1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Tom Nook might be a slightly better choice, but I started this whole thing by saying that even as a big Animal Crossing fan, I don't think Animal Crossing necessarily needed another character.

2. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I knew right when the Isabelle reveal trailer started that it was for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Because there were rumors floating around.

3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

Honestly I feel indifferent about Isabelle being a fighter in Smash. With only one exception I can and will accept any character that makes it in. I am still surprised that Ms. PAC Man isn’t a fighter yet. She a female MAIN character from the early days of retro gaming which was very uncommon at the time her arcade game was released. Her game is still widely mainstream and her popularity hasn’t really diminished that much. And we know Sakurai loves the retro characters.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge ⎝╲⎝⧹⎝╲⎝⧹Turk⧸⎠╱⎠⧸⎠╱⎠

Tbh I see nothing wrong adding more female characters in the game as well. And a character who’s basically the mascot now for a hugely successful franchise, Isabelle works perfectly.

Erron Black likes this.
  5. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

It's funny how Isabelle is sort of echo-y in some places like her dash attack, Neutral Special and Up Special.

I am finally glad fishing rod gets representation though. Now we have both critter wrangling equipment.

I can't help but think of her down smash as being a joke for water board sessions. Someone is going to make the joke.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris 2 Cool 4 8-Bit School

Isabelle is essentially like how Luigi is to Mario.

Erron Black likes this.
  7. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

Animal Crossing needed another character in the same way Super Mario Bros. needed two the last game.

It's not necessary, but it's representation for such a huge and popular Nintendo game, so it's deserved.

Also, I don't see how Tom Nook would've been a better choice tbh. Isabelle has been advertised heavily and become the face of Animal Crossing since New Leaf. It's only sensible for her to be in before anyone else.

8. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara The Bard of Rage

Something Something unverified pacifist claims, methinks.

9. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

Again, 99% sure she's been deconfirmed. I believe we've seen her in the background of Pac-Land already.

Also, if she were to get in, it's almost guaranteed she'd be an Echo and not receive the Luigification treatment.

10. Auraninja

This is actually wrong, as she has the net as her standard grab. The fishing rod is probably her side special.

11. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Yeah it's her side special. Forward motion and her other specials are accounted for: up is the balloon swing, neutral is pocket, down special is planting the lloid mine

12. Auraninja

Tweet on how many characters could be left.

-The person who did this twitter thread said that there are few slots left on the Smash Ultimate box.
    -Isabelle is not shown, so there is one more unique newcomer.
    -The pattern is 9 characters on one side and then 9 characters on the other side.
    -The pattern seemingly breaks when it gets to Corrin, but Ken (Ryu echo) would fix it.

13. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

Huh, guess that’s it then if it turns out true. 72 seems like a nice number to end off. But reading the tweet, is it true that Sakurai said he would reveal every character/fighter before release? I don’t follow the Smash news and rumors much.

14. Auraninja

Yes, Sakurai said in the Smash Direct that he would reveal all the fighters before release.

15. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

Oh ok. I forgot about that, thanks.

16. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

After viewing the box, checking its character assembly, then checking the roster on the official site, it appears the folks on Twitter are off by one.

It's 2 more after Isabelle, not including her.

You see, that side of the box holds potentially 36 character slots, and it is to be assumed the other side does as well. Seeing that Mii Fighters take up one slot, it can be assumed Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard do as well. Thus, total amount of slots used up on that box as of now would be 70.

If Isabelle was one of the last two reveals, she would be 71. However, after counting all slots on the official site, which match the box, Isabelle is in fact the 70th character. Therefore, she is on the other side of the box.

And this is where the final math comes in:

- Two slots after Isabelle completes 72 slots on the box.
    - Isabelle is listed on the site as #68.
    - Two more after her brings the base total to 70.

There are two more characters left. Neither are Echo Fighters.

That's my take, anyway.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris 2 Cool 4 8-Bit School

Some people have joked there wasn't any murder in Isabelle's reveal...because she was shown fishing Luigi's body out of the ocean instead.

18. Auraninja

There is a supposed mess up in the pattern where Corrin should be on the other side of the box.

However, putting someone like Ken as a Ryu echo would fix that pattern.

Therefore, Isabelle would be on the right side.

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

There's a lot of missing characters on that box. From what I can tell, most of the new Echoes are missing, so they don't even have every new character on this box. Can we really be certain that the one unaccounted for slot means only one new character?

Regardless, I sure hope that isn't the case.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Two sides. Technically we still can't know how many are on the other side, but yeah, that's just wishful thinking.

20. Auraninja

They would supposedly be on the other side of the box.

For every 9 characters on the left side of the box, there are 9 on the other side.