• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

lolipiece

Lime-colored Catboi
Staff member
there's another that's just Wii Fit Trainer (Male) doing a yoga pose
Is the male Wii Fit Trainer part of the group that got wrecked by Tabuu(?)'s Off Wa...er, Off Laser? Because that's technically (by the loosest definition) also a different character. But whatever.

Also, I just realized. Master Hand died in the Subspace Emissary and was left behind after Tabuu's defeat. Guess we're gonna learn what happened with that.

And the hell is Jibanyan?
Mascot character of "Pokemon Killer" Yo-kai Watch.

It's super popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy gets added as DLC.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Didn't Sakurai outright say Rex wasn't happening?
No. He said Rex wasn't added to the base game because the roster had been decided before XC2 was done.

That being said, it's still possible he may be DLC.

R_N

Is the male Wii Fit Trainer part of the group that got wrecked by Tabuu(?)'s Off Wa...er, Off Laser? Because that's technically (by the loosest definition) also a different character. But whatever.

Also, I just realized. Master Hand died in the Subspace Emissary and was left behind after Tabuu's defeat. Guess we're gonna learn what happened with that.
The entire crux of the mode was it was an apocalypse and wiped out everyone.

Also the being is called Galeem.

Platina2000

Personally, I say the Piranha plant is a big, albeit passive-aggressive, 'screw you' to the fans who pestered the creator about Waluigi. I doubt that's true, of course, but it IS funny when you think about it. XD

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Mascot character of "Pokemon Killer" Yo-kai Watch.

It's super popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy gets added as DLC.
The company that owns Digimon develops both SSB & Pokken & somehow Pokemon vs. Yo-Kai is the more probable crossover. How does that happen?

Pokemon Power

I was actually hoping for Incineroar before, so I'm glad they added it in, and Ken makes sense, since Castlevania has an Echo Fighter representative too. I gotta say, I'm intrigued with Piranha Plant. It's inclusion means that enemy characters can become playable in Smash! Anyone up for Bandana Waddle Dee as a DLC fighter? Along with him, I'm hoping to see Sceptile, Impa, someone from Tekken, and someone from Dragon Quest.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I don't know if this has been specifically been addressed, but I think it will be Piranha Plant and 5 fighters from the Fighter Pass for DLC (rather than Piranha Plant being part of the pass).

Ignition

That damn smile
Egg on my face regarding the Grinch stuff.

Anyone who hates or dislikes Incineroar probably hated it when it was revealed for Gen 7 already.

Still...

EL TIGRE/LA TIGRESSA IS HERE! *It's so fluffy*... And Ken has his kicks..sick!

Piranha Plant has Paper Mario references...nice. Sakurai really likes to take mundane characters and creatively make them awesome. Looking forward to playing as it.

Spirits and tags looks to be as annoying a collectathon as Trophies, stickers and customs were, and they will still be banned from EVO and other tourneys if not already banned...sooooo pointless except to 100%ers.

DLC deconformation breakdown:Spirits de-confirms Geno, Shantae, Marx and Pyra...Assist Trophies de-confirms Issac, Shadow, Skull Kid, Spring Man, and Akira...Mii Outfits de-confirms Rex and Ribbon Girl...ughhh...MAKE CHARACTERS PEOPLE WANT, NOT GLORIFIED CAMEOS!

Bandanna Dee is still on the table, though...along with Rhythm Heaven Rep, Mach Rider, Banjo-Kazooie, Steve and other possibilities...

Adventure Mode better have full voice acting throughout or voices in 1 cutscene was a waste of time, money and effort that could have gone to developing more characters...and Kirby is Nintendo's savior once again...I bet Sakurai hates/is jealous of Shigeru Miyamoto and did this to screw with him....not that I don't want an a*****e like Miyamoto screwed with...he desreves it for the Argonaut and Rare debacles...

Online can't guarantee no items matches because of For Glory removal...sucks to be final items, no only, Fox Destination-types.
How's Geno disconfirmed?

BCVM22

I don't know if this has been specifically been addressed, but I think it will be Piranha Plant and 5 fighters from the Fighter Pass for DLC (rather than Piranha Plant being part of the pass).
I thought they made that pretty clear on their own. Five untitled DLC characters plus the Piranha Plant as an early purchase incentive. Which, not for nothing, would bring Ultimate's roster to a nice round number of 80.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I thought they made that pretty clear on their own. Five untitled DLC characters plus the Piranha Plant as an early purchase incentive. Which, not for nothing, would bring Ultimate's roster to a nice round number of 80.
Okay, I wanted to make sure.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It's also very possible that these 5 DLC characters are just the first season of DLC, with all of these characters released in 2019, and more released in years to come. That's what the implication seemed to be to me.

R_N

They try to play both ways with Pokemon Trainer, it's annoying & weird
But we have the 69 characters (nice), the 7 echoes and the 6 DLC

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
The company that owns Digimon develops both SSB & Pokken & somehow Pokemon vs. Yo-Kai is the more probable crossover. How does that happen?
Digimon fell off the radar pretty hard as I think the last Western game entry Nintendo console wise was Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.....all the way back in 2007 while Yo-Kai Watch still enjoyed enough popularity for the third game to be localised. Also it is nice the Adventure Mode is looking to feature full voice acting for the cutscenes.