1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Ya know, it recently dawned on me that Android 21 originated in video games, and that FighterZ is on Switch. Likely ain't gonna happen, but it's a thought.

Also, it took me almost exactly 24 hours to unlock every single character. As in I was only maybe about 5-10 minutes off. I hope I never have to go through that again.

2. Genos

Genos Sword

So far I have 53 characters (excluding Mii Fighters). I only lost to Roy and Bayonetta.

I'm taking my time on this. And I'm doing it in VS matches (because I play horrible with a specific character on Classic mode to unlock others).

3. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

How dare they make Arceus a Spirit?

Can't wait to get it, though. :p

4. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

I'm really liking Classic Mode, the themes behind each character's really makes them feel less repetitive and it's actually pretty fun to go through each one. Ryu's probably the favorite so far for being a Street Fighter game in Smash form.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Phew. All I got left is Roy. So glad all the rematches just piled up in one go.

6. PrinceOfFacade

If you like that, you're gonna love what they have in World of Light.

7. Born Better

I played Spirits for a bit, and meh. Outside of the references, it really is just glorified event matches, which means half the enjoyment of this is entirely depending on your knowledge of all these characters. Even then, if it weren't for the game outright telling you that you're supposed to be fighting *insert character here*, you'd never be able to guess it was a reference to anyone.

8. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Hilarious that even the all mythological mighty creator of the Pokémon universe was ‘killed’ to become a spirit. But still I would rather have it as a Poké Ball Pokémon.

9. PrinceOfFacade

Been playing Smash with my nephews for a few hours now, and it's been a lot of fun.

Creating all these different rule sets makes for super fun 'event' Smashes. I even made a Bomb Smash mode! :D

10. e6life

e6life Shedinja Trainer

I’m actually quite disappointed with this installment of Smash. The story is nowhere near the greatness like that of Brawl’s, and after playing for hours to finally unlock my favorite character, Meta Knight, I find that they altered his standard special attack. It works sorta opposite than it did before, repulsing rather than sucking in nearby opponents. My largest complaint is the online play. Unless there’s something I’ve yet to figure out, I can’t play with my desired rules or glory mode as before.

11. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

This is easily my biggest complaint, it just flat out doesn't work most of the time. Probably because everyone would rather just play arena. Lag's really bad too.

12. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

The story mode is "not as epic" because people broke Sakurai's heart uploading cutscenes to the internet last time. Blame YouTube, not Sakurai.

And Reloaded, what do you mean by arena?

Please be more specific.

13. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I wonder if one of the four left DLC Champs is a Fire Emblem Character to market Fire Emblem Three Houses, kind of like what they did for Fates.

14. PrinceOfFacade

An article I just read stated all 5 DLC characters will be those of a unique and 'uncommon' quality, as far as Smash goes.

Reggie Fils-Aime says in the article that Sakurai wanted characters whose franchises aren't really associated with Nintendo (which heavily implies all-guest DLC). From the way Reggie stated it, though, and given Nintendo did make the list, it seems Nintendo is using the DLC to potentially widen the Switch's game catalogue.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/12/...blematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  15. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

So what your basically saying is... no Waluigi lol.

16. Born Better

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

whew, unlocked everyone through classic
    except the miis, of course, but i'll just get those through world of light

I've got all kinds of spirits now so WoL will have a bit more variety to it. I've gone down the villager path

18. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

You can create your own Miis if you want to. That's what I'll do.

19. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'm aware, I just want to get them through world of light

Its so dumb how the Miis dont have their own classic modes.

20. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Adventure mode has been a mixed bag for me, with the Spirit battles ranging from hilarious/entertaining to "Why does this exist". Some of the gimmicks are cute, but the ones that decide to just spam a team of level 9 AIs with minimal handicaps at you aren't among my favorites. Fighting giants can also be really frustrating due to how good the new AI is at abusing their superior range, and they often have some effect to make it even rougher like permanent super armor, curry, etc, none of which can be truly countered by any specific spirit effect (There's one that boosts damage against giants, but that's about as good as it gets).

The new Mach Tornado has given Meta Knight a new option for getting cheesy low percent kill combos due to having a strong single hit of horizontal knockback instead of multiple hits with a weak vertical hit at the end. It's also much better for edgeguarding due to you being able to connect a hit with it immediately then retreat to back to the stage instead of having to wait for the whole thing to hit.