1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

There may be some time before the reveal and the release, or no time, but I think we will at least get a showcase video (especially if Joker has a gimmick).

RileyXY1 likes this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yeah. I believe that they will show off gameplay footage of Joker before he releases.

3. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I hope Stage Builder is a lot more like Brawl's. I really didn't like the changes they made in SSB Wii U.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Why? It was so much better in Wii U. You could draw whatever you want, instead of being stuck placing blocks. The one thing Brawl had going for it was a larger variety of gimmick platforms, but that alone just isn't enough to make it better than the utter freedom you had with Wii U's. Ideally, we get the freedom of Wii U's with the pre-made gimmick platforms of Brawl.

Of course, if we do get Wii U's system, it has the same potential problems as Mario Maker 2 does. You're going to have to change into handheld mode to properly edit stages, and the lack of a stylus is going to make fine manipulation a little harder. I don't think it's a big enough deal to ax that style of builder, but it might make the experience less exciting than Wii U's.

5. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

The interesting point is when.

The month is close to two weeks in already. How long do they intend to wait before officially revealing him? It really does feel like they're going to wait until right up to week of launch before making any formal announcements.

I think simply putting both versions together will make the perfect Stage Builder.

You get the freedom to draw the stage however you want, but also get tons of decarations and platforms to accent the stage.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Yahallo

I think they'll reveal him officially on the 24th April, to tie in with the Persona Super Live, and probably release him that immediately that night.

7. PrinceOfFacade

God I would hate that. lol

Waiting all the way 'til that very moment just sounds like an asshole move. But then again, I'm a very impatient person, so... lol

8. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

I hope that custom stages can be played online in arenas! That would be EPIC!

9. PrinceOfFacade

The stage would have to be uploaded every time, and that sounds rather difficult.

But who knows? Maybe it'll work.

RedR likes this.
  10. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't think that they would wait until the day Joker comes out to show him off.

PrinceOfFacade and Pokemon Power like this.
  11. PrinceOfFacade

FINALLY beat World of Light.

All it took was switching to the Celebi Spirit. It healed me well enough to last as long as needed.

EDIT:
    The goddamn Menu Music Select was hidden behind the WoL completion this whole time. I'm both pleased and pissed. lol

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 11:29 PM
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  12. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Now try beating the true ending w/o dying and do it all with Ganondorf..good stuff awaits if you can do both..don't NG+ immediately.

13. Genos

Genos Endgame

Yeah I was upset about the menu music selection being locked behind WoL. I got irritated of listening the default music day by day. After beating the story I immediately changed it.

PrinceOfFacade likes this.
  14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

For what it's worth, if I remember correctly, they did the same thing in Brawl. You could only change menu music after completing the Subspace Emissary. Seeing as most games don't let you change that menu music at all, I see it as a nifty little easter egg/reward.

15. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Well-Known Member

Actually you could change the menu music in Brawl right from the start.

Speaking of menu music, I think it's a little silly that you can't have the menu theme from the original Super Smash Bros. 64 as menu music.
    It's in the game, but you can only listen to it through the Sound Test.

16. PrinceOfFacade

Same.

I now have the Melee and Brawl menu themes as options.

17. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

There's several songs locked to the sound test for no real reason, it's bizarre

Opening – Melee
    How to Play – 64
    Menu – 64
    Trophies
    Tournament
    Tournament 2
    All-Star Intro
    Adventure Map
    Step: The Plain
    Step: Subspace
    Home-Run Contest
    Trophy Gallery
    Sticker Album/Album/Chronicle
    Tournament Registration
    Tournament Grid
    Tournament Match End
    All-Star Rest Area – Brawl
    Classic: Results Screen
    Classic: Final Results
    Classic: Fail
    Gallery/Hoard
    Replay/Album/Records
    All-Star Rest Area – Smash 4
    StreetSmash

Look at all this! Brawl's opening is available for the Menu, but Melee's isn't. Every single Menu is available on, uh, the Menu, but 64's isn't. Melee's How to Play is on the menu, but not 64's How to PLay. Every trophy & collection theme has been on Menu duty before, so why not here?
    They brought back all 3 All-Star Rest Areas and all 4 of those would be PERFECT for the Menu. Adventure Map is perfect for Menu too, with its passive "select your choice" stylings.
    Step: The Plain, Step: Subspace and StreetSmash should all be available for stage music.
    HRC doesnt really work as anything but maybe when the mode is reintroduced it'll be used then

I have. NO IDEA. Why they brought back the old tournament themes Or why they brought back Smash Wii U's classic themes in particular. But you brought them here so put them somewhere, please. Low intensity songs can go on Menu, higher intensity on Stages. Or, shoot, let them happen in place of the Ultimate versions of those themes in those modes sometimes, why not?

18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I was really sad that Step: The Plain couldn't be played on a stage. I love that track and it's so nostalgic for me. It just makes no sense, as it sounds like a music that would play on a stage. They even use it as the background music for the Spirit battle against Bytan. Things are made even stranger by the fact that Step: Subspace 2 can be played on a stage, but not the other two Step themes. Wish I knew what the distinction was.

19. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

The only thing stranger than having Step: Subspace 3 in the stage selection but Step: Subspace in the sound test is that they didn't bring back Step: Subspace 2

Like ya'll have a million jungle levels i think you can let us have increasingly more foreboding Subspace

20. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Joker and 3.0 confirmed to be dropping 04/17/2019. Yes, that's tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 2:13 AM