1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Well... Joker joining the roster is going to give me a shipping challenge.
    Outside of the Canon ships/ ships that might be canon.

I already paired Pit with Samus (Because Samus has DNA from bird people, Metroids and I want to see Pit suffer in putting up with that.)

Dark Pit with Bayonetta (Because both would flip off the divine if given the chance!)

and potentially Little Mac with the Female Wii Fit Trainer. (Because Mac exercises and the Wii Fit Trainer can work with that.)

Otherwise, he is going to wait in the back of the line behind the Piranha plant! (A generic mook being in a fighting game is for some reason more interesting of an idea.)

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

What a concept!

3. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

It's not my "ideals." Smash Bros is, by definition, a Nintendo all-stars game. By diluting the character pool with non-Nintendo characters, they are moving away from the core idea of the series.

I can create for you a massive list of video games that are "better known." Does that mean they should all get into Smash Bros to?

I'm just saying if there is any validity, I'm not seeing it.

Over 10% is a pretty big number for characters that are supposed to be guests. Yes, there's no objective way to actually define such a threshold, but there's still a clear difference between where we stand now, and where we were before Smash Bros Wii U's DLC.

The problem is that they don't have to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel yet. Yes, we're not in the days of Brawl anymore, where there were tons of obvious additions, but we're not at the point where there's nothing left either. Someday we probably will get to the point where it's a choice between Shy Guy and another third party character, but we're just not nearly there yet.

Oh please no...

Very true. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little happy to be able to save some money. At the same time though, it's sad because it's that many less actual

4. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

It appears my reasoning somehow flew over your head if you came to that very-off conclusion.

You see, you are actually quite correct that this is a game about Nintendo which means obviously lol Cloud even has more of a reason to be in the Smash Bros. game. Now your probably confused, wait what? That makes no sense. Cloud has almost no history of being in a Nintendo game! That's your straightforward thought process am I right? Cloud has no history with Nintendo, that is true but see what Cloud does have is he is one of the most recognizable, if not THE most recognizable Square Enix character to date. It is not necessarily Cloud who has a relationship with Nintendo, it's Square Enix themselves, the company not the game or the series, who has a good relationship with Nintendo and through that, they give out there most famous character to represent Final Fantasy in Smash Bros. This is good marketing for Square Enix and is a good partnership for Nintendo. What people can defend about Cloud, in your case anyway, is that he still makes an extremely small minority of 11 third-party characters (including Joker and Bayonetta) compare to the extremely massive 67 Nintendo characters. Unless your arguing for a pure Nintendo All-Stars game, this is still a heavily favored Nintendo All-Star game.

5. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Your the one who said history didn't matter. Now you're saying history matters.

Basically, I am.

6. shoz999

I see. Other than the obvious mistake you made, I suppose were done here if that's what your all for. Unless your willing to change your stance, one who absolutely wants a purely all-star Nintendo game will absolutely reject any and all logical or illogical reason to defend the third party guest-stars, even if there is one guest star. To put it simply, unless your willing to change your mind that a Smash Bros. game can have third party guest stars, there's no point to discussing any of this further.

7. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I've never actually played Persona 5 before, but I've watched playthroughs of it so I can definitely appreciate Joker's inclusion still.

I really look forward to the potential songs he'll bring in, too.

8. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Joker from Persona 5 being the first of the 5 DLC was very unexpected, it also gives a small ray of hope for Sora supporters if a moveset can be made for him that keeps Disney references to a minimum. Still does not change that I don’t have high hopes for Jibanyan however.

Dragalge and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I was expecting a main series SMT representative actually(because they have been consistently in Nintendo consoles except for SMTIII and IMAGINE), but either way nice to see Sega has another guy.

Hopefully this means Persona 5 will be available for Switch.

Dragalge likes this.
  10. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

I can’t believe you all are forgetting Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Really though Sakurai just really wanted Cloud, and FF7 is coming to Switch. If you can get past the dated graphics it holds up pretty well.

11. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

They literally only ever called it a 'Nintendo all-stars game' in Melee and 64. You know why? Bc all it had was Nintendo characters then.

Also it being a 'Nintendo all-stars game' doesn't mean it can't have 3rd party characters. Just look at 'Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale'.

You're literally just shoving your own ideals as to what Smash Bros. is and should be in everyone's faces saying that third parties don't belong in it. Well, guess what? Not up to you, and clearly Nintendo and Sakurai believe that these characters are deserving and worthy for the roster.

Mr. Reloaded and Dragalge like this.
  12. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

You need to wait until December 14th.

13. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

Still holding on for Nathan Drake

14. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Or Joker romances Rosalina.

Star Mama would be a cute twist compared to his options in the games. (Ann, Makoto, Futaba "Best girl", Haru and a couple of the non party girls I forgot the names of, baring Kawakami/ Becky.)

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Which merely repackages my original question to you: to what extent does it matter whether you - or I, or that guy over there - "see" the validity or not? Is the content overturned and thrown out if we can't convince you of its merit?

16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

So can Amiibos unlock fighters as a faster way to get them?

17. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Nope. Just VS matches, world of light and classic mode iirc.

18. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

Oh. I have to wait until next week to play the game. I was hoping I could instantly unlock Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Inkling, And Greninja by scanning their respective Amiibos.

19. Dragalge

Dragalge I miss hell =(

I like that Fire Emblem Heroes got a couple pieces of music in but I was still hoping for Return to Nifl to be remixed. At least there's that theme that plays in the end of "Gear up for..." that also plays in the Book II trailer. As odd as it is for home screen music like that to be played somewhere where people are fighting, that particular part of the piece was nicely composed haha.

20. shoz999

It's just a hunch but I have the strangest feeling we'll see Capcom's DMC's Dante in Smash.