1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Well-Known Member

Would be awsome to see Tabuu again. I also hope that they will take back Rayquaza and Porky.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if they didnt just bring back all the SSE bosses. I mean Petey is there as PP's final smash (down to the dang cages) and they brought back Galleom of all things, no reason not to grab Porky, Duon, Rayquaza and Tabuu. Well probably not the Ridleys, since they didnt even bring back Pyrosphere.

3. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I'm watching the Tree House footage right now. I was very surprised to see that Daisy uses Peach's traditional Final Smash. It had seemed that this game had completely standardized Final Smashes, removing all of the quirky and unique ones, but Peach's was arguably the biggest outlier of them all. Pleasently surprised to see that they kept it.

Galleom might just be back because they wanted to pick a Smash Bros original boss. Still would be cool to have all the bosses back.

4. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

They showed Diddy's Final Smash too, and it acts like Super Sonic.

Aside from those Final Smashes we know from text and can guess what they do, i.e. Ash-Greninja, I think now the only Final Smash left to be seen is Robin's.

They've been keeping him in the dark for whatever reason. Not a single moment of gameplay footage today had Robin. What's up.

5. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Most spoilers when the game inevitably gets leaked wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't want to spoil "World of Light" for myself.

I would even look at a datamined list of all of the Spirits if I had the option.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  6. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Incineroar breaks the odd-gen curse regarding Pokemon representation in Smash. Other than G1, no other odd-numbered generation had been represented until G7 with Incineroar.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Track it back and Super Smash Bros. releases tend to be staggered opposite major Pokémon releases. Not really a curse so much as it is differently timed development cycles.

8. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Digimon is still going strong. The series is finally coming to the Nintendo Switch with Digimon Survive.

9. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Oh yeah, Galeem nuked the entire *censored*ing galaxy. That's friggin crazy.

10. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

What would make Incineroar's presentation complete would be The Masked Royal cheering him on in the background whenever you play as him (like the Pokemon Trainer is in the background for his Pokemon).

11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

It's fine. During gameplay, its power goes down by a trillion.

12. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

And the fact that Incineroar, the Generation 7 final evolved Fire-type starter, is in this game with Greninja, the Generation 6 final evolved Water-type starter, gives me high hopes for two things. One, related to this, is high hopes that Sceptile, the Generation 3 final evolved Grass-type starter, who got a resurgence in popularity with Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire released in between X and Y AND Sun and Moon, will be added as one of the DLC fighters to complete the pattern. Second, related to the anime, is that Ash's Torracat will evolve into Incineroar, and maybe even have an Ash-Greninja-esque form.

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Sorry to cut your weeds and creepy anime theories, but we already got a Grass-type in.

Piranha Plant.

PrinceOfFacade, Genos, BCVM22 and 2 others like this.
  14. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Not really my point.

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

With a possibility of being part-Fire. Representing the Fire Piranha Plants in Super Mario Bros. 3.

16. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I was a fan of the custom gear in Smash 4, but not a fan of how ridiculously RNG it was to get specific set-ups for a specific character (Particularly ones like G&W who share little to no equipment with other characters), so the Spirits system seems like a much more convenient method of doing this. I just hope they have a mode where you can use it online for some crazy battles.

I was also expecting a really random, unexpected character, and the Pinranha Plant certainly delivered. It's funny that it took little to no improvising to make a proper moveset for it with how many versions of thing there's been throughout the Mario games.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  17. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Even though its not part of the Fighters Pack, Piranha Plant still gets a stage and a list of music.

Tweet

18. sanae

sanae stop trying to be god ☆

kinda mad about this direct but oh well, that's the way it goes
    most disappointing were all the trophy reveals

wish all characters were dlc so i didn't have to look at incineroar tbh

19. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Was kind of hoping for Decidueye as the next-in-line Pokemon character with the lack of new shooter characters but Incineroar's wrestler-fighting style is cool too.

20. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I think I might get Piranha Plant later down the line when it's paid DLC.

Smash Bros. always had DLC that's worth the price, so I don't mind. I mean, a character, stage, and several music tracks for $4.99? It's almost like they care more about quality content than they do about money!

I wonder if we'll be able to unlock characters through World of Light. Perhaps defeating the zombie could maybe unlock that character in addition to the Spirit, or at least, activate the usual fight for unlocking. Since I plan to take the entire day off from work on December 7, I'm going to see how many characters I can unlock in that one day. I'm hoping to get at least 20.