that. Although not all students will be going to all the tournaments, in fact I doubt that there will be even one.

Woo, Lawr will totally going out on a date with Amy, if she'll accept. What make you say that? Of course there will be a tournament, you got to be optimistic and determine and things will go your way, probably.

As far as the second question, no. It's more like a school that teaches you how to fight, not really so much on subjects. Besides when was the last time we needed Algebra and Trig. jk.

So it just like pokeschool where they only teach about pokemon and battling and nothing else (I think). I guess it good some of them have some schooling so they're not just dumb uneducated fighters (Sorry Skillful)... but I guess doesn't count Lawr, he still a idiot regardless.

Oh by the way, I'm thinking on making a teacher. He or most likely she will teach about weapons and items. Teaching about what they are, their origin and how to use them efficently as well as fight against them. Is that a good class idea?