1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I think it’d be interesting if Shantae became a DLC fighter. She has so many possible movesets but I mainly want to see her Final Smash be Risky come crashing into the stage in her pirate ship and start launching massive cannonballs all across the stage which cause major damage and is one of the harder Smashes to avoid getting hit. Her transformations could either be specials or side Smashes and she could use the Lamp from Pirate’s Curse as a type of stun where it acts like a vacuum and draws in nearby fighters close to Shantae allowing her to do a follow up attack.

2. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

I love Joker's inclusion as a DLC newcomer in Smash Ultimate. I've never played any of the Persona games, but I love the art style and music in Persona 5. Last Surprise is arguably one of the best battle themes in existence.

3. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Aww. But still at least they cover a good range of features.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

To anyone who left a responce to one of my comments in the past 12 hours, I just wanted to say that I'm not ignoring you. I'm just leaving this thread for now, until I get a chance to fully experience Ultimate for myself.

Happy smashing, everyone!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Dragalge likes this.
  5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

How are the 1v1's online? Do they function without LANs?

6. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Maybe they should have included Amiibo Unlocks in the Day 1 patch

7. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Interestingly, though, just about anything leads to an approaching challenger.

I've lost matches and still ended up unlocking characters. Plus, there's the Challenger Approach mode as well.

I do wish it were possible to change the main menu music. Wasn't that possible in Smash Wii U?

8. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

From what I've experienced so far, Smash Ultimate is perhaps the best game in the series! Counting Pokemon Trainer as three, I have 44 fighters on the roster so far, and I can't wait to unlock the rest!

9. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Unlocking everyone legitimately is dumb, too many people in this game to have 10 minute waiting periods just to have a chance at getting them. And World of light is completely unviable because of it's length.

10. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Currently have 20 characters on the roster (22 if you count the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as separate characters), the only characters I had to use the rematch feature on so far were Shulk and Pit. Jigglypuff was the most anti-climatic of the bunch, was expecting a somewhat decent match only for her to use Rollout for a self-inflicted KO.

11. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

I just got Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and I am loving it!!!!

Although as far as I can tell characters are unlocked at random (with the arguable exception of Spirits mode, not sure about Classic mode however, I haven't played that part yet)

12. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

i've been sticking with classic mode runs
    nice steady stream of characters and it feels like you're doing something instead of just grinding out challenges

It may be long winded but it feels nice. But it also helps I'm not trying to get all characters asap

13. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

I've been just doing Cruel Smash and passing time to get incoming challenges.
    Also, the Pro Controller feels super odd for me for Smash. Might have to get the GameCube controller.

14. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Hows the online? Great? Bad?

15. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I've already unlocked nearly 40 characters. It really isn't that bad.

Speaking of which, since I've seen many discrepancies online regarding how to unlock Dark Samus, I thought I'd put it here in a spoiler tag. Hope it helps!

Dark Samus can be unlocked by completing Co-op Classic Mode with Samus.

The difficulty and the second character chosen are both irrelevant. For quick unlocking, play at 1.0.

16. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

varies wildly, as per the norm with smash

the matchmaking in quickplay is trash

17. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Matchmaking in any ranking system early on is going to be rough. It's better to give it a few days at least.

18. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

Yeah matchmaking is complete ass at the moment, steer from that garbage.

Online in general from what I understand is just not stable.

19. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

That's pretty disappointing. Almost every other online Nintendo game is excellent but Super Smash Bros. has always been like this since Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Why is this a continuing trend with Smash Online?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  20. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Adventure Mode isn't going to win any awards for variety of gameplay, but some of the Spirit representations are so disgustingly clever that I can't help but enjoy the mode.

Darunia of the Gorons represented by a light-furred Donkey Kong wielding a hammer over an area of lava? Nintendo, you clever sons of...