1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Hey guys, I've been gone from the forums for a while, and since I've left, I put together something really fun I'd like to share. It's a YouTube video mostly made using Smash Bros' video editor. It's a fake DLC character reveal trailer for Jessie and James of Team Rocket. I painstakingly recreated the feel of a character reveal trailer in every way that I could.

Came up with the idea for this back when they announced the Team Rocket Grunt Mii Costumes. Realized this was way too fun of an idea not to try out.

If your interested in getting the "Team Rocket DLC Pack" for yourself, you can use these codes:
    Jessie: 7C01NT6H
    James: 46Q468Y1
    Team Rocket's Balloon Stage: D57Q5QSR

WishIhadaManafi5 and Midnite♪ like this.
  2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

What Online mode needs is the ability to spectate live matches and even bet coins on them. People can form watch parties.

Captain Jigglypuff likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

It would be interesting but Game Raying Boards are an issue here. You need to remember that Game Corner was taken out of all Pokémon games after Platinum because of regulations. Betting coins would make getting some rare Spirits much easier to get when they appear in the shops but that would still be considered “gambling” in a video game.

4. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Carmen Sandiego is my dream pick, and I got her moves locked down...

Neutral B:Theft(Disables and steals the target's Neutral B move until you next make a successful non-projectile attack on her(Referencing "Catching her" in WitICS) or a Final Smash)
    Side-B:Heist Map and Loot(Opens a map of the real World that acts like a weak Fan(without the shield damage or stun) up close, but can be charged to launch miniaturized real-world landmark and/or geographical points of interest/value., which work like Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit, but not as broken.(Educational part of the character)
    Up-B/Third Jump:Grapple Gun(Fires her signature Grapple Gun as a fast horizontal tethered projectile when grounded that can grab or repel depending on the knockback at contact and whether the hook has deployed, but functions as a tether recovery when not grounded.)
    Down-B:V.I.L.E.(Summons a V.I.LE. agent to steal items, dropped/pick-up-able/catchable projectiles, tank a single hit and/or attack(Works like a hybrid of Wild Gunman and Waddle Dee Toss)

FInal Smash:Where In The World?(Carmen attacks the opponents via Loot and Vile Agents while occupying a good chunk of the screen and and taunting the 4th Wall AKA facing the players(Her deadliest canon power on a Deadpool-esque scale)

Her "Gimmick" is the Theft aspect:Rather than copy, she disables and steals your B-Move until you "catch"(Bodily contact) or "Imprison" her(Final Smash). And she breaks the 4th Wall.

Stage:VILE Headquarters(A walkoff stage that has random traps in the floor and buried in a catwalk at the top, such as Pitfalls and Bumpers, as well as small bubble areas.

Music:Theme from the NES port of her original game, many a sequel's various music, and, oh yeah, a Smashified version of THE ROCKAPELLA VERSION OF THE THEME SONG.

Spirits(Not gonna make predictions on these, but there's enough The Learning Company ones and Carmen Sandiego Games ones)

Mii Costumes:The Learning Company properties, and possibly former Humongous Entertainment properties.

Classic Mode:Where in Smash Can She Be?(Has you fight the characters that are detectives, puzzle-solvers and/or thieves with some "good" in them, and fight Dracula because he's the kind of person she despises)

Trailer:Wario and Joker are in Dracula's Castle after Simon and Richter left after fighting Dracula, and they find Luigi's body, causing Wario to laugh nervously. Joker goes to a room where the gem that keeps Dracula immortal is kept, but finds it already gone. In a panic, he summons Arsenne, but then Dracula ambushes him and Wario in his second form...they are outmatched, when suddenly, a flash of red Trenchcoat, a figure wearing a fedora, and a grapple gun to Dracula's face kills him...the figure turns around, asking why these boys were here when she's already stolen all the loot. She then grapples away, but not before her Splash Art says....

Where in Smash is...
    CARMEN SANDIEGO?

Post-Demo shows Joker and Wario looking dejected, but not before Joker is shown to have been given the Ruby that is the Heart of Dracula's power, and a note showing Joker's police profile with the Phantom Thieves of Hearts's symbol on it and the VILE logo(Revealing that she new exactly who he is via VILE, leading Joker to pursue, and it ends, but not before a newly alive Luigi jumpscares Wario to death.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

The more I think about it, Travis Touchdown in Smash makes a lot of sense. He's been a long-time M-Rated Nintendo player long before Bayonetta appeared, his games made excellent use of the Wii Motion controls and he's making his big return in 2020.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I can't wait until we actually get news.

7. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

Sweat I have leveled up every spirit to Level 99. That took a while though I just threw them in the Dojo and come back the next day.

Leonhart and Gamzee Makara like this.
  8. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I'm trying to do that too. I'm almost done, still need a few more spirits.

9. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

I just purchased the Fighters Pass and I've cleared all of the routes in Classic mode. Can't wait to find out who the fifth fighter is. I think any of the following would be great (each character is listed with their game of origin. I made sure to avoid including characters who are already assist trophies or spirits):
    - Mike Jones (StarTropics, 1990)
    - Sora (Kingdom Hearts, 2002)
    - Dante (Devil May Cry, 2001)
    - Amaterasu (Ōkami, 2006)
    - Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot, 1996)
    - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon, 1998)
    - Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, 1988)
    - Jason & SOPHIA (Blaster Master, 1988)
    - Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim, 1994)
    - Cuphead (Cuphead, 2017)
    - Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt, 2014)
    - Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia, 1989)*

*while the first entry to the Prince of Persia series was released in 1989, I recommend that the Prince's moveset and design be based on his Sands of Time incarnation.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

The harsh reality is, while Sora is acceptable, all the Disney references will surely be cut since that requires some serious dough to show here. I don't think he's acceptable because of his heavy Disney relations (unless Disney feels charitable, which I doubt, since either they do that...or they buy Nintendo).

11. Captain Jigglypuff

I think that Disney and Nintendo could put Sora into Smash Ultimate but it’s going to cost Nintendo a ton of money. Disney does get stingy when it comes to their characters and property. For example in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the producers got access to Mickey and Donald under the strict guideline that they share equal screen time with Bugs and Daffy and the WB characters didn’t upstage them.

12. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Kingdom Hearts had to work around Disney refusing to let summons be any character since it would be too much of a crossover between individual franchises. If Sora got in I’d almost expect it to be a standalone Disney Dlc pack

13. Captain Jigglypuff

The issue isn’t if Disney will cooperate but rather the licensing fees and agreements the company will demand Nintendo to honor. Disney does like to be stingy when it comes to their property. The Cartoon All Stars anti-drug special was supposed to feature Mickey, Donald, and Goofy instead of Huey, Dewy, And Louie but Disney wouldn’t allow it.

14. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

To me, if Disney wanted to put one of their characters in Smash, the selection would have to make sense in context. That's why my choice for a Disney character would not be Sora, but Wreck-It Ralph. Within the world of the Wreck-It Ralph franchise, Ralph lives in an arcade cabinet, and has met video game superstars that reside in cabinets too, like Sonic and Pac-Man.

15. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Sadly Sakurai is very likely to turn Wreck-It Ralph down as while lore-wise he is a video game character he is still a movie character in the grand scheme of things. Sakurai is pretty adamant about not adding non-video game characters to Smash.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Dragalge likes this.
  16. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Wreck-it-Ralph is a video game character only in context to a movie.

He's really a movie character.

Dragalge likes this.
  17. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

20. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Sega all stars racing also had the yogcast people and danica patrick so like....

BCVM22 likes this.