1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Wasn't the singer already known? I remember people talking about it. Or was that just people guessing? Did they guess right?

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Just guessing and they were wrong on both languages, iirc

Like people thought the japanese version was sung by the woman who did the kirby anime's song but it was a new up & comer 17 year old

3. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

We all know the REAL reason Kirby survived. And Sakurai doesn't watch Death Battle for the logic, so it clearly is...

B-I-A-S!

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

For Incineroar, they could use the Battle Royale theme, etc. There’s definitely a good number of source material that can be used.

PrinceOfFacade likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Guessing.

And for once, sincerely not many people ever heard Abby singing anywhere in a game.

6. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

The way he explained it makes perfect sense. Kirby is a great generalist and starting character for Smash Bros, and had a built-in way to escape Galeem. Kirby was perfectly logical choice, regardless of his affiliation with Sakurai. Why does it have to be bias?

7. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

He still asspulled Death Battle logic.

By THAT brand of moon logic,Mario, Luigi, Sonic and many others could have run fast enough to break light speed and survived with Kirby, and Peach could have killed Galeem with a soccer ball kick before they were all killed.

BIAS justified with MOON LOGIC. Nothing more.

8. AuraChannelerChris

...Wait, the "bias" post was serious?

9. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Today's fighter is Mr. Game & Watch, adding much relief to how many Melee characters didn't have blogs.

Left: Yoshi, Bayonetta, Mewtwo, Roy.

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It's always serious.

11. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Two main problems with statement:
    1) How in the world would Mario and Luigi travel faster than light? And Sonic can only travel at light speed (not faster) with all seven Chaos Emeralds.
    2) It's not just a matter of going fast enough, as Sakurai pointed out. Galeem's light went on to encompass the entire Galaxy. Not even light-speed travel would be enough to escape it. It wasn't just a matter of going fast enough, you had to literally escape reality to survive, which, according to Sakurai, Kirby can do with the laws of physics-breaking Warp Star.

Huh? Did you not grasp the fact that Galeem is some sort of mega-powerful godly entity? How is a soccer ball supposed to stop it? Am I missing something here?

Regardless of what you meant by soccer ball, I think it's pretty clear that no one there was powerful enough to defeat Galeem in battle, at that point.

12. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I like how Sakurai pointed out that Galeem's light was strong enough to kill every angel in Paradiso, which is why Bayonetta herself would not have been able to survive it in the end. Pretty much, she wouldn't have had anywhere to go.

I do say, though, that if Bayonetta wasn't so selfish, she could've slowed time long enough for Kirby to extend the Warp Star to at least a few other fighters.

13. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I don't know the lore of Bayonetta, but from what I can understand, yeah, that was pretty good logic. You can tell that he actually put thought into this.

For what it's worth, I'm sure the reason that they manage to defeat Galeem in the end is going to be because every fighter works together, instead of just trying to protect themselves.

14. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

inb4 Yoshi is the last to be shown off

poor Yoshi was the only one of the original 8 to be shown in the second half of the roster reveal at E3(Even being the LAST character shown) and the last of the 8 to be revealed in Sm4sh

15. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

On the subject of Mr. Game and Watch, he certainly got a heck of a lot of buffs. They've ironed out practically every major flaw he had outside of his extremely light weight, and his only "nerfs" are more like sidegrades if anything (Such as uair not being a kill move anymore and being a projectile harassment tool instead).

The two biggest ones to me are being able to control where his neutral B launches food now (Making those goofy bacon to dair edgeguards more reliable) and the bucket being completely safe after absorbing something now (The i-frames end the instant G&W is able to act, meaning he can just shield or up B to safety if people try to rush him down now) on top of being a reflector against things that can't be absorbed.

He's always been one of my mainstays since Melee, so him looking to be the best he's ever been to date has me really hyped. Now I just need see some crispy Wario tech and I'll be golden.

16. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

I'm just going to make a bold prediction and say that Poochy will be one of the DLC characters. I mean, when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.
    • Yoshi is the only member of the “original eight” to not have multiple playable fighters for his franchise
    • Poochy plays an important role in the series as Yoshi's sidekick and best friend
    • had his name appear in the title of the 3DS Woolly World port
    • starred alongside Yoshi in many shorts which were very popular with kids; he's cute and marketable just like Isabelle
    • recently appeared in Super Mario Odyssey where he showed up in the hint art and at Bowser’s Kingdom
    • would promote Yoshi's Crafted World coming out on the Switch next year as well as giving us a new stage based off that game
    • would add another quadruped fighter to the roster which there aren’t many of
    • Yoshi only got one new remixed track, so a pack with Poochy could remedy this
    [​IMG]

17. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

With Poochy being in Yoshi's Crafted World, I can maybe see this happening.

However, Nintendo is the one that drafted the list, and I'm not sure how marketable they find him. Even then, it's Sakurai selecting the fighters from that list, and he'll have to find viability in Poochy.

18. AuraChannelerChris

Remind me again why Paradiso being gone weakened Bayonetta's escape?

19. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Super Sonic could possibly go faster than the speed of light. The Chaos Emeralds do enhance the user’s abilities after all.

20. AuraChannelerChris

Do you see any Chaos Emeralds with Sonic in the cutscene. He never carries them all with him, except for that Sonic 3 opening.