1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

He works himself to the bone to please the Smash community, and most of us are ungrateful little sh*ts.

I hope after this game, he can get some rest. Besides, as he's already stated, Smash 6 is going to be hell trying to figure out.

Dragalge likes this.
  2. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Now we know why we didn't get a song update today.

Looking back at the Galaga remix video brings a change in the title on accident.

Bloody Tears, obviously, being the main song from Castlevania II.

EDIT: The title has seen been reverted back to Galaga Medley as of 2239 in 2400 time.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

Image for the curious:

[​IMG]

Someone's getting fired.

4. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

well at least they didnt accidentally upload the entire character page

5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

So Bomber from the Kirby series is confirmed to appear in Ultimate as an Assist Trophy. It looks like it is an Assist Trophy of a Bob-omb but I am not too sure at this moment if it will replace the Bob-omb.

6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It isnt an assist trophy and doesnt replace the bobomb

7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Must have misread. Yeah it's an item not an Assist Trophy. But really the only difference is the damage from the Bob-omb is more consistent within its blast radius while fighters face more damage within the blast radius of a Bomber if they are closer to it.

8. PrinceOfFacade

Not really a spoiler in the sense most would think given
    there have been many stages and tracks from video games that aren't represented by fighters. This may be another case.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It is completely different
    Bob-ombs you straight up throw
    Bombers you hold stationary for 1.5 seconds and then it explodes

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Dedede is voiced by Sakurai, so that joke was very much on his part.

11. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

Sakurai you troll. You just had to get us like that at the end lol

And Chrom got his chance!

12. PrinceOfFacade

Well, that was interesting.

Five new characters added, over 100 stages and 800 pieces of music, and STILL. NO. DIXIE KONG!!!!!!!!

I must say, though, while I am pleased with the returning and new features, I must admit all of this is rather overwhelming. It's a lot to process for one Direct. I was expecting something a lot less grand.

13. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

So many heavily requested characters, finally realized.

When Ridley the meme got in, I knew.

These echo fighters though are pretty good!

14. PrinceOfFacade

I'm hoping Sakurai is truly right when he said the echo fighters fight slightly different from their original counterparts.

I would hate for Dark Samus to be just a mere skin. I've been waiting for that character for a long time now.

15. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I think at this point, all we'd need is Geno for the masses to be satisfied.

As an aside, I'm happy K.Rool turned out exactly how I was hoping with a moveset referencing all of his boss fights throughout the series.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  16. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

Also freakin Shovel Knight got in as an Assist Trophy! Very happy for the guy!

Not to mention a FE weapon gets to be an item for once in the form of the Killing Edge. Definitely loving the new items altogether.

17. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Well-Known Member

Looks like Street Fighter gets lots of music in the game, 36 songs! There are 30 songs more than SSB4 has.

But sadly, it seems that Final Fantasy will get 2 songs this time too ... :(

18. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Told you King K. Rool and Simon Belmont would be in! I just knew it. K. Rool was one of the two obvious DK character to be added as a new rep and Simon should have been in with Snake in Brawl considering the Castlevania NES games still hold up well to this day and Simon helped solidify Nintendo as a video game giant.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  19. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

No you didn’t.

Seriously why do people always like to do this

EDIT: I’m jealous of that European limited edition of Ultimate. The box looks awesome lol

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  20. PrinceOfFacade

I like how assist trophies have become more like NPC characters than mere items. It's like having an extra roster to go up against.

I'm hoping we'll be able to select assist trophies like items, though I suppose if that were the case, it would have been mentioned in the Direct.