1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Where did I say he wasn't from Fatal Fury?! I know Fatal Fury is a Final Fight ripoff...I just want that kind of cool mechanic. Easy.

2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

For first party DLC I hope we get a Galar Pokemon and a 3 Houses rep at least

3. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Byleth and a unrevealed Mon if that happens...

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

First Party DLC I’d rather see it become Dixie Kong. I think she’s unique enough to be different than Daddy. She could utilize her hair more and even use her Cannon Shot from Mario Hoops 3 on 3 as her projectile.

Gamzee Makara likes this.
  5. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Dixie would also be nice.

I'd also like Dante from DMC to be #5 in the first pass.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Problem is, she already appears in the game as a spirit. But who knows, Mewtwo and Lucas already had trophies in Smash 4 and they made it in as DLC anyway.

7. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Really enjoying Banjo but not as fun as Piranha Plant, Joker, or Hero.

Funnily enough, right after I asked if Peachette was available, I got her after one use of Shuffle All which also had 3 others spirits that I needed. Now I’m only missing 2 Spirits

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Where's the KISS concert at?"

And now let's see what people in each country want for more DLC fighters!

[​IMG]

1) Everyone basically wants Disney to buy Nintendo. It's the only choice that appears on all regions and is basically the top choice, except for Japan, who... (see point 2)

2) Why Lloyd Irving? It's amazing he's that popular when Tales polls point out he pales in comparison to the likes of Yuri, Jade, and Leon. I guess seniority is what helps Lloyd...and the fact his company helped make Smash.

3) Unsurprisingly, most of the more popular picks reflect the culture of each region, so it's totally obvious why Master Chief is even an option in America while Japan has a lot of choices more into their culture.

4) People in America are still salty about Waluigi being a trophy.

5) A shocker that Geno isn't a top choice from Japan.

6) Go, Shantae! Dance your way to victory, girl!

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

7) The Internet was a mistake and if there were a shred of remaining ambiguity as to why we aren't permitted to pick DLC characters ourselves, collectively, it just dried up and drifted away in the breeze.

10. AuraChannelerChris

I know, right.

...Why pick Sora when you can freakin' pick Mickey Mouse. Now that's a worldwide treasure.

Dragalge likes this.
  11. Captain Jigglypuff

I think Shantae would be very unique in Smash should she become DLC. My idea for her moveset is:
    Aerial Recovery- Shantae transform into Harpy and flies upward before turning back and landing.
    Edge Grabbing- Shantae turns into Spider and shoots out a web shot to pull herself back onto the stage
    Upward Special- Same as Aerial recovery except Shantae spins as she flies into the air
    Down Special- Shantae turns into Elephant and jumps up slightly and comes down with a Stomp. If down in mid-air, she will fall rapidly in a straight line and cause major damage if she lands on anyone and causes a small shockwave of damage to the surrounding area. Downside to this is Shantae can’t change direction when falling from the air and has a small window of vulnerability when she lands before she transforms back to normal.
    Neutral Special- Shantae pulls out the Genie Lamp from Pirate’s Curse and uses it to suck in all fighters towards her, leaving them open for attack for a few seconds. This also draws in all items currently on the Stage or near Shantae in the case of massive Stages like the Cave Offense, whether they are above or below her similar to Kirby’s Inhale. If you hold the button down longer, the range of the suction will increase and the maximum area is half of the Stage on normal ones and only the section closest to Shantae on the massive ones.
    Side Special- Shantae uses the Monkey Bullet. Charging the move will increase its rage but you can’t control the direction.
    Final Smash- Risky Boots suddenly appears with her ship and anchors behind the stage. Shantae then jumps in the background to attack the ship as Risky launches massive cannon balls all over the stage rapidly. The projectiles are very difficult to dodge. After a awhile the ship starts an explosion animation and it blows up sending Risky into the air screaming. Voice clips from the series’ games are Risky laughing when she appears, Shantae shouting “Defeat Risky Boots!”, Risky shouting, “Fire the cannons!”, “Keep firing!”, And “Attack!”, And Risky screaming with Shantae saying, “And don’t come back!”

That’s all I have for now.

12. AuraChannelerChris

Silly me posted the Smash info in the wrong topic. Um, can someone move those posts over there?

13. AuraChannelerChris

14. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

One thing I didn't realize until now was that, with at least the first three DLC fighter pass batches, each DLC spirit board has a legend support spirit and gives out an ability that has not been featured with any other spirit.

Persona: Phatom Thieves: Item Autograb
    Dragon Quest: Hero's Comrades: Team Power Up
    Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda: Poison Power Up

Interesting stuff there.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 3:18 PM
    Gamzee Makara and Ignition like this.
  15. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Don't trust the chart. The data was collected by trying to seek out responses to official Smash Bros tweets and tally up which characters were mentioned.
    This causes the data to have an extremely small sample size.
    Also, Gundam shouldn't be in the results at all.

Don't take my word for it though.

Gamzee Makara likes this.
  16. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Why does everyone want Sora so badly? The only Disney character I think would make perfect sense to add to Smash is Wreck-It Ralph.

17. Captain Jigglypuff

Well Sora is a rather unique blade weapon user. The Keyblade isn’t exactly a Sword even though its user can swing it around like one and it also has magical properties to it that include firing beams of light that Can cause damage and also open and close gateways to other worlds and also to people’s hearts. Sora can get a very interesting moveset that sets him completely apart from someone like Link or Shulk. The “too many Sword users” complaint does not apply here because Sora isn’t really a swordfighter. He’s a teen that wields a giant key that can act as a Sword but it is ideally used to seal away worlds from darkness. Sora can also use Magic and even glide across the screen for a short period of time which is another unique aspect of his.

18. AuraChannelerChris

Sora bashes stuff, really. It isn't a sword. So really, he's just swinging a large tip of steel to smack it on people's faces.

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Who makes no sense at all, because again, he did not originate in a video game that actually existed. I have to qualify it that way because SOMEONE would have said "but he is a video game character, technically," and no one needs that.

Who brought Wreck-It Ralph up in the first place, and why did they feel the need to do this to us?

20. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Jibanyan making it top 10 for most wanted DLC character in the Europe is quite surprising (and satisfying). R.I.P to Spyro though, it seems like Crash Bandicoot is more favoured of PlayStation’s former mascot characters.