1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

honestly so far as those type of fights go I had significantly less issues with it then I did Dr. Wily, The Boss or Geno

2. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

When I fought Dark Pit he dashed right off the stage from the start and lost instantly. I almost died laughing. Shame I couldn't save the video of the battle.

3. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Yeah after I lost several times to the Dr. Wily, Jeff, and 18-Volt & 9-Volt I left and went off to get more Support Spirits that aided me. I came back and they were beat. Jeff was tough but the badge helped me A LOT reflecting projectiles back at em. I used Donkey Kong for Jeff.

I think I used Wii Fit Trainer for 18-Volt & 9-Volt. The trick here was to get those Boss Galaga items. Don't try to fight cause you will lose. The CPU ain't as smart as to get away from the Boss Galaga.

Dr. Wily was actually my easiest out of the 3. I got Bison's Spirit and that boosts PSI power for Lucas, the Support Spirits I used was 2 HP boosts and Psyduck for another PSI boost. After that is was smash attacks galore and Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am!

4. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I bloody hate Dr. Wily.

I still haven't beaten him, yet.

5. 1. The bad ends actually count towards your completion percentage of World of Light. They don't get unlocked in the movie gallery if you only get the true end
    2. No, you get the cutscene of the bad end you picked and the game goes back to just before the final battle.
    3. NG+ is optional and can be saved in a separate save slot. So you can start NG+ in one save slot while keeping your completed game in another. You don't get more than 3 save slots though.

You also need more skill points than the base World of Light gives you to get all skills. So if you want them all, you'll have to do a NG+ (or buy them in the shops if they appear in it, that'd also work).

As for tough WoL battles. The only ones I had issues with were the 9 and 16 volt one, managed to beat it after getting an Assist Killer spirit and a few more tries. The Boss also took me a few tries even after beating the story and the Pauline one was a struggle until I realized I could beat it easily with a staff and a spirit that increases projectile damage.

6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Thanks, good to know. Quick follow up
    At what point do the endings first come up and how much leeway do I have with it. I've progressed a little bit now, I see that the game tells you whenthe balance goes out of whack, but I've still got plenty to tilt it one way or the other. I assume there's more to this after beating master/crazy since I'm missing 4 characters but only see 2.

Basically I'd like to get all 3 in one swoop because I like WoL but I don't "run the entire game at least twice" like it. I'll pop into NG+ to finish off the sphere grid when its over.

7. Every ending requires a boss battle. Either of the bad endings requires you to go up do Galeem or Dharkon to take one of them down. I also tried to balance things while unlocking all spirits and unlocked all of those in the final world before I did the final battle, so I don't know what happens if it's off-balance and you try to finish it. You are required to beat both Master and Crazy hand for the true ending though.

8. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

So according to the internet, you know how Pichu is a joke character originally? A lot of people are joking around that Pichu is now god-tier lol. Pichu apparently got a huge buff in swiftness (meaning he's very hard to hit) and takes less damage than before.

9. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I have a question about the World of Light. Can you get
    the True ending in World of Light if you play on East mode, or do you need to do the harder modes to get the true ending?

10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Having actually done it, the True Ending is based purely on an extremely obvious choice and nothing else. Trust me when you see it you'll know

11. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

Thanks. I look forward to playing it since I'll have the time to do so coming up.

12. Genos

Genos Sword

The latest patch has been released.

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Seems to be mostly bug fixes on characters, alongside an attempt to improve matchmaking (they should just reintroduce for glory, honestly)

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have loaded the patch and its "lower difficulty on approaching challengers" before I got my controller handed to me by Dark Pit for the second time.

15. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I feel like Classic Mode is easier for the most part this time around, but boy howdy did they buff the heck out of Master/Crazy Hand.

Just the fact that they no longer remain on the opposite sides of the platform really complicates things as it can cause their attacks to overlap in new ways that can be extremely difficult to avoid.

They're easily the toughest bosses of the lot, IMO, since having to know what all of their many attacks do and how to avoid each of the countless possible combos is really rough.

I wouldn't say he's anything near top tier, but they did a much better job of making him a proper glass cannon now, as he was just glass in Melee.

He has a much easier time getting kills then Pikachu because his down B is easily combo'd into and just his ftilt has enough knockback to get kills easily in the mid 100s.

His main flaws are his stubby range and ridiculously low weight making it so he can't afford to trade hits with pretty much any other fighter.

16. Genos

Genos Sword

Adjusted difficulty of approaching challengers

I would've love to have this sooner. Because I raged-home button a lot of times. :mad:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  17. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

So they adjust the difficulty of approaching challengers AFTER we get all the characters?

What kind of bulls*** is that?

18. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

The kind where they make a patch less than a week after release date.

19. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

You're heavily misinterpreting what Florges is saying.

They're saying the matchmaker in this game is terrible compared to Sm4sh. For Glory/For Fun were light years better than what we now have. Why?

Because no matter what it almost ALWAYS seems like if you put 1v1, no items, with omega/battlefield only, you instead get items, free-for-all with 4 players, and standard stages. Plus, you can't swap characters as you please, in order to swap to a different character you NEED to leave quickplay and re-enter. It's such a major downgrade from Sm4sh it's not even funny, and it makes trying to get to Elite Smash so much more irritating and a ridiculous hassle.

I find myself going to go into quickplay only to leave and do arenas, which aren't ideal for 1v1'ing because you have to wait in line for your turn, so you spend more time not playing the game rather than actually playing it.

Basically, competitive players are getting matched into casual settings due to the matchmaker. It's really frustrating.

20. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Apparently quick play was somewhat fixed according to their patch notes, I haven't checked to see how much it's been improved. But I'm happy they addressed it, it really was a huge problem.

EDIT: So far it's a definite improvement but I need to play a bit more to really say.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    PrinceOfFacade likes this.